Old 03-05-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovitlac View Post
I'm tempted to get a court order, but then I'm out the cost of filing, the time of going, and she'll still likely never pay.
Check the laws where you are. You might be able to put a lien on her vehicle for the amount of damages. Assuming she's not driving a POS worth less than the damages.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
Yes, this virus thing has turned into mass hysteria. The store I work at sold 1,000 16 oz. bottles of Purell in three hours.

By the way, a woman waiting at a bus stop after dark is not asking to be picked up. So do not talk to me, creepy guy. I'm glad my bus came before I slugged him a good one.
I feel this deep in my core. Some guy was listing off dad-jokes while we were waiting at the UPS store. I'm not opposed to making a wisecrack or one-off comment (assuming it's respectful / not commenting on my appearance or something). But insisting on carrying on the conversation when I'm not contributing is just awkward.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovitlac View Post
I feel this deep in my core. Some guy was listing off dad-jokes while we were waiting at the UPS store. I'm not opposed to making a wisecrack or one-off comment (assuming it's respectful / not commenting on my appearance or something). But insisting on carrying on the conversation when I'm not contributing is just awkward.
I'm convinced that there are people who are missing the feedback loop that enables you to notice when someone is interested in what you're saying and when they're not.

And I'm related to one of them... who I swear has never once in their life thought "Is what I'm about to say ignorant and hurtful?" or "Well, I just finished a comment; did they appreciate it? Do they want to hear my long follow-up story? Or might they want to get a chance to say something?" (NAAAAAH... Full Speed Ahead!)

Last edited by digs; 03-05-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingButStrong View Post
I refuse to hoard. With my constellation of illnesses (heart/kidneys/diabetes) I figure I'll contract the disease and die as soon as the virus comes within a hundred miles of me, so why would I need forty rolls of tp?
So you can wrap yourself up and pretend to be a mummy, of course!

Last edited by Catamount; 03-05-2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Punctuation helps
Old 03-05-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I refuse to hoard. With my constellation of illnesses (heart/kidneys/diabetes) I figure I'll contract the disease and die as soon as the virus comes within a hundred miles of me, so why would I need forty rolls of tp?
This. Diabetic, stage 3 kidney disease, history of heart disease. Plus I'm 74. I figure I'll be the first to go, the canary in the coal mine. If I suddenly disappear from the Dope, you'll know why.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:39 PM
Charter Member

My sister, a dedicated bird watcher, was out yesterday with a number of others. looking for a rare woodpecker that had been reported in our area. While out in this wild park, near the river, three abandoned dogs were seen. One a terrier mix, one a chihuahua, and one a very pregnant dachshund. They all even had collars on, and the poor doxie was hardly able to move with her distended belly. The caught her and the chihuahua but not the terrier. Today she and I went to look for the dog but were unable to find it. I checkec with the shelter, where the other two were taken, and the doxie will be in foster care until the puppies are born and are old enough to be on their own, several weeks.

How can people just throw out pets like this, It pisses me off so much. I'm going to keep in contact with the shelter, and maybe in a couple months I could adopt the mama. I already have one dachshund, hope he would accept her. He's snipped of course, and she would be spayed. Why didn't the first owner do that? Sometimes I hate people
Old 03-05-2020, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Baker, reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: the more I see of people the more I love my pets. Yeah. I hope the terrier winds up in a shelter too. And I hope the doxie ends up in your house.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 PM

kayT, I've seen a shirt advertised on Instagram to the effect of "I love cats. People make my head hurt". Makes sense to a call center worker.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:31 PM
Embracing the Suck
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
And I still have never purchased it. I'd rather wash my hands with soap.
Ditto. I am an inveterate eye rubber, can't seem to stop myself, so I also don't let my hands get too dirty and wash as soon after finishing a task as I can, and I don't use hand lotions either.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Long before the coronavirus scare I started storing toilet paper simply because (1.) It's something you do need (2.) It is something that the stores can run out of if there's an emergency (3.) It doesn't cost that much (4.) It'll keep forever (5.) I have a place (on top of the bathroom cabinet) where I can store it that's otherwise unused space. So I keep five 9-rolls that get rotated out as it gets used.

Now the twenty-four 5-gallon jugs of drinking water in my basement looks less sane but I swear there's an innocent explanation for that.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
....and I don't use hand lotions either.
Heh, my gf occasionally asks me to apply moisturizer lotion to her back. When I finish applying it I wash my hands vigorously with soap to remove it. She rolls her eyes and I remind her that I am way too moist as it is.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:32 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

In honor of my recently completed "self-quarantine", I give you this.
On the first day of quar'ntine my true love sent to me a really nifty face mask.

On the second day of quar'ntine my true love sent to me two canned veggies and a really nifty face mask.

On the third day of quarn'tine my true lov sent to me three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the fourth day of quar'ntine my true love sent to me four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the fifth day of quar'ntine my true love sent to me five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the sixth day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the seventh day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the eighth day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me eight thermometers, seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the ninth day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me nine friends' messages, eight thermometers, seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the tenth day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me ten surgical gloves, nine friends' messages, eight thermometers, seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the eleventh day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me eleven sanitizers, ten surgical gloves, nine friends' messages, eight thermometers, seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the twelfth day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me twelve gov'ment warnings, eleven sanitizers, ten surgical gloves, nine friends' messages, eight thermometers, seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the thirteenth day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me thirteen big bags of food, twelve gov'ment warnings, eleven sanitizers, ten surgical gloves, nine friends' messages, eight thermometers, seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.

On the fourteenth day of quarn'tine my true love sent to me fourteen red packets, thirteen big bags of food, twelve gov'ment warnings, eleven sanitizers, ten surgical gloves, nine friends' messages, eight thermometers, seven guards a-checking, six gifs a-dancing, five E-mails, four WeChat texts, three take-out meals, two canned veggies, and a really nifty face mask.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:28 AM

Better quarantine your packages too.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/can-co...mazon-packages

People is nuts.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:37 AM

My mom is moving to my town to be closer to me. Which should be great, and to some extent it is - I won't have to drive 3 hours to get to her if there's another life-threatening emergency, she's moving into a great building that seems to have built-in community. All good stuff.

But I can't muster the excitement everyone seems to think I should feel for a number of reasons:
1. She is completely oblivious to, nor does she care about, other people's schedules. Not only had I had certain events planned for months or even up to a year before her preferred move date (which she will not adjust), she's asked me to cancel those events, one of which is a marathon I've been training for for almost a year. (I'm not moving it, but it still pisses me off that she'd ask.)

2. Part of the tradeoff of having family nearby is spending time with that. My husband will not stop bitching about how, "I'm not letting her cramp my style, overly. She can't just be showing up and expecting to hang out all the time." I get that and I have my own reservations but thanks to all the bitching about it, I have no opportunity to get that off my chest.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm conducting annual reviews today. I also receive my annual review today. I'll be interested to see if I post here, livid about my annual review in an hour and a half. So that'll be fun. It's like getting a report card in school only a little shittier because I doubt my abilities way more than I did as a kid.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

I think I have the flu. Cough, congestion, body aches, fever. Could be just a cold because I don’t feel bad as long as I keep up with the Tylenol and ibuprofen. But when the drugs wear off I spike a fever and respiratory illness plus multiple days of fever probably means flu. Told my mom I was sick and her immediate response was “have you been tested for Coronavirus?” Sigh.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Insurance sucks.

I broke a tooth yesterday. I checked on the DMO website (new insurance this year) and found out that an office I used to go to accepted the DMO. I called first thing this morning and got an appointment. After I got there, I found out that their roster of DMO patients was full, and they would be unable to submit any charges to the payer. They have a policy of first exam free, which I went ahead and did, but to get things fixed, without insurance, is going to cost me $3K.

I called the DMO, and they gave me 3 names of practices that have open spots for new patients. Two of them are either already closed or always closed on Friday, and the third is only open until 4 PM. Even if I go to the one that's open, I'm sure I'm not going to get the crowns I need today. Ratfarts! This is annoying.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
Ditto. I am an inveterate eye rubber, can't seem to stop myself, so I also don't let my hands get too dirty and wash as soon after finishing a task as I can, and I don't use hand lotions either.
I carry a habenero pepper in my pocket, use it as a stress ball. I have no problems inadvertently touching my face and eyes
Old 03-06-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlyverbose View Post
I'll be interested to see if I post here, livid about my annual review in an hour and a half. So that'll be fun. It's like getting a report card in school only a little shittier because I doubt my abilities way more than I did as a kid.
You're great! If they give you crap, it's so you won't ask for a raise (I had a boss like that. No matter how many millions you made the company by getting new clients or catching expensive mistakes, or hiring brilliant people... come review time: "We've just got concerns about your performance, and everyone else's, so there won't be any raises...").

Boss admitted that management actively kept people from knowing how well they were doing, so they wouldn't want more... or be confident enough to look elsewhere. We ended up with an unofficial support group to keep each other from believing the bosses' negativity.

ETA: Forgot to ask: How'd it go?

Last edited by digs; 03-06-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
You're great! If they give you crap, it's so you won't ask for a raise (I had a boss like that. No matter how many millions you made the company by getting new clients or catching expensive mistakes, or hiring brilliant people... come review time: "We've just got concerns about your performance, and everyone else's, so there won't be any raises...").

Boss admitted that management actively kept people from knowing how well they were doing, so they wouldn't want more... or be confident enough to look elsewhere. We ended up with an unofficial support group to keep each other from believing the bosses' negativity.

ETA: Forgot to ask: How'd it go?
Good lord, that sucks. He/she sounds like a giant asshole, and so does that company's management.

And my review went way, way better than I was expecting; the primary constructive feedback I got was that I'm "a little hard on myself." What really made me happy, though, was how well my employee reviews went (at least the ones I had today). The three people I reviewed had all had a shitty, shitty week slogging through issues with really unsupportive teams.

I scheduled their reviews today because they all got such positive feedback and each one got a really solid bonus and a raise, so I wanted them to have the weekend to enjoy it. (Plus, I wasn't allowed to give them their review earlier since I work for a really large company where it takes months of approvals to finalize a review.)

All in all, a pretty satisfying way to spend part of my Friday. But the day's not over yet.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendgwen View Post
I think I have the flu. Cough, congestion, body aches, fever. Could be just a cold because I donít feel bad as long as I keep up with the Tylenol and ibuprofen. But when the drugs wear off I spike a fever and respiratory illness plus multiple days of fever probably means flu. Told my mom I was sick and her immediate response was ďhave you been tested for Coronavirus?Ē Sigh.
Aren't cough, fever & trouble breathing the symptoms I keep reading about? What is one supposed to actually look out for to know whether to contact a doctor or not? It doesn't seem like such a strange question from your mom?
Old 03-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrows 0f Doom View Post
Aren't cough, fever & trouble breathing the symptoms I keep reading about? What is one supposed to actually look out for to know whether to contact a doctor or not? It doesn't seem like such a strange question from your mom?
Sheís in an area of the country with multiple covid-19 cases and is... over-reacting. Iím in a state with no cases (yet) and havenít traveled recently. And Iím an ER doctor and get multiple emails per week about our current covid-19 response, most recent protocol updates, etc. Thereís no indication for covid testing for me. But I have seen many patients with flu and other common respiratory viruses in the past 2 weeks. Which is undoubtedly where I got whatever I got.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendgwen View Post
Sheís in an area of the country with multiple covid-19 cases and is... over-reacting. Iím in a state with no cases (yet) and havenít traveled recently. And Iím an ER doctor and get multiple emails per week about our current covid-19 response, most recent protocol updates, etc. Thereís no indication for covid testing for me. But I have seen many patients with flu and other common respiratory viruses in the past 2 weeks. Which is undoubtedly where I got whatever I got.
Missed the edit window - If sheíd asked whether I got a flu swab I would have explained why I didnít bother but I wouldnít be rolling my eyes the way I am about the Coronavirus question.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

A mini-rave for a change: got my taxes done and after putting aside for this upcoming year's property tax I'll have left over ~$300.00 from my fed/state return and another ~$300.00 later this fall when I receive a special "homesteader" credit I qualify for. My returns basically pay my property tax so it's nice to have a bit left over.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

duplicate

Last edited by Lumpy; 03-06-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Finally Hillary Clinton is being held accountable for the Benghazi debacle. My husband worked there and it was a cock up.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenerms View Post
Finally Hillary Clinton is being held accountable for the Benghazi debacle. My husband worked there and it was a cock up.
I know this is the Pit, but do you have a cite for that? I couldn't find anything current about Secretary Clinton's handling of Benghazi.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

She has to sit for, under oath, about the private server emails as pertains to the Benghazi attack.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
She has to sit for, under oath, about the private server emails as pertains to the Benghazi attack.
Again, cite? Do you have a link to a news story or an article that I can read? She testified in 2015, but the FBI recommended that no charges be brought against her. Anything more concrete than just your word?

Last edited by cochrane; 03-07-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
Again, cite? Do you have a link to a news story or an article that I can read? She testified in 2015, but the FBI recommended that no charges be brought against her. Anything more concrete than just your word?
Urm ... it's only been trumpeted in the news recently, and any casual search brings it up. Try Googling Hillary testify.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Urm ... it's only been trumpeted in the news recently, and any casual search brings it up. Try Googling Hillary testify.
I seriously had not heard any news about this. And casual searches brought up nothing at all. I only found anything out about this by using the search term you suggested.

Last edited by cochrane; 03-07-2020 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
A mini-rave for a change: got my taxes done and after putting aside for this upcoming year's property tax I'll have left over ~$300.00 from my fed/state return and another ~$300.00 later this fall when I receive a special "homesteader" credit I qualify for. My returns basically pay my property tax so it's nice to have a bit left over.

Beyond jealous. I paid a shit ton in cap gains when I sold my apartments this year. But sadly made enough to trigger some BS that means I have to pay all my Social Security back. More checks to write. I make it worse by complaining loudly about giving a fucking dime to the current administration.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
It has been all over the news. Having my husband work in Libya before and after the revolution, I have google alerts.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:24 AM

Um, eenerms and lumpy...

If:

a.) not one but two Dopers have looked into what you're talking about, and found nothing, and

b.) I google the phrase "finally Hillary Clinton is being held accountable for the Benghazi debacle", and found nothing, then, uh, yeah - this is some mighty obscure shit.

So yeah - NOT all over the news. (heh - Fox, maybe?). I'm guessing these google alerts of yours, eenerms, are from Breitbart back in the day?

Yeah usually not a pit thing, but cite, or continue getting at.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
Um, eenerms and lumpy...

If:

a.) not one but two Dopers have looked into what you're talking about, and found nothing, and

b.) I google the phrase "finally Hillary Clinton is being held accountable for the Benghazi debacle", and found nothing, then, uh, yeah - this is some mighty obscure shit.

So yeah - NOT all over the news. (heh - Fox, maybe?). I'm guessing these google alerts of yours, eenerms, are from Breitbart back in the day?

Yeah usually not a pit thing, but cite, or continue getting at.
Look at CNN March 2 2020..
Old 03-08-2020, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Look at CNN March 2 2020..
It would be helpful if you would post a link.

On the other hand, never mind. I don't think this is real.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:31 PM

I'll oblige.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/02/hill...dge-rules.html

Note I didn't find this on my own. Lumpy helpfully told me what to search for.

This lawsuit was brought by a private organization, Judicial Watch, not the DOJ, so nothing might come of it. That's probably also why it got so little publicity.

Last edited by cochrane; 03-08-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:57 PM

And this has nothing to do with Benghazi itself. It has to do with the private email server that people found out about while they were investigating Benghazi, roughly the equivalent of getting a search warrant because someone was suspected in an armed robbery, and finding some weed. You're not likely to get any Benghazi closure out of this.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

Tomorrow is going to be a very bad week.

Stock futures down 900. Price of oil collapsing by 20%. The $VIX at $46 and expected to go higher.

To quote:

Quote:
Let’s take the longest and slowest recovery business cycle & the most indebted global economy, use cheap money to jam markets to the highest market cap to GDP valuations ever and then shut down the global supply chain and then let’s see what happens with central bankers having the least ammunition available in any cycle.
Hillary Clinton's email server? Who even has the fuckin time to relitigate 2012? Oh, yeah: hate filled idiots and stupid Republicans. Oh, wait, did I repeat myself?

Last edited by JohnT; 03-08-2020 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Tomorrow is going to be a very bad week.

Stock futures down 900. Price of oil collapsing by 20%. The $VIX at $46 and expected to go higher.

To quote:

Hillary Clinton's email server? Who even has the fuckin time to relitigate 2012? Oh, yeah: hate filled idiots and stupid Republicans. Oh, wait, did I repeat myself?

Plus wasn't someone involved intimately with Trump also mucking around with government-related E-mail on their private server?
Old 03-08-2020, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Yes, Ivanka.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:39 AM
Charter Member

Stupid virus..closed all the Pubs in Florence, Italy. If they serve food you have to be a meter away!
Old 03-09-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Yes, Ivanka.
Crooked Ivanka!
Old 03-09-2020, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Crooked Ivanka!

Lock her up!
Old 03-09-2020, 09:36 PM

I picked the wrong week to run out of toilet paper. Dammit.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefton View Post
I picked the wrong week to run out of toilet paper. Dammit.
No problem here. TP and paper towels are two things that appear to be high-margin items that are frequently on deep-discount sales, so when my favorite brand of either is on sale, I tend to buy vast quantities!
Old 03-13-2020, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Holy shit, I love you youngest grandson, but if you do not stop licking me...

He is eight going on four*, and in a super nasty, gross kid phase right now. The timing could not be worse for him to feel the need to spread his bodily fluids everywhere. I warned his interpreter at school today that he was in a mood so they could be prepared.

I might have kept him home, but we were on the way into school when he did it.

*development delays and limited communication skills due to late diagnosis of hearing issues

Last edited by stretch; 03-13-2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: comma usage, which is still wrong somehow
Old 03-13-2020, 09:07 PM
Charter Member

I am currently having an argument with a woman online she says that the coronavirus kills only old people and the flu kills everyone so we shouldn't be worried. I've corrected her and she's accused me of only agreeing with her, and now she's accusing me of arguing to argue.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:19 PM

Accept the simple fact that some people are just plain stupid.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:39 AM

Having a very rough week. I don't know if it's just exhaustion, some kind of flare-up, or if this is my new normal. I still don't have a diagnosis and my appointment with the neurologist is not for another six weeks. Yes, I've called my doctor and yes, they've tried to get it moved up- no dice.

I've been essentially bedridden. I can get to the bathroom (but usually not without falling at least once. My poor knees are all banged up), but the kitchen is a whole different ball of wax. I'm not strong enough to hold myself up anymore and my balance and stamina are just in the toilet. When I do get up- like literally get to my feet with my crutches, not "get up" as in "go to the bank and stop at Target"- it often takes so much effort that I then don't have the energy to continue standing and fall right back down. I can't go get myself something to eat or drink, I can't properly take care of my cats, I can't go deal with my family, and I can't go to work. I do have a friend who brought me some snacks today, so I now have granola bars within reach, at least. The doc says going to the ER would probably be an extremely expensive waste of time because it's not an emergency and I have an appointment and they'll be much too busy with Coronavirus stuff and probably won't be able to do anything for me, soooooo... that's that, then.

So. However much you might imagine that this sucks, it sucks more than that. And staying in bed watching hours and hours of TV might sound relaxing, but things don't stop happening around you because you aren't able to deal with them. It's not like the world stops and your job no longer needs to be done and your bills no longer need to be paid and your house no longer needs to be cleaned and your family puts their crises on pause. Instead, it all just kind of spirals out of control while all you can do is watch helplessly.

Anyway, six more weeks til the appointment with the neurologist, which I don't think is going to be the magical turning point I (and everyone who has to deal with me) would hope for. In the meantime? I have no idea.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:59 AM

Easily distracted by everything Coronavirus.

So I made blueberry quick bread. After I put it in the oven I realize I forgot the melted butter, still sitting on the stove. So I took it out and mixed in the butter and put it back in the oven.

After 20 minutes it's still rather dense. Yep. Forgot the baking soda and baking powder. Need to go back getting out all the ingredrients before starting a recipe.

I guess I'll see if I can slice it thin and make weird biscotti or something.