Old 02-10-2020, 04:16 PM

I'm glad they addressed the death of Harry Wells. I was worried that was going to go unremarked.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

This was one of the better episodes of this season. I hope they do a good job with Mirror Master. Maybe we'll get a new Rogues Gallery? That would be awesome. Probably wishful thinking.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:21 AM

S06E11: Love Is a Battlefield

LOVE IS IN THE AIR - Barry and Iris plan a romantic dinner for Valentine's Day but their evening is interrupted by an old foe - Amunet (guest star Katee Sackhoff). Meanwhile, Frost gets into the holiday spirit and attempts to help Allegra (guest star Kayla Compton) reconnect with an old love.

Love Is a Battlefield promo: https://youtu.be/JYxvaGYbWg0
Old 02-11-2020, 08:19 PM

That has to be the worst episode of the Flash ever. Also Katee Sackhoff gets worst every time I see her. Her "acting" is the equivalent of nails on the chalkboard.

Are they saving money for a big episode? That felt like the low budget show to save up for an expensive one.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:38 AM

They probably blew the budget on Crisis. Plus Bloodwork's effects in the front half of the season couldn't have been cheap.

I actually like Katee Sackhoff's scenery chewing as Amunet Black. Her relationship with Goldface relationship was so ridiculously over the top. It was great!

I was worried that we were going to get mopey Barry again, what with his post-Crisis depression. Fortunately Papa Joe put him back on track. Unfortunately he was interacting with mirror Iris this whole time. I hope that doesn't interfere with character growth for Barry and Iris, since I like where both characters, especially Iris, and their relationship are going.

Frost + Allegra is an odd combination. What makes Frost think she can give lessons in love? Especially since all her advice ultimately comes from Ralph.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:32 AM

I yelled, "Get a lair!" to Amunet Black and Goldface at the end.

The new Mirror Master is an interesting idea. The previous one on Earth-One was a meta, but this one seems to have at least started with tech. (Harry Wells had said there was an Earth-Two Mirror Master who was based on tech.)
Old 02-14-2020, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

While I won't praise the episode, I love Sackhoff's Amunet Black. She's just so over-the-top campy fun, it's hilarious. Such a change of pace from everything else I've seen her in.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
While I won't praise the episode, I love Sackhoff's Amunet Black. She's just so over-the-top campy fun, it's hilarious. Such a change of pace from everything else I've seen her in.
I was really hoping that she was going to drop that accent — for the length of the truthtelling scene, but only for the length of the truthtelling scene, after which she’d, y’know, be right back at work.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Agreed. It's almost like she's trying for a Batman 1966 Joker performance.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:21 AM

S06E12: A Girl Named Sue

WHEN RALPH MET SUE - After months of searching for Sue Dearbon (guest star Natalie Dreyfuss), Ralph gets a lead on her whereabouts and finally comes face to face with his missing client. However, Sue refuses to return home to her family, and instead, takes Ralph on a daring adventure. Iris faces a new challenge while Barry considers a potentially dangerous request from a trusted source.

A Girl Named Sue promo: https://youtu.be/NpUicfFeLoU
Old 02-18-2020, 11:05 PM

This was a well-plotted, tightly-written episode where seemingly unrelated plot threads all came together. Team Citizen's investigation into Joseph Carver and McCulloch Technologies, the disappearance of Eva McColluch, Iris in the mirrorverse, Ralph's investigation into Sue Dearbon, Ultraviolet and Black Hole. Great interplay between Ralph and Sue, plus a totally gratuitous but awesome catfight in catsuits.

The only plot theads that haven't been connected yet are Nash's visions of Harry and his connection to Allegra. Also, they seem to have totally forgotten about Godspeed.

I believe this is the first episode of the show without an appearance by Caitlin/Frost. Danielle Panabaker is (was) pregnant, so we might be seeing a lot less of Frost in coming episodes. Cisco, on the other hand, has no excuse.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:33 AM

Are they testing the idea of a Ralph and/or Sue Dearborn spin-off? It felt like it. How did Cecile not pick up on Sue's deceit?

Is Sue a comic book character bonus for the fans?
Old 02-19-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Exit? View Post
Is Sue a comic book character bonus for the fans?
A major bonus! She kicks off (heh) a big storyline (and maybe next crossover ?).
Old 02-19-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy L View Post
A major bonus! She kicks off (heh) a big storyline (and maybe next crossover ?).
You think they're going to do that? Identity Crisis isn't particularly well regarded. They also, I thought, subtly addressed it by naming Sue's antagonist John Loring. She said he was trying to kill her when she was really trying to steal a diamond from him. The event that kicked off the Identity Crisis
SPOILER:
was the murder of Sue Dibny née Dearbon by Jean Loring.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus Est View Post
You think they're going to do that? Identity Crisis isn't particularly well regarded. They also, I thought, subtly addressed it by naming Sue's antagonist John Loring. She said he was trying to kill her when she was really trying to steal a diamond from him. The event that kicked off the Identity Crisis
SPOILER:
was the murder of Sue Dibny née Dearbon by Jean Loring.
No (especially after seeing this episode). I don't think I even read Identity Crisis, but apparently I heard enough about it for my brain to go "Ding! Mention of Sue Dibney means multi-hero mayhem!"

I'm interested in Mirror-Iris - not exactly like real-Iris, but not an evil-Iris, either (so far). [Seinfeld]"What's her deal?[/Seinfeld]
Old 02-20-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:

The only plot theads that haven't been connected yet are Nash's visions of Harry and his connection to Allegra. Also, they seem to have totally forgotten about Godspeed.
Possibly Nash's visions of Harry has something to do with the Mirrorverse?
Old 02-20-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy L View Post
No (especially after seeing this episode). I don't think I even read Identity Crisis, but apparently I heard enough about it for my brain to go "Ding! Mention of Sue Dibney means multi-hero mayhem!"
It was multi-hero mayhem, but not in a good way. Thankfully, some Googling has revealed that the new showrunner, Eric Wallace, has said that Identity Crisis is not in the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendarii Dame View Post
Possibly Nash's visions of Harry has something to do with the Mirrorverse?
Might be due to his having been Pariah during Crisis.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
The only plot theads that haven't been connected yet are Nash's visions of Harry and his connection to Allegra.
Was he still seeing Harry? I thought he was seeing Earth-1 Harrison in this ep.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
That was definitely Harry. He also snagged Harry's diary from the STARchives.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:09 AM

S06E13: Grodd Friended Me

GRODD RETURNS - Feeling overwhelmed with all the changes since Crisis, Barry conducts an experiment that goes awry and puts him directly in Gorilla Grodd's (voiced by David Sobolov) path. Expecting the worst, Barry is surprised when Grodd asks for his help. Unfortunately for both The Flash and Grodd, things get worse when another villain appears - Solovar (voiced by Keith David). Meanwhile, Iris works with Eva (guest star Efrat Dor) to escape the Mirrorverse.

Grodd Friended Me promo: https://youtu.be/0F-ZVrlP_KY
Old 02-25-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
Quote:
That was definitely Harry. He also snagged Harry's diary from the STARchives.
After seeing tonight's episode, maybe that was OG-Harrison Wells. Nash saw Sherloque tonight, who somehow manifested red glowing eyes and helicopter noises, like Reverse Flash.

I liked the battle between mind-Solovar and speedster-Grodd. The latter had all the strengths of Grodd and all the weaknesses of Barry, like not seeing a punch coming. Barry said that he was initially defeated by mind-Solovar because he tried to fight him the same way he fought Solovar three years ago. He already forgot that the first time the gorilla army appeared in Central City, he ran straight into Solovar's shield.

Cisco was still MIA. I can understand the contrivance of having the Cortex manned by Kamilla and Chester. Barry is feeling lost in the new post-Crisis world where so much is different; even the voices in his comms are different. But that just underlined the fact that Cisco is absent.

Caitlin and Frost, on the other hand, were present despite the actress's pregnancy. I see they're handling it in the time-honored tradition of having Danielle wear baggy clothing, wear a long coat, and/or shooting her from the waist up.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:30 PM

I'm guessing all of the various Wells, including Wellsobard are trapped in Nash's mind? And maybe Thawne's trying to take over.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:26 AM

S06E14: Death of the Speed Force

WALLY WEST SPEEDS BACK INTO CENTRAL CITY - Kid Flash (guest star Keiynan Lonsdale) returns to Central City with a Zen attitude and new tricks up his sleeve. While thrilled to see his family again, Wally confides to Barry that he returned because he thinks there is something wrong with the speed force. Meanwhile, Cisco returns from his fact-finding mission across Earth-Prime.

Death of the Speed Force promo: https://youtu.be/Zq5ObWiA9j0
Death of the Speed Force sneak peek: https://youtu.be/GCBZf5basVc
Old 03-11-2020, 08:36 AM

Wally West returns from Tibet, just in time for the death of the Speed Force. And it's all Barry's fault. Meanwhile Cisco returns from wherever it was he went (Atlantis?), just in time for Eobard Thawne to inhabit Nash Wells. Which is also Barry's fault. The meta-of-the-week was Turtle 2.0, and I'm sure her emergence was also Barry's fault.

The only thing that isn't Barry's fault is Mirror Master, but why hasn't he noticed that there's something wrong with Iris? Wally certainly did. Kamilla is also beginning to suspect.

Over on Supergirl, I've been complaining about how overstuffed with plot threads their season has been. There's about the same number of threads here on The Flash but it doesn't seem to be overstuffed. Maybe because none of the story lines appear to be forced, like that wretched William+Kara romance.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
The only thing that isn't Barry's fault is Mirror Master, but why hasn't he noticed that there's something wrong with Iris? Wally certainly did. Kamilla is also beginning to suspect.
On the last statement, I really should have said: Kamilla was also beginning to suspect until mirror-Iris shot her and removed all doubt.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Wally West returns from Tibet, just in time for the death of the Speed Force. And it's all Barry's fault. Meanwhile Cisco returns from wherever it was he went (Atlantis?), just in time for Eobard Thawne to inhabit Nash Wells. Which is also Barry's fault. The meta-of-the-week was Turtle 2.0, and I'm sure her emergence was also Barry's fault.

Over on Supergirl, I've been complaining about how overstuffed with plot threads their season has been. There's about the same number of threads here on The Flash but it doesn't seem to be overstuffed. Maybe because none of the story lines appear to be forced, like that wretched William+Kara romance.
Wally, who met Iris for the first time as a near-adult notices that she's off, while Barry and Joe who have known her her whole life don't. I guess that can make sense (Wally sees the change as sudden because he's been away - or something) - but damnit show, try to notice these things and make an effort to justify them.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

I'm also confused how the reporter didn't question "we don't take pictures of ourselves." There is no level on which that instruction makes any sense at all.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:49 PM

As I recall, Barry did notice, but because of the whole reality reboot thing, he thought it was just him.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:02 AM

S06E15: The Exorcism of Nash Wells

A DANGEROUS NEW META HITS CENTRAL CITY - The Flash takes on a dangerous new meta named Sunshine (guest star Natalie Sharp). Cisco sets out to help Nash.

The Exorcism of Nash Wells promo: https://youtu.be/xb23u_uVMq4

The Flash and all the other Arrowverse shows have shut down production due to Covid-19 concerns. There are only a few days left in the shooting schedule, so I don't how this will impact the airing of the show.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:29 AM

I'm enjoying the theme of light-based metas. Sunshine, Ultraviolet, Dr. Light, Mirror Master, Allegra, even the organization name "Black Hole". It forms this cohesive motif that ties this half season together, something that Supergirl has yet to find so far in their back half.

A bit disappointed that Reverse Flash was so easily defeated. Without his powers, he's nothing more than a mouthy bully. But just the threat of his re-emergence gave this episode some real stakes. He'll be back, of course.

Mirror Master is also turning out to be a worthy adversary. Now she's got Kamilla ensared. All she needs now is Allegra and she'll have the whole of Team Citizen. Team Flash still doesn't have a clue.

Glad to see Commissioner Singh team up with Captain West to take down the mole in CCPD. Was Sunshine really her, though? Seems too convenient.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:

Glad to see Commissioner Singh team up with Captain West to take down the mole in CCPD. Was Sunshine really her, though? Seems too convenient.
In the recent episode there was a female officer in the background a couple of times, handing stuff to Singh, etc. I'd guess it's her.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:57 AM

I think "team Flash" if you include Joe West, definitely is noticing something is up with Iris.

I thought they were going to go into how Thawne ended up in Nash's psyche even though he wasn't really a Wells, all he did was change his shape into that of Harrison Wells. Alas, it looks like that was just a lampshade by Cisco, and they let it drop. Maybe it's just acknowledging that they would never figure that part out and so they let it go.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
I think "team Flash" if you include Joe West, definitely is noticing something is up with Iris.

I thought they were going to go into how Thawne ended up in Nash's psyche even though he wasn't really a Wells, all he did was change his shape into that of Harrison Wells. Alas, it looks like that was just a lampshade by Cisco, and they let it drop. Maybe it's just acknowledging that they would never figure that part out and so they let it go.
The Multiverse is combining a huge piles of Wellses into one; it got to the Wellsobard and said "Eh, I'll just roll with it"