Old 05-06-2019, 12:53 PM

Netflix series: Dead to Me - Season 1. Open spoilers after the first post.

This thread is to discuss "Dead to Me", a Netflix original program starring Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini, and James Marsden. The premise of the show (it's in their commercial, so I don't consider it a spoiler) is that Applegate's husband was killed by a hit and run driver and season one revolves around her efforts to find the driver.

That's all for the OP.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:05 PM

So I binge watched the whole first season yesterday. I loved the dark humor, which I think that both Applegate and Cardellini pull off perfectly. I can't quite put my finger on the vibe that the show gives me but I really like it. It was a little predictable once it was disclosed that Jen had killed Ted. I did not see the death of Steve nor Abe coming.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

Rescuing this dying thread. Just finished the series, which was very well acted. Cardellini is an excellent actor, and has completely shaken off her Mad Men persona. Applegate has turned out to be more than just a flavor of the month actress. Love the dark humor and the plot twists. I'm assuming that this is a one-and-done series, as it would be completely improbably that either one or both of the women would escape imprisonment.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:32 PM

I finished watching the season last night (watched four episodes) and really loved it. As a Freaks & Geeks fan, it was great to see "Lindsay" again, albeit in a bit more loopy state of mind. Both Linda Cardellini and Christina Applegate are terrific, but so is the show's writing, casting, etc. I kinda wish James Marsden's character was still around for Season 2, though. He added a lot to the show, also.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
I finished watching the season last night (watched four episodes) and really loved it. As a Freaks & Geeks fan, it was great to see "Lindsay" again, albeit in a bit more loopy state of mind. Both Linda Cardellini and Christina Applegate are terrific, but so is the show's writing, casting, etc. I kinda wish James Marsden's character was still around for Season 2, though. He added a lot to the show, also.
Last I saw, the creators weren't yet committed to a S2.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:57 PM

Saw it and liked it. I liked the three main leads for sure and I was surprised at the ending though the episode did build to that. A few nice twists and some dark humor along the way as well. Maybe Marsden can be back in flashbacks or maybe the shooting is of an "unreliable narrator" variety but both sound kind of cheesey of the bat.
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM

Just finished it. Loved it. I could tell it was a quality product right from the get-go.

I'm not sure what more they could do with the story that would be interesting, so I'm feeling that this is it. Especially since we weren't left with a cliff-hangy ending.

Unresolved: What was Nicks psychiatric issue?

mmm