Old 11-17-2019, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
It's always the old white guy who thinks theirs is the only important perspective.
I didnít really read your post but my opinion matters the most, which is that the opinion of old white men matter the most.

Feel free to continue yammering until I interrupt to tell you the way things really are.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
What is the matter with you people who continue to let HD hijack threads??? WHY do y'all engage with him?? Why do you let him dominate discussions when he brings NOTHING to the table??

HE will not answer a straight question, but I wish one of you would.

It is beyond pointless. When I've been out all day, I'll click into one of the political threads and see page after page after page of useless BLATHER where people address "points" that HD has made in (I assume) the vain hope that he will see the light or even reply with something other than CRAP.
Well, speaking for myself, and beyond the mere affect inherent to a troll's troll posts ; lies the problem of bullshit and its asymmetry. If you just let these asshats drop their deuce in a debate and that deuce is not addressed, then it can be seen by a reader as unchallenged, ergo valid take or opinion ; which lets silent holders of similar opinions comfort themselves in their own shit being valid. The turd keeps floating in the metaphorical punchbowl, and who wants to drink punch from a bowl that has a giant turd floating in it ? At worst it can even become "HA ! Teh libz just can't dispute The Truth !" (see: creationists lauding Duane Gish as a feared debater of epic skills and undisputed worth because after a while non-creationists simply refused to speak with that disingenuous asscozy).

So engaging feels like a form of community self-defence, or defending the integrity of the debate, or just performing for the benefit of an unseen, possibly imagined audience.

And yet, because debunking multifaceted bullshit takes effort and cites and so on ; but the production of multifaceted bullshit merely involves parroting nonsense, the relative effort of trolling vs. sincerity is super lopsided, which means the bad faith take always "wins" by exhaustion in an open-ended discussion format.
I don't know how this equation can be solved short of just kicking bad faith arguers out.

Quote:
I don't believe he and the other disruptors care one bit about the CONTENT of the discussion. They get a buzz from the attention. That's it.
That might be the case for some subset of trolls, but HD employs language and rhetoric tricks that are too close to legit far-right, Breitbart chugging shit-for-brains that I have no problem assuming he's sincere in his shitheadery and disruption. He does it with an agenda beyond the mere lulz. It's bad faith with an agenda. octopus is the same although with a more openly antagonistic bent, a lesser focus on sealioning.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:09 PM

IOW: Up with this, I will not put!
Old 11-17-2019, 12:19 PM

"Asscozy"
Old 11-17-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
IOW: Up with this, I will not put!
Hmmm, more "This is shit up with which shall not be put". Because it's not about the *I*, it's about the shitness
Old 11-17-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Hmmm, more "This is shit up with which shall not be put". Because it's not about the *I*, it's about the shitness
You French just love you "Ítre" verbs.

Last edited by QuickSilver; 11-17-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:37 PM

I've been trying to get down
To the heart of the matter
But my arguments get weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about
The shitness, the shitness
Even if, even if you don't pit me anymore
Old 11-19-2019, 07:44 PM

Referring HD here for my reply to his comment in the impeachment thread, since the subject is now off-limits in that thread.

Hurricane Ditka:
Quote:
That's only the case because Joe Biden got it quashed a couple of years earlier, by extorting the Ukranians with $1B in aid to fire the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma.
The removal of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Viktor Shokin, was supported by the European Union (EU), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the G-7 ambassadors, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

Do you believe that they were working together in a conspiracy with Joe Biden to protect Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings?
Old 11-19-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Referring HD here for my reply to his comment in the impeachment thread, since the subject is now off-limits in that thread.

Hurricane Ditka:

The removal of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Viktor Shokin, was supported by the European Union (EU), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the G-7 ambassadors, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

Do you believe that they were working together in a conspiracy with Joe Biden to protect Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings?
He's too chicken shit to respond in the Pit. Start a non pit thread for him to ignore.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Hurricane Ditka:

Is there any evidence that Shokin was attempting to investigate Burisma before his firing? I ask because haven't seen any.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
He's too chicken shit to respond in the Pit. Start a non pit thread for him to ignore.
I'm not sure he can take his theory any further without invoking the Illuminati or a global conspiracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Is there any evidence that Shokin was attempting to investigate Burisma before his firing? I ask because haven't seen any.
Bloomberg (Article limit/paywall):
Quote:
President Donald Trumpís personal lawyer is raising the specter that Joe Biden intervened in Ukrainian politics to help his sonís business.

But if that was Bidenís aim, he was more than a year late, based on a timeline laid out by a former Ukrainian official and in Ukrainian documents.
But what has received less attention is that at the time Biden made his ultimatum, the probe into the company -- Burisma Holdings, owned by Mykola Zlochevsky -- had been long dormant, according to the former official, Vitaliy Kasko.

ďThere was no pressure from anyone from the U.S. to close cases against Zlochevsky,Ē Kasko said in an interview last week. ďIt was shelved by Ukrainian prosecutors in 2014 and through 2015.Ē

Kaskoís assessment adds a wrinkle to one of the first political intrigues of the 2020 election season. It undercuts the idea that Biden, now a top Democratic presidential candidate, was seeking to sideline a prosecutor who was actively threatening a company tied to his son. Instead, it appears more consistent with Bidenís previous statements that he was pressing for the removal of a prosecutor who was failing to tackle rampant corruption: According to public reports and internal documents from the Ukrainian prosecutorís office, U.S. officials had expressed concern for more than a year about Ukrainian prosecutorsí failure to assist an international investigation of Zlochevsky.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure he can take his theory any further without invoking the Illuminati or a global conspiracy.
Let him show us. Either how chicken shit, or how full of shit he is.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:44 AM

Someone please respond to HD in the current misogyny thread with something like this...im too drunk and fear being warned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
If people get upset that I'm repeating a well-publicized name, I'd politely suggest the problem is with them, not me. People post stuff here all the time that they know will upset me. I get over it. They can too.

I don't think you're in any position to judge my intent. You've misjudged it here. And I think you've misrepresented the reason for my suspension as well.

Once again, you've demonstrated that you're bad at guessing my intent.
Maybe you need to do some self reflection on how you express yourself? Everyone does from time to time. I know I make a drunken idiot out of myself here all the time; politics threads, game threads, you name it. But i try to be direct and to the point. With you, it always feels you are dancing around the point. Just say what it is you are trying to say. Stop making us "guess" your "intent". Because it sounds like your intents are pretty un-empathetic, to put it mildly.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:52 AM
Charter Member

He's a Trumpeteer. They, like their guru, don't give a shit about empathy.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
He's a Trumpeteer. They, like their guru, don't give a shit about empathy.
They take pride in it. Classy for a supposedly devout mormon.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:05 AM

The existence of this thread just feeds the ego of this inbred mouthbreather. He exists solely to hijack threads.

Why any poster engages with him is beyond me. It just leads to any discussion getting disrupted and derailed.

IGNORE ALL OF HIS POSTS. There is no value in responding to him in any thread, any forum.

Last edited by Kolak of Twilo; 11-20-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:16 AM

Nm wrong thread

But while Iím here, letís change Ditkaís name to Pussy Comitatus

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 11-20-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
You started an ATMB thread to discuss a post of mine that you perceived as misogynistic. I asked you a question in that thread and you didn't answer it (or if you did, I missed your answer). I'd like to give you the opportunity to do so here, if you're willing, and perhaps have a bit of discussion around the issue that you described as "about the most important issue in the world to me". Who knows, maybe you'll even persuade me of a thing or two.
And the bait is cast! I'm sure HD will make this a useful discussion, not just a bunch of JAQ-ing off. Who will he catch with his so devilishly clever trolling?
Old 11-20-2019, 05:35 PM

No one, hopefully. Like others have said, let him come here, or stay alone.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak of Twilo View Post
The existence of this thread just feeds the ego of this inbred mouthbreather. He exists solely to hijack threads.

Why any poster engages with him is beyond me. It just leads to any discussion getting disrupted and derailed.

IGNORE ALL OF HIS POSTS. There is no value in responding to him in any thread, any forum.
It is astounding he hasnít been banned, the mods are huge pussies.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
And the bait is cast! I'm sure HD will make this a useful discussion, not just a bunch of JAQ-ing off. Who will he catch with his so devilishly clever trolling?
He spelled iiandyiiii's name wrong in the title.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:17 AM

HD just posted straight-up Russian propaganda in the Hunter Biden thread.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

For a guy who brings in, at best, $60-odd in annual revenue to this Board, the moderators seem to want to spend a lot of their time and resources on this guy. I mean, the cost-benefit analysis is amazing! Assuming their time is worth, to them, $12/hour, then once they spend more than 5 hours a year dealing with his shit, then Ditka has cost the SDMB+mods more than he's worth.

And yet he remains.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:40 AM

His thread went swimmingly. Just like the octupus that showed up to defend him being a wimp and scareded of the big, mean pit.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
HD just posted straight-up Russian propaganda in the Hunter Biden thread.
Just came here to note that as well.

This is beyond the "useful idiot" phase. He's now getting his propaganda direct from the source, and happily lapping it up.

He's basically a Russian asset at this point.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Just came here to note that as well.

This is beyond the "useful idiot" phase. He's now getting his propaganda direct from the source, and happily lapping it up.

He's basically a Russian asset at this point.
You're the puppet.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk28 View Post
It is astounding he hasnít been banned, the mods are huge pussies.
[Moderating]
Although the rules state that complaints about moderation belong in ATMB, not the Pit, I try to allow a little latitude in complaining about the board in general. This sort of direct insult to the mods is, however, over the line. Please do not repeat this sort of remark.

No warning issued.
[/Moderating]
Old 11-21-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
[Moderating]
Although the rules state that complaints about moderation belong in ATMB, not the Pit, I try to allow a little latitude in complaining about the board in general. This sort of direct insult to the mods is, however, over the line. Please do not repeat this sort of remark.

No warning issued.
[/Moderating]
QED!

...<ducks and runs>....
Old 11-21-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
His thread went swimmingly. Just like the octupus that showed up to defend him being a wimp and scareded of the big, mean pit.
Hey!

Who knows how the thread would have progressed?
Old 11-21-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Hey!

Who knows how the thread would have progressed?
Uh....all of us.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
The OP of that thread was playing an obvious game that was just too obvious. ďI just want a civil discussion.Ē Uh-huh.
Yep.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:59 AM

In this thread, HD shows that he can't actually tell the difference between encouraging discussion and reasoned argument (what Obama was doing) and trolling (what Jr is doing).

Shocker!
Old 12-02-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
In this thread, HD shows that he can't actually tell the difference between encouraging discussion and reasoned argument (what Obama was doing) and trolling (what Jr is doing).

Shocker!
Oh, I'm sure he understands the difference very well indeed.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:04 PM

Hey, at least he wasn't trying to derail the thread...
Old 12-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Shocker!
You mean he engaged in mindless Whataboutism and those who didn't have the sense to simply ignore him had to waste the bandwidth to bitch-slap him.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:19 PM

After the actual quote was posted and shown to be nothing like he portrayed it, he hasn't been seen in the thread.

Coward.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:33 PM

Well, he was instructed by the mod to avoid derailment. Besides, having succeeded in accomplishing what he set out to do, why return to post?

Gotta hand it to the guy, he's got his deplorability fully dialed in.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
After the actual quote was posted and shown to be nothing like he portrayed it, he hasn't been seen in the thread.

Coward.
That's his usual. Best him with a cite he can't dispute, he scuttles away. Unlike D'Asshole who simply declares a cite to be unacceptable.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
That's his usual. Best him with a cite he can't dispute, he scuttles away. Unlike D'Asshole who simply declares a cite to be unacceptable.
Or Urbanredneck, who refuses to read any cite provided.