Old 04-23-2019, 09:06 AM

I'll drop this thought in here, since it's "all spoilers." I did a quick Google and turns out of course it's not entirely original, but it's not one that I've run across, really. Silenus, you refer to the "Prince that was Promised" prophecy, which should have something to it, given the importance it's given. But, like many prophecies, I don't think it's literal. So the other day I was refreshing my memory on it, and according to the prophecy there are three attempts at "Lightbringer" (the flaming sword wielded by the "Prince" to end the war). Azor Ahai makes one, tempers it in water, and it breaks. The second attempt is tempered in a lion, and breaks. The third is tempered in the heart of Nissa Nissa, and becomes Lightbringer.

There are (were) three dragons.

One has plunged into water, and is "broken."

From there, I think we're definitely going to see another dragon die -- broken after being plunged into "a lion"; King's Landing? Bronn (on behalf of Cersei?) It kind of makes me think that they do discover the NK has taken a force (or flown Viserion) down to King's Landing, and Rhaegal (probably) goes in pursuit and falls.

The third, the final remaining dragon, then becomes supercharged somehow by a blood magic sacrifice of/by either Jon or Daenerys and becomes the weapon "Lightbringer" that is finally able to kill the NK. Bran's "I don't know [if dragonfire can kill the NK]" probably means that it doesn't. They must "forge" Lightbringer. The glowing, radiant, flaming weapon wielded by the Prince (the remaining of Jon or Dany) to bring the dawn.

How exactly they reach the conclusion "hey, let the dragon eat/burn me and everything'll be cool!" I don't know. I'm guessing this is the point of sowing the distrust between Jon and Dany regarding the rightful "claim." I just can't imagine them bickering about that while they're badly losing the war, though. So I don't know how they get there. But that's my prediction.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:02 AM

I think it would make sense for Dany to be Nissa Nissa. I can see Tyrion being killed off as the lion at some point (although the 'why' he is being killed should be important somehow) followed by Dany to finally forge lightbringer, whatever lightbringer actually IS. The legend says it is a flaming sword, but that seems too literal. I'm not sure how lightbringer being a dragon would actually be realised in the show - it becoming 'supercharged' seems a bit Marvel to me.

The Night's Watch on the other hand - Their motto includes "I am the sword in the darkness." and "I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn". I wouldn't be surprised if Jon becomes the 1000th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, and the last living men (and women) of Westeros become the Night's Watch - i.e. lightbringer. It is the people prepared to fight for the living who will bring the light. Given Dany is going the way of Aerys, and given how her only concern is the throne, which I've always thought is the biggest red herring of the show, I can see people rallying around her death, which coincides with bringing down the end of oppressive rulers. With her dead, and Jon once again denying his right to the throne, the ensuing chaos means the end of the line for anyone wanting to be king of Westeros.

Melisandre intends to come back to Westeros, and we've already been reminded she is familiar with blood magic, so maybe she will have a hand in ending Dany too.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM

I'll play!

GoT is said to be based (loosely) on the Wars of the Roses with the main (current) factions, the Lannisters and the Starks standing in for the historical factions of the Lancasters and the Yorks. So based on the historical resolution to that conflict, I'll say that Jaime ends up on the Iron Throne and marries Sansa to unite the kingdoms.

In other developments, Jon and Dany die heroically against the Night King, taking him down with them. Tyrion kills Cersei. Arya and Gendry end up as Wardens of the North so a Stark remains in Winterfell. Sam and Gilly retire happily to his ancestral home. Either Grey Worm or Missandei survives, but not both.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

I am NOT predicting this, but even though we are told (and shown) the dead don't negotiate* and won't quit until there is endless night, what if some sort of agreement is reached?
I'm mostly trying to cover every possibility.
* some sort of agreement was reached with Craster, how was that arranged?
A stalemate of some sort seems a little more likely.

Just trying to "expect the unexpected"

Brian
Old 05-02-2019, 09:53 AM

My mid-season report card; I'm not doing too good. LOL! I've added some of my later explanations to the original predictions so we can judge the accuracy.

Came true:

Halfway there - TC 12. I really want a scene in which Sansa recognizes Tyrion's worth, and thanks him for protecting her/refusing to hurt her. I'd especially like for her to fall in love with him, but I'm not greedy. I think he winds up making her queen

Sansa is the smartest, the strongest, and the most strategic of all of them though. She is everything her father was, and all the things he wasn't.

Still in play:

TC 1. Remember when Melisandre told Varys that she had to die in Westeros, just like him? The look on his face? I think that was part of what he heard from the demon flames as a child. I think the rest of that prediction will turn out to be the common thread of every story in Westeros.

TC 3. Danaerys will show her Father's influence before it is all over. When she does, Tyrion and Varys will turn on her, and support Jon as the new leader. But I don't think Danaerys will be humiliated or crushed, I just think she will lose Tyrion's and Varys's support for the throne. It may be though, that when we finally learn what she means by " . . . break the wheel" this will all be moot.

TC 4. Sansa will actually wind up in charge of the Kingdom.

TC 5. Tormond and Jamie will get into a scrape competing to be the one to die for/protect Brienne.

TC 7. The Hound will kill the Mountain, but as an act of mercy, not of revenge.

TC 9. The Greyjoy's castle will fall into the sea.

False or Impossible now:

TC 2. The Night's King is a double agent, just as Jon was with the Wildlings. He will have come to respect the White Walkers, but will help Jon destroy them just the same.

TC 6. Ned Stark will come back from the dead; he will be like a wight, but loyal to Winterfell, not the Night's King. (possibly both if that's appropriate.)

TC 8. Jon will stick one of the ice-made swords into Melisandre's breast, and it will come out glowing -> Lightbringer.

TC 10. In their first reunion, Arya runs past Jon to hug Gendry.

TC 11. Gilly's status as Sister/Aunt to all the White Walkers will be important and possibly save the day at some point. In the books, her baby (the one still at the wall) will be important too. In the show, I don't think he will be
Old 05-02-2019, 10:13 AM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

Emilia Clark says Episode 5 is even bigger than the Battle of Winterfell.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:41 AM

One idea that I have been thinking of is that the Night King is somehow related to the Targaryens. White hair, can ride a dragon, survives fire. All Targaryen traits. I'm not sure how the connection could play out though.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:53 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgato View Post
One idea that I have been thinking of is that the Night King is somehow related to the Targaryens. White hair, can ride a dragon, survives fire. All Targaryen traits. I'm not sure how the connection could play out though.
All the other White Walkers have white hair, and at least one other was seen walking through fire unharmed. Wights, including wight dragons, are under the complete control of the one who reanimated them.. It's established that the Night King was a First Man and was created about 8000 years ago, before the rise of the Vallyrians. The Targaryens have been in Westeros only about 400 years.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:37 AM

I would like to see something like a meteor strike wiping out all the major players. That would be very unexpected for most fans. Sam would be left alive and it would show that he wrote this entire story.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:33 PM

I haven't read the books yet, but I've studied the online maps. How many of those locations are mentioned in any detail?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:45 AM

A final check-in before the last episode. I'm really not doing well at all. As before, I've added some of my later explanations to the original predictions so we can judge the accuracy.

Came true:

zilch

Half true:

TC 3. Danaerys will show her Father's influence before it is all over. When she does, Tyrion and Varys will turn on her, and support Jon as the new leader. But I don't think Danaerys will be humiliated or crushed, I just think she will lose Tyrion's and Varys's support for the throne. It may be though, that when we finally learn what she means by " . . . break the wheel" this will all be moot.

TC 12. I really want a scene in which Sansa recognizes Tyrion's worth, and thanks him for protecting her/refusing to hurt her. I'd especially like for her to fall in love with him, but I'm not greedy. I think he winds up making her queen

Sansa is the smartest, the strongest, and the most strategic of all of them though. She is everything her father was, and all the things he wasn't.

Still in play:

TC 4. Sansa will actually wind up in charge of the Kingdom.

TC 9. The Greyjoy's castle will fall into the sea.

False or Impossible now:
TC 1. Remember when Melisandre told Varys that she had to die in Westeros, just like him? The look on his face? I think that was part of what he heard from the demon flames as a child. I think the rest of that prediction will turn out to be the common thread of every story in Westeros.

I'm particularly pissed off about this one. We are never to find out what the dem voice in the flames said? Really?

TC 2. The Night's King is a double agent, just as Jon was with the Wildlings. He will have come to respect the White Walkers, but will help Jon destroy them just the same.

TC 5. Tormond and Jamie will get into a scrape competing to be the one to die for/protect Brienne.

TC 6. Ned Stark will come back from the dead; he will be like a wight, but loyal to Winterfell, not the Night's King. (possibly both if that's appropriate.)

TC 7. The Hound will kill the Mountain, but as an act of mercy, not of revenge.

TC 8. Jon will stick one of the ice-made swords into Melisandre's breast, and it will come out glowing -> Lightbringer.

TC 10. In their first reunion, Arya runs past Jon to hug Gendry.

TC 11. Gilly's status as Sister/Aunt to all the White Walkers will be important and possibly save the day at some point. In the books, her baby (the one still at the wall) will be important too. In the show, I don't think he will be