Old 11-25-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
Assault's ok if you don't like what the assaulted person was doing?
There's a current right-wing propaganda movement to foster this very attitude, as long as what the assaulted person was doing was blocking a road in a street demonstration for some liberal cause or other.
Quote:
[I]n the wake of recent protest movements including Black Lives Matter, authoritarian state legislators across the country have been working to legitimize the act of crashing a car into people on the street if those people happen to be protesting. [...]

[T]hese bills are part of an attempt to quell and control civil rights movements. Republican legislators are attempting to ease restrictions on drivers murdering demonstrators. At the same time, theyíre also trying to criminalize peaceful protest. [...]

That conservatives have long lamented riots and looting ó considering them violent instigations rather than reactions to a violent system ó but are simultaneously attempting to discourage peaceful protest is not a coincidence. The problem, as these bills showed, is the act of protest itself.
Conservative lawmakers don't like the optics of mobilizing law enforcement to repress peaceful left-wing protests, which saw a resurgence under GW Bush especially during the Iraq War. But they don't like the protests happening either, because people might start to notice. So they have not un-shrewdly enlisted the natural road-ragey tendencies of non-protesting drivers to shift the focus of discussion from "What are these protestors angry about?" to "Should you be able to run down protestors with impunity when you're angry at them for blocking the way of your car?"

It ought to be a no-brainer that of course you're not entitled to deliberately drive your car into pedestrians in your way, even if the pedestrians' blocking the road is annoying, stupid and/or illegal. But the combination of the short fuse and sense of entitlement that our car-centered culture fosters in drivers with the propaganda movement against left-wing protest has proved very effective at blurring that principle.

Conservative drivers in particular are being encouraged to consider a traffic impediment a literally intolerable frustration, and to believe that blocking roads for protest is worse than deliberately driving into pedestrians. So in this view the people who deserve to be mocked in that situation are the violently assaulted road-blockers, not the drivers who violently assault them.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiver View Post
If he drove off he was vulnerable to a potential gunshot. By opening the door he was able to knock him off balance and neutralize both types of attack.
And you think he was less vulnerable when he stopped the car and allowed the assailant to get closer to him. OK buddy. This must be a special kind of gun that gets less accurate when people get closer and move slower.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes, a car CAN be used as a deadly weapon but it wasn't in this case.
Did you close your eyes during the part where he rammed his car into the dude?

Because that part happened before the stick was used, when the only thing the pedestrian was guilty of is blocking traffic.

Blocking traffic is really annoying, but if someone is blocking traffic you maybe shouldn't run them over with your car.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
the summary lacks the fact that there's a screaming loon wearing a mask and holding weapon.
Hey, pal, you can dress anyway you want when you post. Sometimes I'm just back from a run wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt.
Your clothing choices are your own & we won't judge.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:30 AM

If this were posted to Reddit's Am I The Asshole subreddit, I'd go with ESH.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:08 AM

Thanks to OP for introducing us to his impartial news source. Here are their five trending stories:
1. Watch: John Stossel Destroys Climate Change Myths In Terrific Video
2. An Antifa Member Tries to Block a Car and Assault Someone, It Doesn't Go Well (Seriously)
3. With Less Than a Year in Office, How's the Squad Doing? Here's a Look Into the Freshmen's Senior-Level Alleged Corruption
4. Reports: Since Dems Haven't Proven Their Case, Pelosi Might Not Do an Impeachment Vote
5. Cough it Up, California: The State's AG Has Charged You $21 Million for His Lawsuits Against President Trump. So Far
But I agree that it's a real shame the Left is overrun by so many untold thousands of bloodthirsty antifas. The Right should be proud that Trumpists and neo-Nazis direct their political impulses in the finest traditions of MLK and Mahatma Gandhi.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:25 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Moderating: there is an argument happening but it doesnít seem to be much of a great debate. More rant-y less debate-y. Off to the Pit.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
An Antifa guy tried blocking someoneís car, smacks the car with a bat or pipe. It did not end well for him.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...ell-seriously/

Canít we discuss civilly? Protest civilly? Agree to disagree, then vote accordingly?
Before clicking through to the article, without reading another post in the thread, I made a bet with myself: "this involves an antifascist attacking someone who is closely affiliated with neo-nazis or far-right militias. Probably in or around Portland, Oregon."

So... okay, not totally right.

The reality was somehow even dumber than this. It's a random livelink video shared by someone named "BasedPoland" (no points for guessing that this guy flirts with the far right fringe, as nobody else uses language like that and most of his posts are about nationalism, including nationalism in other countries), and the only information provided apart from the video is dismissed in the article. Instead they insist that he's "antifa" based on...

Fuck, dude, I dunno what I expected from fuckin' Red State, but it wasn't any better than this, I'll tell you that much. We have literally zero information or context on this, beyond "probably in the US" and "the dude was wearing a mask and hoodie". And from that, you want to say... what, exactly?

Glad this got moved to the pit, because otherwise I would have to mince words. You're a fucking idiot, dude. I'd elaborate on that, but I'd hate to put more work into my insults than you put into your OP.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
block[ing] traffic [is] basically a form of terrorism in my opinion.
Man, apparently al-Qaeda didn't need to fly planes into skyscrapers to terrorize us, all they needed to do was come over here and block traffic. If only they'd known!
Old 11-25-2019, 09:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
He could have busted the window out on the next swing and knocked the driver out. If he had a gun than driving away just makes the driver an easy target. This falls under fight-or-flight rules.
And if he had a grenade (he might have), that would absolutely justify the driver bodily throwing him off a bridge.

We can make up all kinds of insane hypothetical scenarios for why lethal force may have been justified, but in none of them is it necessary, especially since there's no evidence the guy has a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
How about backing up the vehicle, and getting out of there by taking a cross-street, a gas station, a parking lot, or similar; so as to de-escalate the situation, and when you are safe, calling police?
Not enough blood for the death cultist over here.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I'm not arguing about the legal justification at all. People here love to claim that they have a reality-based worldview. Here's the reality: if you deliberately act like an ass, blocking traffic or doing other stupid shit to annoy people, some of those people, in reality, will beat your ass for it. In this age of cameras everywhere, the chances are high that your ass-beating will be caught on camera and your poor decision-making skills will be the basis of much mockery on the internet.
Sure. And it's a reality-based worldview that there will be people on the Internet who are assholish enough to cheer on the people who are handing out the beatings, rather than saying, "yeah, Guy 1 was acting like an ass, but that nowhere near justifies Guy 2 ramming his car into Guy 1."

That this is reality doesn't mean they're right or good. We can still make moral judgments while acknowledging reality as it is. In fact, the people at RedState cheering Guy 2 on (which, given the presentation of the video on their site, includes the people running the site) are horrible, amoral people. Don't you be one of them.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Man, apparently al-Qaeda didn't need to fly planes into skyscrapers to terrorize us, all they needed to do was come over here and block traffic. If only they'd known!
I've been saying this for years. If some organization flipped a semi on the Wilson Bridge every morning, it would be far more effective than some bombs some place.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
An Antifa guy tried blocking someoneís car, smacks the car with a bat or pipe. It did not end well for him.

Canít we discuss civilly? Protest civilly? Agree to disagree, then vote accordingly?
I'd strongly consider having a critical look at your cite. It's not just an article from a webstie called "RedStates" - but it cites a tweet from a guy called BasedPoland. "Based" is a term strongly correlated with hard alt-right idiots who look up to that guy.

When a skinhead tells you "antifas are the bad people", you should probably not listen. You should also probably not listen to anything else they have to say, although their opinions on ice cream might be valid.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
When a skinhead tells you "antifas are the bad people", you should probably not listen. You should also probably not listen to anything else they have to say, although their opinions on ice cream might be valid.
No way. They only like plain vanilla.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
The definition of terrorism includes "intimidation especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims" so explain how it's not terrorism.

It's easy to say it's just demonstrating or whatever but it impedes firetrucks, police, ambulances, and other first responders from doing their job.

Now I don't think this video can be construed as some sort of political demonstration without more context, it appears to just be a lone idiot. It also appears that at the beginning of the video the driver was out of the car in some kind of confrontation with said idiot and then get back in his vehicle before the rest unfolds. This obviously doesn't appear to be some organized demonstration barring more details.

Do I think it's ok to run people over? No but I have to admit it's funny to watch when they get a "helpful" nudge from the vehicle. Both should face charges, but I don't have any sympathy for the guy who got his ass beat, I have some for the driver.

Last edited by pool; 11-25-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:23 AM

Question for HD and Magiver and pool:

Would you Give-A-Fuck, if instead of an Antifa face cover, the protester was wearing a MAGA hat?

What if the MAGA hat guy would get a beat down. Still think it was justified response by the driver of the vehicle?

Would you be as angry and feel justified in advancing on the MAGA protester with your car because he was impeding your right of way on a public road?

Last edited by QuickSilver; 11-25-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Question for HD and Magiver and pool:

Would you Give-A-Fuck, if instead of an Antifa face cover, the protester was wearing a MAGA hat?

What if the MAGA hat guy would get a beat down. Still think it was justified response by the driver of the vehicle?

Would you be as angry and feel justified in advancing on the MAGA protester with your car because he was impeding your right of way on a public road?
Pushing the guy with the car can't be justified, although it is funny to watch, it's inherently dangerous and out of proportion, still don't feel bad for the guy though.

One could argue that the beatdown was more justified however because the owner was preventing a crime against his property. At that point it appears the guy is to the side of the car and out of danger and continues to escalate the situation.

I would not run someone over for blocking my car, if in a different situation let's say I saw someone vandalizing my car with a stick, I feel I would be within my rights to stop them with violence to a certain extent.

If it was some guy in a MAGA hat I would laugh just as hard and also feel no sympathy for them.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Redstate? "Based Poland"? False equivalency between a guy driving a truck into protesters and a guy.....with a stick? How much does the truck weigh? How fast can it go?

Truck vs.stick is the perfect example of rightwing false equivalency, unless it's that dude with a gun who murdered a kid with a stereo. That's called escalation, and it's grotesque. I'm sure if it was a little old lady in a pussycat hat with a cane, the rightwing would turn her into a hairy-legged avenging harpy with a bat by news time.

And whining about antifa in this situation is more false equivalency. The Reichwing has actual Nazis wearing actual swastikas and actual Iron Crosses and MAGA hats matching in the streets, being defended by the president, and running for office under the GOP banner. Steven Miller has been exposed as an actual white supremacist. And Repubs? They keep trying to compare fascists and.....anti-fascists, when they're not trying to say that the Democratic Peoples' Republic of North Korea is really a Republic. Oh, wait.

/slight exasperated sarcasm with this crap again.

https://www.newsweek.com/alt-right-a...leaded-1461463
They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:42 AM

I'll also add that this appeared to be a lone guy and the driver could have put it in reverse and taken a different route, I assume.

If it was a situation where you were surrounded by people on all sides, you basically have no options. If I was in that situation and let's say they were hitting my car, is it ok to indiscriminately run over a mass of people, no I don't believe so. Does it become ok at a certain point? What if they start breaking my windows and attempt to pull me from the car or something? What if my kids are in the car, I don't know the intentions of those people, is it ok to start running people over then, if only to get out of the immediate area? It's probably a case by case basis but I think it's human nature to panic if a swarm of angry people with uncertain intentions are surrounding you, a lot of people may not be dead, cold rational in that situation.

Last edited by pool; 11-25-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
"Based" is a term strongly correlated with hard alt-right idiots who look up to that guy.
Sorry, wrong link, the right guy is the "disambiguation" link on top of mine. But it's pretty funny that there'd be *two* prominent hard right idiots with the exact same name.
Charter Member

Quote:
The definition of terrorism includes "intimidation especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims" so explain how it's not terrorism.
Because no one's terrorized, that's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
No way. They only like plain vanilla.
I'll have you know, I make ice cream, and plain home made vanilla is sublime, dammit. With real vanilla.

What it needs is caffeine. Seriously, home made ice cream? DO IT.
They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:45 AM

As an aside, there's always been for me a little niggling bother whenever calls for civility come up. I could never really nail it down, but fortunately John Scalzi answered that question in one of his Reader Request Questions for this year much better than I ever could.

From the top of that post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by One of John Scalzi's Readers
Civility: A genuine plea for common understanding, or just another tool to oppress?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scalzi
I mean, why not both?

Which is to say that one can genuinely wish for ďcivilityĒ ó a sort of courtly and dignified mode of discourse ó without understanding all the ways that ďcivilityĒ generally favors the more powerful parties in said discourse and/or can be used to mask or minimize within the discourse wholly awful ideas, events and opinions.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
I'll have you know, I make ice cream, and plain home made vanilla is sublime, dammit. With real vanilla.

Hmmmm...caffeinated ice cream? I'll take some!
Old 11-25-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I'll also add that this appeared to be a lone guy and the driver could have put it in reverse and taken a different route, I assume.

If it was a situation where you were surrounded by people on all sides, you basically have no options. If I was in that situation and let's say they were hitting my car, is it ok to indiscriminately run over a mass of people, no I don't believe so. Does it become ok at a certain point? What if they start breaking my windows and attempt to pull me from the car or something? What if my kids are in the car, I don't know the intentions of those people, is it ok to start running people over then, if only to get out of the immediate area? It's probably a case by case basis but I think it's human nature to panic if a swarm of angry people with uncertain intentions are surrounding you, a lot of people may not be dead, cold rational in that situation.
What if the car was on fire? What if they were holding your mom hostage? What if they were all zombies?

You want to blow this out of proportion to justify various acts of violence, be my guest. It's fun to fantasize. Have at it.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:

But what if Hitler was covered in glue and setting your kid on fire ?
Old 11-25-2019, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Yes, in a totally different situation than the one faced by the driver of the car in the video, such as if the car was surrounded, the driver's kids were in the back seat, and the people surrounding the car were smashing the windows and breaking in - sure, the driver would be justified in putting the car in motion.

And if someone knocks on my door to sell me aluminum siding and I respond by shooting him, saying "what if a hundred people surrounded my house and they were smashing the windows to get in, while my innocent babies were asleep upstairs?" isn't a defense.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:52 AM

Freedom to hit trucks and impede lawful progress is not freedom from being consequenced. Let’s hope that the masked fool learned a valuable lesson.

Last edited by octopus; 11-25-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post

You could be the new Zuckerberg with that idea. Make a billion and then be pilloried for making an addictive product that destroys society.

Last edited by octopus; 11-25-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, in a totally different situation than the one faced by the driver of the car in the video, such as if the car was surrounded, the driver's kids were in the back seat, and the people surrounding the car were smashing the windows and breaking in - sure, the driver would be justified in putting the car in motion.

And if someone knocks on my door to sell me aluminum siding and I respond by shooting him, saying "what if a hundred people surrounded my house and they were smashing the windows to get in, while my innocent babies were asleep upstairs?" isn't a defense.
Well yes I think this thread merits discussion of this one video and also the greater topic of large organized political demonstrations that block traffic and intimidate drivers, which I find to be a form of terrorism, I think we can have both conversations in the same thread, but we could start a new thread if you want.

Last edited by pool; 11-25-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:57 AM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Freedom to hit trucks and impede lawful progress is not freedom from being consequenced. Letís hope that the masked fool learned a valuable lesson.
That there is a difference between a dented vehicle and a dented human being?
No, wait-that's a valuable lesson people like you need to learn.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Freedom to hit trucks and impede lawful progress is not freedom from being consequenced. Letís hope that the masked fool learned a valuable lesson.
Was Heather Heyer wearing a mask?
Old 11-25-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
That there is a difference between a dented vehicle and a dented human being?
No, wait-that's a valuable lesson people like you need to learn.

Dammit, this board has no up-vote button..!

< checks again >
Old 11-25-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Was Heather Heyer wearing a mask?
Mob violence can result in serious injuries or death. I donít advocate for political violence. Unlike many of you. I believe in the rule of law and democratic engagement following orderly and established procedures not mob rule. Unlike many of you.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
If you're going to play the "literal/dictionary" game, do it better; point out where RTFirefly explicitly said blocking traffic was not terrorism. Instead, he suggested that flying planes into buildings was not the only method for terrorism, granting your suggestion that blocking traffic also qualified.

Quote:
Do I think it's ok to run people over? No but I have to admit it's funny to watch when they get a "helpful" nudge from the vehicle. Both should face charges, but I don't have any sympathy for the guy who got his ass beat, I have some for the driver.
Out of curiosity, would you feel exactly the same way if the pedestrian was wearing a MAGA hat and the driver was black? As hypothetical alternatives go, it's less of a stretch than some of the scenarios postulated in this thread.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Mob violence can result in serious injuries or death. I donít advocate for political violence. Unlike many of you. I believe in the rule of law and democratic engagement following orderly and established procedures not mob rule. Unlike many of you.
Was Heather Heyer engaged in political violence, then ?
Old 11-25-2019, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

"Agent Philbert Desanex? We are sending you to infiltrate Antifas."
"OK. Where do I go, who do I contact"
"We have no idea. Here's a mask, good luck."
Old 11-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

This is just the break that the Hunter Biden Impeachment Inquiry has been waiting for!!
Old 11-25-2019, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Cite that Heather Heyer was engaged in mob violence.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Was Heather Heyer engaged in political violence, then ?
Rewatching the video, at the moment there didn’t appear to be any political violence. It’s folks walking down the street. I seem to recall scattered violence initiated by members of each group that preceded this event. That’s why I don’t recommend or support any mob violence. Once it’s legitimized as a valid tactic in any sphere the most psychopathic wins.

Last edited by octopus; 11-25-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:32 AM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Says the hypocrite who thinks people should take the law into their own hands and "bump" human beings with multi-thousand lb. vehicles.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Cite that Heather Heyer was engaged in mob violence.
Pssst... you can ask once per thread.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Rewatching the video, at the moment there didn’t appear to be any political violence. It’s folks walking down the street. I seem to recall scattered violence initiated by members of each group that preceded this event. That’s why I don’t recommend or support any mob violence. Once it’s legitimized as a valid tactic in any sphere the most psychopathic wins.
... yeah yeah so who was engaged in political violence then ? C'mon, it's on the tip of your tongue I'm sure. It's OK. We won't judge. This is a safe space where you can disavow murderous fascists.
Or can't you ?

Last edited by Kobal2; 11-25-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Says the hypocrite who thinks people should take the law into their own hands and "bump" human beings with multi-thousand lb. vehicles.
Itís not hypocrisy you illiterate, low IQ fool. See, even if the events share some similarities one is a grape and one is kumquat. Thus, they are different and no relationship between the discrepancies can be established. Not that there is a discrepancy.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Sure. And it's a reality-based worldview that there will be people on the Internet who are assholish enough to cheer on the people who are handing out the beatings, rather than saying, "yeah, Guy 1 was acting like an ass, but that nowhere near justifies Guy 2 ramming his car into Guy 1."

That this is reality doesn't mean they're right or good. We can still make moral judgments while acknowledging reality as it is. In fact, the people at RedState cheering Guy 2 on (which, given the presentation of the video on their site, includes the people running the site) are horrible, amoral people. Don't you be one of them.
Oh, it's far too late for that. Ditka supports torturing prisoners and murdering their families. He supports blanket discrimination against people based on their religion. He supports putting children in concentration camps. He supports forcing women to bear children against their will in order to appease his imaginary god and get sent to an imaginary paradise.

He probably likes country music and eats his pizza with a knife and fork too.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
... yeah yeah so who was engaged in political violence then ? C'mon, it's on the tip of your tongue I'm sure. It's OK. We won't judge. This is a safe space where you can disavow murderous fascists.
Or can't you ?
Iím not sure what you donít understand about disliking any political violence. I donít care if itís initiated by fascists or Antifa or anyone in between. Itís all bad. And I donít believe speech to be a license for assault.

Regardless, dude hopefully learned his lesson and will keep his hands and implements off of other peopleís property.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Pssst... you can ask once per thread.
You haven't said whether you think her death was deserved.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Iím not sure what you donít understand about disliking any political violence. I donít care if itís initiated by fascists or Antifa or anyone in between. I
And yet you're still dodging a direct answer to a question the answer to which is pretty fucking obvious to everyone else. I'll ask it again : in the case of Heather Heyer's murder, who was engaged in political violence ?
Old 11-25-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You haven't said whether you think her death was deserved.
I donít think it was. But she was at a place where mob violence due to politics was or did happen and when mob violence occurs itís like letting a genie out of the bottle. Thatís why I donít go to political rallies. Running into you pit loons in real life with your bike locks, your sticks, your Dodge Challengers. Not my idea of a good time.

Now of course the usual subjects will whine that this is victim blaming and then start completely misrepresenting what I said while concurrently opening up 3-4 ATMB threads which will result in the dart throwing monkey being employed once or twice again. Just a prediction.

Anyways, Iíll be honest Iím really surprised that the violence hasnít escalated more. Iíd have thought weíd have had IEDs and stuff at these political rallies. Iím surprised by the restraint the various shadowy factions are showing and frankly itís puzzling. My guess is they are all aware of the need to maintain some level of support or tolerance from the public as a whole.

Since this is the kinder gentler pit, have a happy thanksgiving.🦃
Old 11-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
the greater topic of large organized political demonstrations that block traffic and intimidate drivers, which I find to be a form of terrorism
Ah, "and intimidate drivers." Uprooted them goalposts, I see.

Once again: blocking traffic isn't terrorism, because nobody's terrorized. Annoyed or irritated, maybe even upset. But not terrorized. That's why it's not terrorism.