Old 11-29-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
About that...
"Mr. President, that means you have something that shows your innocence,"

Calling him a liar and a moron in one phrase? I'll allow it.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

He will sign his declaration of innocence right there in front of the American people! Case closed, libs pwned!
Old 11-29-2019, 06:31 PM

Indeed.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:22 PM

Is it a dog or a cat? You decide this by looking at all the evidence, which in this case is the animal in question. All the evidence is readily available and in the open. In the Ukraine debacle, this doesn't apply. There are people involved that have not been questioned. That's all I'm saying. I want to hear from them before I make any final conclusions about the whole thing.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:31 PM

On top of the fact that the man trying to sell the dog is making claims in attempt to convince the other guy. I am not making claims here, I am making suppositions and considering them. Big difference.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:38 PM
Charter Member

Woof. Meow!
Old 11-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

“....to the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.”

"Nothing 'curious' about it, Holmes, you coked-up nincompoop, it was a cat!"
Old 11-29-2019, 10:11 PM

So Trump is saying he doesn't know what Guiliani was up to in Ukraine and this is being characterized as Trump throwing him under the bus. Very clever. Name a fall guy to take the blame for the whole thing and it might just go away.

However, if this was Guiliani's side project (that Trump knew nothing about) why did OMB indulge him on holding up the aid to Ukraine?

Looks like you're gonna need that insurance Rudy.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddle Peghead View Post
Is it a dog or a cat? You decide this by looking at all the evidence, which in this case is the animal in question. All the evidence is readily available and in the open. In the Ukraine debacle, this doesn't apply. There are people involved that have not been questioned. That's all I'm saying. I want to hear from them before I make any final conclusions about the whole thing.
Your passion for justice is admirable. No, wait...I meant to say that your disingenuity is NOT admirable. Sorry about that.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I am 100% behind the idea that reality is the best place to be. After all, as Woody Allen once quipped, it's the only place you can get a good steak. 🙂 But in situations where I don't know all the facts, I'm not going to fill them in and pretend I know the whole reality.
I'm sure you know that is not true. That is, in all situations you are in you cannot be waiting for all the facts to come in before taking any action. There is proportionality, cost/benefit, and potential fatality/harm, among other factors to figure in. This is common to all...humans.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
So you are waiting for them to be interviewed? That's it? Shouldn't we postpone this discussion then? Are we having it prematurely?

That's a fair point but a very simple one to deal with.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Your passion for justice is admirable. No, wait...I meant to say that your disingenuity is NOT admirable. Sorry about that.
Since you made no specific point about my supposed disingenuity, I don't care what you meant to say at this point. But I do welcome you pointing out what you're getting at, if you want to discuss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
I'm sure you know that is not true. That is, in all situations you are in you cannot be waiting for all the facts to come in before taking any action. There is proportionality, cost/benefit, and potential fatality/harm, among other factors to figure in. This is common to all...humans.
All of the facts usually don't come in. That is true. But when a number of people whom it seems likely to be involved in some way (Pence, Perry, Pompeo...) have NOT be interviewed, I think there is a decent chance that there is more to be known. If you don't, that of course is fine.

Now, just a general question:

I started out by saying "Suppose, just suppose..." To my recollection without going back and looking, only Sherrerd responded directly to what I said about the idea I thought of regarding Trump's involvement. Everyone else seems to think I have some agenda here, some ulterior motive, other than just wanting discussing that. I assure you I do not.

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 11-30-2019 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-30-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Since you made no specific point about my supposed disingenuity, I don't care what you meant to say at this point. But I do welcome you pointing out what you're getting at, if you want to discuss it.

All of the facts usually don't come in. That is true. But when a number of people whom it seems likely to be involved in some way (Pence, Perry, Pompeo...) have NOT be interviewed, I think there is a decent chance that there is more to be known. If you don't, that of course is fine.
(bolding mine)

Who is preventing these interviews? When they talk about preventing them - does it sound like they have a reason to withhold these 'facts' that might exonerate the person in question?

I completely agree these people - and others - Mulvaney for one - know things we should know about the situation - but seems they are being obstructed.

Therefore - I have no problem going ahead with what we _do_ know at this point.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
But when a number of people whom it seems likely to be involved in some way (Pence, Perry, Pompeo...) have NOT be interviewed,
You continue to repeat this like it's just an oversight, that the House just hasn't gotten around to talking to them. That ignores, yet again, that two of just who you named, plus how many others, are actively ignoring subpoenas. If there was exculpatory evidence, it would have been provided - like Trump's call to Sondland saying "NO QUID PRO QUO".

You're insisting that there might just be a nugget of help out there for Trump's case, yet no one has given us that information - especially given that it would immeasurably help the President out of his current predicament. So I ask, if there are facts out there helpful to Trump, why has the American people not heard about them?
Old 11-30-2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:

Now, just a general question:

I started out by saying "Suppose, just suppose..." To my recollection without going back and looking, only Sherrerd responded directly to what I said about the idea I thought of regarding Trump's involvement. Everyone else seems to think I have some agenda here, some ulterior motive, other than just wanting discussing that. I assure you I do not.
I think that it's been established that the failures to appear are evidence of guilt. You are making contortions to avoid the actualities, which would indicate dt is a danger in the wh. His obstructions indicate as much, as do the obstructions of those others.

I for one am using the standard that there is no massaging of the facts from here that can change the ones we already know anyway. It can only get worse for them. I say get dt out of office and then prosecute the gang criminally afterwards and answer all those questions that you have.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:51 AM

Wow! That's a good one. I see that argumentation style all the time here.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Guess I was right (it certainly got a lot more traction than the other time I posted it).
Old 11-30-2019, 07:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
OK, like the guy in the strip says, "When will you be satisfied that you have 'all the facts'?"

Specifically, who still needs to be questioned, and why? And in instances where Trump is actively enabling them to keep from testifying, why does that fact not suffice?
Old 11-30-2019, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Guess I was right (it certainly got a lot more traction than the other time I posted it).
Yeah, that strip totally nails it.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Here's the thing about your, "Suppose, just suppose," post...

The facts that we have show that Trump tried to bribe Zelensky to smear Biden with taxpayer money. If we go down the road of supposing everything that you'd like us to suppose we still have that Trump tried to bribe Zelensky to smear Biden with taxpayer money after he thought about doing some other stuff.

The problem here is that Trump tried to bribe Zelensky to smear Biden with taxpayer money. It doesn't matter if he came up with the idea on his own or if Giuliani put that idea in his head. It certainly doesn't matter when Giuliani gave him the idea, if that's what happened. The thing that matters is that Trump tried to bribe Zelensky to smear Biden with taxpayer money.

Your, "Suppose, just suppose," scenario in no way exculpates Trump. I'm not even sure why you think it does.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

"Lead me not into temptation, I can find it easily enough on my own."
Old 11-30-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
If I ask 30 people, "What animal passed in front of you at the beach?" And all 30 of them say, "It was a duck." I don't feel like I really need to go talk to the 10 people who were in the front row.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simster View Post
(bolding mine)
Therefore - I have no problem going ahead with what we _do_ know at this point.
Nor do I. Trump should be impeached and thrown out of office. This has been the case for me for quite a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
You continue to repeat this like it's just an oversight, that the House just hasn't gotten around to talking to them. That ignores, yet again, that two of just who you named, plus how many others, are actively ignoring subpoenas. If there was exculpatory evidence, it would have been provided - like Trump's call to Sondland saying "NO QUID PRO QUO".

You're insisting that there might just be a nugget of help out there for Trump's case, yet no one has given us that information - especially given that it would immeasurably help the President out of his current predicament. So I ask, if there are facts out there helpful to Trump, why has the American people not heard about them?
I am not repeating it because I think it's an oversight, which implies the House just forgot about the need to interview others. They didn't do that. They chose not to fight the refusal to honor subpoenas. And most definitely, I did not bring this up because I want to help Trump's case. I just want to talk about shit.

Quote:
I think that it's been established that the failures to appear are evidence of guilt. You are making contortions to avoid the actualities, which would indicate dt is a danger in the wh. His obstructions indicate as much, as do the obstructions of those others.
I wouldn't say failure to appear is necessarily evidence of guilt. It is highly suggestive that they have something to hide. Hearing from them would better allow us to judge their guilt/innocence/involvement. Can anyone disagree with this?? As for contortions, again, I am making no claims. I am asking questions and putting forth ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
Wow! That's a good one. I see that argumentation style all the time here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Yeah, that strip totally nails it.
The comic makes an important point. But it doesn't apply here as I stated earlier, and no one has bothered to refute what I said about why it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
OK, like the guy in the strip says, "When will you be satisfied that you have 'all the facts'?"

Specifically, who still needs to be questioned, and why? And in instances where Trump is actively enabling them to keep from testifying, why does that fact not suffice?
I am satisfied with the facts we know at present that Trump should be gone. I am not satisfied with them to show that Trump, from the beginning, way before the phone call, was sending out his goons to drum up dirt. That was my original idea, and as I've said, only Sherrerd addressed it directly.

As for who should still be questioned, I've already named Pence, Pompeo, and Perry. I would add Bolton and Mulvaney. My apologies that I don't have time to name specific reasons right now. But in general, because they all are very close to the president. Would you agree at least they might have some pertinent details? The idea is to impeach and oust the president. More details, assuming they are damning, are better than fewer details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
The facts that we have show that Trump tried to bribe Zelensky to smear Biden with taxpayer money...

It doesn't matter if he came up with the idea on his own or if Giuliani put that idea in his head...

The thing that matters is that Trump tried to bribe Zelensky to smear Biden with taxpayer money.

Your, "Suppose, just suppose," scenario in no way exculpates Trump. I'm not even sure why you think it does.
I agree 100% with the first three. I have never said I think it exculpates him. I do NOT think that. This is the kind of thing that often gets lost if I say something either supporting Republican ideas, or not just sticking to arguing the Democrats' ideas. People assume I'm trying to absolve Trump of something, when in fact I'm just stating ideas that have occurred to me that I'd like to discuss.

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 11-30-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Bolding in the last line
Old 11-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Dismember

Quote:
People assume I'm trying to absolve Trump of something, when in fact I'm just stating ideas that have occurred to me that I'd like to discuss.
But why? Why would anyone want to discuss these ridiculously implausible scenarios? To what end? It's just as worthy of discussion as supposing that aliens hypnotized Trump and manipulated him into doing all this shit. It's not instructive or even interesting.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatterpunk View Post
But why? Why would anyone want to discuss these ridiculously implausible scenarios?
He's 'just asking questions'.

Quote:
To what end?
To whatever end transpires... which is total exoneration of The Messiah.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I am not repeating it because I think it's an oversight, which implies the House just forgot about the need to interview others. They didn't do that. They chose not to fight the refusal to honor subpoenas. And most definitely, I did not bring this up because I want to help Trump's case. I just want to talk about shit.
Which conveniently ignores that they ARE fighting the refusals, where they should - in court.

The only other option would be for the House to send the sergeant-at-arms to physically arrest and detain members of the Executive Branch, some of which might have Secret Service protection. If you don't see the problems and PR nightmare that would arise from that, there's little I can do to educate you.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
People assume I'm trying to absolve Trump of something, when in fact I'm just stating ideas that have occurred to me that I'd like to discuss.
The standard in a court of law is "reasonable doubt".

If you have a video of a man robbing a bank, to be sure it is theoretically possible that he was extorted into doing it by very clever thieves, who kidnapped a woman the he fancied. But it's silly to keep hunting for evidence that might prove this case when the suspect hasn't made it as a defense, no one has put it forward as a defense, you've been hunting for three months for anything like evidence of the theory, and you never had any reason to back the theory other than that it was "cool".

If there were exonerating evidence for Trump it would be have been presented by someone. The people that you think should be asked questions would be cooperating in the investigation and answering questions, again, if they had some form of defense or if there were some argument to be made in Trump's favor. No one has ever done anything other than ask those people to please come down and answer questions.

Saying, "Well, we should ask Little Timmy if he broke the vase." Like that's a real thing that should be done, when you've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to convince Timmy to come out of his room because he's locked himself in and is screaming that he didn't do it, he'll be better in the future, and please don't take away his TV rights, and there's a trail of blood footprints going straight from the vase shards to under Timmy's door... Like, no, there a reason that Timmy has holed up in his little fort and is saying those things. Let's not insult our intelligence.

Last edited by Sage Rat; 11-30-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post

I think it's the Overton Window. I can practically feel it moving sometimes.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
But why? Why would anyone want to discuss these ridiculously implausible scenarios? To what end? It's just as worthy of discussion as supposing that aliens hypnotized Trump and manipulated him into doing all this shit. It's not instructive or even interesting.
Oh, maybe because it would mean admitting that perhaps Trump did not cook up the idea himself to go after the Bidens, and that Giuliani or others instigated it. That would require Trump to be just a little bit less of a reprehensible president in their minds. Of course I have no idea if this is the reason, just something that occurred to me.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Oh, maybe because it would mean admitting that perhaps Trump did not cook up the idea himself to go after the Bidens, and that Giuliani or others instigated it. That would require Trump to be just a little bit less of a reprehensible president in their minds. Of course I have no idea if this is the reason, just something that occurred to me.
That doesn't really answer the question posed.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
No, not just that. I also said "putting forth ideas".

Quote:
Now you're doing it. Implying I meant something, when I said nothing of the kind.

Quote:
I think it's the Overton Window. I can practically feel it moving sometimes.
Please explain. You know, if you have any actual examples.

Quote:
Which conveniently ignores that they ARE fighting the refusals, where they should - in court.
Quote:
Hopefully the people I mentioned will eventually end up in court. But of course they had the impeachment hearings without them. I think that was the wrong way to go.

The only other option would be for the House to send the sergeant-at-arms to physically arrest and detain members of the Executive Branch, some of which might have Secret Service protection. If you don't see the problems and PR nightmare that would arise from that, there's little I can do to educate you.
Not that I need to be "educated" by you, since right now I have no idea who you are. But okay, it's a PR nightmare. What does that have to do with what I said?

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 12-01-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Not that I need to be "educated" by you, since right now I have no idea who you are. But okay, it's a PR nightmare. What does that have to do with what I said?
You stated "They chose not to fight the refusal to honor subpoenas." I showed that they are, in fact, fighting the refusal to honor subpoenas.

I figured you might learn that your statement "They chose not to fight the refusal to honor subpoenas." was demonstrably false, and reconsider your view. Or don't. I did what I could to correct your ignorance. How you progress from here is on you.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
That doesn't really answer the question posed.
Please explain, keeping in mind that I am not a mind reader. I don't know why no one wants to discuss it. I offered an idea.

To splatterpunk I also should have said that if the idea that Trump did not start the whole thing is "ridiculously implausible", then that would be a good reason. I happen think it is very far from implausible.

Which leads me to ask, what do you, fellow Dopers, think about the plausibility of this?
Old 12-01-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
You stated "They chose not to fight the refusal to honor subpoenas." I showed that they are, in fact, fighting the refusal to honor subpoenas.

I figured you might learn that your statement "They chose not to fight the refusal to honor subpoenas." was demonstrably false, and reconsider your view. Or don't. I did what I could to correct your ignorance. How you progress from here is on you.
In that I said that during a discussion of the impeachment hearings, I would think it obvious that I meant during the time period of the hearings. I guess it was not obvious, so thanks for allowing me to make that clear.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Please explain, keeping in mind that I am not a mind reader. I don't know why no one wants to discuss it. I offered an idea.
Well the question was, why should we WANT to discuss it, not why are we avoiding it. Why we're avoiding it has already been addressed -- there's no evidence to support your hypothesis. That's the baseline.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
What do you mean here?

You think it matters whether turnp decided to do this without prompting, or was given the idea by rudy? They are pretty much equally reprehensible in any sense that matters for our politics. Also to a judge or jury they aren't very different.

Also, why are you defending your general posting here with things that "just occurred to you"? What is the deeper conviction? You know, from before that.

Anyway are you taking this time to be lecturing us that dt is not as reprehensible as we think? Is that the eventual point? Who is your audience?
Old 12-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
Well the question was, why should we WANT to discuss it, not why are we avoiding it. Why we're avoiding it has already been addressed -- there's no evidence to support your hypothesis. That's the baseline.
I don't usually sit down and think for hours whether or not someone will be interested in discussing something before I post it.

Quote:
What do you mean here?
I merely posed a question/supposition. I don't know what all the uproar is about. Just forget it.

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 12-01-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I don't usually sit down and think for hours whether or not someone will be interested in discussing something before I post it.

I merely posed a question/supposition. I don't know what all the uproar is about. Just forget it.
I was doing that too. Your questions are just curiosity and mine are an uproar?

If we are entertaining your questions why don't you feel you need to answer ours?
Old 12-01-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:

To splatterpunk I also should have said that if the idea that Trump did not start the whole thing is "ridiculously implausible", then that would be a good reason. I happen think it is very far from implausible.

Which leads me to ask, what do you, fellow Dopers, think about the plausibility of this?
Irrelevant - he went along with it, and used the power of the presidency to pursue it.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
What do you mean here?

You think it matters whether turnp decided to do this without prompting, or was given the idea by rudy? They are pretty much equally reprehensible in any sense that matters for our politics. Also to a judge or jury they aren't very different.
Yeah, Iím not seeing a difference. Itíd be like debating whether Nixon decided to bug his opponents or one of his staffers gave him the idea. Itís trivial.

Iím completely willing to accept that Rudy is whispering nutty conspiracy theories in Donaldís ear, and Trump laps them up, because in his addled brain they *should* be true since they are to his advantage. And I also bet that Putin is confirming similar nonsense when he and Trump surreptitiously speak, in part because Russia is responsible for some of the misinformation.

None of that absolves Trump of anything.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
In that I said that during a discussion of the impeachment hearings, I would think it obvious that I meant during the time period of the hearings. I guess it was not obvious, so thanks for allowing me to make that clear.
The hearings that are still ongoing?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:26 AM

I just don't get the "it's not impeachable" defense at all. He cheated in the 2020 election. If you cheat in an election, you don't get to say that we should all have to rely on the tainted election to decide your fate.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I just don't get the "it's not impeachable" defense at all. He cheated in the 2020 election. If you cheat in an election, you don't get to say that we should all have to rely on the tainted election to decide your fate.
Apparently nothing that happens in the 18 months before an election -- even if it's an effort to cheat in that election -- counts anymore. See: Merrick Garland.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Josh Gerstein, Politico:
Quote:
BREAKING: Judge denies Trump admin request to stay order requiring McGahn to appear for testimony. Also flays DOJ, calling its arguments 'disingenuous' & 'unacceptable mischaracterization'. Doc:
Axios: GOP impeachment report claims Trump did nothing wrong
Quote:
President Trump committed ďno quid pro quo, bribery, extortion, or abuse of power,Ē Republicans on the House committees investigating the Ukraine controversy have concluded in a 110-page report reviewed by Axios ahead of its formal release. [Includes 110-page report]
Old 12-02-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Having glanced at it, Nunes seems to have been smart enough, this time around, to let someone smarter than himself do most of the writing.

But, on the whole, it seems to be 110 pages of denial. I'll leave it to someone else to hunt through it for something like evidence of innocence. My feeling is like that's liable to be an effort of futility.

Last edited by Sage Rat; 12-02-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Josh Gerstein, Politico:
Quote:
BREAKING: Judge denies Trump admin request to stay order requiring McGahn to appear for testimony. Also flays DOJ, calling its arguments 'disingenuous' & 'unacceptable mischaracterization'. Doc:
Here is a direct link to the decision. Only 17 pages and it is a fun read. The judge isn't having any of DOJ's bullshit.

Last edited by Kolak of Twilo; 12-02-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Rat View Post
Having glanced at it, Nunes seems to have been smart enough, this time around, to let someone smarter than himself do most of the writing.

But, on the whole, it seems to be 110 pages of denial. I'll leave it to someone else to hunt through it for something like evidence of innocence. My feeling is like that's liable to be an effort of futility.
I haven't read it but as I understand it the Republican strategy is to claim that he had legitimate concerns that the Ukraine was corrupt. Never mind that all of his actions and words were more about finding out if the bidens were corrupt. That's their story and they're evidently going to stick to it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
I haven't read it but as I understand it the Republican strategy is to claim that he had legitimate concerns that the Ukraine was corrupt. Never mind that all of his actions and words were more about finding out if the bidens were corrupt. That's their story and they're evidently going to stick to it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
And, as said, I welcome anyone to find any evidence to support the position statement in the document.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak of Twilo View Post
Here is a direct link to the decision. Only 17 pages and it is a fun read. The judge isn't having any of DOJ's bullshit.
The story I read is that:

A) The Fed circuit judge says, nope: you have to respond to the subpoena, like right now.
B) The Fed appeals court has put the case on "administrative hold", arguments scheduled for Jan 3.

Does that mean that McGahn must testify now, or has the can been kicked to Jan 3? It's two different courts.

Last edited by squeegee; 12-03-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:50 AM

The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeegee View Post
Does that mean that McGahn must testify now, or has the can been kicked to Jan 3? It's two different courts.
IANAL, so I could be wrong, but my reading of it is something along the lines of, DOJ’s arguments are so weak and unlikely to succeed on appeal that McGahn has to testify NOW. Part of the reasoning seems to be that since he already testified under oath for Mueller there is little or no harm that can happen if he appears before a congressional committee exercising their constitutional investigative authority.

The entire opinion seems to me a big slap down to Barr and pretty much says the idea of all encompassing immunity for the executive is bullshit.

I await input from any of our lawyers to correct me if I have this wrong.

Last edited by Kolak of Twilo; 12-03-2019 at 04:51 AM.