Old 12-04-2018, 12:50 AM

Wow, two-parter. I did not expect this. I guess this is their counter-programming for not being included in the big crossover. It takes three shows to come together to mess up reality, while this show can mess up reality all on its own.

Constantine really, really messed up reality, Barry Allen-style. No, even worse than Barry, if previews for next week are any indication. Zari's a cat. Sara's a puppet. And Gideon has a body.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus Est View Post
Wow, two-parter. I did not expect this. I guess this is their counter-programming for not being included in the big crossover. It takes three shows to come together to mess up reality, while this show can mess up reality all on its own.

Constantine really, really messed up reality, Barry Allen-style. No, even worse than Barry, if previews for next week are any indication. Zari's a cat. Sara's a puppet. And Gideon has a body.
Next week is the mid season finale before the show returns in April

I expect that this will be the last major episode for Constantine before he goes full Rip and gets booted off the ship. Zari gets MVP for this episode, I find her lighting up Charlie for not being able to regenerate and has to live a normal lifespan to be the most expressive exchange she has had since joining.

The rest of the episode had its moments , but I found that I had to fast forward through about half of the show. Not interested in the Constantine romance angle and the amount of time it occupied. Nothing really much happened this episode that wont be retread next week, so you can skip this ep and not miss anything.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:18 PM

Of all the Arrowverse shows, this is the most entertaining to me. It is the one that treats itself the least serious and they are clearly having fun at this point with the show. The Flash all too often relies on the Heroes being dumb and Supergirl lovers to angst out. I never can get into the Arrow. Don't watch that one.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Exit? View Post
Of all the Arrowverse shows, this is the most entertaining to me. It is the one that treats itself the least serious and they are clearly having fun at this point with the show. The Flash all too often relies on the Heroes being dumb and Supergirl lovers to angst out. I never can get into the Arrow. Don't watch that one.
I think supergirl is only getting by on the soap opera ish elements of the show. Have not caught up on Flash or Arrow and only partiallly through Black Lightning S1. But wait there is more, Bat gurrrl is coming wonder how thats going to go, is she going to out angst Supes.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Constantine really, really messed up reality, Barry Allen-style.
You'd figure that as someone who is big on drilling home that magic has a cost, he'd be able to grasp that time travel is the same way.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I expect that this will be the last major episode for Constantine before he goes full Rip and gets booted off the ship.
[...]
Not interested in the Constantine romance angle and the amount of time it occupied.
But it turns out the romance was pretty fundamental to why Constantine did what he did. And now that he's screwed up, big time, he can be counted as a full Legend.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:50 PM

The Big Three shows are getting all the attention due to the crossover, but the Legends don't give a crap. Check out this preview for the mid-season finale: https://youtu.be/q3V09-CYbcg
Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 PM

S04E08: Legends of To-Meow-Meow

In the craziness of the crossover, I missed posting the preview and episode summary. Here it is along with my reaction.

Legends of To-Meow-Meow promo: https://youtu.be/L519tUW9Yg0

IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO - After Constantine breaks the cardinal Legend rule, you can't change the past, he, along with Charlie and Zari try to deal with the ramifications without telling the rest of the Legends. Even though Zari encourages them to just fix the problem, Constantine and Charlie are determined to find another way, but only continue to make things worse.

So that was much crazier than I had any right to expect. The all-male Custodians of the Chronology. The all-female Sirens of Space-Time. The all- (well, mostly-) puppet DC's Puppets of Tomorrow. Time got reset but it still advance both John and Charlie's character arcs. After screwing up so many times, they're full Legends now.

Last edited by Terminus Est; 12-10-2018 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Charlie, not Zari. Although the latter also got some character growth.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Charter Member

I liked the "Timey-Wimey" reference. Gideon as "Hard Drive". As mentioned in the other thread:
Gideon: You missed calls from Barry Allen, Oliver Queen, and Kara Zor-El.
Ray: Sounds like the annual crossover.
Nate: Hard pass.

Brian
Old 12-15-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
In the craziness of the crossover, I missed posting the preview and episode summary. Here it is along with my reaction.

Legends of To-Meow-Meow promo: https://youtu.be/L519tUW9Yg0

IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO - After Constantine breaks the cardinal Legend rule, you can't change the past, he, along with Charlie and Zari try to deal with the ramifications without telling the rest of the Legends. Even though Zari encourages them to just fix the problem, Constantine and Charlie are determined to find another way, but only continue to make things worse.

So that was much crazier than I had any right to expect. The all-male Custodians of the Chronology. The all-female Sirens of Space-Time. The all- (well, mostly-) puppet DC's Puppets of Tomorrow. Time got reset but it still advance both John and Charlie's character arcs. After screwing up so many times, they're full Legends now.
Yeah, I got a huge kick out of this episode: Rory and the Fairy Godmother working together, "Ray-mbo" Palmer, and all the rest of the fun.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9IWP View Post
I liked the "Timey-Wimey" reference. Gideon as "Hard Drive". As mentioned in the other thread:
Gideon: You missed calls from Barry Allen, Oliver Queen, and Kara Zor-El.
Ray: Sounds like the annual crossover.
Nate: Hard pass.

Brian
And overheard as the camera went into the hallway:

I bet they exchange costumes this year.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
And overheard as the camera went into the hallway:

I bet they exchange costumes this year.
That was great.

So how injured do you think Mona ended up? (little disappointed we didn't get back to that).
Old 02-01-2019, 09:50 PM

LoT renewed (also rest of Arrowverse)

About halfway through this ultra-long hiatus. At least we now know that the CW has renewed Legends of Tomorrow for its fifth season, as well as all the other Arrowverse shows. As if there was any doubt since they did promise us "Crisis on Infinite Earths" as next year's crossover.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/31/the-cw-renews-10-shows/

Is it April yet?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 PM

Legends returns April 1

Praise Beebo! The show finally returns from hiatus, rather fittingly, on April Fools' Day.

Midseason sizzle: https://youtu.be/qpc2NNpvC8U
Old 04-01-2019, 07:29 AM

S04E09: Luca de Apuestas

Luca de Apuestas promo : https://youtu.be/UJpvBA4o0k8
Luca de Apuestas scene: https://youtu.be/xM3Uu-mixZU

BELIEVE IT OR NOT - When the Legends hear that Mona has let a fugitive go, they must head to 1961 Mexico City to clean up her mess. Mona tries to convince the Legends and the Bureau that the people responsible for releasing the fugitive were some mysterious Men in Black and not her. With no evidence to back up her theory, the Legends must decide if they should trust her and go against the Bureau. Meanwhile, Nate and Zari go on a recon mission to find out what Hank (guest star Tom Wilson) might be hiding from everyone.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:52 PM

Lots of fun. Konane deserves some credit - for all that he's described as not following the usual practices in the wrestling ring, he apparently has been fighting for six months without killing anyone (or causing permanent injury).
Old 04-02-2019, 01:26 AM

As midseason premieres go, this one was kind of weak. The actress playing Mona really isn't good enough to carry the lead. And now Mona is some sort of lycanthrope? That doesn't bode well as a plot development. Neither is the apparent breakup of AvaLance.

The episode still had some good moments. Great callback to Gary's missing nipple as well as Rory's nom de plume. Ava and Sara's lover's quarrel while dancing the tango. Perhaps the most surprising thing is the revelation that Constantine is a fan of Mexican lucha libre. The wrestling itself was also fun as was the climactic brawl.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:45 AM

S04E10: The Getaway

The Getaway promo: https://youtu.be/-8wl65UgjtQ
It's Showtime trailer: https://youtu.be/BH6ZlDokDpw

WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH? - When Hank (guest star Tom Wilson) commandeers the Waverider in 1973, the Legends find themselves on the run in an RV after kidnapping the President who is only able to tell the truth. With the help of Constantine, they discover the reason that none of them can lie making for an uncomfortable family road trip. Meanwhile, Nate and Zari, with the help of Nora and Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman), work together to find out what Hank is really up to.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
As midseason premieres go, this one was kind of weak. The actress playing Mona really isn't good enough to carry the lead. And now Mona is some sort of lycanthrope?
If it's like everyone else's superpowers, we'll probably see three more times.

I hope they find a way to bring back Charlie's shapeshifting powers. It's fun and it's cheap (other than paying other actors). Right now I'm not sure what she brings to the team. And if Maisie Richardson-Sellers ever wants to leave the show, they can replace her Doctor Who style.

Last edited by enalzi; 04-08-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:22 AM

The setup for the episode was quite promising. The Legends on a road trip with a truth-telling Tricky Dick. Lots of potential for hijinks. Unfortunately they Sara was distracted by her breakup with Available and Mona wasn't helping either. The denouement consisted of a Flash-style pep talk; no, two Flash-style pep talks, between Nate and his father and between Sara and Mona. The Legends don't do that kind of pep talk very well. Now that the demon's truly come out hopefully the season will pick up again.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:21 AM

S04E11: Sťance and Sensibility

Sťance and Sensibility promo: https://youtu.be/V_18jMFihBA
Sťance and Sensibility scene: https://youtu.be/AapJk8JZjcQ

LOVE IS ALL AROUND - When Mona discovers that her favorite author, Jane Austen (guest star Jenna Rosenow), might be at the epicenter of a magical alert, Mona, Sara, Charlie and Zari find themselves in 1809. With Nate still dealing with family issues, Constantine and Rory perform a sťance and receive a message from the other world that rocks Constantine to his core. Meanwhile, Ray and Nora are forced into close quarters.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Hey, it's a musical episode.

Brian
Old 04-15-2019, 10:35 PM

Could a couple be more incompatible than Ray and Nora?
Old 04-16-2019, 12:17 AM

Hooray for Bollywood

This episode marks a great return to form. Just throw all sorts of random stuff together and make it work. Jane Austen and Regency England. A Bollywood musical number. A Hindu god of love. Even Wolfie was somehow relevant. In reality, I think, this was just an excuse to show off Tala Ashe's singing skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
Could a couple be more incompatible than Ray and Nora?
That would be Zari and Nate.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
This episode marks a great return to form.
If you consider the form they're returning to as barely watchable cringe inducing crap. Yeah, I hate hate hated that episode.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:56 AM

S04E12: The Eggplant, The Witch & The Wardrobe

The Eggplant, The Witch & The Wardrobe promo: https://youtu.be/oz17e02PJZI

YOUR PERSONAL HELL - With darkness on the rise in 2019, the team realizes that a new host of problems have risen as they have been cleaning up history. Sara tries to save Ava from a fate worse than death while battling her own demons. Nora and Constantine, work together to take down a powerful demon. Meanwhile, Zari gets unsolicited advice from Mona, Charlie and even Rory.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

For last week:
On the good side: bollywood musical number.
On the bad side: someone has only seen the bad Jane Austen movies and not actually read (or understood) the books. None of them are "love conquers all." They're very, very, very grounded in the practical. She never ignores the reality that you cannot eat "romance."
Old 04-23-2019, 07:34 AM

Let's see:
  • The Eggplant - The girls figure out what Sari should text to Nate. Pretty underwhelming subplot about an underwhelming relationship.
  • The Witch - Nora and Constantine battle the demon Neron. Great deception on a mind reader, until Ray messed it all up. Now he's got the demon inside him.
  • The Wardrobe - Ava and Sara do couples therapy in IKEA, er, a MegastŲr. Great bit of relationship building.
Poor Nate's subplot doesn't merit inclusion in the title. What does he intend to do with Heyworld if not tear it down?
Old 04-29-2019, 08:27 AM

S04E13: Egg MacGuffin

Egg MacGuffin promo: https://youtu.be/okozoPs52S4
Egg MacGuffin scene: https://youtu.be/ap7tpkRrqOY

IT'S NOT WHAT IT SEEMS - While Ray is worried about Nora, he is suddenly faced with his own problem that forces him to do the unthinkable. Nate and Zari are stuck in an awkward limbo, so Sara devises a plan to send them on an easy mission together. Meanwhile, Charlie and Rory are approached with a lucrative offer that could upend their lives.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:21 AM

Why didn't anyone tell me this has Rory in it? Does he get Crowning Moments of Awesome in it?
Old 04-29-2019, 11:20 PM

Gary's missing nipple not only came back, literally, but is also plot-relevant rather than just a throwaway joke. That's some forward thinking on the part of the writers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Why didn't anyone tell me this has Rory in it? Does he get Crowning Moments of Awesome in it?
Do you consider Rory moonlighting as the best-selling author of erotic science fiction to be awesome? Because I do. It's hilarious and also awesome. Now to see if the writers can figure out a way to make that relevant to the plot.

Not so awesome is Nate+Zari. I am just not buying it. Those two just have no romantic chemistry.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:40 PM

And Constantine revives Nora with Phoenix Down.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:38 PM

I don't know how anyone could possibly complain about this show jumping the shark.

This show is a bunch of sharks riding a shark, jumping legions of sharks while sharks fall from the sky.

As I tell people, you pretty much know what you're getting when you watch a CW show. So either enjoy the ride or don't watch.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:31 AM

S04E14: Nip/Stuck

Nip/Stuck promo: https://youtu.be/eEW4LB69o-A
Nip/Stuck scene: https://youtu.be/TM1pksb65rI
Inside Nip/Stuck: https://youtu.be/DuOJeCJYQcM

WHAT WOULD RAY DO? - With Constantine missing, the Legends struggle to find a way to track him. When Sara hesitates to make a tough call, Rory steps up creating a wedge in the team. Meanwhile, Ava gives Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) the responsibility of handling the Bureau performance reviews for all the Agents.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:54 PM

I thought the best bit was going to be Gideon's cheerful announcement of the Waverider's imminent demise. Then they showed us Gary's demon nipple. Just when you think Gary's nipple is the height of marvelous ridiculousness, the show brings in the long-feared Tabitha, a.k.a. the Fairy Godmother. And then she and Ray Palmer lock lips.

Zari is going to be mother of dragons, isn't she?
Old 05-11-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I thought the best bit was going to be Gideon's cheerful announcement of the Waverider's imminent demise. Then they showed us Gary's demon nipple. Just when you think Gary's nipple is the height of marvelous ridiculousness, the show brings in the long-feared Tabitha, a.k.a. the Fairy Godmother. And then she and Ray Palmer lock lips.

Zari is going to be mother of dragons, isn't she?
The Pooka reminded me of a Pakuni (from Land of the Lost).
Old 05-13-2019, 07:46 AM

S04E15: Terms of Service

Terms of Service promo: https://youtu.be/hJNQWArfViY
Terms of Service scene: https://youtu.be/QK19CKIF7R8
Inside Terms of Service: https://youtu.be/xapAT9w10LQ

SELLING THEIR SOULS - With things getting out of control, Sara and Ava concoct a bold plan to take back the Time Bureau. But when things go awry, Zari and Charlie must work together to discover what Neron is planning. Elsewhere, Constantine, is given a tough choice on who to save from Hell.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:14 AM

I was right, Zari is going to be mother of dragons, but it's present kid Zari rather than future adult Zari. How is this going to tie into the main arc?

Gary wants to be a Legend, and he certainly screws up enough for one. However his ambitions are just so small. He had all that power in the form of, at first, a demon nipple then a fairy godmother, and his most ambitious act was to form a book club. Whereas when Mick teamed up with the fairy godmother, he had her turn everyone into puppets.

Tabitha foisted her fairy godmother curse on Nora, which was an unexpected twist. The former looked much, much better in black while the fairy godmother gown certainly didn't do anything for Nora.

Mona's lycanthropy actually turns out to be plot-relevant. First, Wolfie bites off Gary's demon nipple. Then Neray uses her to convince everyone to download his evil app. The wolf effect is still pretty bad though.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:01 AM

Speaking of the book club, the book was "The Collector" with an author's name of "Neil Lachance". "The Collector" was actually written by John Fowles. Anybody have an idea what this was all about?
Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 AM

S04E16: Hey, World! [Season Finale]

Hey, World! promo: https://youtu.be/RMIpmJ8ytYE
Hey, World! scene: https://youtu.be/1BpJhMtyH3E
Inside Hey, World!: https://youtu.be/AKjJ3DAB-So

SEASON FINALE - While on a mission to find Ray, Constantine and Nora discover Neron's evil plan. Nate convinces the Legends to think outside the box and suggests a dangerous plan to unite magical creatures and people to save the world.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:51 PM

That was a much better finale than a certain other show that also had a dragon in it. Granted, that other show's dragon was much better animated, but that's only because they had a much bigger budget.

Legends are still throwing shade at their own show, bringing back Vandal Savage in hell. He's actually a nice guy if you get to know him, and if you can get past that whole "immortal mass murderer" thing. They're also still throwing shade on the other shows for being excluded from the crossover. The Monitor showed up at end and shook his head at their antics as if to say, "Good thing I excluded them that last time we saved the Multiverse." Then he started munching on popcorn. "Maybe I can find a use for them in the coming Crisis."

So Zari has changed the future and her own personal timeline. Without an A.R.G.U.S.-led anti-metahuman pogrom, her brother still has the Air Totem, is never killed, and it's he who joins the Legends. Does this mean Tala Ashe is leaving the show? Zari is still around, but she's undoubtedly different now.
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM

Interestingly silly finale that was at the same time entertaining. They have almost eliminated the 4th wall, they might as well take the next step next year and be done with it.
Old Today, 07:07 AM

Season 5 and crossover news

The season 4 finale was, in fact, the last episode of Legends this year. The show is not in the CW's fall lineup, but rather will return in 2020. The presence of the Monitor in the finale indicates that the Legends will be included in the crossover. How can this be when the crossover happens at the end of the year? The CW has announced that the crossover will take place in five parts over two quarters. In other words, both Legends and Batwoman will be included and there'll be a cliffhanger in December, to be resolved when the shows resume (or start in the case of Legends) early next year.
Old Today, 09:40 AM

I'll never listen to "Sweet Baby James" quite the same way again.