Old 11-27-2019, 08:36 AM

Happy Hump Day!

It's a rainy 45 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 61 and be cloudy all day.

I woke up too early, got the brats to daycare just as they were opening. Sat in the truck for a bit as there were a lot of dogs going in. I think from the amount of stuff being carried in with some of the dogs, some of them are being boarded for the holiday.
It seems Echo has a new name at the daycare.... Trouble. When it isn't so crowded I'll ask for details.

I hope all goes well Mama Zappa.

Talked with neighbor two doors up a bit yesterday. She called the landlord of the neighbor between us to ask about getting the trees cut down because they are knocking the fence over. She mentioned that my dogs were getting into her yard, so I hope that is not going to be an issue. If I have to get a fence then I'll ave to get a fence, but maybe I can get him to pay for half of it. He's supposed to be out one day this week, I hope I can catch him and ask him about the broken window. And the pipes on that side of the basement. I can't use the utility sink int he basement because my pipes tie into her pipes and if the plumber fixes my pipes it will break hers. That means her basement will flood.
Ask me if I care.... because I don't. I really like my neighbor, and I have to live next door to her, so I try to get along... but I can't use the sink. That means my son has to carry the bucket of water from the dehumidifier upstairs everyday to empty it. I can't use my back closet. I need to repair the side where the squirrels chewed in, but there is no sense in fixing that side if the other side is crumbling because of her missing window. Now I'm seeing some water spots in the corner of the ceiling.
I know she is a hoarder, or maybe not a hoarder, maybe just overwhelmed with everything in the house. The basement is wall to wall, floor to ceiling boxes, with just a small path from the stairs to the door. When the gas company had to get in, she left the basement door open for them but blocked the door to the upstairs. They forced it anyway because they had to inspect her stove before turning the gas back on. When they came back out the one guy questioned me about her, how old is she, does she live alone, does anybody check on her, is she depressed, etc. He said her house is pretty bad, the kitchen is filthy, and looks like it hasn't been touched in 15 years.
I've long suspected she is a hoarder, or maybe not. She has lived there her whole life and after her parents died she probably didn't throw anything away. I'm sure her parents were affected by living through the depression, and a lot of those people won't throw anything away. When I was trimming back her yard I found so much stuff, her back patio is wall to wall stuff, what I can see through the missing window is wall to wall stuff.
Not my business how other people live, until it starts to affect how I live.

Anyway, I have rambled way too much and I need to get some stuff done around here.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:46 AM

we dont get them that cheap often much anymore the last time was around labor day ......its raining here again,,,,,,,
Old 11-27-2019, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

It has begun.
: pours 3rd whiskey of the morning :

Enjoy, Mama, it sould like a feast!
Old 11-27-2019, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Dental exam at 0815 today. I'll have more coffee, and then take a shower in half an hour.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:00 AM

doooggggiiioooo Tell us some retail stories.

Blurf another long ass day. I am so looking forward to having the day off tomorrow and I only have to irk a half day on Firday then the weekend. Yay!!!!!!111
Old 11-27-2019, 11:08 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Brent gave me a monster drawing to do. None of it is particularly difficult or unusual, but it's a top-level assembly, so I have to create lots of views and sections to show where and how various components are installed. Keeping track of them is a challenge. I'm hoping I can finish it today, but I dunno. It's a good time for a lunch break!
Old 11-27-2019, 11:43 AM

We're in Central Orygun.

It's snowing here, for certain values of 'snow'. It's those teeny tiny ice crystal like snowflakes, not the big fluffy snowflakes. We got about 1/2" overnight. But we don't have to go anywhere. We can stay inside and play with the TV.

We got a small Roku TV on sale and we have lots of stuff to watch, and we can get national news. We can even get one of the Portland news stations if we run an HDMI cable from the computer to the TV. We should be able to 'cast' from the 'puter to the TV, but I haven't been able to get it to work, yet.

Anyway, I'm up, as are the 'boys'. Wifey is still abed. We bagged leaves yesterday and she's sore. We wanted to get 'em done as it was supposed to snow yesterday afternoon, but didn't until after we went to bed.

Is it still a 'hump' day if Thursday is a holiday?
Old 11-27-2019, 12:55 PM

I over-didded again. I'm not 100% today. I passed pie making over to Mid-daughter. I've already made the crusts.
My dressing is mixed except for raw eggs. I'll need it in oven by 10am tomorrow. I've informed SIL. He has several side dishes and starters planned. The bird is being fried. Son-of-a-wrek is captain of that ship.
I'll nap this afternoon. It'll be quiet. They're taking the grand-wreks on an outing. SIL has a pork roast in the crock pot. He's pulling it for sammiches tonight.
I walked 5 dogs on leashes this morning. It was neat to see them jockeying for positions. Betsy the Beagle led the pack, nose in the air.
The Siamese are not happy. They got me up early for their breakfast. Slept on the dryer beds til people started waking up and all the activity started. They're in my room, now. Sulking.
Happy Thanksgiving eve, y'all.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-27-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:59 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
They're taking the grand-wreks on an outing.
Will they be armed?
Old 11-27-2019, 01:59 PM

I had to go back to Publix as I had forgotten a few things. It is a madhouse. I saw a woman in the spice aisle put some spice in her pocket Anyway, if I don't have it by now I shall do without. I had to get jellied cranberry sauce instead of the preferred whole berry cause that was all they had and I know I could make my own but ain't gonna.

I am tahred and ready to go home. No 59 minutes as of yet but still hopeful.

and 59 minutes is granted just now.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 11-27-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Will they be armed?
They're at an indoor play place with trampolines and arcade games. Being armed would not do.
Imagining the noise in such a place gives me a headache.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:14 PM

Thanksgiving disaster averted. Mama forgot the cranberries. I have been all over town, and may have purchased the last whole berries in town.

They are delivered. (Along with the turkey fryer, which has been a source of nagging for a month... Even though the old woman decided three weeks ago to make a fresh ham. It's out of my shed and in her way now, though, and officially Not My Problem.)

Stepbro and SIL arrived safely. SIL was still taking a much-needed nap at the hotel when Bro surprised my dad at lunch. Dad called him a dumbass, right in front of the preacher. So there's that.

I have a sore throat, and all non-critical chores can wait for another day. Gotta make two pecan pies and bake the cured ham. That's all. Napping is on the agenda today.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:15 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Monty just made me glad I'm leaving. He's checking some of my drawings and several have come back 3 times because he keeps finding stuff - some that flat-out doesn't matter, and some that he should have caught in the first place. I'm so ready for the day to be done. At least I got Brent's monster drawing done.

Having some grapes and counting the minutes...
Old 11-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

It's blowing a gale here. It seems there are weather events every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I worry the power will go out, which is problematic because our oven is electric. Hasn't happened so far, but I just know it will eventually! I think I'll buy some propane today. If we lose power, I can make some sort of oven out of the propane grill. It has a side burner, and I also have a Colman stove.

And I need to chop some wood and bring it inside. And get some kindling. Just waiting for the boss's 'Everyone can go home two hours early' email.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:21 PM

It's good for Siameezers to have their delusions of control over their kingdom challenged.

I'm going to walk to the mall. I need a new pair of yoga pants. Don't judge. They're comfortable and go with everything. Then I'm going to try to work out. It's mind over joints. After that I have to do laundry and pack for the two days I'll be staying with son and DIL and dogs. I love trains and always look forward to a train trip as well as being with the kids.

I toasted nuts and seeds for the salad. My prep work is done, though I'll help with preparations tomorrow.

Mustn't forget the dog treats! If I don't bring 'em, the pups still love me but seem confused and disappointed. Can't have that!
Old 11-27-2019, 02:27 PM

Oh, if I have to go to a grocery store on the Wednesday before T-Day, I always make sure I go by the freezer case where the turkeys await!

I obtain such perverted joy at watching harried people buying a frozen bird. And in my head, I imagine what the conversations will be in that person's home.

I'm evil!

~VOW
Old 11-27-2019, 02:43 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
It has begun.
: pours 3rd whiskey of the morning :
Slacker; we started our nuts-so-coo-coo over the weekend.

Santa and the fudge were both much appreciated at work. Everyone was a little amazed that Santa had his own actual Da Jungle security badge with all the correct markings and everything. Heck -- as any of our drag-queen friends will tell you, accessories sell the look. And after all I've been doing this since 2014 and have met some wonderful (and devious) elves over the years.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:08 PM

Good job ruble!

The water line on our new fridge in our new house failed yesterday in the middle of dinner. The mess is cleaned up, the water is mopped up, and the fridge is finally back in position. This is now a problem for future me. Today me isn't doing much.

One question for the fix-its on the board - my kitchen floor is wood. It's oiled. I'm wondering if there's some kind of stronger sealant I should put on it under the fridge. Any thoughts?

Safe travels those who are.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I got all the prep stuff done for tomorrow. Go Me! Now 'tis chill time until time to make sup. I have decided to have pancakes 'n snausages for sup, cause, well, pancakes 'n snausages! Also I can do both on the griddle.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:26 PM

remember I said it was lightly raining before I went to bed this morning? well that turned into flash flood warnings as it hasn't stopped pouring yet .... and those clouds aren't going anywhere

Oh and i accidentally signed us up to make potato salad for our pub's potluck ......all i did was inquire as to how it worked and i found out someone was all ready bringing some so i said "oh well we make our own but if someones bringing some maybe next time "

there was a pause and she said you guys make it homemade? im like yeah ....Well i know the person whos supposed ot bring it and all she gets is the stuff that comes in a box from Walmart and says to the bar " do we want homemade potato salad " and apparently they said "hell yes " so were drafted ...... isnt a big deal tho because aunt makes too much fo it anyhow

Note after i started this post 20 minutes ago it stopped raining for a bit ...
Old 11-27-2019, 03:28 PM

Afternoon all. I am typing this in the local library in Illinois, I made such good time that I need to kill and hour or so before presenting myself at my Brother's lest I hear about my 'too fast' driving. Weather was perfect, traffic wasn't bad (breezed through Nashville), no accidents or work going on, so I averaged about 70miles an hour and made it in about 6.5 hours (including a Wendy's stop). Temp is down to 44F here, so glad I brought a heavier jacket with me.

Sounds like everybody else is having a normal day-before-Thanksgiving (to borrow from Zero Mostel, "Something enthralling, some appalling"). Everybody take care and get started on the Black Firday ads...
Old 11-27-2019, 04:12 PM

I learned something today.

Don't use bleach with a steam mop.
I didn't put bleach in the mop, I put it on the pad.
Had to open the windows and door, and go outside to breathe.

But the floor behind the fridge is very very clean and disinfected. I hope it burns the whiskers off the damn mice that have been hanging out back there.

I have two more hours and I have to go get the brats.
Then I get to go to irk.
Tomorrow I get to prepare for Firday.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:29 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Home at last! OK, I've been home for a while, but I've finally got a few minutes to post.

Daughter made PB&J marshmallows - the marshmallows have grape jelly in them and they're topped with PB - so much softer than store-bought and really yummy!! Last time, she made strawberry marshmallows - they make for really good rice krispy treats!

Dunno what we'll do for supper - I'll survey everyone else and see what they think. Meanwhile, I have the sweet potatoes in the toaster oven and butter is softening for the sweet potato souffle. I've got a busy evening ahead.

Daughter and SIL need to take my car tomorrow since her car is in the shop. No biggie - FCD wanted to take his car to my Mom's - he finds it more comfortable. And they're just going to his mom's, which is about 20-ish miles down the road.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Email from our president:

Quote:
As the good ship Mayflower approached what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts on November 11, 1620, Captain Christopher Jones Jr. was heard to yell “Who put that damn rock right where we wanted to anchor?!” The Pilgrims, clearly agitated after being passengers for more than 2 months in heavy seas, politely requested “GET US OFF THIS DAMN BOAT!” And so it was that at 3:00 p.m. on that notable date, Plymouth Rock became famous to all the world.

To honor that occasion, [we] will observe a Christopher Jones Jr. Holiday beginning at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon when the office will close until Monday – unless you have some reason to stay longer. Last one out, lock the door.

Have a great Thanksgiving all.

Last edited by Johnny L.A.; 11-27-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
there was a pause and she said you guys make it homemade? im like yeah ....Well i know the person whos supposed ot bring it and all she gets is the stuff that comes in a box from Walmart and says to the bar " do we want homemade potato salad " and apparently they said "hell yes " so were drafted ...... isnt a big deal tho because aunt makes too much fo it anyhow
That stuff that comes in a box ain't tater salad, it's lumpy mayonnaise.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Mashed Potatoes Can Be Your Friend...

Alt Title: (Mis)Adventures in Mashed Potatoes.

So, I'm getting two Thanksgivings this year, one on my side of the family on Thursday, and another on my BIL's side of the family on Friday. Friday's is a bit more in the style of a potluck, and I decided to make & bring real homemade mashed potatoes.

So last night I had some time to kill after I got off work, and decided to go ahead and peel my spuds. Been a while since I wielded a potato peeler, but, like riding a bike, you never really forget, so the peeling went pretty well.

After I got done with the peeling, I decided to push all the peel down into the garbage disposal, run some water, and let the disposal shred/mulch/fold/spindle/mutilate the mortal remains.

Next thing I know my sink is filling up. With potato mulch. Damn.

And it ain't going down. At all. Shit.

So I get a bucket, jam it up under my trap, and slowly loosen the pipe connectors to let the water and spud mulch drain out. I pull the trap, clean it, and reflect on all the times I meant to get a plumbing snake but didn't. But, a wire coat hanger, suitably straightened, does the trick. I reassemble everything, turn on the faucet....and the sink and disposal start filling up again. Double damn!

I dump the bucket in the toilet, and again put it under the kitchen sink to again disassemble my plumbing. More murky water and spud mulch comes out.

After reassembling my plumbing for a second time, I dump a gallon of vinegar in my disposal and put a large pot of water on to boil; once heated, I dump the boiling water down the disposal drain.

Now I have a sink full of spud mulch, vinegar, and boiling hot water. Fuck.

But then...did I hear something? A liquid chuckle? A gurgle? YES! The mulch/vinegar/water slurry is slooooooowly draining out. I get another pot of water on to boil.

Ten minutes later and the second pot of boiling water goes down the drain. All the way down, with no hesitation at all.

Moral of the story is: instant is really good enough, even for family.

And don't pass on the plumbing snake the next time you're thinking about picking one up.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:40 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The main moral - don't cram peelings down the garbage disposal! Bag'em and throw them in the garbage.

FCD wanted scrambled eggs-n-salami and toast for supper. I opened a can of soup. Easy peasy and we didn't have to venture out.

The sweet potatoes are baked, and as soon as they cool somewhat, I'll build the souffles. I also need to make the deviled egg fillings, but that won't take too long. The rest of the evening will be dedicated to chillage.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

We have supped and the kitchen is all spiffed just in time to get messed up all over again tomorrow. OYKW volunteered to vacuum the livin' and dinin' rooms so it won't need to be done tomorrow. I am beginnin' to think he will be useful around da cave when he retires. Attempts to domesticate him are provin' successful. We'll be able to clean together and have much more time for sloth.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:40 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post

One question for the fix-its on the board - my kitchen floor is wood. It's oiled. I'm wondering if there's some kind of stronger sealant I should put on it under the fridge. Any thoughts?
Oil finish or oil-based stain?

Over an oil-based stain I would use some kind of polyurethane sealant and re-do it every now and then; the books say 6 years but I would go 10. At least you have something down; I've known folks who had (knowingly or unknowingly) bare wood under the fridge or kitchen cabinets. Just the little bit of moisture and drips when everything is right can wreck havoc over the years.

Now oil finish is another story especially on floors. For that get an oil sealant and treat under the fridge and re-do every 5 years or so.

YMMV, offer not valid in California, and state and local taxes may apply. (In other words I just do crap for myself; I am not a trained professional. If you want my professional opinion come up with some reason you want to unload a trailer of 6000 loose packages. )

I am not sure if we;re in Kansas anymore --- or maybe we ARE in Kansas. In other words we are getting smacked with some serious winds. Part of tomorrow will be seeing what damage was done if any.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:16 PM

Sunny does your new fridge have a drip pan?
My uber-over-priced-piece-o'-crap didn't come with one. I have bamboo floors that are oiled. They turn water good. I'm careful to wipe up spills quickly though.
The crowd aka my family are getting ready to eat. SIL has taken over. (Thank-you!)
The pulled pork smells good. He makes his own bbq sauce. It's very good.
Grand-wreks are being noisy and cute. I bought board games. Oldest grand-daughter rolled her eyes when I suggested they play. (She's the only one with a phone, board games, how quaint) That's the first indication I've had that she's growing up. I mean she's just in kindergarten. She seems so much older than the boys. But, she was born old.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-27-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTank View Post
Alt Title: (Mis)Adventures in Mashed Potatoes.

So, I'm getting two Thanksgivings this year, one on my side of the family on Thursday, and another on my BIL's side of the family on Friday. Friday's is a bit more in the style of a potluck, and I decided to make & bring real homemade mashed potatoes.

So last night I had some time to kill after I got off work, and decided to go ahead and peel my spuds. Been a while since I wielded a potato peeler, but, like riding a bike, you never really forget, so the peeling went pretty well.

After I got done with the peeling, I decided to push all the peel down into the garbage disposal, run some water, and let the disposal shred/mulch/fold/spindle/mutilate the mortal remains.

Next thing I know my sink is filling up. With potato mulch. Damn.

And it ain't going down. At all. Shit.

So I get a bucket, jam it up under my trap, and slowly loosen the pipe connectors to let the water and spud mulch drain out. I pull the trap, clean it, and reflect on all the times I meant to get a plumbing snake but didn't. But, a wire coat hanger, suitably straightened, does the trick. I reassemble everything, turn on the faucet....and the sink and disposal start filling up again. Double damn!

I dump the bucket in the toilet, and again put it under the kitchen sink to again disassemble my plumbing. More murky water and spud mulch comes out.

After reassembling my plumbing for a second time, I dump a gallon of vinegar in my disposal and put a large pot of water on to boil; once heated, I dump the boiling water down the disposal drain.

Now I have a sink full of spud mulch, vinegar, and boiling hot water. Fuck.

But then...did I hear something? A liquid chuckle? A gurgle? YES! The mulch/vinegar/water slurry is slooooooowly draining out. I get another pot of water on to boil.

Ten minutes later and the second pot of boiling water goes down the drain. All the way down, with no hesitation at all.

Moral of the story is: instant is really good enough, even for family.

And don't pass on the plumbing snake the next time you're thinking about picking one up.

Never, NEVER, ever put potato peelings down a garbage disposal. Sometimes a damned disposal coughs and chokes on just potato!

Onion peels are a no-go, also. Celery can sometimes give you trouble.

They make disposals that can supposedly grind up chicken bones, they can gobble such things as napkins and teabags...but they cannot, under any circumstances handle potato peelings!

Just. Don't!

~VOW
Old 11-28-2019, 12:06 AM

Ah, lucky me. My garbage disposals have 4 legs and live in a kennel. I still doubt potato peelings go down right. ()
Old 11-28-2019, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Unbeknownst to me, a friend (well, he was until he did this) had unplugged the stove from the outlet...He got thrown out and became ex-friend.
Seriously? Were there other transgressions before this?

Also, what is N.O.S.?

------------------------------

Weeks ago, Mr. Rilch made reservations at the Grand Concourse for four. Us, FIL and step-MIL. This past weekend, step-MIL had a medical issue that required hospitalization. So neither of them was going to go. Monday morning, FIL told us he was cleared to go without her. Monday afternoon, he told us step-MIL was being released from the hospital Tuesday. But she still wasn't okay to go anywhere on Thursday. So he's staying home with her, friends are bringing T'giving dinner to them, and it's just me and Mr. Rilch at the Grand Concourse.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 49 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 71 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Mr. Turkey is in the oven roastin' away and smells nummy! Also tea is steepin' away as I post. Other stuff is on deck to either get cooked or warmed up. BZZY mornin' ahead. Guests should begin to arrive around elevenish for mimosas and various horse ovaries. I am told stuffded 'shrooms shall be amongst the goodies. YUM! We shall feast around one this p. of m. Lookin' forward to seein' and hostin' everyone. Also lookin' forward to seein' everyone go away.

Rilchiam, sorry, not enough caffeine to come up with a nickname yet, that place looks uber fancy! Hope y'all enjoy! Sorry your FIL and step-MIL won't be able to join you, but glad step-MIL is on the mend. N.O.S. stands for Not Our Sunny, Sunny Daze. See, it may be sunny out, but it's Not Our Sunny that is the big ball of yellow in the sky. However, I am sure she spreads nuttin' but sunshine and joy wherever she goes.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then I suppose I should purtify and don suitable attire to receive and entertain guests. One must be the host with the most after all!

Happy Thursday Y'all!

To all my Amurrkin friends....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!
GOBBLE! GOBBLE! GOBBLE!
Old 11-28-2019, 06:19 AM

Happy Day, Turkeys!

Ruble's wind has made the east coast. Waiting to hear if balloons will fly in NYC & Philly.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:19 AM

Happy Thorsday!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Woke up too early again this morning. This is getting to be a habit of which I do not approve.

It's a fair and windy 42, feels like 34, degrees outside. High of 46 with lots of wind predicted for the day.

I apologize in advance for hell freezing over, I have actually taken a day off from irk. I may change my mind and reschedule myself when I get home from the park.
We'll see.

All y'all enjoy your day. I will be busy preparing for tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:20 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Merry Turkey Day!

Woke at 4:40 after a very broken night. I wonder if my sleep pattern will relax upon retirement? I got the eggs and the souffles done last night and they're side-by-side in the fridge, so I shouldn't forget anything, right? We're leaving around 10. Mom plans for dinner around 1:30, which means we'll be all done eating by 2. We won't get home till after dark, but I'm hoping FCD will be driving - stoopit astigmatism makes night driving unpleasant for me.

Very windy here - you'd never know I had the leaves all cleaned up 3 days ago. Dammit. Maybe I can run thru the yard again on Sat, since rain is threatened on Sun and Mon.

Hope you all have a wonderful, drama-free day!
Old 11-28-2019, 07:48 AM
Charter Member

This year the Thanksgiving dinner I am doing will be small. Family is getting older, kids moving away, and this year has been the perfect storm for those who remain to go to the other side of the family.

So it will be me, my mother, my younger sister, BIL, and nephew. Just five. But we will have all the trimmings. It will be at mom's house but she will not have to lift a finger, I'm going there in a little over an hour to get cookin'. Last night I got some things set up. My sis will arrive around 10:30 to set the table. We decided to use the china! With wine in wine glasses even.

I fully intend to take the turkey carcass away with me, I always use it to do broth.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you all have a good day.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Watching the Macy's Parade. I'm going to Golden Coral with friends for dinner.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

And for the non-Muricans:

Thursday. Yay.

Butters the retail insanity does affect me as much currently.

Richiam, glad the ILs are getting Thanksgiving delivered.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:04 AM

Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am awake. Barely. I don't even know what time we are supposed to go up the street for Friendsgiving.
I guess I should make an inquiry.

I hope everyone has a great day and all travelers are safe.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:53 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Happy Day, Turkeys!

Ruble's wind has made the east coast. Waiting to hear if balloons will fly in NYC & Philly.
From what I saw at least NY got going. Those cross streets and winds gave the handlers a time though.

Other than that doing some laundry, some eBay, some state paperwork for this summer and generally puttering. Planning some shopping for a couple toy drives but if I do go out tomorrow it will be later in the afternoon.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:12 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I’m still recovering from this dang bronchitis. Every day I hit the wall about 2pm. Today I am staying home to rest. Dinner will be flank steak rolled in garlic butter, baked N.O.T., sautéed mushrooms, and green beans. I really want to see Ariel today but have to put my health first. Still not smoking. 26 days and I have NOT smoked 568 cigarettes.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

'Tis a quarter to nine, and the giblets are simmering for stock. Butter is on the counter to soften.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Happy Thorsday!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Woke up too early again this morning. This is getting to be a habit of which I do not approve.

It's a fair and windy 42, feels like 34, degrees outside. High of 46 with lots of wind predicted for the day.

I apologize in advance for hell freezing over, I have actually taken a day off from irk. I may change my mind and reschedule myself when I get home from the park.
We'll see.

All y'all enjoy your day. I will be busy preparing for tomorrow.
its your fault for the first time in almost 20 years and the first real snow in almost 35

ITS SNOWING ! here in the desert ..... we might get 2-3 feet s its supposed to snow all day wonder if well make the weather channel .......
Old 11-28-2019, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
ITS SNOWING ! here in the desert ..... we might get 2-3 feet s its supposed to snow all day wonder if well make the weather channel .......
I lived in Lancaster in high school and into my mid-20s. Mrs. L.A. grew up in Rosamond and Lancaster. We both attended QHHS.

Up here in almost-Canada, it's 34ºF and sunny.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. After frolicking on the beach, we'll be enjoying a huge turkey-fest put on annually by our neighbor. Just hope it doesn't stay too warm.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
From what I sa the handlers a time though.
Macy's balloons flew; low, but they flew. Philly gounded theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. After frolicking on the beach, we'll be enjoying a huge turkey-fest put on annually by our neighbor. Just hope it doesn't stay too warm.
Yanno, Iffn one puts the first piece of turkey in their pocket one can't CHOKE on said piece.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:01 PM

I'm in a death spiral. Chihuahuas won't stop yapping. They are in the garage, now. Sounds like barking in a tin box. Daughter and kids talk so LOUD. Now I know why!
My dogs are confused. Beagle Betsy is yodelling. Yorkie is spinning in circles. I'm going out of my mind. ()
Old 11-28-2019, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I'm in a death spiral. Chihuahuas won't stop yapping. They are in the garage, now. Sounds like barking in a tin box. Daughter and kids talk so LOUD. Now I know why!
My dogs are confused. Beagle Betsy is yodelling. Yorkie is spinning in circles. I'm going out of my mind. ()
Time to join the cats up on the beams?
Old 11-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't know if everyone can see this, but these photos were posted to the 'You know you're from the AV when...' Facebook page. It's really coming down!