Spoiler space.
Spoiler space.
Spoiler space.
Spoiler space.
Spoiler space.
Spoiler space.
Spoiler space.
Spoiler space.

I've Googled somewhat for this, but haven't seen anything that addresses this specific question: why don't they use their limited Pym particles to go back and get the Time Stone first, and try using that to do the other time travel? My first instinct is to say they need Strange to operate it, but hell, bring him along. Let him do the "scan through the future" thing to see that the really do need his help.

I know the answer is "because that's not the story they wanted to tell," but does anything in-universe address this?

Last edited by KneadToKnow; 05-16-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:31 AM

Because while the Stone has been used to look forward in time, restore things to the way they were in the past, make things older, reverse the flow of time, and create time loops, it was never used to actually travel through time, and we don't know if it can.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:42 AM

Because they know the pym particles work and how they work, using the time stone would be a complete crap shoot if it was even able to do what they wanted.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:51 AM

Because they're two different versions of time travel.

In a nutshell, the time stone reverses time as we know it in our universe (making time go backward to save-then-kill Vision), whereas the Pym Particles grant access to the Quantum Realm which is a different form of time travel by going to parallel universes (universii?), which is what they do in Endgame.

It's also worth mentioning since the time stone is from a different dimension it might not even work in our time the way it did in Infinity War...but that's a whoooooole 'nother discussion
Old 05-17-2019, 09:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneadToKnow View Post

My first instinct is to say they need Strange to operate it, but hell, bring him along. Let him do the "scan through the future" thing to see that the really do need his help.
Am I misunderstanding this? How could they bring him along? He was dusted in Infinity War.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equipoise View Post
Am I misunderstanding this? How could they bring him along? He was dusted in Infinity War.
I'm guessing he means go back to point when Strange had the stone and then bring him along from there.