Old 12-02-2019, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
My neighbors here in Austin already put up their Christmas lights in mid-October, as they have done in previous years as well.
I never took mine down from last year. In my defense, they're programmable and I set them to steady white.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Christmas is just an excuse to pick a man's pocket every 25th of December. It's a humbug, I tell you!
Hey! No facts in The Pit! What the hell is wrong with you?

I like a good turkey dinner. Hell, I like making a good turkey dinner and in fact I do so a few times a year when the whim strikes. But fuck inviting people over. You want a turkey dinner? Then fix yourself one. Now stay outta my kitchen. Every year I go to the in laws' for Turkey day dinner. I love them. They're good people, even L who voted for Trump (she's a trifle simple, and as it turns out her vote was nullified by the electoral college anyway). But man, they can't cook for shit. Seriously, I put salt in the gravy and they just beamed at me like I was a goddamned sorcerer when they tasted it.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:56 PM

Everywhere I went today the talk was all about getting ready for Christmas, who has put up a tree, outside lights, who went shopping what they bought, when it will be wrapped and on and on and on. When they hear I only decorate the tropical plants and everyone gets warm socks and Lush in their stocking for presents (well my girls get a bit more and they're adults now) and my husband and I do not gift each other they think I'm nuts! I stopped doing xmas cards long ago, it always felt like a chore and it was my responsibility to keep in touch with friends and family near and far. WHich is okay for those I favor but then I would get complaints about not including a family picture. I'm the MOm do I have to do everything! Hubs doesn't. It stressed me out all the holiday must do's. Even now I'm feeling the anxiety ramp up becasue there is only like what 3 freaking weeks left. Shit. I love me some January!
Old 12-03-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chela View Post
I love me some January!
So very much this. Our yearly Caribbean vacation is in January. Each year xmas is something we need to deal with, while the beach beckons.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:27 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
My biggest concern is mid-DAUGHTERs Chihuahuas. OMG! the 2 most annoying animals on earth. Yappy doesn't begin to describe them. Isn't that silly to worry about those dogs?
I was going to say something about a bear accident, but chihuahuas...you don't even need a coyote, just a large, hungry raccoon will do.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Or one of them feral pigs.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Or one of them feral pigs.
Pig Bomb