Old 05-13-2019, 05:21 AM

Bell ringing MMP

My friend gets a really cool honor this week; gets to be on the platform to ring the opening bell at the NYSE.

Pre-hijack questions:
1. Other than a door, what bells have you rung?
2. What cool honors have you received/done?
Old 05-13-2019, 05:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Bells - my mom didn't yell for us when we were kids - she had a bell outside the back door that she'd ring when she wanted us to come a'runnin'. Even tho it was verboten, I used to ring it occasionally. We have a similar bell outside our garage door (or at least we did - I haven't checked lately) and I've rung that. And of course, in the olden days, phones had bells instead of ringtones, and I set off my share of them As for cool honors, I can't think of any at the moment.

It rained all day yesterday and all night and it's still raining. By the time I can get around to mowing the grass, it'll be hip-high! But that's a future worry. I'll start my day by tidying up the shop so we can work in a bit more order. Once FCD gets back from his various morning errands, I'll help finish the wiring.

I've also got to build a couple of meatloaves - one for supper and one for the freezer. And if I have any energy left, I may actually dust the living room!

Happy Moanday!
Old 05-13-2019, 05:44 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:58 AM

I know you said other than doorbells, but...

We live in a house that is 145 years old. We lived here for about 2 years before I realized the thing that looks sort of like a skeleton key on the front door is, in fact, a doorbell that you turn to make it ring! I was like a little kid playing with it after I figured that out. I even made a video to send to my husband to show him, too!

This week shall be interesting. We are short one person and my boss is going out of town Wednesday on a trip that he already had planned.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and already caffeinated, so no *YAWN*. 'Tis 71 Amurrkin out, cloudy, and hyooooooooomid, with a predicted high of 83 and either mostly or partly cloudy for the day. TWPTB is bein' willy-nilly on that. Today bein' Moanday, I shall spiff da cave (actually already started as I have dusted bedrooms). Tonight is Vestry meetin' at which we shall sup. We shall meet at a member's home this evenin'. Thus OYKW is on his own to sup. Fear not as he has a wealth of foodstuffs on hand at da cave plus all kinds of takeout available. I could go over to the church house and pickup fallen limbs (dang pee-kahn trees) but probably won't.

As to bell ringin', I was the first person to ring the bell in the new church buildin'. OK, maybe it was not exactly and honor, cause I had ush duty that Sunday and that is an ush duty, but still I was the first. Plus also, I was the first one that got to say "bring out your dead" every time the bell went *dong*. I spent a considerable amount of time on a farm owned by an aunt and uncle growin' up. There was a bell that was rung to summons folks to come in when it was time to eat. I sometimes did that and loved ringin' that bell.

Rumbly tummy says it's time to feed. Then, onward into the day!

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 05-13-2019, 06:48 AM

I've rung church bells in a couple of places. You pull a huge rope to do it.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:17 AM

As a Brownie (junior branch of Girl Guides, British version of Girl Scouts), I got to ring the traditional church bells once- a set of those huge heavy ones where if you don't let go, you leave the ground (especially at that age), which according to Wiki were cast in 1912. Also a few years ago I spent an evening ringing a smaller church bell as part of a weird walking play thingummy, which was also pretty cool, but not as impressive.

Having a decidedly fuzzy brain day- the meds I got for my eczema last week are pretty much working to clear up my skin, but unlike last time I took the stuff, this time the insomnia side effect is kicking in, and they're playing merry hell with my sleep patterns, leaving me pretty well exhausted half the day. I was planning on heading to the tiny plant place today, but got as far as driving out of town then decided that nope, driving for an hour was just not a good plan right now, so went to the shops then came home instead. I can go on Wednesday, by which point I'll be tapering off the meds, so it hopefully will be a bit better. It's just annoying 'cos as well as the stuff I like doing, I need to go discuss things for this possible job (the person who's leaving wanted to do a proper intro and chat about the place, to check I really know what's involved and am OK taking over), and I don't want to look like a flake, though they did say either day would be fine, just drop by next time I'm there...

Luckily that and revision are pretty much all I have planned for this week, though the fuzzy brain ain't helping much with revision either. On the other hand, anything I can stick in my brain today will probably stay there.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

My sis posted her first pic from Edinburgh - from a pub. Big surprise.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:31 AM

Morning all.

Can't recall ringing any bells right off the bat. I've see the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, but they wouldn't let me ring it, and I ran into a tree limb while playing backyard football at 11 and had my bell rung pretty good, but I don't think they qualify.

Can't think of any honors worth mentioning either--got the usual awards one collects over the years, but nothing of 'stand up and be honored' type. Guess I'm the sort that works in the shadows.

57F this morning, only going to 70 today, but should be back in the 80's by the weekend. N.O.S. outside and the rain is gone.

Major project this week will be mowing, probably Wednesday.

Nut, hope medicine works and interview goes well.

Sticky Buns! Great story, stick around the MMP awhile.

Spidey, a friend of yours? At the NYSE? I predict disaster.

OK, everybody have a good week.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:36 AM

Happy Moonday!

It's is wet, rainy, and chilly outside.
I finally broke down and turned the heat back on.
This entire week looks to be wet and it won't get out of the 50s for the next few days.

As soon as I woke this morning my son was right there to tell me bad news. I thought something horrible had happened but it's just that he had a date wrong and his Ethics Final is due tonight. He's worried because he has no idea what to expect.

Other than door bells and dinger bells on counters, I haven't rung any bells.
Which by the way, thank you very much for the earworm, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBak0oCgdY Spidey. You're on my list now.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:24 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I've finished my morning chores - vacuumed, cleaned the cat box, tidied the shop, loaded the dishwasher, and made the appointment to get our a/c serviced for the season. Now I'm waiting for FCD to come home so we can get back to work in the shop.

It's miserable out there - I had to wear a hoodie!! BRRRRRR!!
Old 05-13-2019, 08:44 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
I've rung church bells in a couple of places. You pull a huge rope to do it.
"This is Elizabeth. My favorite! She made me deaf, you know."
Old 05-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Today I celebrate my 72nd orbit of the sun. I think fried chicken and waffles at a local purveyor of same is in order. Then I'll slip into a coma for an hour.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

I received my Medicare card in the mail today. Thus has the United States government officially declared me to be an Olde Pharte. Well, as of July 1st.

And now this...

<AHEM> CLEARIN' THROAT <AHEM>

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR CCCHHHEEEFFF!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Old 05-13-2019, 10:14 AM

Happy Birthday Cookie I hope you have a great day. Blurf. Just came from Publix where I got a hot sub. It's OK I guess. Happy New Week.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-13-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:29 AM

ohhhhhhh I am getting angrier by the moment

So I want to call mdcaps. No number in the email, but there is an email address. I sent off an email and it comes back that the address is incorrect. I used THEIR link!
So I find the number and call, have to listen to too many minutes of bullshit, finally get the option to talk to a person and they are all in a staff meeting and not available.

I am worried that the email may be a scam, however, the email is in his account online.
So most likely, as per usual, the state of md is a fucked up mess of incompetence.

I shouldn't be surprised, I used to work for the state.

Happy Birthday Cookie!
Old 05-13-2019, 10:31 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Pre-hijack questions:
1. Other than a door, what bells have you rung?
2. What cool honors have you received/done?
a) Quite a few actually. Besides being in a bell choir for a while I have had the chance to ring several large tower bells at various churches. A few were substantial enough that I could "ride the rope". My favorite, while not the largest, was the one at Dollywood in celebration of a wedding there.

b) A few less of those and what I would call smaller ones. I got to drop one of the checker flag at Daytona back when folks actually cared about the races and not just the drinking. And I got to basically start several of the 250th Anniversary battles of the F&I War. None actually have a strong place in my memories though. One I would like though is someday firing off the starting cannon for one of the major yacht races like the America's Cup or the like. Especially if they would let me bring my own cannon to do it with.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:44 AM
born to be shunned

Chef!!!!!!!! May it be fantastic and with many more to come!
Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Happy Cookie Day!!

It's my cousin Connie's b-day also. She's 75. When did we all get so old????

Lunch break. We pulled the last of the machine wires - all that remain are the wires to the plugs, and those are easy. When I was feeding in the last big bundle of big wires, my hand slipped and there was blood. Just a little cut on my left pinkie, but enough that there were drips of blood on the floor. The bandaid is all red, but at least it's not dripping.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:35 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Happy Cookie Day!!

It's my cousin Connie's b-day also. She's 75. When did we all get so old????
YMMV but for me it was the turn of the century.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

I've been in several bell choirs at churches I've attended. As one of the few members of those choirs who (a) was under the age of 50, and (b) was bigger than 5'2", I usually wound up playing the big bells.

During the '90s, i spent my summer weekends working at the local Renaissance Faire, at my friends' blacksmith shop. We sold a *lot* of triangles (a.k.a. dinner bells), and we always had a very large triangle (at least 2 feet on a side) hanging in front of the shop -- I ran that big "bell" a lot.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

I hereby declare da cave to be sanitary. Also, I reupped my Dope membership for two years. You may all rest assured my witty, erudite, and pointless postin' will continue.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks and Scones View Post
I know you said other than doorbells, but...

We live in a house that is 145 years old. We lived here for about 2 years before I realized the thing that looks sort of like a skeleton key on the front door is, in fact, a doorbell that you turn to make it ring! I was like a little kid playing with it after I figured that out. I even made a video to send to my husband to show him, too!
We have one of those doorbells too. The grandkids love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Having a decidedly fuzzy brain day- the meds I got for my eczema last week are pretty much working to clear up my skin, but unlike last time I took the stuff, this time the insomnia side effect is kicking in, and they're playing merry hell with my sleep patterns, leaving me pretty well exhausted half the day.
That ointment I mentioned earlier is working pretty well for my eczema, but I'm curious to know what your meds are. If you don't mind, of course. Though I don't think I need any more insomnia.

Quote:
Not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Today I celebrate my 72nd orbit of the sun. I think fried chicken and waffles at a local purveyor of same is in order. Then I'll slip into a coma for an hour.
You're only a few days ahead of me. And here I was thinking I was the oldest person in here. Though I'm not so sure about that Ruble guy.

Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Lunch break. We pulled the last of the machine wires - all that remain are the wires to the plugs, and those are easy. When I was feeding in the last big bundle of big wires, my hand slipped and there was blood. Just a little cut on my left pinkie, but enough that there were drips of blood on the floor. The bandaid is all red, but at least it's not dripping.
Did you get all the blood off the floor, or will you have to tear the shop down and start over?

We had a loverly Mommy's day yesterday. I poop scooped the back yard and mowed while Wifey and TheGirlChildTM went kayaking. Then we cooked a rack of pork ribs and a cut up chickie on our new barbie and GirlChild and her hubby helped us eat them. Along with home made potato salad (Yum!), corn onna cob, and watermelon.
Life is good.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:21 PM

Happy Birthday Cookie!!

Have consumed my usual Moanday JJ's sammich and done a little shopping for veggies, so chillin' until soccer practice this afternoon.

FCM, growing old is mandatory; it's growing up that's optional...and hope your pinkie is ok.

Sari, hope the runaround stops running around; sounds like you're getting to the 'don't make me come over there' level of P/O/'ed.

ruble said:
Quote:
One I would like though is someday firing off the starting cannon for one of the major yacht races like the America's Cup or the like. Especially if they would let me bring my own cannon to do it with.
They want to start the boats, not sink them...

Nappage seems to be a good idea...and I'm not one to let a good idea pass me by. See all y'all later.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:18 PM

well yesterday went well we had mango and pineapple ham..... but I and my procrastinating got in the way... I should of done the dishes and I meant to but just didn't happen so aunt was irritated about that tis a fault of mine I see something I know I should do and I plan on it and just don't do it ......

lol, slippery sometimes I need a nap 10 minutes after i wake up ...... but naps here are verboten......one must be productive to exist ....
Old 05-13-2019, 02:24 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

We've quit playing electrician for today. FCD installed 4 fuse boxes (one per machine) and I wired 3 of them. He also ran conduit and installed 7 outlet boxes and I wired 6 of them. We both ran out of steam... and I've still got to build the meatloaf for supper. I's tahred!
Old 05-13-2019, 02:42 PM

Happy Cookie day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
That ointment I mentioned earlier is working pretty well for my eczema, but I'm curious to know what your meds are. If you don't mind, of course. Though I don't think I need any more insomnia.
Short course of oral steroids, ointment wasn't achieving anything any more. Not the first time it's got that bad (actually, I have had it worse) but it's never fun. It's weird though, it suddenly got like that after 2 years of it being almost totally fine, which is pretty much a record.

The rest of the day's activities turned into a nap, followed by dinner and children's cartoons as that's all I had the brainpower for, and now I think I'm heading back to bed. It's like someone's taken the batteries out.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Went for a mile hike (with a steep incline at the end) in a local park, then went for brunch. I opted for the huevos rancheros with smokey brisket instead of the waffles and chicken. Wifey had shrempfs & grits. Now it's coma time.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:20 PM

sticky, most of the houses in my neighborhood growing up had those doorbells. Ours was replaced with a wired one when I was still pretty young.

Happy birthday Cookie!

To answer the OP, I grew up with the doorbells mentioned above, there was a dinner bell at Grosie's house and another at my Uncle Roy's and most of the nuns who taught me had some kind of bell on their desk.

As far as being recognized, I actually got some Ace points today from one of the senior accountants in recognization of my getting the invoicing done for the regular people while they were out. There have been other recognizations, but that was teh most recent.

Today was rough. Not only was I covering for two people, but the two areas that were counted this week both had a bad month and instead of maybe a dozen or so counts on my desk, I got 90. Fortunately, one of the guys I'm covering is back tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Charter Member

Home from a nice dinner and a little bit too long of a meetin'. Some folks are in need of medication for diarrhea of the mouth.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:48 PM

swampy, I must needs fear that there is no cure except for ripping their vocal cords out for that disease...

Soccer practice went well, have 'scrimmage' games 2sDay and Hump Day and hope to have one Thorsday. Like Mickey's take care of dinner (not so much the sammiches as the fries) and internettin' is well under way.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. Made Honey Teriyaki Chicken with Five Spice rice and green beans witnh black bean garlic sauce. Watching Blues/Sharks hockey.

Quote:
If you go all the way to Ireland and you don't visit a pub....

Happy Birthdya Cookies!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post

If you go all the way to Ireland and you don't visit a pub....
I doubt she had a big enough night to move Edinburgh to Ireland, I feel sure I would have heard about it

Plan for the day is checking on the bees, planting some things in the allotment, and a chunk of revising plant diseases. Lets see how much of that happens.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:06 AM

For The Littlest Nephew, one of the highlights of visiting my mother is watching the bells being rung in the church across the alley. A few times when he's been sick he's been given a bell he could ring if he needed something: as his father says "so long as it only rings occasionally we know he's still in bad shape, poor kitten; when the frequency picks up, he's getting better."

Abuelita had a hotel-style bell that she'd give to sick people for the same use, I got to use it a lot when I was bedridden in her home for a couple of weeks after my tonsillectomy. Some of my noisiest and wiggliest cousins would occasionally be granted the boon of ringing the hotel bell if they managed to be reasonably quiet and still during all of lunch; one of them failed pretty much every time, but for several others it worked well.

1.Bro's family owns a house in a very small village, a family inheritance. Last summer at the feast of Corpus Christi the gent who opens the church and rings the bells before Mass was off sick, so several women dared to open the church themselves and ring the bells. The "ringing" is actually the playing of one of several recordings from big buttons on a panel. Big unlabeled buttons on a panel, oops: the first button turned out to be the funeral call, which is definitely inappropriate for a Corpus Christi High Mass. The buttons are now labelled.

Last edited by Nava; 05-14-2019 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:33 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
I hereby declare da cave to be sanitary. Also, I reupped my Dope membership for two years. You may all rest assured my witty, erudite, and pointless postin' will continue.
I did something like that. Well actually I had the OW do it so I'm not sure if its the membership or title or what. But whatever it is its done for 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post

ruble said: <snipped>

They want to start the boats, not sink them...
Hey -- I can always use a blank. I don't have to since everything I have is capable of live rounds. But I could.

Which reminds me -- there is a slight chance of a 12 pound Napoleon (since we mentioned him this week) in my future. Its dumb because it needs a trailer to move, a team of horses if I really wanted to field it properly, and I have no earthly desire to have said team and spend all the money needed. But --------- I could totally destroy a fort over a half-mile away. You never know when something like that could come in handy.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:35 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Last night was one of those wake-every-hour nights. I feel like Death on a Stale Cracker this morning. FCD got pulled for jury duty so he's not going to be able to work in his shop like he wanted. I just hope he doesn't get put on a lengthy trial - we've got a major move planned for Saturday...

Baby Engineer is in Norfolk, VA, today, so the office is all mine!!! Other than that, nothing exciting so far, but it is barely 6:30 in the AM, so lots can happen. Oh, yeah, and it was 49-freekin'-degrees in my yard this morning!

Happy Tuesday!
Old 05-14-2019, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 56 Amurrkin out and clear (I can see clearly now it's daylight) with a predicted high of 81 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. It's laundry day. Rah. I have no plans to leave da cave today. We shall see how that works out. Sup shall be my world famous Eyetalian chikin and what ever side vegetative matter I decide upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble
Which reminds me -- there is a slight chance of a 12 pound Napoleon (since we mentioned him this week) in my future. Its dumb because it needs a trailer to move, a team of horses if I really wanted to field it properly, and I have no earthly desire to have said team and spend all the money needed. But --------- I could totally destroy a fort over a half-mile away. You never know when something like that could come in handy.
It would come in handy to keep whippersnappers off'n your lawn.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 05-14-2019, 05:51 AM

Happy Toosday!

Another chilly, cloudy day, 48 degrees now, supposed to get up to 59.

I had a horrible night's sleep, too tired to be grumpy.
Today will be round 2 with mdcaps.
I shall do my best to refrain from cussing at them.

My son got 100% on his final last night. One more final, Accounting, and he is done. He should have all A's this semester.
First thing on the list is to get the dehumidifier downstairs, plugged in, and run the drain hose outside somehow. He wants to level the patio, a low priority for me, but if he wants to take out the bricks and reset them, I'm not going to stop him. I need to get some sand for him, but with all this rain it can wait. The neighbor said he'd come over and help him if he needs it.
I told the neighbor my son is very shy, so just go ahead and talk to him and eventually my son will talk back.

The basement is leaking at the front corner of the house, so that has been added to the top of the BIG TO DO LIST.

I have lots of stuff coming up in the wild flower patches, I have no idea what everything is but I guess I will find out.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:21 AM

Blurf. It’s car servicing day for me. Hubby swears there is a funny noise in the front end so I shall ask the technician to drive it and take a look. Surely they are likely to find something so hubs gave me a credit card to pay for it. I shall wait for it unless it becomes complicated then I’ll call my clerk to pick me up. I had to wait a month for this appointment.

After that it is back to irk, oh joy! Last day for a solid week. I didn’t plan too good cause the maid comes on Wednesday but I shan’t get in her way.

Have a great day all!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:31 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - do you have a sink in your basement? We have our dehumidifier mounted so just above the sink level and the hose drains into it. Easier than drilling thru the basement wall...

Dry throat and sniffles today - ugh! I don't have time to get sick, dammit!
Old 05-14-2019, 07:46 AM

We have a sink, the old dehumidifier drained into it.

However, the sink and plumbing is very very old. The plumbing is rusted and the sink drains very very slowly.
The plumber told me it probably won't handle the water from the dehumidifier.
That is why I was a bit surprised when the sewage was coming back up the drain, after all, if water can't go down, how can sewage come up?

The sun just came out, and there is a nice breeze outside.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:05 AM

I've done a booboo.

I pointed out to one of my multiple bosses that a bunch of codes from The Old Blue Database and The New Blue Database are different and as far as I can tell unmatchable, asked if we are supposed to create new ones if needed (part of the problem is that every Moe, Larry and Curly has created new codes; we have a ton, and sometimes we have multiple codes which do exactly the same). He said no, we're supposed to use only existing codes and to send him the lists if I needed help.

So I did.

I feel so evil. Anybody got a long-haired cat I could be petting?
Old 05-14-2019, 08:08 AM

Well, that was fun- my bees were not in the mood to have me around, and the wind was blowing the smoke and my veil everywhere, so I scarpered as soon as I could. Only got a couple of stings, but they would Not Give Up and followed me all the way up the lane, and (and I do feel really bad about this) stung the landowner's friendly donkey, who'd come over to see what was going on. The main thing I had to do was give them the final dose of a mite killer, which has to be put on with the right timing or you need to restart the whole thing again, and I did manage to get that on at least.

I think the poor donkey only got one or two stings on its side, nothing more than a nasty surprise, but still, not nice

I did manage to get the plants in, and revision is happening, if in a somewhat unfocused manner. I should be practising essay questions, 'cos I know that's a weak point, but I'm too easily distracted.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Home from a nice dinner and a little bit too long of a meetin'. Some folks are in need of medication for diarrhea of the mouth.
Iffn one pours liquid in one end when too much is comin' out the other end; does one shove the bottle up the other end to cure when too much is comin' out the first end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Quote:
I did something like that. Well actually I had the OW do it so I'm not sure if its the membership or title or what. But whatever it is its done for 2 years.
You're not cleanin' your terlets for two more years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Plan for the day is...revising plant diseases.
Are you petting a kitty in your lap whilst you cackle maniacally?
Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 AM

Well, Nut, glad you weren't an ass about the donkey...and glad the bees are mite-free and fiesty.

Nava, sometimes bosses get what they want...and sometimes bosses get what they deserve...

Butters, a month for a car appointment? Is that usual down in the Keys?

Sari, it sounds like Sah-son is pretty smart; he's going to have to get over that shyness and start living life sooner or later (unsolicited geezer advice).

Double Nickle here (55F) going to 72F. House is a bit chilly, but I'm trying not to turn on the heat because reasons... Need to forage for food and drink here in a bit. All y'all take care.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

FCD was rejected - he said they were obviously rejecting men over 40 from the jury. So he's on his way home. I just finished lunch. Back to work for me!!
Old 05-14-2019, 10:48 AM

Back at irk from car servicing. They had two different mechanics drive it and no funny noise. New wipers and cabin filter plus the usual and car is pronounced safe. I found out we have a manager's meeting at 1330 so that will be my afternoon. Having a sammich now.

Boss man sent me back a copy of my leave request and who knew I actually requested 8 days not 7 so I shall take the extra day. That means once I leave that stupid meeting today I don't have to irk until Firday week. Looking forward to not doing much of anything. I have books to read and movies to watch. There is always closets to clean out/organize if I get too bored.

Yes, it takes a while to get an appointment but a month is not usual. I'm just glad it is done, is safe and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-14-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:50 AM

Butters, wanna bet your Husband-unit still hears the mysterious noise?

Lunch has been lunched upon and nappage may ensue shortly.

Mooooomm, for reasons unknown I have never been called for jury duty--surprised he was rejected, you'd think they'd want old geezers with time on their hands instead of youngn's..but what do I know.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:01 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

MetalMouse - best guess is the lawyers were trying to pack the jury with their preferred demographic. Who knows...