Old 07-09-2003, 10:03 AM

So I woke up with my shirt on backwards and inside-out this morning...

and I have no idea how it got that way! I am 99.99% sure that it was on the right way before I went to bed last night. I don't recall anything unusual going on during the night and you'd think that if I'd done something that required the removal of my shirt that I'd have at least some memory of it. Mr. Greywolf73 didn't notice anything out of the ordinary during the night either.

So, either I was doing some bizarre sleepwalking activity that required my shirt to be on backwards and inside out, or I was abducted by aliens with no sense of fashion.

I don't have the slightest clue and thought I'd ask my fellow Dopers their opinion.

How did my shirt end up backwards and inside-out?
Old 07-09-2003, 10:08 AM

As I recall from my topology class, such an event is possible if you find yourself accidentally folded up in a 4th dimension.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:24 AM

Possibility A: Mr. Greywolf73 is messing with your head. In a playful way, not a "Gaslight" way.

Possibility B: You got hot in your sleep, flung off the shirt. Got cold around 4ish, put it back on? Inside out and backward. Talented.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:57 AM

Did you awake in the bathtub? Did you check to insure all your internal organs were still intact? Were you, perhaps, abducted by aliens?
Old 07-09-2003, 11:19 AM

It's still the same shirt you went to bed with, right? Not the sexy neighbor guy's shirt that you mistakenly pulled on during one of your sleepwalk induced rendezvous?
Old 07-09-2003, 11:38 AM

I like friedo's explanation the best.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:12 PM

Classic abduction evidence. Check yourself for any new wounds, probably small, circular, and cauterized.

Oh, and strange circular formations in your carpet.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:12 PM

I always have experiences like this. I wake up to be mocked by my roommates about how I was up in the middle of the night asking them for a cup of sugar or something weird and then went back to bed.

Oh and hey, this is my first post. I usually just read the forums but work is especially boring today. Also, I see someone from Scranton so I wanted to give a shout-out to NorthEastern PA! Represent!
Old 07-09-2003, 01:26 PM

Hey, Undead, welcome to the board! (Yay, that's my first time welcoming the newbie!)

I'm living in PA, too; Allentown, to be precise. If you are interested in Philly-and-surrounding-area Dopers, check with True Pisces. They have regularly scheduled dinners and get-togethers, and there's a Dopefest scheduled for Labor Day.

Glad you decided to stop lurking!
Old 07-09-2003, 01:30 PM

Oh, and re: the OP, I'm voting for aliens, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for crop circles in the corn on the way home.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:44 PM

Well, since I didn't wake up in the bathtub and all my internal organs are intact, and the nearest neighbors I have are the squirrels in the backyard and they are neither sexy nor do they wear t-shirts, I have come to the conclusion that I either slipped into a 4th dimension or I was indeed abducted by aliens.
Either that, or I just got hot in the middle of the night and flung my shirt off, as Maureen suggested, but I like the idea of other dimensions and aliens a lot better.

Oh, and welcome to the boards, Undead! I am honored that you delurked in my thread and it's good to know I'm not the only one abducted by aliens in the middle of the night with poor fashion sense.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Undead
Also, I see someone from Scranton so I wanted to give a shout-out to NorthEastern PA! Represent!
A welcome is in order, heyna? I hope you joined because the boards are entertaining and informative, and the posters are intelligent and extremely good looking as well, but if you want to tell people you joined because you saw a Scrantonian, feel free.

Enjoy your time here.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:25 PM

I think I've decided my sleeping-self is possessed by some sort of needy evil packrat or a demonic baker. I've had full conversation in my sleep with people that I remember nothing of. Usually asking them for something. Have I been building something in the confines of my home keeping it secrect from even myself?

Greywolf, are we doomed to waking up in a state of bewilderment forever? Well, prolly not

Thanks for the welcome all!

Quote:
Originally posted by Casey1505
I hope you joined because the boards are entertaining and informative, and the posters are intelligent and extremely good looking as well
sounds like I'll fit in real well
Old 07-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Charter Member

I once woke up after being hit in the face with a blanket. I have no idea how that happened.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:56 PM

Jeff Olsen, were you alone when that happened?
Old 07-09-2003, 02:57 PM

I regularly strip in my sleep - I have every intention of wearing the nightgown all night when I crawl in the bed. But I'll find it on the floor the next morning. Summer in Alabama - even with air conditioning, it's still too hot! So, until this heat breaks, I'll sleep au naturel. Not that hubby minds!
Old 07-09-2003, 02:59 PM

when i was a child, i used to often wake up in completely different pajamas than i went to bed in - i was in favor of alien abduction then, and i still am now

i've since eliminated the problem by sleeping naked
Old 07-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skeptic_ev
Jeff Olsen, were you alone when that happened?
AFIK, I was the only one in the room, yes.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:37 PM

I'd have to say it was aliens. They're everywhere.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:38 PM

I once woke up naked with a black eye, after going to bed fully clothes and unbruised but that is a story for an entirely diffrent thread.

etgaw1
Old 07-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Greywolf73
...the nearest neighbors I have are the squirrels in the backyard and they are neither sexy nor do they wear t-shirts...
I think it was the squirrels messing with you. Did you find any acorns in the bed?
Old 07-09-2003, 06:39 PM

I wrote 'call mom' on my had last night because it was her birthday... and i woke up with 'llac mom' printed all over the inside of my thigh!

So creepy. So Oedipal.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:57 AM

Wow...that last post made me laugh out loud. Funny!
Old 07-10-2003, 03:34 PM

When I was 5, I broke my collarbone. I was able to take the sling off in my sleep, even though when I was awake, my hands couldn't reach the buckles (it fastened in the back).
Old 07-10-2003, 03:40 PM

Greywolf73 - is it possible that you went for a spin in your clothes dryer in the middle of the night? That's the only logical explanation I can think of for your shirt turning itself inside out.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 AM

Me too

This has been bothering me for days now. In the middle of the night I awoke because the covers was uncomfortable on my skin. My first thought was "what's wrong with the cover!! and where is the sheet in between". Plus, I was also laying on my back, which I never do. I set up and the bed was fully covering completely but turned around backwards and very neat. The cover and sheet was not like that before going to bed and this has never happened before. I thought maybe they was flipped around in the night, but I didn't get up and neither did my husband. My covers are very heavy and don't flip easy. So something didn't make since to me. I was talking to my grand daughter about it after getting home from work. I ask her if I was crazy. She told me NO because when she awoke, her bra was on backwards. She said it wasn't like that before she went to bed. Also because it was a lacy bra, she would have notice if she put it on backwards. Now I'm wondering what happen to us while asleep that night to ALL of us.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:24 AM

It's a timey-wimey thing
Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Voodoo Adult (Slight Return)
Charter Member

Quote:
So I woke up with my shirt on backwards and inside-out this morning...
Worst Sting cover ever.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:04 PM

Perhaps your shirt is right, but the rest of you is backwards and inside-out.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweet View Post
I'd have to say it was aliens. They're everywhere.
We need to build that wall! Even more so now!
Old 05-16-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45 View Post
Perhaps your shirt is right, but the rest of you is backwards and inside-out.
IIRC, the documentary Galaxy Quest explored this possibility.