Old 05-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

May you rant on.

Mini-rant the first: My vacation began at exactly 17:30 Saturday, April 27. Because I don't want to pay outrageously high prices for travel, the actual vacation (i.e. travel) doesn't begin until May 2.

Mini-rant the second: I'm still getting "stop the hate" bigoted nonsense on Facebook from relatives.

Mini-rant the third: The bigoted nonsense has two hashtags. The first is #stopthehate and the second is #Americafirst. Wow. Nice job on emulating neo-Nazis.

Mini-rant the fourth, part the first: In two days, I'll be inundated with clowns wishing me "Happy Star Wars Day".
Mini-rant the fourth, part the second: I fucking hated that movie. I do not like Star Wars. If you actually know me, then you should already know that.
Mini-rant the fourth, part the third: May 4th is not "May the Force", you morons.

Mini-rant the fifth: I signed up with an electric scooter share service in Beijing. Mostly it's wonderful. The parts that aren't wonderful are the selfish scum who lock the fucking scooter up with their own locks or even lock the things up inside a shed, shop, or some other enclosure which the paying public can't enter without breaking some laws, and, of course, those folks who vandalize the things so that the paying public end up walking some distance because the app says there's a working scooter at a particular place but i reality it's some brand new piece of modern art instead of a functioning machine.

Last edited by Monty; 05-01-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Got to the college campus a little early to do some prep work for today's classes. The closest parking lot is barricaded, so I need to drive to the distant lot and walk an extra three minutes (no biggie). No explanation given for the closure, so I started a rumor by telling my students that it's the end-of-the-semester party and that's where they're putting up the Ferris wheel and cotton candy machines (as if!).

Also the hallway monitors, when working, don't show the right time. It's not like they're exactly an hour off, more like a hour and 22 minutes off. Bizarre and confusing.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Any place that serves soup should be required to have crackers. I'm looking at you Olga's and Olive Garden.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Fresh bread works okay for me. But there is something comforting about cellophane wrapped saltines with a bowl of diner soup.

Chowder and chili need oyster crackers.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 05-01-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:37 AM

Excellent thread title

I have no rants. Or rather, I have too many rants and I can't collate them sensibly so I'll just sit here and mutter under my breath.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Chowder and chili need oyster crackers.
Ever since I had cornbread made with jalapeños, that's the only thing I'll eat with chili.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
Excellent thread title

I have no rants. Or rather, I have too many rants and I can't collate them sensibly so I'll just sit here and mutter under my breath.
That's fine, as long as you mutter into a microphone so we can get an audio file or a transcript.

Oh, we're going to need that by end of business day, if that's possible, with a copy to HR and one to MPSIMS, thanks.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:27 AM

At 2:30 a.m. my brain screamed "TIME TO WAKE UP!" 7 hours later and I'm trying to stay awake at work. Fuck you brain!
Old 05-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Ever since I had cornbread made with jalapeños, that's the only thing I'll eat with chili.
Some people swear by it, but to me chili is Southwest and cornbread is Southeast. I hate that kind of culture clash.

You know what I really hate, though? Bowed bass solos on jazz albums. I have a strict “no Slam Stewart” policy here because he was partial to them, but every once in a while some other bass player will dig out a bow and start sawing away. Use your fingers like god intended, asshole.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

This morning's commute.
I'm in the left lane about a 1.5 car lengths behind the car in front of me. Rush hour traffic is packed.
Guy in the right lane decides that 1.5 is the perfect place to put his car and pulls in front of me. It's packed so I'm not really pissed.
Guy then decides that it's best to make a gap 12.5 car lengths in front of him as traffic to my right happily whisks by.

I want to burn his villages and kill his peasants.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Some people swear by it, but to me chili is Southwest and cornbread is Southeast. I hate that kind of culture clash.

You know what I really hate, though? Bowed bass solos on jazz albums. I have a strict “no Slam Stewart” policy here because he was partial to them, but every once in a while some other bass player will dig out a bow and start sawing away. Use your fingers like god intended, asshole.
trying....to wrap....my head....around the thought of a jazz fan who has "ukulele" in his screen name.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Not really a rant, but it was fucking stupid for Twitter to ban Harry Turtledove because he called somebody a Nazi.

It's been lifted, and Harry told me it was probably an algorithm, but it's still fucking stupid.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:57 AM

How people use the word 'problematic' has been bothering me more and more recently. There is nothing wrong with being pissed off for any reason, but declaring something 'problematic' seems to be used as a statement of fact that a thing is wrong and other people should be upset but the speaker doesn't accept the responsibility to specifically state why. Or their vague declaration is meant to beg other people to ask why and give them the opportunity to shower the internet with their wokeness.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Mini-rant the fourth, part the first: In two days, I'll be inundated with clowns wishing me "Happy Star Wars Day".
Mini-rant the fourth, part the second: I fucking hated that movie. I do not like Star Wars. If you actually know me, then you should already know that.
Mini-rant the fourth, part the third: May 4th is not "May the Force", you morons.
Closed off, your mind is. Receptive to the Force you must become. Give in to hate, you must not.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:37 AM

Yeah! My mom is becoming politically active!
Boo! She's completely wrong and will not listen to facts!
She received a letter from her electric company strongly suggesting she contact her lawmakers to vote against renewable energy. She's all in! She's read the letter to me three times now. It says, honest to whatever, that solar energy means you can't watch your TV at night and wind power means no laundry when there's not wind. I tried explaining to her that's not how it works, but I know nothing. I read to her from scientific sites. Oh, people lie on the internet.
She asked me to print off some form letters for her to mail to her legislators. I did.
I changed vote against to vote for. Hope she doesn't read them thoroughly.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDog View Post
trying....to wrap....my head....around the thought of a jazz fan who has "ukulele" in his screen name.
Look up “Cliff Edwards” on your Spotify account.

Not only did he invent scat singing BEFORE Louis Armstrong, but many of his ‘20s recordings are attributed to “Ukulele Ike and his Hot Combination,” with cornet, trombone, brass bass, piano, and drums.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Two, two, two rants in one!
I'm in the midst of selling my condo, having taken up residence with my fiancee a few months ago.

1) The closing has been postponed three times now. Each time, I've had to call the power company and my homeowner's insurer to postpone the cancellation of coverage and service. The three delays have been because the lending bank had not cleared to close. They finally did the day before yesterday, and the buyer had her walk-through last night, for an anticipated closing today. Hurrah!

Except her agent called my agent last night (9ish!) to delay the closing until ... the tub drains faster. I listed the unit as-is. They had the inspection a few weeks ago, and I presume the inspector opened every water tap to see how the water flows and drains.

So my agent goes to the unit last night at 10pm, because he has the only set of keys left (I gave all mine to my attorney so I wouldn't have to attend the closing) and plunged the tub. He then sent me, and presumably buyer's agent, cellphone video of the tub draining.

And he had to go to the unit again today to meet the buyer and her agent because they insisted the problem isn't fixed. If this is actually about a slow-draining tub, I'm the Czar of all the Russias. But why they actually want to delay closing, I can't fathom. It can't be the buyer's agent, who's making more off the deal than my agent, who's going above and beyond (plunging a tub at 10pm!) to keep this deal on-track. I'm on fucking pins and needles, alternating between worry and frustrated anger!

2) After well and truly moving out of my condo, I had my mail forwarded to my fiancee's home where I live now. Way back on April 12. I receive my monthly commuter-train pass by mail, and it's never failed to arrive before the first of the month. Until now. I have received some forwarded mail at my new address, and it's well past the 7-10 days the Postal Service said it would take to receive forwarded mail. So I had to buy a ten-ride ticket to get to work the last couple of days despite my monthly pass being already fucking paid for.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

What I really hate is basses that CAN'T be played with a bow.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
What I really hate is basses that CAN'T be played with a bow.
Cello cover of Wicked Game. David Chen: cello, Annie Jantzer: vocals
Old 05-02-2019, 03:43 PM

I'm fucking sick to death of Queen. It's everywhere now, since just before that shit movie came out. I can't escape it. TV commercials, radio, music channels.

Can we give this tired shit a rest already? Honestly, the vast majority of it sucked when first released.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

I'm annoyed at my post office. Which is not a new thing.

But the recent issue is over having my mail forwarded while I was out of town. When I requested to have it forwarded to my friend's house, they quite reasonably asked for my friend's address.

However, when I went in this week to ask them to stop forwarding my mail and resume delivering it to my home, they told me I needed to provide them with my friend's address again.

Why? I'm asking for the mail that is addressed to me to be delivered to me. There's no reason for them to need another address so they can not deliver mail there.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
I'm fucking sick to death of Queen. It's everywhere now, since just before that shit movie came out. I can't escape it. TV commercials, radio, music channels.

Can we give this tired shit a rest already? Honestly, the vast majority of it sucked when first released.
Don't worry. A couple of months from now, it'll all be Elton John.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Had a hail storm. BOO!

Got a check for $9k for a new roof! YAY!

Check was made out incorrectly - it has my wife's name on it, but she is not on the mortgage. Bank... another co-payee on the check... won't accept it. BOO!

Call the insurance company. Their suggestion? "Are you planning on divorcing your wife? Because we have to make out the check to who is on the policy, including her, and we can't just remove her from the policy without reason." BOO!

(They also suggest that I write "Void" all over the check, which I did.)

Then I go back to the bank, find someone with real authority, and they are like "Yeah, our original advice was stupid, we can endorse it." YAY!

Except... on the advice of the insurance carrier... I have the word "void" written all over this thing. BOO!

So I have to take the check in tomorrow to my agent so he can verify that the damn thing was turned in and destroyed, before I can get a new check cut. FUCK!

Last edited by JohnT; 05-02-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:34 PM

I've been awake for going on about 40 hours right now and I still can't get to sleep. Fun.

ETA: If Fight-Clubs start popping up in New England, it may very well be me and my alter ego.

Last edited by Jack Batty; 05-02-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
Excellent thread title

Thanks. I do what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
At 2:30 a.m. my brain screamed "TIME TO WAKE UP!" 7 hours later and I'm trying to stay awake at work. Fuck you brain!

Every evening, my wife insists I go to sleep aroind ten. Of course I wake up before six. Why? The bodvis done sleeping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post
How people use the word 'problematic' has been bothering me more and more recently. There is nothing wrong with being pissed off for any reason, but declaring something 'problematic' seems to be used as a statement of fact that a thing is wrong and other people should be upset but the speaker doesn't accept the responsibility to specifically state why. Or their vague declaration is meant to beg other people to ask why and give them the opportunity to shower the internet with their wokeness.

Hmm. That could be problematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
Closed off, your mind is. Receptive to the Force you must become. Give in to hate, you must not.

So...the "force" has a speech impediment?
Old 05-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Fuck with your head, too many midichlorians do.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
If Frank Oz's hand up your ass you had, funny you would speak, too.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:26 PM

I've never liked any of you. There. Good. Finally. It's like a great weight's been lifted.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:54 PM

I mentioned in another thread that I had ordered a replacement battery for my Kindle Paperwhite. It seemed like a smart and economical move compared to buying a whole new Kindle. Would you like to hear how this is going? Sure you would!

I received it yesterday. It's the wrong fucking battery. Here I note, in the spirit of two rants in one, that whoever at Amazon decided it was a good idea for the Paperwhite 1 and Paperwhite 2 to use batteries that were exactly the same size and shape, had exactly the same mounting screwholes and exactly the same specs, but had a different number of electrical contacts that were differently aligned, such person needs to have BOTH batteries rammed up their ass sideways.

I sent an email to the support address telling them what happened, and meanwhile, continuing my policy of making only smart and economical moves (that needs to be read with the appropriate bitter sarcasm), I ordered another battery from a different place that was actually cheaper, and that seemed much more careful about specifying the exact part number they were selling. I figured it was more important to get the right battery, and sort out getting a refund from the first place later.

Then I get an email from the first place going "we're so sorry, and we're sending you the right battery right away". They don't even want the wrong one back. So now that complicates my plan of getting a refund. Meanwhile the other one I ordered is already on its way. So I'm probably going to end up with no less than three Kindle batteries, one of which is useless to me and the third of which is entirely unneeded. Perhaps, in the time-honored tradition of lithium-polymer batteries, one of them will explode while in storage and set fire to my house.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
No kidding. I'm not totally sick of him... yet. His catalog is a little deeper, so hopefully they will spread it around.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Not really a rant, but it was fucking stupid for Twitter to ban Harry Turtledove because he called somebody a Nazi.

It's been lifted, and Harry told me it was probably an algorithm, but it's still fucking stupid.
Heh. That algorithm would have conniptions about attempts to discuss about half of Harry's work...
Old 05-03-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Oh GOD NO.

Quick, someone make a bio of Bowie.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Oh GOD NO.

Quick, someone make a bio of Bowie.
I've got a good title. It has to be Ziggy Stardust, of course.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Ok, but 2/2/22 is a Tuesday. I hope we can all get on board with that.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:55 AM

It's almost 1 a.m. here, and after reading this thread, I'm craving chili and cornbread. And I don't even like chili--at least, not the kind with beans in it. I hate beans.

I was setting up automatic payment for my rent. Somehow I must have clicked on "Submit" twice, because the management company withdrew the monthly rent twice on the same day. I would like to get one month's rent back, please. Management: No can do, but hey, you won't have to pay next month. Why can't I get one rent payment back? "System won't allow it." Right. I was kind of hoping to be able to eat between now and June 1st. Maybe chili (sans beans).

Last edited by nelliebly; 05-03-2019 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Like a candle in the wind, old Reg.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:05 AM

I threw y'all a free line like this (bold newly added by yours truly):

Quote:

and nobody but nobody came up with this:

Quote:
Don't you mean "Mini-rant (May) the fourth"?

I tell you. The caliber of mocking OPs here is found wanting at times. What's become of us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Quote:

No kidding. I'm not totally sick of him... yet. His catalog is a little deeper, so hopefully they will spread it around.

Doesn't he campaign against that now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
Ok, but 2/2/22 is a Tuesday. I hope we can all get on board with that.

Come to think of it, I do enjoy me some Mel Tillis music. Interestingly enough, the anniversary of his death will fall on a Tuesday this year.

Last edited by Monty; 05-03-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

I just want to say...

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP DISSING ON ELTON JOHN, DAWGAMMIT!

Ever since y'all voted out Bach WAY TOO EARLY in my "greatest people in history thread" 7 years back, I've always looked askance at the Dope's preferential music choices. All this does is confirm that most of y'all just suck.

Last edited by JohnT; 05-03-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:54 AM

My son is 13 today! I'm so excited for him. The reason I'm ranting is that this weekend is turning into a shitstorm of activity for just everyone. He had 3 friends coming over this evening. One of them - his best friend - backed out yesterday. Apparently his family was given hockey playoff tickets unexpectedly and decided they wanted to go to that instead. I honestly was more annoyed than my son was; however, I get it. For anyone else, this would be a dick move. It's still kind of douchey, but...the dad has cancer and isn't expected to live for longer than another 5 years and hockey is a big, big deal to the whole family and the likelihood of them ever getting to do this together again is zero to none. So I'll indulge myself in a sulk and a mini-rant, but my initial "what the fuck" has worn off.

My other mini-rant is the shitstorm of activity. Originally this weekend was just my son's birthday. His buddies are coming over tonight, playing laser tag, eating garbage and passing out whenever and we were going to recover all day tomorrow. But, the end of the school year/beginning of summer has struck. Tomorrow is going to be a blur of softball tournaments, recitals and scouting activities (one of which my son will be missing today). Sunday, our "free" day, is now a clusterfuck of similar actitivies plus a lunch I was going to with friends. Ordinarily I wouldn't hope it'd rain, but it sure would be nice if that softball tournament wasn't in the way. We're gonna have to say no to something or someone is getting throatpunched.

My other, other mini-rant is that I worked from home so after my meetings I could clean and not have to deal with a commute. My husband, learning I'm working from home, has enthusiastically decided to join me. Fuck a duck, I wish he'd go to work. I have meetings from 9-1, and a sprinkling of meetings after. The man will be pestering me at 11 about what's for lunch and talking to me endlessly in between my phone calls and the whole point of me working from home was to have some damn peace and quiet to get shit done. Oh, well - at least I get to work from home sometime, right?
Old 05-03-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I just want to say...

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP DISSING ON ELTON JOHN, DAWGAMMIT!

Ever since y'all voted out Bach WAY TOO EARLY in my "greatest people in history thread" 7 years back, I've always looked askance at the Dope's preferential music choices. All this does is confirm that most of y'all just suck.
So... you're still trying to get over something in one of your threads on a messageboard seven years ago?

Now I feel better about my tendency to do that.

(But don't misunderstand me, you take the weight off of me...
Oh, honey when they knocked on my door, I quoted JohnT)
Old 05-03-2019, 09:26 AM

Trex, the wonder decking material, rots. Not sure how old our back deck is, but the Trex has a few soft spots that just barely support an adult footstep. What brought this to my attention was when a soft spot gave way under my ladder a month and a half ago, dropping me 15 feet onto the deck and fucking up my right elbow (bone stick out!). It's all put back together and healing fine I guess but it still fukkin hurts, I can't extend my arm all the way and I can't turn palm upwards. Awesome 8-inch ORIF scar, though. Having a daughter draw me a tattoo proposal to cover it next year. Looking like we'll be going with Marceline the vampire queen wailing on her axe, and sporting a centipede body.

I'm down to just two 18 year old boys (and The Missus) living in the house. Think they can be troubled to do any work around the house? Clean up after themselves? Maybe tear off the rotten Trex and lay down some new stuff? Naw, not without someone standing by with a whip. One's all set to move out in a couple months so that's cool. The last one though, who isn't my crazy one--he grew up & moved out in February, he may never leave.

And I don't even want to get started on the goddamned dogs. I loathe the dogs.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
A channel in Canada is marking Saturday with a Star Trek Mayathon.

I'm laughing hysterically.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
So... you're still trying to get over something in one of your threads on a messageboard seven years ago?

Now I feel better about my tendency to do that.

(But don't misunderstand me, you take the weight off of me...
Oh, honey when they knocked on my door, I quoted JohnT)
Well, it was actually 9 years ago, but... YEAH!
Old 05-03-2019, 01:37 PM

I may rant in May. I'm painting a mural at the library children's room. It's a loverly scene from 'Charlottes Web'. First, I'm doing this free. Second I had to buy the white paint. Lady librarian didn't think white was necessary since the wall is white. What?
Third, this is the big bad one, I haven't been able to paint but 2 days. The library has a room they use for community meetings ( Kiwanis and Rotary type things). I can't paint those days. Lady librarian called me today, she wanted to make sure the mural is done before school is out. "Well, not sure. I need time to paint. I cannot finish if I'm not allowed in." Bitch. (I didn't say bitch to her, coz I'm nice.) She's gonna see about getting me in on Sundays when the library is closed. Oh, great! Now I get to ruin a Sunday. Thanks, lady.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 05-03-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

That's pretty cool, Beck! Can we see it when it's done?
Old 05-03-2019, 03:49 PM

I've been having a particularly shitty past couple of months - as down as I've ever been - but I'm feeling so much better about a lot of things just for having made some positive moves. So I want to indulge myself with 1st world problem rant. It'll make me feel better than dwelling on my actual problems. So ...

I think my band is breaking up and I'm unhappy about that. Unfortunately it's just a function of trying to keep a band together when all the members are over 50 and have day jobs. We only do about ten or so gigs a year - little 45 minute sets, usually with a couple other bands in tow. But we haven't performed in months and we have nothing lined up. Worse, we haven't practiced as a full band in over a month. Three weeks in a row now we've scheduled a practice only to have had to cancel for one reason or another.

Our old drummer wasn't working out - he wanted more star-time and, frankly, his songs kind of sucked, so we got a new guy in who is a-fucking-mazing. Best drummer I've ever played with. But he's also in a wedding band that makes actual scratch. We've already had to back out of a gig that would have been awesome. It was for a promotional event at a local brewery - we have an in and we performed there last year and it went great guns.

Not to mention that our lead guitarist is also in another working band and that has caused a cancellation or two as well. It sucks because I can't really blame the other guys for their commitments. I really like them on a personal level as well as playing with them, it just sucks to be the other band they play in.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:30 PM

My neighbour is leaving for some appointment, but her mother is last in the driveway. So they gotta switch the cars. They are doing this as I pull onto to my street to come home. And they decide to stop in the middle, driver's side to driver's side, and have a conversation. While I'm waiting. Perfectly visible to both of them. Do they acknowledge my presence? No. Do they give give me the "one minute" finger? No. They ignore me and just chatter away. Finally, mom pulls back into the driveway so I can go by. And I guess the neighbour doesn't like the look I give her as I go by.

So as soon as I'm out of the car it's all "What's your fucking problem!!??" I say "Oh, I dunno, a lack of basic respect?", and she goes full tilt apeshit, screaming god know what (I'm getting my groceries out of the car and can't hear her). At the end she's yelling about how her husband is coming over in five minutes and then I'm going to be sorry. I said "You know where I live, I'll be happy to talk to him".

It's been an hour and I'm starting to think he's not coming. Which is weird because I'm about the least imposing looking individual you'd ever see. Guess we'll find out if I'm getting my ass kicked eventually.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I may rant in May. I'm painting a mural at the library children's room. It's a loverly scene from 'Charlottes Web'. First, I'm doing this free. Second I had to buy the white paint. Lady librarian didn't think white was necessary since the wall is white. What?
Third, this is the big bad one, I haven't been able to paint but 2 days. The library has a room they use for community meetings ( Kiwanis and Rotary type things). I can't paint those days. Lady librarian called me today, she wanted to make sure the mural is done before school is out. "Well, not sure. I need time to paint. I cannot finish if I'm not allowed in." Bitch. (I didn't say bitch to her, coz I'm nice.) She's gonna see about getting me in on Sundays when the library is closed. Oh, great! Now I get to ruin a Sunday. Thanks, lady.
Your patience with "lady librarian" is ... something. At some point patience when dealing with morons transitions from being a virtue to being a fault. "I need this wall mural done ASAP, for free, and by the way you're not allowed in"? Nice. I probably would have told the lady librarian to fuck right off and do it herself at around step #2. I may or may not have dumped a can of paint on her head on my way out.

Wait, this is a small community where everyone knows everyone else and you have to be nice to each other, right? OK, I would have told lady librarian to fuck right off, nicely.

Still, I'm sure that your conscience and goodwill will make sure the mural for the children's room is finished. Just make sure to add a distinctive feature to it celebrating the lady librarian by depicting someone who looks vaguely like her perfoming an unnatural act, preferably with a goat. Trust me, the children will be delighted.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jack Batty @46:. So, you’re not the drummer or the lead guitar in the band. Are you okay with getting so much less pussy?
Old 05-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Your patience with "lady librarian" is ... something. At some point patience when dealing with morons transitions from being a virtue to being a fault. "I need this wall mural done ASAP, for free, and by the way you're not allowed in"? Nice. I probably would have told the lady librarian to fuck right off and do it herself at around step #2. I may or may not have dumped a can of paint on her head on my way out.

Wait, this is a small community where everyone knows everyone else and you have to be nice to each other, right? OK, I would have told lady librarian to fuck right off, nicely.

Still, I'm sure that your conscience and goodwill will make sure the mural for the children's room is finished. Just make sure to add a distinctive feature to it celebrating the lady librarian by depicting someone who looks vaguely like her perfoming an unnatural act, preferably with a goat. Trust me, the children will be delighted.
Well, the pig has human facial features in my version. Yep, I'll finish and on time. I always do. As far as seeing her, she's kinda related to me, alas.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 05-03-2019 at 07:43 PM.