Old 09-27-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post

I know American voters are notoriously bad about paying attention to foreign affairs unless our troops are being killed in a war somewhere. But if this actually holds up, we are well and truly fucked as a country. This is arguably the biggest American news story of the past 15 years, and one of the biggest events in American political history. If people are just shrugging about it or somehow not even learning about it? I have no words.
I stopped having words November 2016.

It doesnít surprise me at all that obliviousness is prevalent on Ukraine. A huge chunk of the population is low-information and doesnít even realize it. They learn about things passively, as it diffuses from others. Our best hope for clueing them in is that enough people in their environment are following whatís happening and expressing anger towards Trump.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I sure hope the Republicans can find the time to read this document. Seems strange that they haven't yet.
Seems strange they would rather look willfully ignorant than express an opinion.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:18 AM

In case you're wondering if Foxnews is running out of excuses, here is Fox and Friends explaining that the whole Ukraine thing is just a misunderstanding because the president is in real estate.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:20 AM

More about the recess.
Quote:
... just as the investigations are starting to ramp up, the House is scheduled to go on a two-week recess starting on Monday. As some called for recess to be canceled, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) was adamant that Democratic members should go home and talk to their constituents.

ďI think itís very important for members to go home to their constituents and explain what theyíre thinking,Ē Hoyer told reporters Wednesday. ďThis is a matter of grave importance and the American people need to understand what is occurring.Ē

Though the House will be on break for two weeks, intelligence committee chair Schiff told reporters on Thursday that his committee ď[will] be working through the recess.Ē ...
Old 09-27-2019, 09:25 AM

As long as they don't take their foot off the gas. Talking to Americans (who probably don't even know about this yet) is important, and that better be how they spend this time. Also, two weeks is much more acceptable than a month. I'll breathe now.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:02 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

What about the Ukrainian President, reformed comedian Volodymyr Zelensky? Is he complicit in this, or just treading water to keep foreigh aid coming?
Old 09-27-2019, 10:07 AM

It gives them time to get a lawyer who can run the investigation right, and the lawyer time to do their research. The session with Maguire was a little scattered, and they'll need to do better if they want this to go somewhere.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
It gives them time to get a lawyer who can run the investigation right, and the lawyer time to do their research. The session with Maguire was a little scattered, and they'll need to do better if they want this to go somewhere.
Absolutely. They need to hire someone who excels in grilling witnesses and yield all their time to him or her. Too much of what you see is grandstanding and trying to get a sound bite on the evening news. At the very least, get together beforehand and figure out which questions need to be asked and who is going to ask what questions.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I sure hope the Republicans can find the time to read this document. Seems strange that they haven't yet.
The longer they don't read it, the longer they don't have to lie and say it's OK when they are asked about it. Simple as that.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Also, two weeks is much more acceptable than a month. I'll breathe now.
Yeah, but two weeks is like 20 months in Trump Years. There's gonna be what? 15 more scandals and outrageous acts by then?

I sure hope they do keep the gas on and keep going down this path without letting up.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:28 AM
A Rather Dubious Fellow Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
A friend of mine in Ukraine shared a meme from Ukrainian social media. It shows Zelensky in a wig and blue dress and reads: "Monica Zelensky. Available for hire to bring impeachment against any U.S. President."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
I've been searching for this image all over teh intarwebz and can't find it; could you link to it please?
Here ya go: https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/grze.../91980_300.jpg

Source page, via Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/transla...2F2460559.html

Third-hand or so, but I don't do social media, and I certainly don't do social media in Ukraine.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:32 AM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
I have a little more faith in the military than to think they will just shoot off nukes in every direction because President Dipshit tells them to. Iím not interested in an argument about whether he has the technical statutory authority to do so. Iím talking about just the reality and gravity of something like that.

If thatís a coup, so be it.
The people "shooting off the nukes" are pretty damn isolated from the rest of the world while on duty, and if they are told that the nukes they are in control of need to go out in a retaliatory strike they will turn the proper keys and push the proper buttons because they are trained to do so.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
The people "shooting off the nukes" are pretty damn isolated from the rest of the world while on duty, and if they are told that the nukes they are in control of need to go out in a retaliatory strike they will turn the proper keys and push the proper buttons because they are trained to do so.
Right. The guys in the silos and submarines will have no idea whether the order coming in is a legitimate response to an actual threat or a reaction to a tweet that hurt Dear Leader's feelings. They will do what they are trained to do. So if Donald opens the football and finds the code to order a strike on China, once he sends this down the chain there is little to stop the missiles from flying.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:48 AM

But never fear, because Trump would never order that. He's too chickenshit. I believe that. He's the bully that never actually punches. He gets people to do sneaky shit on his behalf, instead. Just like he was doing with Ukraine. (Is it no longer THE Ukraine?)
Old 09-27-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
But never fear, because Trump would never order that. He's too chickenshit. I believe that. He's the bully that never actually punches. He gets people to do sneaky shit on his behalf, instead. Just like he was doing with Ukraine. (Is it no longer THE Ukraine?)
Even a tame dog will turn into a dangerous animal when cornered and in fear of his life. Maybe he would normally never do such a thing, but are we confident on how he would behave as the walls crumble around him?
Old 09-27-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellMyWort View Post
The longer they don't read it, the longer they don't have to lie and say it's OK when they are asked about it. Simple as that.
They don't know what to say until they get the right talking points sent to them. And the white house keeps sending the talking points to the Democratic caucus by mistake.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmlabs View Post
Here ya go: https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/grze.../91980_300.jpg

Source page, via Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/transla...2F2460559.html

Third-hand or so, but I don't do social media, and I certainly don't do social media in Ukraine.
Awesome; thank you very much!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Gosh, let me see if I can remember so far back…

Oh yeah, now it’s coming to me. That would be six days ago, Saturday the 21st, when I emailed Colin Peterson to urge him to support impeachment and noted that as of a couple days earlier I had felt it would be premature to do so.

What point were you trying to make there, anyway? Do you think I say my piece here and on Twitter etc. but I’m somehow reticent to express it to my elected representatives? Where would you get that idea?
I hear too much about what the Reps and Senators should do, what the Republicans need to do, what the Dems need to do, what Pelosi needs to do, etc. But... here? I never hear about what Dopers are doing.

Here's the thing:

They won't know what to do until the American people call and tell them. Waiting on polls isn't enough. Waiting to hear of other peoples efforts isn't enough. Waiting for people to do the right thing while we are screaming into the cyber realms, unheard, is not enough.

We know people in real life who "don't know anything", who "follow the X line"... but we're reticent to talk about politics - I hear this confessed all the times on this Board. Why? Why this self-defeating, condescending attitude of "why bother?" when talking to people voice-to-voice is so effective?

Yesterday I talked to two people, at length, about the issues here. Neither of them had a rebuttal to the simple "bribery, section 2, article 4, using taxpayer funds" argument as I was playing an audio recording of the whistle-blower report in the background. One was a Trump supporter and even he concluded, "yeah, I'm getting tired of this shit. My father's farm isn't doing well either." I didn't hit him with "YOU'RE ALL THAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA!!!", my pitch was "As a man who supported Ronald Reagan*, I know the Republican Party can do better - Trump has had his chance and he's blown it by selling out America."

American Democracy is participatory, it isn't something we watch, it's something we do every day. It's part and parcel of this country's makeup, and while there are times when the great mass of people can be silent, there are times when they cannot - and in these times, I cannot and will not be silent as to the threat that Donald Trump poses to our country and the world. However, I'm also old enough to recognize that my talking on the internet is... as far as the people in government is concerned... as close being drowned out as I can make myself. So I talk to those who, by virtue of one-on-one verbal communication, can make a difference:

1. The uninformed
2. The Trump supporters
3. People in power (Reps and Senators)

The rest? This Board? Twitter? Facebook? It's just noise. Your voice might amplify some topic to go up some trending chart, but that's about it. I'm not going to convince HD, he's not going to convince me, but I can conserve my strength and work on convincing other people who might not otherwise be bothered to cast a vote this November next.

And yes, Slacker, I calling out all of us... you included... to up our influence game! Damn right I am! Put your Senators and reps into your phones contact list, and call those motherfuckers! 1 call? In 6 days? Has nothing happened since?

This game is on, ladies and gentlemen, our Reps and Senators are going to spend the next 18 days tallying phone calls from their constituents, and, by doing that, will have a better idea as to what to do than any poll of 1,067 people will tell them. And if you (the royal "you", now) are not placing your voice in those tallies, then all the perfectly crafted arguments on the SDMB and bon mots on Twitter are for naught, because those do not, and will never, mean a goddamned thing compared to a phone call to a DC office.

*I was 12 when Reagan came to office, so by varying definitions of "man"...

Last edited by JohnT; 09-27-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellMyWort View Post
Maybe. Remember how long it took them not to read the Obamacare bill? There's nobody to blame this time, although they'll certainly try.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
Even a tame dog will turn into a dangerous animal when cornered and in fear of his life. Maybe he would normally never do such a thing, but are we confident on how he would behave as the walls crumble around him?
Have you ever seen a tame dog that gets so scared and desperate it attacks? How about a person with a bully-mouth that is backed into a corner and starts fighting? The fight is usually over in less than 3 seconds and the scared, inexperienced, desperate party is always the loser. Sure, there might a glancing blow or a feeble bite, but they quickly get the ever-loving shit smacked outta them.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-27-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Maybe. Remember how long it took them not to read the Obamacare bill? There's nobody to blame this time, although they'll certainly try.
They're still busy not reading the Mueller report.

My mother is 87. She has read the entire Mueller report. She can quote you sections.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Have you ever seen a tame dog that gets so scared and desperate it attacks? How about a person with a bully-mouth that is backed into a corner and starts fighting? The fight is usually over in less than 3 seconds and the scared, inexperienced, desperate party is always the loser. Sure, there might a glancing blow or a feeble bite, but they quickly get the ever-loving shit smacked outta them.
Many a child has gotten their asses kicked believing that "scared bully" crap.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by you with the face View Post
Seems strange they would rather look willfully ignorant than express an opinion.
I'm very amused by this. It's not the Mueller report or the the full text of the ACA.

It's five pages long.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, I didn't. Perhaps it speaks to experience.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you should read more carefully. There is a difference between a bully who actually can kick some ass and someone with just a bully-mouth.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-27-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:27 AM

We're talking here about a bully who can send hundreds of nuclear missiles to targets on a whim.

And as stated above, the folks in the silos do not have the ability to assess the order for lawfullness or whether or not it's a good thing right now to nuke Bejing because they insulted Trump's golf course. They just press the button as ordered.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I hear too much about what the Reps and Senators should do, what the Republicans need to do, what the Dems need to do, what Pelosi needs to do, etc. But... here? I never hear about what Dopers are doing.
This is a great reminder. My representative is Mark Meadows, who is to tools what Stone Mountain is to racist doodles. I'm not going to waste energy trying to get him to vote in favor of impeachment.

But my senators are Tillis and Burr. Tillis is a pretty wretched idiot; but Burr is, to paraphrase PJ O'Rourke, wrong within normal parameters. And even though Tillis is an idiot, even he might be interested--or at least demoralized--if he gets a lot of calls from constituents telling him to put country over party.

I'll make the first calls this afternoon.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:39 AM

I have every confidence that all three of my Congresspersons are not only on board, they're leading the charge and/or rounding up stragglers. I keep seeing them on the teevee, be it in hearings or on talking-heads shows. I'd only be distracting them with coals-to-Newcastle phone calls. But if I didn't live in a solidly blue state, then damn straight I'd be hassling them.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:41 AM

My senators are Durbin and Duckworth. She of "Cadet Bone Spurs" coinage, so I know I can count on them. My state has something like 13 of 18 Democratic Reps., so I can count on them, too, but it's a valid point. And I, too, will be making calls during the recess.

Last edited by bobot; 09-27-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Spurs capitalized out of respect, and stuff
Old 09-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
This is a great reminder. My representative is Mark Meadows, who is to tools what Stone Mountain is to racist doodles. I'm not going to waste energy trying to get him to vote in favor of impeachment.

But my senators are Tillis and Burr. Tillis is a pretty wretched idiot; but Burr is, to paraphrase PJ O'Rourke, wrong within normal parameters. And even though Tillis is an idiot, even he might be interested--or at least demoralized--if he gets a lot of calls from constituents telling him to put country over party.

I'll make the first calls this afternoon.
I think you need to call Mark Meadows too. I don't think there is any reason whatsoever to avoid calling Republicans, especially if they represent you. In fact, it's far more important for me to constantly call Senators Cruz and Cornyn than it is the Castro brother which represents me.

They listen. They really do. Your calls matter. Telling them you will speak to other likely voters that you will not be supporting them if they don't "X" matters. Take the fight to the R's, and don't just inspire the D's to keep the course. Tell the R's you're pissed and you're organizing.

Last edited by JohnT; 09-27-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
This game is on, ladies and gentlemen, our Reps and Senators are going to spend the next 18 days tallying phone calls from their constituents[...]
You think Senator Rick Scott gives one iota of thought about his constituency when he's not up for re-election? Ha!

~Max
Old 09-27-2019, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max S. View Post
You think Senator Rick Scott gives one iota of thought about his constituency when he's not up for re-election? Ha!

~Max
So?

Same thing with Cruz. He's not up for re-election. Why should I call him?

Because it matters. They literally tally up these calls, put them on charts, and track them daily. What are people talking about? How hot are they? What's the call volume, per issue?

And Rick Scott may not care. May not change him one iota. But, in the end, you can say you tried. And that's what America needs right now, citizens who try.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
What about the Ukrainian President, reformed comedian Volodymyr Zelensky? Is he complicit in this, or just treading water to keep foreigh aid coming?
The sense I get -- and I'm no expert -- is that not only is he a political novice who's in over his head, he's also stuck between Putin's tanks and Trump's ... Trumpy-ness. That's gotta be tough. But since he ran on a "clean sweep" platform of returning integrity to Ukraine, I'm guessing he means well.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:03 PM

Fun Call to Action: Everybody send Bill Barr pics (email, social, snail mail, whatever) of John Mitchell.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I have every confidence that all three of my Congresspersons are not only on board, they're leading the charge and/or rounding up stragglers. I keep seeing them on the teevee, be it in hearings or on talking-heads shows. I'd only be distracting them with coals-to-Newcastle phone calls. But if I didn't live in a solidly blue state, then damn straight I'd be hassling them.
You can be sure that any Republicans in your state/district are contacting them to complain. Don't let those be the only calls they get; make sure they are swamped by calls of support.

Emailing them is also fine if you're not a phone person. Those get tallied too.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I can't say I've seen a tame dog attack, but I'm not about to put myself in a position where I'd find out. We don't know what people would do when placed in the highest position of power on the planet and then watch everything cave in around him and face the real possibility of incarceration. Take an unstable person, give him the most power in the planet, and then place under extreme pressure. This is not a controlled experiment, this is frightening.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:18 PM

This from CNN:

Quote:
These 2 House Intel Democrats have canceled their events at home

From CNN's Manu Raju and Ted Barrett

Reps. Eric Swalwell and Jackie Speier, both Democrats from California, said they have canceled events in their home districts next week to prepare for action in the House Intelligence Committee.

The House is supposed to be on recess for the next two weeks, but some Democrats have been told to prepare to stay in Washington.

Nothing is set: They have not been told what they need to be in Washington for or what hearings have been scheduled.

But itís possible there could be a hearing: Committee Chair Adam Schiff said they preparing for hearings as early as next week. Democrats want to talk to the whistleblower as soon as possible.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Update: Some kids have to work through recess:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaPo
Members of the House Intelligence Committee plan to continue working next week through Congress’s scheduled recess, as Democrats seek to build a case for impeachment based on President Trump’s controversial call with the leader of Ukraine.

Last edited by Left Hand of Dorkness; 09-27-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
You can be sure that any Republicans in your state/district are contacting them to complain. Don't let those be the only calls they get; make sure they are swamped by calls of support.

Emailing them is also fine if you're not a phone person. Those get tallied too.
Dude: Rosa DeLauro is, like, Nancy Pelosi's right-hand woman. And perhaps you've seen Sens. Blumenthal and Murphy on the TV lately? Trust me, Republican phone calls are not an issue. There's no wavering here in the Land of Steady Habits.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
Right. The guys in the silos and submarines will have no idea whether the order coming in is a legitimate response to an actual threat or a reaction to a tweet that hurt Dear Leader's feelings. They will do what they are trained to do. So if Donald opens the football and finds the code to order a strike on China, once he sends this down the chain there is little to stop the missiles from flying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
We're talking here about a bully who can send hundreds of nuclear missiles to targets on a whim.

And as stated above, the folks in the silos do not have the ability to assess the order for lawfullness or whether or not it's a good thing right now to nuke Bejing because they insulted Trump's golf course. They just press the button as ordered.
Guys, you donít know what youíre talking about. Just stop it. The command doesnít go from Trump to Airman Jones, missileer.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/IF10521.pdf

https://www.realcleardefense.com/art...rs_112688.html
Old 09-27-2019, 12:26 PM
Extrajudicial
Charter Member

Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Guys, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just stop it. The command doesn’t go from Trump to Airman Jones, missileer.

I concur.

Everyone else, please drop this hijack regarding going rogue and nuking everyone that RioRico started (Welcome to the StraightDope!). This thread is about the impeachment inquiry and things related to that.

[/moderating]

Last edited by Bone; 09-27-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
So?

Same thing with Cruz. He's not up for re-election. Why should I call him?

Because it matters. They literally tally up these calls, put them on charts, and track them daily. What are people talking about? How hot are they? What's the call volume, per issue?

And Rick Scott may not care. May not change him one iota. But, in the end, you can say you tried. And that's what America needs right now, citizens who try.
Well, I agree with Mr. Cruz so I don't see much point in contacting him. I don't agree with Mr. Scott and eight years of experience - my entire adult life and then some - tells me that he literally doesn't care about the people he was elected to represent unless it is an election year.

I'm a bit of a defeatist when it comes to politics. If you really think my calling or writing in will make a difference, now is your chance to change my mind. I don't think it's going to happen absent some sort of insider report that my opinion counts for my representatives during the off-season, or compelling evidence that Mr. Scott is a great guy and cares about his constituents (ha!).

And my representative in the House? Years ago he visited our school and practically told us, to our faces, that he is 'a man of principle'. We got what we voted for, and for him to flip on an issue is out of the question (like that "traitor", Charlie Christ). I didn't vote for him.

~Max
Old 09-27-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
I concur.

Everyone else, please drop this hijack regarding going rogue and nuking everyone that RioRico started (Welcome to the StraightDope!). This thread is about the impeachment inquiry and things related to that.

[/moderating]
I agree and thank you for keeping us focused. There is plenty to discuss on the main topic.

Some committee members will be working through the recess. I think that's the right thing to do. We really should wrap this up by Christmas, or at least by March. Otherwise it's going to get tangled up in the election season.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:38 PM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Guys, you donít know what youíre talking about. Just stop it. The command doesnít go from Trump to Airman Jones, missileer.

When I stated that the guys at the end of that chain of command would push buttons, turn keys or (if flying, flip switches) when told to do so, it's because I've seen the training they go through, the psychological testing they go through and the isolation they endure while on duty. They have no way of knowing the ultimate source of the commands they receive, and they certainly aren't in any position to determine whether the orders they receive are legal or illegal. If the President does something untoward and those orders get to the people at the end of the line without being stopped somewhere else in the chain of command, those orders will be carried out.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Fun Call to Action: Everybody send Bill Barr pics (email, social, snail mail, whatever) of John Mitchell.
I know you've been busy the last 17 years and not able to post often, but I must take a moment to say how much I've enjoyed your posts now you're posting.

____

I think one reason Dems hope to move swiftly (not hurriedly, but swiftly, as I heard Swalwell say this morning) is because they understand the peril of giving the Trump people time to regroup and mount some counter-offensive, disingenuous though it will may be.

The Trump cabal knows the value of narrative and messaging -- even if based entirely on lies. One of the most important questions asked of Acting DNI Maguire yesterday was whether the whistleblower's complaint matched in substance what was contained in the phone conversation summary released by Trump. He said it did. That answer boxes Trump in based on the known facts to date.

Another reason is due to the obvious insane, inherent volatility of this "president." I think even Republicans know how destructive it may be to try to shoo him from the Oval Office in a close election in 2020. They've done the math. They know they are in peril for 2020.

Much as they may hate to do it, an incontrovertible vote in the Senate that requires removal may do more to safeguard our election in 2020 than anything else.

They've got to get the drop on him, however. There won't be another chance, even as Dems mount additional impeachment efforts with bank and tax fraud, emoluments, etc. If they allow those further impeachment efforts to go forward because they failed to remove Trump over the Ukraine criminality, it's a constant, slow dribble of filth against them in the run-up to November 2020, and they'll be stuck with Trump as a candidate. If they get rid of him now, there is still a chance they can mount a successful run with an alternative candidate.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Here's a good picture and article about Mitchell that everyone could send to Barr.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:48 PM
Charter Member

Tulsi Gabbard now supports impeachment.

Looks like this was too much, even for Russia!

Last edited by JohnT; 09-27-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:50 PM

CNN has a list of the 13 house democrats that are not yet supporting impeachment.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/polit...ent/index.html

Last edited by SmellMyWort; 09-27-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: ETA: I guess 12 now given JohnT's post!
Old 09-27-2019, 12:56 PM

Thank you for reminding me to send an email to Cornyn and Cruz. I will tell them that I walked the streets for Beto last year (and he came close to winning) and plan to do the same for whoever runs against Cornyn. And I will tell Marc Veasey to keep the faith -- he's already in the impeach group.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:59 PM

"The spinning that's been done by the president's defenders over the last 24 hours since this very damaging whistleblower complaint came out ... is not surprising but it is astonishing and I think deeply misleading." - Chris Wallace live on Fox News this morning