Old 05-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink View Post
I don't know for sure, but it may be about the tension between McCartney and Harrison in the studio. From All The Songs: The Story Behind Every Beatles Release:and (describing the recording of the song "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"):
And here's Paul, looking back on those years (quoted in Conversations with McCartney):
Thanks for this. It confirms most of the reading I did online yesterday about Paul's studio perfectionism wreaking all kinds of havoc in the group. I guess I'm inclined to forgive him for this to a certain extent, as opposed to the idea that he was just an all-around jerk.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Dickie Smothers used to race Formula One cars. I find that a lot weirder that the paranormal woo crap.
Dick Smothers drove some sports car races in the 60's and 70's. Never F-1. I saw him at Sebring in '69 and he and his co driver finished top 10 in a Porsche. Not bad.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimfromNapa View Post
John Lennon - Insufferably egotistical asshole, child neglecter (the first one anyway), and occasional wife beater
Paul Simon - Egotistical douche bag
Cynthia said John slapped her once before they were married. I don't think that qualifies "occasional wife beater"... Paul was a shit, but also a thief (Graceland) when he needed a hit. So he goes to apartheid SF! Steals from Los Lobos and a country! And I still think the album sucks. How awful to hear african drumming with an added programmed computer keyboard fake snare drum noise to sound modern - how African of him!

Last edited by MortSahlFan; 05-18-2019 at 02:37 PM.