Old 05-14-2019, 12:11 PM

Just 'cause it's there!
Old 05-14-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
I've done a booboo.

I pointed out to one of my multiple bosses that a bunch of codes from The Old Blue Database and The New Blue Database are different and as far as I can tell unmatchable, asked if we are supposed to create new ones if needed (part of the problem is that every Moe, Larry and Curly has created new codes; we have a ton, and sometimes we have multiple codes which do exactly the same). He said no, we're supposed to use only existing codes and to send him the lists if I needed help.
Oh Og, that sounds familiar. I'm so glad I'm retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
FCD was rejected - he said they were obviously rejecting men over 40 from the jury. So he's on his way home. I just finished lunch. Back to work for me!!
They're planning on a really long trial?

My dental appointment this morning was cancelled. Doc's feeling poorly. they're trying to move things around to get me in sometime soon. I had a follow up appointment scheduled for 2 weeks from today, so that may be it, and then they'll have to schedule another follow up.
Made an appointment with the dog groomer. 5 weeks out! The earliest they could get the boys in.
Not scoring really well this morning.

Need to call Frontier Communications and get rid of this satellite dish and go back to cable TV. Not looking forward to that. No matter what kind of deal I get from them, it'll be wrong.

Spidey ?
Old 05-14-2019, 01:09 PM

Finally got through to mdcaps and was told I can disregard to letter because they send one to everybody. Why they send one to everybody? It's the state.
On a good note though, he didn't get money for fall of 2018 because they said we declined it. I know we didn't, but there was a mix up because of him changing schools. The nice lady I talked to is going to try to get us that money. It would be nice, since he really needs to take one or two summer classes.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I laundered and even ahrned. I have not left da cave all day as well. YAY! However, tomorrow I must be about the public. Sup has been supped. Went with peas 'n carrots, cheesey rice, and rolls as side matter. 'Twas good.

Spidey any particular reason you have cause to believe my re-uppin' my Dope membership for two years will prevent me from cleanin' terlets for the next two years? Did I miss sump'n in the membership agreement fine print?
Old 05-14-2019, 06:37 PM

Mooooom, like metal mouse, I've never been called for jury duty. I'm thinking moving on a frequent basis for a few years shook me out of a few pools.

bumba, the hassle of setting up appointments for grooming makes me glad that Nelson doesn't really need much in that department. I take him in for a nail clip when the back nails get too long (I can do his front nails) and once or twice a year, I'll take him for a spa day because they do a much better job cleaning his ears than I do.

I got a lot of my own irk done today since one cow-orker was back. He went home early though, allergies were getting him bad. I have a feeling that the old bat is dragging her feet with her irk so's that the other colleague and I have to finish up her areas.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:30 PM

Y’all not being called for jury duty haven’t missed much. Have been called dozens of times. Here the county/ state and also Feds usually get me every year or it seems like. It’s majorly boring. I have only sat on a jury once many years ago. I did request and receive a postponement and sure enough the next month they got me again. Pain in the ass.

Leftover roast of beef with taters, carrots, onions and celery in a beefy gravy was supper. The maid comes tomorrow so I shall arise at the usual time in order to do my pre-maid spiffing. Then when she leaves glorious solitude I hope.

Yes. MetalMouse he will still hear it. Maybe he’ll buy me a new car. He said he doesn’t believe them already. SMH. Believe me they would have found and fixed something if they could as is the nature of the business.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-14-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:16 PM

I've made an executive decision: I'm going to put this !@#$ing fancy schmancy printer I bought a year and a half ago on CL and buy one that doesn't take a degree from MIT to operate. A year and a freakin' half and I've been able to scan approximately three times. I can copy and print, but wide format scanning was what I bought the damned thing for. I might as well buy one that I can at least save my scans ( I work with a lot of pictures) and resize them. !@#$ing thing.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:09 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
I've made an executive decision: I'm going to put this !@#$ing fancy schmancy printer I bought a year and a half ago on CL and buy one that doesn't take a degree from MIT to operate. A year and a freakin' half and I've been able to scan approximately three times. I can copy and print, but wide format scanning was what I bought the damned thing for. I might as well buy one that I can at least save my scans ( I work with a lot of pictures) and resize them. !@#$ing thing.
I hate those print/scan/copy/make Julianne fries (whatever those are) printers.
They have difficulty competing against cheap printers, and cut quality down to save costs. My MIL's printer actually spit out tiny gears with a print out. I like the HP 2600 printer. A color laser and reliable. They probably aren't made any more.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I hate those print/scan/copy/make Julianne fries (whatever those are) printers.
They have difficulty competing against cheap printers, and cut quality down to save costs. My MIL's printer actually spit out tiny gears with a print out. I like the HP 2600 printer. A color laser and reliable. They probably aren't made any more.

They are long gone, but you can still get the toner cartridges, abeit at a 400% markup, to make you get the latest model.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 PM

I've got a Brother B/W laser printer, since I don't need to print out color pictures and do need to print a lot of stuff (soccer related mostly). Works fine for basic scans, probably not for what you need, Red.

Soccer practice today was a practice scrimmage, we did ok, but I goofed and didn't send the e-mail note about the change to one of the kid's, so I am bummed about that. Mac-n-Cheese consumed so the night is about complete. Lawn mowing is planned for tomorrow morning.

Bumba, 5 weeks for a dog groomer appointment. I mean, I know it's Arkansas and all, but some civilization must exist there...

Sari, hope the direct action gets you some money. Sounds like you got a rational person to help you (not always guaranteed...)

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 05-14-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:21 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 54 Amurrkin out (BRRR!) and clear (almost daylight) with a predicted high of 84 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. I shall lay in provisions this mornin' and make a decision re sup whilst doin' so. I am uninspired as to what to make. Other than that no big plans except to head over to the church house for mid-week Eucharist and to haul the biiiiiiiiiiig, hopefully only one, trash can all the way down to where it, or they, go for pickup tomorrow. Tomorrow I shall clean up some limbs that fell durin' the storm last Sattidy. A couple of them will need to be sawed into smaller chunks and someone with a chain saw shall meet me there to take care of that. I foresee mowage of da cave yahd tomorrow as well. Thus, I deserve a slacker day today.

MetalMouse Bumba lives in Orygun. That means he can't just go buy canned possum or possum helper at the sto' like folks in Arrr-kansas can. He has to order it from Amazon.

Sari looks like you found a helpful person. Hope she comes through for ya.

Butters may much sloth come your way.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, bother of bothers, alas, and alack, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public at the Pubic Sto' attire. Life is just so difficult!

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 05-15-2019, 05:39 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Mid-40s this morning - I'm glad I closed the house last night. Meanwhile, long-range forecast for next week includes 90s. <headdesk>

Still dealing with my stoopit cough - it's affected my voice. I'm starting to sound like a 3-pack-a-day smoker! I don't think it's allergies because it's been so wet, the pollen is sodden. It's a cold. Dammit.

Baby Engineer comes back today. Our A/C at home is getting serviced today. And when I get home, I'll finish my share of the electrical in the shop. Exciting, huh?

Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-15-2019, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. The Canes screwed up the ticket thing last night, almost didn't get in. They will be getting a Bobbio style phone call today.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
MetalMouse Bumba lives in Orygun. That means he can't just go buy canned possum or possum helper at the sto' like folks in Arrr-kansas can. He has to order it from Amazon.
Oops, confused them with another B-name (Beckdawreck). But the comment stands, geographically corrected.

Up before 6:30am, so probably a nap in my future. 53F now but headed for 78F today with about a 40% chance of rain. Mowage will be this morning, but need to go fill the gas can first.

All y'all have a good 2Day.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:50 AM

Happy Hump Day!

It's, a N.O.S. 43 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 73 and turn cloudy.

I took a three hour nap yesterday, then I woke up at 3am last night and couldn't get back to sleep.
I feel okay now, I'm sure I'll feel it later.

Getting ready to take the brat to day care, then home to irk, then go see the pcp.
I am not looking forward to this because 1) I have been warned that I will be there for about an hour and I have other things I need to do, and 2) I know she is going to want to set me up for all kinds of icky and/or painful tests. However, if I want to continue to get thyroid pills, I have to go.

I hope to get some yard irk done today, pulling up dandelions. Since I fell asleep yesterday the dehumidifier didn't get to the basement, so that will get done today.
Ripple got his butt kicked a little at the park yesterday. He likes to play rough, and so does Zena, only she is a big, black, German Shepherd about twice his size. Ripple reminded me of a turtle, he was hiding under the picnic table and would stick his head out to snap at her and duck back under where she couldn't reach him. I was afraid they weren't really playing until they trotted off together to get a drink, and both drank out of the same bowl at the same time.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:01 AM

I got a call I thought I wasn't going to get any more. Dude was supposed to call me last week, called me today to see if we could set up a specific time to have the Actual Call. Specific time has been set. Yay!

Last edited by Nava; 05-15-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:58 AM

Very noisy outside today. Not only is the gas company digging, and jack hammering, and sawing, and whatever else they need to do; today the water department is out there digging and scraping, and whatever else they need to do.
The water is turned off, supposedly for a half hour. We shall see.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:22 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Baby Engineer has returned and all is right with the world.

Been a busy morning, and lunch couldn't have been more welcome. Quit time will be even more welcome!!!
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM

Day one of sloth is moving along. I hid out in the bedroom watching documentaries about Chernobyl while maid did her thing. I think she is gone now. This means the master bedroom/bathroom did not get cleaned but I am not totally helpless.

I shall go and figure out breakfast/lunch here in a moment.

Everyone have a great day
Old 05-15-2019, 10:55 AM

Lawn has been mowed and looking at the Radar map, just in time--some rain is heading my way, which may mess us soccer practice. We shall see...

Sari, hope things quiet down...and maybe it's good Ripple gets roughed up now and then, teach him some manners...

Nava, hope the call does not lead to having to call to set up another call with the person who couldn't make this call because nobody call him about the call...

Need to clean myself up and get some sustenance here in a minute.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:56 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post

It would come in handy to keep whippersnappers off'n your lawn.
"Why is it that when Old Man Kopek shakes his cane at us there is a smouldering piece of rope tied off the end? I don't want to know? Why not?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgL4ZOJSS6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

You're not cleanin' your terlets for two more years?

Why should the next two be any different from the last 40?
Old 05-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Provisions are now laid in and stored where they stay until consumed. Actually did that early this mornin' and have been in sloth mode since then. Scallops, spare guts, and parslied new N.O.T. shall be sup. The Pubic Sto' had some nice lookin' scallops for once and not too expensive. We likes scallops so this shall be a treat.

MetalMouse I shall accomplish mowage tomorrow whilst 'tis still relatively coolish in the mornin'. We are promised for real Summer weather next week with temps movin' in to mid and upper 90s. Cee-mint pond weather for sure!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:18 PM

Went to play with tiny plants, and meet the person I'm maybe replacing as a tech. It's a bit weird, they're kinda half acting like I'm the new person about to start, half like they had a bunch of applicants, and they're considering several people, even though they said they hadn't looked at any applications yet (the Education Inspectors are in, everything's gone a little manic, and the application time only closed a few days ago). What was far weirder was what I wound up doing, when being showed round- the job is supposed to be a tech for the horticulture teaching section, but I wound up helping drop off and bag up a load of pig lungs and hearts for dissection by the trainee veterinary nurses, which the existing tech had just collected from the local abattoir. Apparently all the animal team techs are too squeamish to go there...
Old 05-15-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
bumba, the hassle of setting up appointments for grooming makes me glad that Nelson doesn't really need much in that department. I take him in for a nail clip when the back nails get too long (I can do his front nails) and once or twice a year, I'll take him for a spa day because they do a much better job cleaning his ears than I do.
It's not really a hassle for me/us. It's just that I always forget to call until the boys start looking shaggy and then having to wait a month to get them in... well, they get really shaggy. I just need to remember to call sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Bumba, 5 weeks for a dog groomer appointment. I mean, I know it's Arkansas and all, but some civilization must exist there...
Like Swampy said, I is in Orygun, and we do have some civilization here, since we got that pesky Indian problem resolved. And I is a he, not a them. I am very clear on my gender identity, although I admit that I have trouble keeping up with everybody else's.

Today I need to go to the Bi Mart sto for Omeprizole, and then to the grocery stos to spend the rest of my meager fortune.

Oh. last night we had (chicken) Taco Grande pizza. 'Twas very good. Tonight will be sausages and some veg. I just knew you wanted to know.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Baby Engineer has returned and all is right with the world.
Best thing about Baby Engineers is they can keep themselves clean, fed and dressed. Well, that plus if they're not complete morons it's kind of cute watching them figure out that stuff us Ancient Engineers had to figure out back when we were babies ourselves

Quote:
Nava, hope the call does not lead to having to call to set up another call with the person who couldn't make this call because nobody call him about the call...
Oh, I've got his cell number now If he doesn't call me, I'ma gonna call him.

Last edited by Nava; 05-15-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:12 PM

The doctor visit was long.
There is a lot she wants me to do, get an eye exam, get some blood work done, get a mammogram, carry an epi-pen, shit in a box and send it to the lab, try free range chicken to see if that makes my mouth itch, get a pneumonia shot, come back in four months....
I like her, but I knew this whole doctor visit thingie was going to be a pain.
I forgot to get a script for thyroid pills.

The water got turned back on and now the tank to the downstairs toilet won't fill, and the water pressure is less than it was.

The dehumidifier is plugged in and running. My son said he will empty the bucket everyday instead of hooking up the hose. We'll see how long that lasts.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:43 PM

sari, Nelson will play rough with some dogs at the park, but will come running to me if he thinks he's about to get his butt kicked.

metal mouse, I use a printer for printing and resizing photos. I splurged on an Epson WF-7720 when the last Canon took a crap. The Epson is wide format so I can accomodate 12"X 12" paper. How to use it takes more tech savvy than I posess. I think I'll go buy another Canon for about half the price and put this on on CL for what I pay for the Canon.

I got a catalog (if that's what you want to call it) from Montgomery Wards today. I didn't know they were still in business. The cover page is hawking their charge card ( I had one a quarter of a century ago) and the merchandise looks suspiciously like the kind of stuff Fingerhut used to sell.

I called Sirius this afternoon to re-up my subscription at $5.99 a month. They wanted to do it as me going online every month to pay it and I said no. I asked about just paying the whole year up front and the dude tried to sell me the same package, first for $120, and then for $99.99. I told him I wasn't an idiot and to put his radio service where the sun doesn't shine. I got the $72 dollar price they were advertising then.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
I forgot to get a script for thyroid pills.
Mama got the wrong thyroid pills once and saw snakes under the table. She realized what was going on, and called me to take the pills back and get the right ones. The druggist was really happy to switch them.

Alex Trebeck (sp?) is doing a life insurance ad on TV. Damn.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:06 PM

Evening all.

Bumba, got you mixed up with Beckdawreck, who is a person of the female persuasion and from Arkansas. My bad, never did get the hand of "B's"

Sari, I hope you got a list of all those things the Doc wants you to do. That's a lot.

Nut, sounds like you are needed there to do the 'ugly' jobs, since the animal team techs are too delicate for such work...

Rained for a couple hours this afternoon, so mowing the yard this morning was wise, but soccer practice was rained out. Was going to fix dinner, but decided WTH, and went to 5 Guys.

Had a call from my Edward D. Jones rep; she's moved to Wells Fargo and was trying (politely) to get me to bring my account over there. I like her and she did a good job as far as I am concerned, but my annuities are about due to come into play so making more money on them is not a priority. Meeting with the new Rep for Edward D. Jones Firday, we'll see how that goes.

Back to internettin'. All y'all take care.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
[
I got a catalog (if that's what you want to call it) from Montgomery Wards today. I didn't know they were still in business. The cover page is hawking their charge card ( I had one a quarter of a century ago) and the merchandise looks suspiciously like the kind of stuff Fingerhut used to sell.

Not Fingerhut but swiss colony aka "colony brands inc" ... they own about 20 brands now and there all/were mail-order catalogs ......... here's all the active catalogs https://www.colonybrands.com/customers/shop-here/

They haven't done too bad for what began as some guy selling homemade cheese by mail ...

and once you buy something from one of them they'll send all of them .... my aunt is in the top ten list of non-corporate credit accounts (almost 10 k of which shes used half in 20 years ) for the Swiss colony and a big one for the seventh avenue also

gave her family Xmas when they didn't have cash all at once for it ... just don't buy the non-name brand electrical appliances .... other than that they sell pretty good stuff

Last edited by nightshadea; 05-15-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Nut, sounds like you are needed there to do the 'ugly' jobs, since the animal team techs are too delicate for such work...
She actually said it wasn't a normal part of the job, and I wouldn't have to do it if I didn't want to- it just happens once or twice a year. The animal techs are mostly there to look after all the onsite critters they have, so were finding any possible excuse to not do that bit until she just gave in and did it. You don't apply for a job looking after pet bunny wabbits 'cos you want to deal with dismembered pigs. Luckily, despite being vegetarian for 15 years, I did work in a zoo with carnivores, not wabbits, and squeamishness was not an option if you did food prep there.

The job is pretty much 'help out wherever', with the possibility to gravitate towards what interests you, by the sound of it, including helping with teaching some classes. Certainly more interesting than cleaning, and with a lot more opportunities to do new stuff.

Anyway, I'm actually heading into college today, to talk about next year's Project (supposed to be bigger 'n better than this years). I hope the lecturer remembers she said she'd be there! I must purtify then head out.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:30 AM

Whomever sets the thermostat at the office and my skin have different ideas about what's comfy (I'm wearing a long-sleeved dress over a tee and jeans, as well as full pantyhose). Mind you, I've always been a cold chicken… by the time I feel cozy, the rest of the world is in swimming gear.

Last edited by Nava; 05-16-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:03 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 58 Amurrkin out and "fair" (as opposed to unjust, maybe?) out with a predicted high of 87 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. This mornin' I shall accomplish mowage. After that, I shall purtify and go to Sam's to purchase stuff for the church house (the terlet paper supply is gettin' low ) and head over there to store stuff where it stays until used. We shall break the fast for sup, ham 'n cheese omelets, grits, and bizkits to be exact.

Nava my mother was a lot like you wrt to bein' cold in a lot of places, particularly the grocery sto. She always kept a sweater in her car durin' the Spring and Summer for that exact reason. As church janitor Junior Warden I get complaints from a few people about the church bein' too hot or too cold. My advice is, if you're hot take sump'n off. If you're cold put sump'n on. No way to adjust a thermostat to please everyone.

Nuts tiny plants and pig guts. Sounds like a dream job!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:27 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Nava - I'm with you, girl! I swear, you could hang meat in my office, but Baby Engineer doesn't even notice! I learned years ago to keep a cardigan at my desk at all times. At one point, I even wore fingerless gloves to keep my hands from freezing.

Today started easy - no Roxy to drop off. Daughter is going back to the school where she used to teach. They have a tradition where the graduating seniors walk thru their elementary schools in caps and gowns, and the little kids line the halls to watch. Among this year's seniors are kids my daughter taught when they were in 5th grade, so she's taking Roxy to the parade. Last night she was offered a job teaching 5th grade math - she said if it had been science, she might have been tempted...

FCD and I finished with the shop wiring last night. The wiring in the office will have to wait. He'll be working on the air lines today - I don't know if there will be anything for me to do when I get home or not. We shall see. Meanwhile, there's stuff on my desk - I shall soon be busy.

Happy Thursday!!
Old 05-16-2019, 09:25 AM

Happy Thorsday!

When I woke up this morning it was cloudy and dreary, supposed to rain. Now the sun is shining, 61 degrees, and supposed to get up to 77.
So much for the predictions earlier this week that the entire week was going to be wet and chilly.

We are going to the armpit Sunday and the original prediction was rainy and in the high 50s, now it's predicted to be 88 degrees.

Lots of commotion outside earlier, it sounded like two of the gas company guys were in a very heated argument.
Got Ripple running from window to window barking at them.

Lots of stuff to do today. I have to figure out what is wrong with the downstairs toilet. All the medical stuff can wait until next week when I don't feel so overwhelmed. Squirrels got into the closet again. Why, when the neighbor has a gaping hole on the back of her house, do they have to chew into my house? I think it doesn't help that the neighbor on the other side feeds them.

Today is my son's birthday, he's 24. I have to do something for him, even though he doesn't want me to do anything. I wanted him to go out to da jungle with me and order some hanayama puzzles for his birthday, but he didn't want to. He is so hard to buy for. My mother buys him stock every year for his birthday and for Christmas.
I think I'll go to Sonic on the way home from the park today and get him some ice cream or a milkshake.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:39 AM

Morning all. Slept till after 8am, after days of getting up at 6, so ready for the day. N.O.S. and going to 84F, so house will be warm (like Nava and FCM, prefer a warm house/workspace to a cool one).

Soccer this afternoon is the major project on the schedule, may also clean up a bit around the house (yeah, right).

A happy birthday to Sah-son, Sari

All y'all take care.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 05-16-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Squirrels got into the closet again. Why, when the neighbor has a gaping hole on the back of her house, do they have to chew into my house?
They are obviously tormenting Ripple, the nasty little tree rats!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
They are obviously tormenting Ripple, the nasty little tree rats!
I wish he'd get a hold of one, or more.
My son already plugged the hole, I was going to get a bunch of incense and smoke them out. I burned a bunch of incense in the closet anyway, I hear critters don't like it.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I wish he'd get a hold of one, or more.
My son already plugged the hole, I was going to get a bunch of incense and smoke them out. I burned a bunch of incense in the closet anyway, I hear critters don't like it.
I would be very careful doing that-in fact, I don't believe I would. We burned an outbuilding with incense when I was a kid.

We had rats getting into the garage through a refrigerator tubing hole in concrete block. At my Wife's recommendation, when I plugged it up with spray foam, I stuffed steel wool into the hole. They can't chew through it.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:25 PM

My husband uses steel wool to plug up tubing line and drain line holes here to keep rats out. No squirrels here.

Day two of sloth is coming along nicely. I slept part of the day and now going to try to find something to watch on Netflix. I’m going to cook spaghetti for supper.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:47 PM
born to be shunned

The Sportie is inspected, the car half packed for an antique show this weekend, and today is my Friday this week since I'm blowing tomorrow off for Game Commission stuff. Even an exceptional case of stupid at work can't blow the smile I got right now.

It will probably try to -------- but it will fail.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I've been a bzzy bear. Mowage, a trip to Sam's for stuff for church, a trip to the church house where stuff was stored where it stays until used, accomplished candle duty, returned two shirts I ordered from JC Penny but didn't like when they arrived, and (especially for MetalMouse) had a burger and fries from Five Guys. I was sittin' at a stoplight right by Five Guys and thought, why not!
Old 05-16-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Rotissed poke loin, tots, and cabbage-n-onions for supper. I may open a can of pineapple chunks, too.

FCD overdid it today, dammit. I'll be off all day tomorrow and I could have helped him then, but he had to finish today for some reason. That man makes me crazy sometimes. I'm glad we've got help on Saturday for the move - he'd try to do it himself otherwise.

Hope I can sleep tonight - I's tahred...
Old 05-16-2019, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Rotissed poke loin, tots, and cabbage-n-onions for supper. I may open a can of pineapple chunks, too.
Is there anything special about cabbage-n-onions? Chopped cabbage and onions cooked in butter or olive oil in a closed pan, I would think.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Sliced onions, cut up cabbage, steamed with a little butter and salt. Nothing special, and relatively healthy.

Supper has been ingested and the dishes have been rinsed. I'm about to assume the veg position for the evening.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We have et the breakin' of fast for sup and 'twas goooooooood, if'n I do say so myself. Even made homemade bizkits. Go Me!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:36 PM

I use olive oil and a flavored rice vinegar on my cabbage.
I put it in the oven underneath whatever meat I happen to be making. Sometimes the edges get a little overdone.
If no meat, then I cut it into 'steaks' and brush with olive oil, butter, and sprinkle on the rice vinegar and bake until done.

I was very careful burning the incense in the closet. It's a pretty big closet and there isn't much in there.
One day I'll get somebody in to rehang all the sheet rock, but not much sense in it until the neighbor gets her window fixed. If I really wanted to spend the money, it would be a great place to put a stack able washer/dryer. It's right behind the bathroom, so plumbing is already nearby.

My toilet tank is filling again, but there is still a lot of rust/dirt/whatever in the water. Everywhere else the water is running clean.
The dehumidifier is running smoothly and so far my son doesn't mind carrying the bucket upstairs to dump it.
I got the giant kitty litter box out of the cat room, it's outside waiting to get squirted out by the hose. I was going to give it to the neighbor, but he told me today that he is breaking up with his gf and moving out. The cat is his, but he is leaving it with her, so I hope she takes the litter box. The thing is huge, and since my cat goes outside, I don't need it anymore.
He gave my son $20 for his birthday, no reason why he should, other than he just looks sad. He is also very messed up, I think on pain pills. He has a broken rib.

I picked up lunch/dinner from Sonic, an M&M Blast for my son, an oreo ice cream sandwich for me, and a pup cup for Ripple.

Today feels like Firday to me.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 05-16-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:30 PM

nava, I keep a large denim shirt at irk. I need it at my desk most of the day, but if I go out into the plant, I get too warm with it on.

Happy birthday sah-son!

Mooooomdo you ever put caraway in your cabbage and onions? I do that on occasion. I also will make Indian cabbage with some star anise, garam masala and mustard seed.

I got a lot of irk done today. I was the only reconciler there, so no one sidetracking me.

I got a new project to do before 22 June. A single mom that's a FoaF is having a pirate themed birthday party for her five year old and is on a shoestring. I'm making cupcake toppers and a banner for the occasion.

My Sirius account wasn't refreshed today, so I had to call them back. They have the crappiest phone system for sound quality that I've ever dealt with. They managed to get me hooked up, so I now have satellite radio for road trips again.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:01 PM

well, the weather is alternating between dark and drizzly and cloudy and sunny ....its chillier than normal for this time of year tho usually its between 80-100 but since Tuesday it's chilled down...

cousin is gone til Monday sos all should be peaceful until she gets back ....all she did was cause fights between me and aunt by endless bitchin over trivialities ......

My dilemma is the cat that me and my aunt co-own ...this was a rescued from a roach trap behind a delivery depot at barely 4 days old cat and we saved her with around the clock spoiledness .. she had so much infection and crud she couldn't hear or see (the vet opened her eyes cause they were so bad .....they didn't think she'd live and wrote her off as dead in her file and were surprised when she came in fat happy and ready to be fixed ..... Now that was almost 19 years ago and well shes literally on her last legs (she can't move them on one side due to a possible stroke) shes got lumps all over ..no memory really and is like an end of stage Alzheimers patient ...wed take her to the vet but at her age itd be delaying the inevitable with expensive pills and the like ...... I just don't know ...
Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 PM

I hope your cat has a peaceful passing shady. Hugs.

I had the quilt back on the bed for the past two nights because it got down into the forties and I'll be damned if I'm going to turn the heat back on in mid May. this afternoon, however, it got up to 92F. The AC is on and the ceiling fan is moving air around. Ma Nature is drinking again.

I may take a mini road trip this weekend. Depending on who wants to go, it could be to the mountains on the bike or south or west in the car.