Old 07-13-2019, 12:03 PM

YouTube's new terms and conditions

A while ago, I received a notification about the update of YouTube's terms and conditions (for European users only). The notification also contained a link to the document/text on YouTube, explaining the changes. But that was it. There was no agreement option, no "Yes" or "No" button to click. Basically, no option to confirm that I am OK with the changes. It did say to go to www.youtube.com if I agreed with the update: "In order to accept the changes, go to www.youtube.com". I did that, but found no additional notifications or options there. I usually use YouTube on my phone, so I switched to the desktop version and repeated the process. Same thing. (And yes, I was logged in, of course.)

Is that really it? If you agree with the new terms and conditions, just continue using YouTube? No need to fill out some sort of form or click "Yes" somewhere? Just asking. I'm worried that I may be doing something wrong. The notification said the changes will be implemented on July 22nd.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Do you have a copy of it?
I'm guessing there's a clause in that says something along the lines of 'by visiting youtube . com, you are consenting to the new TOS'.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:12 AM

Yeah TOC of most sites just effectively say "That's how it is now, if you keep using the site you agree." With a Yes or No button it would have to be proven who actually pushed the button, and what else could they do with a No button other than show you a dead-end page from then on?