Old 05-22-2019, 04:09 PM

Is it Possible To Disguise Yourself From A Person Who Knows You Well?

Does anyone think it's possible for one to disguise one's self so that a person, who knows you well, wouldn't recognize you during an interaction? And would it also be possible to have multiple interactions over a sustained period of time with this person without them ever knowing who you really are?

To answer this question, we need to address a few things.

"Someone who knows you well" is subjective. What would you consider someone knowing you well? Someone you've known for 6 months, years, etc. What if you stopped seeing this person for a few months, would they still be able to recognize you if you had a well enough disguise?

I realize that alot would be invovled in making this happen, you would have to change your voice, demeanor, gait, movement, etc to really pull something like this off.

But if you cant change your facial appearance, then all of that doesn't really matter. How effective would something like a facial prosthetic like a nose or a chin be in disguising yourself?

Think Mrs Doubtfire. That exact scenario, I realize it's a movie. But it describes exactly what I'm talking about.

Opinions?
Old 05-22-2019, 04:10 PM

Yes
Old 05-22-2019, 04:11 PM

I have know knowledge on the subject, but I find myself really really hoping to hear from people with practical, first-hand experience as either fooler or fooled. With details!
Old 05-22-2019, 04:26 PM

God, how I wish that was possible. Mr.Wrekker knows or is related to everyone. They seek me out like a heat seeking missile, wherever I go. It's very awkward, for me.
IMO, you usually cannot.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:28 PM
Voodoo Adult (Slight Return)
Charter Member

For a subset of all possible solutions to this problem, Mythbusters found that full-head masks don't work up close.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneadToKnow View Post
For a subset of all possible solutions to this problem, Mythbusters found that full-head masks don't work up close.
Right, they used those full on silicone masks. I'm talking more of using facial prosthetics instead.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:46 PM

Yes.

This story always blows my mind. http://https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/20/gayle-newland-jailed-for-tricking-female-friend-into-sex
Old 05-22-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
IMO, you usually cannot.
Out of curiosity, why not?
Old 05-22-2019, 04:50 PM

In college I sat next to a guy with a ZZ Top style beard and long hair. One day I came in and there was a clean-shaven, short-haired guy sitting in the chair. I asked him who he was as I no idea and I figured my friend would be along shortly to sit in his usual spot.

How long I would have been confused if he didn't tell me I don't know, but he sure as hell wasn't recognizable anymore.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRangerRich View Post
That's wild. While it's pretty elaborate, there's one caveat,

"The jury heard that the complainant not only wore the blindfold during sex but also for at least 100 hours when the pair were just hanging out – going for drives, sunbathing and even “watching” films together."

Of course if you can't see the person's face, then you won't be able to recognize them. I don't know if this story really counts.

Last edited by shadowmyst87; 05-22-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:58 PM

My father, for basically my entire life, has had a moustache. Well about 30 years or so ago, upon finding out that he was going to be meeting up with his sister and BIL in DC, my father decided to have a little fun.

He shaved off his 'stache right before leaving for D.C. to meet them. He just had to pick me and my sister up from school and take us home first. In hindsight i believe he did this as a "practice run" of sorts, to see how shocking his new appearance was.

Well, it worked on us kids. My sister started fucking bawling and screaming and i refused to leave with this man claiming to be my dad. I dont think he was expecting it to work *so* well, because it took him the better part of 10 minutes to calm us down and convince us he was really Dad. He looked SO fucking weird and different!

Anyway, my father says the look on his sister's face was priceless when he met them in the D.C. restaurant. She was just staring a confused stare as he approached their table and when he got right up in front of them, she just continued to stare in awkward silence for at least a minute. Finally, "John??" "Is that John?" At that point my dad couldnt hold back any longer and just burst out laughing. He had lived so much of his life donning a big, bushy moustache that just about everyone who'd ever known him knew him that one way. So he fooled some of the closest people to him, simply by shaving his 'stache.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

I worked with a local guy on numerous occasions occasionally for 20 years, with frequent personal interactions, including personal interviews of and by him, and sharing committee membership. I would say we know each other pretty well.

A few months ago, I began to grow a beard for no reason. At a funeral for a mutual friend, he sat directly one row behind me for the entire event and watched me standing up behind the video camera the entire time. After it was over, he leaned over the pew and said, "You look familiar, but I don't know your name."

And his wife, who could be excused as I didn't see her as often, said she didn't know who I was, either.

So an unintentional disguise worked better than I planned. However, the age of both was 80-90, so maybe that was a factor.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:34 PM

I'm partly faceblind. If we're going primarily by faces, it's really easy to fool me.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
I'm partly faceblind. If we're going primarily by faces, it's really easy to fool me.
Me too. There have been times where people I've known for a while have made a simple change like dyed their hair, or shaved off a beard, and I didn't recognize them.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:17 PM

Long ago, my aunt and her husband spotted her cousin across the room at a bar. The husband walked over, chit-chatted and asked her to dance. After a minute or two he asked, "You don't recognize me, do you?"

"No, you must not have been very good."

He walked her over to his waiting wife. Oops.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:31 PM

So it seems like it's entirely possible. But I wonder how doable it actually is to pull off.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
He had lived so much of his life donning a big, bushy moustache that just about everyone who'd ever known him knew him that one way. So he fooled some of the closest people to him, simply by shaving his 'stache.
I know someone like that. His moustache is so large and distinctive, I don't think I could recognize him without it. I once spotted him on TV in the crowd at a baseball game based on that moustache, which I confirmed by a phonecall to his daughter.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
I know someone like that. His moustache is so large and distinctive, I don't think I could recognize him without it. I once spotted him on TV in the crowd at a baseball game based on that moustache, which I confirmed by a phonecall to his daughter.
The person who I've been thinking of pulling this disguise prank on has only ever seen me with a trimmed beard for the last 5 months, never clean shaven. And 90% of the time wearing a hat since I've been experiencing male pattern baldness.

I wonder if shaving my beard entirely and having one of those realistic looking hair systems installed would be enough. Maybe perhaps throw in some fake eyeglasses and color changing contacts?. There's something about distinct characteristics of people that allow us to recognize ones we know. What is it for some of you? Eyes, mouth, nose? Somebody today told me that all they needed to hear was my voice to recognize me.

Last edited by shadowmyst87; 05-22-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
In college I sat next to a guy with a ZZ Top style beard and long hair. One day I came in and there was a clean-shaven, short-haired guy sitting in the chair. I asked him who he was as I no idea and I figured my friend would be along shortly to sit in his usual spot.

How long I would have been confused if he didn't tell me I don't know, but he sure as hell wasn't recognizable anymore.
I had a similar experience with a good friend in college. He had a heavy beard and mustache. We were supposed to meet in the library and I walked right by him because he'd shaved. I didn't recognize him at all--he said my name and then seeing my blank look told me who he was.

A friend was married to a man who was almost completely bald; after 6 years he decided to get a wig/hairpiece and went shopping for it with my friend's younger sister. They came home to a family dinner with him wearing the hairpiece and thought that they'd have some fun, so the younger sister introduced him as a friend of hers, giving him a fake name, and they sat down and ate. His wife and in-laws didn't recognize him for 15 minutes or so. In fact it wasn't his wife who spotted him; it was one of her brothers who realized who it was.

Last edited by gkster; 05-23-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:32 AM

Sometimes you don't even have to wear a disguise or really change your appearance beyond clothes and context. Happened to me in the army enough, both ways. You spend everyday working with someone, eating next to each other, getting to know each others family through
stories, sometimes sharing a two man tent. First time you see each other in civilian clothes at the grocery store you exchange looks of puzzled and vague recognition
Old 05-23-2019, 01:35 AM

I used to go in disguise as a kind of art or pastime. In fact, I went to my high school graduation in disguise, as a "member of the community" -- a beach bum type, with long hair (wig), short mustache, sunglasses. (I made the mustache with this technique.) Only one person recognized me, but I'd let him know beforehand that I would be there in disguise. I sat next to my math teacher in the general public seating, and made a few wise-ass comments during the ceremony, in a deepened voice. Then, at the end, I said, "Yeah--I coulda been in there, too, but what the hell. You had a great class, Ms. ____________)," in my normal voice, she looked at me, and just started cracking up.

On another instance, I went to a cafe where I knew some friends would be, disguised as a "foreign scholar" type, and sat a table next to and directly facing them, hearing everything they said. They never recognized me. However, some of the same friends did recognize me once going by in the same disguise later, and they said (after thinking about it for a while ), that it was because they recognized how I walked.

So that was a big lesson for me in disguises -- it's not just how you look, but your mannerism, too, that can give you away.

Also, it has everything to do with context. If you're in disguise but in a context in which people never see you, they are much less likely to recognize. I lot of the ways in which we recognize people and objects is by way of the total context in which we have always known them. (ETA: IOW, kind of what DorkVader said about being out of uniform off base.)

Last edited by guizot; 05-23-2019 at 01:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:03 AM

I worked night security on campus while going to school. I would have interactions with people such as the cashiers at 7-11 but if I approached them when I wasn’t wearing a uniform they would often have a blank look.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:04 AM

French TV presenter Patrick Sébastien did just that in 1992, tricking several colleagues and famous people into believing that he was a particularly rude and/or clueless fan. Although he was already very famous at the time, had worked with some of them for years and was almost literally in their face, none recognized him.

Here's one of the reveals (at 2:15)
Et d’où ma vie s’égoutte au moindre mouvement

Last edited by Les Espaces Du Sommeil; 05-23-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:43 AM

I've had a beard, moustache and glasses for decades.

If I shaved, wore contacts and dyed my hair, I expect I could fool close friends.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:40 AM

I haven't had a full head of hair since I was 22. And my beard I just shaved off last week. This person that I'm trying to fool has never seen me without it. I don't know if I can disguise myself long enough to last several interactions over the course of a few weeks though.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
My father, for basically my entire life, has had a moustache. Well about 30 years or so ago, upon finding out that he was going to be meeting up with his sister and BIL in DC, my father decided to have a little fun.

He shaved off his 'stache right before leaving for D.C. to meet them. He just had to pick me and my sister up from school and take us home first. In hindsight i believe he did this as a "practice run" of sorts, to see how shocking his new appearance was.

Well, it worked on us kids. My sister started fucking bawling and screaming and i refused to leave with this man claiming to be my dad. I dont think he was expecting it to work *so* well, because it took him the better part of 10 minutes to calm us down and convince us he was really Dad. He looked SO fucking weird and different!

Anyway, my father says the look on his sister's face was priceless when he met them in the D.C. restaurant. She was just staring a confused stare as he approached their table and when he got right up in front of them, she just continued to stare in awkward silence for at least a minute. Finally, "John??" "Is that John?" At that point my dad couldnt hold back any longer and just burst out laughing. He had lived so much of his life donning a big, bushy moustache that just about everyone who'd ever known him knew him that one way. So he fooled some of the closest people to him, simply by shaving his 'stache.
As a sort of counterpoint to this story: my brother had a moustache since before he was married. A few years ago he decided to shave it off. His younger daughter, who was in her early teens, told her older sister, who was about 19 or 20, "Dad shaved off his moustache!"

Older daughter replied, "Dad had a moustache?"
Old 05-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Two anecdotes:

1. I go to a Renaissance Faire yearly, on consecutive weekends. I know, and am good friends with, some of the folks there. Once, I met a person I only know from Faire in the real world. As he was dressed normally, with no hat and speaking normally, I could not recognize a person I'd known for 20 years.

2. Our office had a "disco" themed holiday party. A guy I've worked with for 15 years, who is normally bald, wore a greaser wig with sideburns. Could NOT recognize him at all.

So yes, it can be quite, quite easy to disguise yourself.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmyst87 View Post
I haven't had a full head of hair since I was 22. And my beard I just shaved off last week. This person that I'm trying to fool has never seen me without it. I don't know if I can disguise myself long enough to last several interactions over the course of a few weeks though.
You want to fool someone about who you are for several weeks? Why? I don't know the circumstances, of course, and perhaps they are entirely innocent, but offhand I gotta say I'd most likely be pretty pissed off at someone if they did that to me.

As to the feasibility of it, though - think Andy Kaufman/Tony Clifton. Of course the Tony character was quite over-the-top (and played by more than one person), but there were definitely people who worked with Tony having no idea it was Andy.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairoCarol View Post
You want to fool someone about who you are for several weeks? Why? I don't know the circumstances, of course, and perhaps they are entirely innocent, but offhand I gotta say I'd most likely be pretty pissed off at someone if they did that to me.

As to the feasibility of it, though - think Andy Kaufman/Tony Clifton. Of course the Tony character was quite over-the-top (and played by more than one person), but there were definitely people who worked with Tony having no idea it was Andy.
It's a long story, hahaha. Yeah it's an innocent prank, no harm done.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelq View Post
Two anecdotes:

1. I go to a Renaissance Faire yearly, on consecutive weekends. I know, and am good friends with, some of the folks there. Once, I met a person I only know from Faire in the real world. As he was dressed normally, with no hat and speaking normally, I could not recognize a person I'd known for 20 years.

2. Our office had a "disco" themed holiday party. A guy I've worked with for 15 years, who is normally bald, wore a greaser wig with sideburns. Could NOT recognize him at all.

So yes, it can be quite, quite easy to disguise yourself.
That's crazy, I would think it would take alot more to disguise yourself from someone that knows besides just wearing a wig.

I guess it depends on the person doing the recognizing and how aware they are? Did you get up close to him enough that you could see his face clearly?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:01 PM

Speaking of facial hair, I knew a guy at work ages ago who had a beard and mustache. One day he shaved just the beard. He said the next day in his office one of the ladies kept staring at him, and finally said: "Oh, I get it. You grew a mustache."

Going strictly by appearance, I think you could fool people. How I recognize people a lot, though, is by voice. Often, I've recognized an actor in a part by their voice...even though they were in heavy makeup or otherwise visually unrecognizable.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrps View Post
Speaking of facial hair, I knew a guy at work ages ago who had a beard and mustache. One day he shaved just the beard. He said the next day in his office one of the ladies kept staring at him, and finally said: "Oh, I get it. You grew a mustache."

Going strictly by appearance, I think you could fool people. How I recognize people a lot, though, is by voice. Often, I've recognized an actor in a part by their voice...even though they were in heavy makeup or otherwise visually unrecognizable.
Going by just appearance alone, the problem with that is that people can remember faces. Atleast most can anyways. So if you really wanted to fool someone, you would have to alter your face in some way, there aren't too many options available for changing your face besides surgery. There's facial prosthetics such as foam latex noses, chins, etc. I don't know how believable they are, especially at close range.

But, if you shaved your all your facial hair off, put some hair on your head, wore some eye color changing contacts, threw on some fake eyeglasses and maybe used a facial prosthetic. You might be able to get away with it, notwithstanding changing your voice and overall mannerism.

The person I want to pull this prank on has only ever seen me with a full on trimmed mustache/beard. Never clean shaven, and usually wearing a hat because I'm rather self conscious about my advanced balding...

Last edited by shadowmyst87; 05-23-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
It's a long story, hahaha. Yeah it's an innocent prank, no harm done.
A long story's fine. We ain't goin' anywhere.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
A long story's fine. We ain't goin' anywhere.
This person that I've known for a few months likes to play practical jokes alot. Some of them are harsh. I really want to pull this off on him. He hasn't seen me in two months so that might be to my advantage.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Seven or eight years ago, I shaved off my full beard and moustache, which I'd had for 20 years, just to see what I looked like without them these days. (I let them grow back after about a month.)

Some people still recognized me immediately, and some walked right on by without a clue that it was me. Different people clearly key in on different parts of one's appearance.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

I think the hard part would be disguising your voice. Also changing your gait, which is how one can recognize people from a distance.

Good thing I don't have anything distinctive that allows people to recognize me.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:00 PM

I think I could pull it off. And yet, I'm biased enough to think someone I'm very close to (wife, parents, siblings) would not be able to fool me.

Quote:
"The jury heard that the complainant not only wore the blindfold during sex but also for at least 100 hours when the pair were just hanging out – going for drives, sunbathing and even “watching” films together."
Ok, this is just absurd. Let's watch a movie together. But, uhh, can you keep that blindfold on?
Old 05-24-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkis is Willin' View Post
I think I could pull it off. And yet, I'm biased enough to think someone I'm very close to (wife, parents, siblings) would not be able to fool me.
How would you pull it off though, especially up close and during a conversation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I think the hard part would be disguising your voice. Also changing your gait, which is how one can recognize people from a distance.
ood thing I don't have anything distinctive that allows people to recognize me.
There's alot of techniques online for changing your voice, or at the very least altering it to a degree. But I still think the biggest factor is facial appearance, if you can't change that then nothing else really matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Different people clearly key in on different parts of one's appearance.
Exactly. I wonder what features people hone in on when recognizing someone.

Last edited by shadowmyst87; 05-24-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:12 PM

I haven't shaved in 54 years. If I shaved, added a hairpiece, and contacts, I suspect more than a few people I know would not recognize me. Especially people who last saw me when I weighed 80 pounds more (although that started changing 20 years ago).

I think my kids would be stunned, but I don't think I could fool them.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Of course if you can't see the person's face, then you won't be able to recognize them. I don't know if this story really counts.
I have plenty of experience recognizing people by the combinations of body shape, voice, the way they move, etc despite it being so dark I couldn't see their face. It was called being in the Army. It's nowhere near perfect but you'd be surprised how much you give away to someone who knows you even without them being able to see your face clearly.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Good thing I don't have anything distinctive that allows people to recognize me.
I like what you did there.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:01 PM

Disguise yourself from a person who knows you well? Probably not. There’s not just appearance, but voice, stance, gait, mannerisms, etc. that would often give it away even with an otherwise foolproof disguise; and masks and such are not particularly convincing up close. If you can recognize someone from the sound of their footsteps, or as an earlier poster mentioned by the way they move and the sounds they make even at night when you can’t see any details, I think it would be really, really hard to convince someone who knows you at all well that you’re someone else entirely.

I’m shit with names*, but remember everything else about people well. I often remember people I’ve only met a couple of times well enough to recognize them months or in some cases years later. I pick up on changes in appearance almost immediately, and can recognize someone I know in a crowd from behind just by the way they walk.

But there are things like Billy Tipton hiding his birth sex from the people around him, and audience members being shocked at the reveal in this movie that make me think that maybe I’m the minority here.

Flipping genders is about the most comprehensive transformation a person can do, and one glance at a picture of Billy, and about 5 seconds after seeing Dil, I knew what apparently eluded some people for decades in one case, and over an hour in another. To me, it’s blindingly obvious once anyone is within spitting distance of puberty — no matter what they present and identify as — what sex body they got stuck in. I first saw Haruna Ai on a variety show panel with a bunch of other non-transgender guests, (they never made any mention of her status during the show) and it took me only a few seconds to confirm with my Japanese wife, “She used to be a dude, right?” She won the biggest transgender beauty contest in Thailand, and apparently has been presenting as female since she was a pre-teen, so it’s not like she’s unconvincing. I’ll treat anyone as whatever gender they prefer to present, but I recognize sex characteristics right away. IMO, you’ve got to be into Buck Angel territory before it would take more than a few seconds.

So, hellifIknow what most people can recognize about other people they know. Maybe a disguise I see through almost instantly would be totally convincing to a person’s friends and family. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

* To the point where I literally blanked on the name of a girl I’d been dating for a couple of weeks when I ran into a friend of mine and was socially obligated to introduce her to him. She forgave me … eventually.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleel View Post
Disguise yourself from a person who knows you well? Probably not. There’s not just appearance, but voice, stance, gait, mannerisms, etc. that would often give it away even with an otherwise foolproof disguise; and masks and such are not particularly convincing up close. If you can recognize someone from the sound of their footsteps, or as an earlier poster mentioned by the way they move and the sounds they make even at night when you can’t see any details, I think it would be really, really hard to convince someone who knows you at all well that you’re someone else entirely.
It's not impossible, it would just take alot of forethought and practice. Like I've mentioned before a few times, "a person who knows you well" is subjective. It might be alot more difficult to fool someone who's known you your entire life vs someone who's only known you for a few months. It also depends on the person doing the recognizing and how aware they are.

http://www.just-health.net/How-to-Ch...our-Voice.html

https://www.wikihow.com/Disguise-Yourself

https://thesecretyumiverse.wonderhow...ecret-0133488/

Last edited by shadowmyst87; 05-24-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:09 PM

I also wouldn't bother with masks either. I would however consider a facial prosthetic like a nose or a chin, if it's done well and blended in and combined with a pair of glasses and eye color changing contacts, it could be very convincing. They also now makes realistic looking temporary tattoos that are of excellent quality and don't wash of easily. This definitely throw someone off who wouldn't be expecting someone they know to have a tattoo.

Consider this study that was done,

It takes very little to successfully disguise yourself

Last edited by shadowmyst87; 05-24-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:39 AM

Lifts in your shoes to make you walk different and give you a different height. And "Potato" tattooed upside down on your arm to distract them.

Context is everything. Context and dishonesty. The two main points are context, dishonesty, and appearance...

You have difficulty recognizing people out of context. (But some people are very good at it anyway. And most people just believe what they are told: we don't expect lies. And we learn how to recognize people by their distinctive features: if you go to a very foreign country, you can expect to find that everybody looks the same to you. Personally, I look at noses: around here, there are a lot of different noses.

Last edited by Melbourne; 05-25-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:50 AM

When I was younger, I worked for two years with a guy who had a GF who attended art school. She wore bulky clothes, had long straight hair, and a bit of acne. I saw her every day when she picked my friend up from work and we were often visiting at their apartment.

One year we had a Halloween party and I kept trying to make conversation with this woman who was wearing a Playboy bunny outfit. She had an absolutely incredible figure, great hair, and was wearing a small domino mask. Yup...it took someone else to mention that it was my co-worker's GF. She had styled her hair nicely and the domino covered quite a bit of her acne. Of course, I had no idea that she had that kind of figure, either. Those three changes made her totally unrecognizable to me. (Fortunately, I found out before I made a fool of myself.)

Last edited by ZonexandScout; 05-25-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
...Also changing your gait, which is how one can recognize people from a distance...
I remember reading that you should pit a pebble in your shoe (to disrupt your normal gait).
Old 05-25-2019, 09:18 AM

Sit in a wheelchair, hang your head and make no eye contact. Few people will recognize you.
Do you know a child in need?
Old 05-25-2019, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

A couple of weeks ago, I followed Mrs. L.A. to the Toyota dealer, where she was having a factory recall addressed. She got out of her car and was met by someone in the Service area. I walked up behind her. Later, she said that she hadn't recognised me. I've lost 70 pounds in the last year and a half. Even though she's seen my transformation, she seldom leaves the house. Apparently, she was unused to seeing me in unfamiliar surroundings; especially since I came from behind her and she'd first seen my out of the corner of her eye.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairoCarol View Post

I'm sure its innocent... but... I had the same reaction. This seems a little bit over the line. If 'stalkerish' was a real word... yeah but it's not.