Old 11-29-2019, 07:12 PM

Thanksgiving dinner has been consumed. Cleanup & then dessert later, once we're unstuffededed a bit.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:21 PM

It's brisket in South Arkansas, Carni. Maybe Kroger was just out. Ask at the service desk.

DIL dragged me out shopping for a while. So crushingly peopled was Walmart, I wanted to die. Bought a crap load of sleeping pants for all the adults. $3 was just too cheap to pass up. DVDs were $2 - $6. Some decent titles. SIL is the only one who likes them. He has 100s. I didn't see any he didn't have.
I was glad to get home. They are all eating at the camp tonight. Jambalaya, cooked by SIL. Not me. I'm eating PBJ. Maybe. The cats have came down since its quiet. I think they've missed me. Nah. Probably just want treats. I'm feeling pretty good today. My kidney seems to have calmed down, a bit.
Y'all have a good Friday eve.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Took care of stuff over to the church house and hid out in da cave the rest of the day. A good day. Weather was nice this afternoon, so we opened windows (the house kind) for a while. Leftovers for sup. Leftovers for tomorrow's sup as well. Probably leftovers for Sunday night sup. After that, should be all gone.

flytrap either Kroger was out of brisket or maybe does not carry brisket. When I buy brisket I get it at Sam's cause I can always get a good deal on one there. I have seen 'em at the Pubic Sto', so definitely one can find brisket in these parts.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:14 PM

I have a way of fixing the turkey boob for T-Day: I cut up in 3/4" dice different root veggies, like carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, and turnips. I put them in the bottom of the roasting pan and I set the turkey boob on top, after I coat it well with real butter. I even fussed for far too long to peel boiler onions to add to the veggie mix.

As the turkey boob cooks, those veggies are basted in turkey juices and melted butter. OMG, soooo gooood!

So, today, I chopped up the leftover turkey, threw in all the gravy, plus some chicken broth, then added the cooked root veggies.

THEN I mixed up Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuit mix and made dumplings...

Lovely, lovely leftovers!

~VOW
Old 11-29-2019, 09:54 PM
born to be shunned

Dinner yesterday was the traditional (for us) ham and fiesta corn and today it was a sort of ham chef's salad. Other than that no food to report. Did some general chores, got the furnace its yearly cleaning and inspection, shopped Ollie's for a couple toy drives and was generally productive. Tomorrow being my THIRD Saturday this week ---- I'm just at a loss. But I will muddle through.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:05 PM

I had a wonderful time at son and DIL's house. She is a superb cook. Pumpkin ice cream made from fresh, home-grown pumpkin is to die for! I was able to spend a lot of time with the pups, especially the one who's not long for this world. I'm so glad I got to say good-bye to that sweet boy. My son spends a lot of time caring for him--not in an over-the-top way, just feeding him, getting meds down him, and making sure he's comfortable. We should all have such loving care in our final days.

I shopped Black Friday on Amazon and got some good deals. Since I don't have a car now, delivery is the way to go.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post
Took Ursala Kitteh for her post surgery check up. Had to trap her behind the terlit! Girl is fine and has forgiven me.
ISTR James Herriott saying that in his opinion, if the four-legged patient was difficult or impossible to CATCH, there was probably little cause for worry.

Quote:
I thought about going to Target today but a nanosecond later realized that was a foolish idea.
Yeah, I should have rethought which transit path I took home. Made the mistake of taking the bus that went by one of the biggest malls in the area. For bonus "delight", it seemed that on every vehicle or at every waiting point, there was at least one utter ass who had crappy "music" booming from crappy tinny phone speakers so loudly that it could not be blocked out without turning my own earbuds up to painful levels.

At least at one of the light rail stations, the station kitty was about and quite pleased to spend some quality time in my lap or arms. Kitty snuggles improved my day, and the Princess has been derelict in her human-tending the last couple of days.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:15 AM

I fed the Sonic cat some pieces of my corndog today. Not much though, she's very fat. If I had been in my car she woulda gotten healthier fare. DIL doesn't carry cat treats.
'Nellie' so happy you had a good visit.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 45 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 79 and N.O.S. for the day. No real plans at all for the day. We may get out and about for a little while just cause. Might even be dumb enough to go to Wally*World! Or not. I do have to decide on some foodstuff to take over to the church house tomorrow for First Sunday Brunch. I feel uninspired right now. Our Bishop Elect will be with us tomorrow and 'tis also pledge Sunday, meanin' we turn in our pledge cards. We have ours all ready!

nellie glad you had a good visit and got to see that sweet doggie one more time.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants sustenance. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Sattidy Y'all!
Old 11-30-2019, 07:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Discovered this morning that the turkey is too big for my smoker, so it'll be oven-roasted with some liquid smoke in the pan to simulate smoking. It appears I should have requested the small bird instead of the medium. Oh well... I'll put it in late tonight and it'll be done in the morning.

Also discovered that I didn't clean the smoker last time I used it, dammit! I've removed what I could and it's all in a soapy sink. Then I'll go out with a soapy pan and a scotch brite pad and I'll de-grunge the innards. At least it'll be clean next time I want to use it.

Cloudy today, but no rain till late, so I'll make a quick pass with the mulcher/vac this afternoon. I need to go get gas first - all of our cans are empty except for the mixed gas for the blower and the chain saw. I figure one big can will get us thru the rest of the season, and we can refill all of them next spring.

And, of course, it's laundry day!

Happy Saturday!!
Old 11-30-2019, 10:09 AM

Happy Saturday!

Cold outside, supposed to be a cloudy 43 degrees today.

I suppose I should go outside and clean up all the mess that was cut down yesterday.
Maybe I will, I don't know.
I have to see if the dump is open today, and if they'll take a cc or if I have to go get cash.
I also have to move the rug in my bedroom. I knew I should have gone upstairs with them, the rug is running the wrong way. I'm hoping my son and I can get it turned the right way.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Discovered this morning that the turkey is too big for my smoker, so it'll be oven-roasted with some liquid smoke in the pan to simulate smoking. It appears I should have requested the small bird instead of the medium. Oh well... I'll put it in late tonight and it'll be done in the morning.

Also discovered that I didn't clean the smoker last time I used it, dammit! I've removed what I could and it's all in a soapy sink. Then I'll go out with a soapy pan and a scotch brite pad and I'll de-grunge the innards. At least it'll be clean next time I want to use it.

Cloudy today, but no rain till late, so I'll make a quick pass with the mulcher/vac this afternoon. I need to go get gas first - all of our cans are empty except for the mixed gas for the blower and the chain saw. I figure one big can will get us thru the rest of the season, and we can refill all of them next spring.

And, of course, it's laundry day!

Happy Saturday!!

FCM, I have discovered over the years, whenever I have a greasy, nasty item that must be cleaned, or if there is a cooking vessel with scorched yuck on the bottom, there is a secret weapon! Yes!

Along with the hot, soapy water and plans for soaking, add a glug of BLEACH. Then walk away.

After a bit, you'll find the bleach accelerates the soaking, and the greasy, scorched yuck will easily come off with the Scotch Brite pad.

Save your knuckles, your fingernails, and your temper!

If you are from the school of ammonia-cleaners, DO NOT MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA.

I'm a devout bleach person. Most of my t-shirts have white speckles at the bottom, or even little holes. Alas, the sacrifices we make...

~VOW
Old 11-30-2019, 10:38 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Back from Food Lion. The turkey is roasting, the neck is boiling for broth. The ribs for supper are in the slow-cooker with BBQ sauce. They should be ready to eat in about 6-7 hours. The turkey should be done in 7-ish hours also. The broth - maybe a couple more hours, then I'll pick the neck meat off.

It occurred to me that slicing the turkey and freezing it would be dumb. Instead, I'll remove the legs, thighs, and wings, then take off the breasts intact, and freeze everything that way. Once we thaw and heat them up in FL, we can finish the carving process. I just need to clear some freezer space.

Meanwhile, I need to gather the laundry and get it started. But I'm thinking I'll skip the leaves today. It's cold and overcast and I just don't wanna deal with it. Next weekend is forecast to be a bit sunnier and warmer. So, off to laundry land!!
Old 11-30-2019, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated and sheveled. It's raining. "Princess Pretty Paws" is refusing to go out.

nellie, glad you got to say goodbye to the pup.

VOW, I like bleach, too. As a cleaner of course.

Last edited by dogbutler; 11-30-2019 at 10:48 AM. Reason: FUBAR coding
Old 11-30-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Anyone here use Alexa or one of those things? FCD's folks would like one and I need to know if we need to buy anything other than the unit. I've tried reading up on it, and most of the articles just confuse me. But it looks like if you have an internet connection and a router, you're good. Is that correct?

Any suggestions of which to buy or not buy would be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:17 AM

Forgot to mention: During our traditional viewing of Planes, Trains and Automobiles, on a whim I turned on the French subtitles. Some slang terms were skipped over, others were double-translated. "We'd have better luck playing pickup sticks with our butt cheeks" became either "We're more likely to see an alien" or "We might as well get a ride on a spaceship." "How'd you like a mouthful of teeth?" looked like "I'll knock you unconscious." (Or was it a threat of death? I hope not!) And the car rental rant changed the F-bombs to "putain" (whore), but not every single one, and "Flintstones" became "Les Pierrafeu", which Google tells me is what they're called in Francophone countries. And instances of blasphemy ("Jesus" or "Oh my God") all became "Bon sang" (dammit).

Quelle amusement! Next year I'll either do the Spanish subtitles, or switch the audio to French.

Last edited by Rilchiam; 11-30-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Anyone here use Alexa or one of those things? FCD's folks would like one and I need to know if we need to buy anything other than the unit. I've tried reading up on it, and most of the articles just confuse me. But it looks like if you have an internet connection and a router, you're good. Is that correct?

Any suggestions of which to buy or not buy would be appreciated.
I have Alexa through my Fire Stick.
Me:"Alexa, will you kill all the humans during the Robot Uprising?"
Alexa: "I'm not sure."
Old 11-30-2019, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Also, there is an elephant mosh pit in the upstairs apartment.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:11 PM

Happy Birthday to me! (I am shameless.) In honor of my day, I asked the family to come over and help with the last unpacking. It's cold and wet out, though. I suspect my "party" will get postponed.

I also turned on the heater for the first time. It was about 60 in the house. I thought it might be nice to warm it up to 65 for visitors.

Happy Saturday!
Old 11-30-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Happy Birthday to me! (I am shameless.) In honor of my day, I asked the family to come over and help with the last unpacking. It's cold and wet out, though. I suspect my "party" will get postponed.

I also turned on the heater for the first time. It was about 60 in the house. I thought it might be nice to warm it up to 65 for visitors.

Happy Saturday!

Awwwww, Sunny, Happy BD!

Tuesday is my BD!

~VOW
Old 11-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!!!!!!

And shame is overrated.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:39 PM

FCM I don't have an Echo Dot but have given them as gifts. The recipients had internet connections with routers and were fine--set up quick and easy. The recipients loved 'em and have gone on to purchase "smart" extras so Alexa will turn on lights, adjust thermostat, etc.

Ugh, disgruntled at postal worker. Stuff I ordered from Amazon was supposed to arrive yesterday. I got a notice from Amazon saying USPS couldn't deliver because delivery point was blocked or inaccessible. Nope. No obstacles. This has happened before. I figure the driver gets lazy or rushed. Amazon says delivery will be attempted again "soon." What does that mean?

It's a nice cloudy day here. Morning fog has lifted. Laundry is on today's schedule, plus an errand or two on foot.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:57 PM

Happy Birthday, Sunny!!!

We were stuffed yesterday, and now so is the refrigerator. It was a pretty much traditional turkey day meal; turkey, stuffing, dressing, mashed taters, (not our Taters, who's still alive. I see her on the book of faces occasionally), gravy, home-made bread, (okay, it was Rhode' thaw-n-bake bread, but we baked it ourselves. ), coconut custard pie, and cheesecake. (New Yoak style. That's one thing New Yoakers actually do get right.)

It is currently 11F and sunny here. No plans for the day.

I got one of those Alexa Dots last year and played with it for a while, and now it just sits on an end table and occasionally 'answers' the TV. If I were to get one today, I'd get one with video capabilities.

Have a nice weekend, y'all!
Old 11-30-2019, 03:27 PM

Happy Birthday, Sunny!

I hope your day is filled with little joys, much appreciation, and a whole lotta cake!
Old 11-30-2019, 03:29 PM

Happy Birthday Sunny!

I have an Echo Dot, got it free with my Ring Doorbell.
I took it out of the box, looked at it, put it back in the box, and there is sits.

Took the love seat and an old rug to the dump. I probably should have left the rug in the back of the truck for when I need to take the branches to the dump.

Getting ready for my guests tomorrow. I'm tired though.
I may have to run to the store for a few things.
I need to get stuff ready to take out for the trash today since I probably won't have time tomorrow.
I won't be putting the bags of leaves in the depression out back. I tried, but Echo thought it great fun to drag the bags through the yard. She is such a little shit head.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNNY!

Well... So much for the begonias. Mrs. L.A. kind of let them go after I built the catio, since you have to go out and bring the hose in to water them. One of the begonias hasn't been doing to well, but the other one was doing pretty well... until yesterday. Thursday it seemed to be holding up, having gotten enough water from blowing rain. Thursday, after a night of sub-freezing temperatures, it was basically dead.

Speaking of sub-freezing temperatures, I've started plugging in the heat tape on the outside faucet. The pipe burst in December, 2016, just a day after we returned from a two-week vacation. We had it repaired, and I put a length of heat tape on it and put some insulation over it as well as I could. As noted, you have to go outside of the catio to get to the faucet. We run an electrical cord out the back door to the heat tape plug. This morning I plugged another cord into the first cord and plugged that one into the tape. Now I can plug it in and unplug it without having to go outside of the catio.

What else... I saw a coyote on the street behind our house this morning. Last night a skunk visited the back yard. Also last night, a large raccoon came up to the sliding back door of the catio.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:06 PM

Happy Birthday Sunny. Lazy day. The Christmas tree is in the house but still in the box. I don’t have the will or want to right now. Maybe later or for sure tomorrow. We are having leftovers so no cooking shall happen today. I think a nap is in order.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:27 PM

The majority of Thanksgiving leftovers are gone, & jambalaya has been made with them. Just waiting on dinner time to eat it; tried a bit & it was gooood.

Smoker racks & liquid pan have been cleaned. They get stored indoors. Smoker itself is by the garage door to be put away. Exterior spills have been wiped away but interior doesn't get cleaned since 1) it's stored 'outside' & 2) no fud touches the walls.

All was good from it but the cheese was excellente!

Got up extremely early (30:dark) for sunrise over the city, & reverse Manhattanhenge, to boot! Still need to look at the pics off camera. Might go to something tres cool tonight, the lighting of the lamp laig!!!
Old 11-30-2019, 05:04 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Turkey is done. Ribs are done. Biscuits are done. Green beans/onions/shrooms are cooking. Sweet N.O.T. souffle is baking. Almost supper time.

Laundry is done. But mostly, I didn't do much. It's been a dreary, overcast day.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM

My worst was when I tried making Thanksgiving dinner (well, lunch) for my mother; for various reasons, rather than our usual family meal with one or more of my brothers, it was just the two of us.

I precooked a turkey breast the night before, drove it the 45 minutes or so to my mother's house (where I grew up), put it in the oven for 15 minutes to warm up...and when I sliced it, the slices were pretty much brick-hard. It wasn't a total loss; the green beans and instant potatoes (Idahoan with Applewood Smoked Bacon) came out fine.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:15 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!!!!!!

And shame is overrated.
The birthday thing from us as well and having spent most of my life ashamed for one thing or another ------ its survivable; trust me.

Speaking of which ------ I have mentioned that we have way too much furniture - right? Well now we have half of our new dining room table home. We bought a pair of Civil War vintage "banquet tables" somewhat like this one
https://www.federalistantiques.com/images/1741.jpg
today. We got a basically matched pair, a little more Shaker than Federalist, marked down to $500 from someone going out of the business. Solid as Hell (you could stack dead bodies on them) and refinished ages ago but done very well and -------- we couldn't stop ourselves. And we've wanted to replace our current table for ages.

So now on top of the someday project desk ---- anyone wanna nice Extensole table? At its smallest its 20"x38" and opened up all the way between the leafs and inserts it can be 72"x38". Free to anyone who wants to drive to Da Burgh and get the damn thing. All the empty space we cleared over the summer is now full.
(pictures on request -- have already e-mailed the usual gang of suspects)

The OW and I have debated for the last several hours whose fault it is. She found the ad for the sale; I came up with a schedule for our day that allowed time to run a couple counties over to the sale.

Guns are one thing -- if the safe and out of the way. But furniture??????? Enough is enough --- until next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
I figure the driver gets lazy or rushed. Amazon says delivery will be attempted again "soon." What does that mean?
Basic translation -- as a unofficial representative peasant of Da Jungle -- you're screwed and at the mercy of Uncle Sugar. We have enough issues when its OUR vans and drivers let alone the G-men. Once (as I did until October) we turn it over to the USPS we have absolutely no influence whatsoever. Its in the fine print of the sweet-heart deal we got from them 6 years back.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:18 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Supper was good. All the dishes are done, the turkey is bagged for the freezer, and I'm about to assume the recline position. My lazy day ended with lots of busy...
Old 11-30-2019, 08:07 PM

This assignment is so irritating.
Now the woman who was supposed to go with my son to do the assignment is balking at it because she thinks everybody needs to be there, even though the other two assignments were missing somebody.
Another irritation is that she is sending group texts that are only coming to my son (well actually me since he is using my phone) so every text she sends has to be forwarded to the entire group.

So friends are still on for tomorrow and I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do. I thought about turkey tetrazinni, I'll need to buy some noodles. But then I inspected the fridge and saw the cabbage, and the peppers that I need to use. I was originally going to stir fry chicken with the peppers and onions and serve them in orange-ginger sauce.
Life is a lot easier when one doesn't have to make decisions.

I got two emails from fedex. I ordered two chairs from da jungle yesterday, supposed to be delivered Wednesday. The emails say that one of the chairs will be delivered tomorrow, but the other one has no delivery date, even though they are the same kind of chair, ordered on the same day at the same time, and are coming from the same place.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

I'm participating in a chili cookoff tomorrow. It's simmering along as I type. The cookoff is at a local laundromat/lounge. You can do your laundry and then go on the other side and have a beer.

It's a nice place really, the machines are always working, it's clean too. The bar side is nice, with a pool table, TV's and good suds. They keep the big mugs in a freezer until needed, keeping a nice chill on the beer. The folk I've seen aren't rowdy either, they just hang out.

Wish me luck.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:07 PM

I'm really tired. Usually I like riding the train, but it was noisy this time. And yes, I did have earplugs.

But otherwise, things are good.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:24 PM

Watched the laig lamp lit; they even reenacted the whole scene.

I am one of the few people who made Mr. Bezos poorer rather than richer. (I used the loo at Whole Paycheck but didn't buy anything.)
Old 12-01-2019, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 71 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 71 with rain/tstorms/apocalypse predicted for later this mornin' then partly cloudy (mostly N.O.S.?) this afternoon. We shall experience much cooler weather tomorrow. The big plan of the day is deheathenization followed by First Sunday Burnch. Also 'tis the First Sunday of Advent and pledge Sunday. Our Bishop elect will be with us this mornin' as well. Oh and Advent Lessons and Carols at five p.m. So, lots of time over to the church house today.

I have been remiss!!!

HAAAPPPYYY (BELATED) BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!!!!
HAAAPPPYYY (BELATED) BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR SSSUUUNNNNNNYYY!!!!!!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 12-01-2019, 07:15 AM

Happy Sunday!

It's cold and rainy outside.
Skipping the park today as friends are supposed to be here around 11.
If it wasn't raining I would still go but I have enough to do without dealing with wetness too.

My morning was ICK! as somebody (no idea who) left a dead mouse in the middle of the hallway.

I ordered groceries this morning to pick up at 11. I was going to go to pick up a few things, then I looked in the freezer and fridge. It will be a real, but small, grocery run. I have plenty of food but my picky son has only enough food for about 3 more days. May as well get it all now. Not sure how that is going to happen with the guests supposedly arriving at 11.
I ordered an ice cream cake for dessert.

After today it is back to low carb meals.

Good luck CupCakes!
Old 12-01-2019, 09:09 AM

Damn! I kinda sorta want that Extensole table that kopek is offering!

When one or more kids visit, we have to drag the patio table in the house!

~VOW
Old 12-01-2019, 10:08 AM

morning. Please remind me again why I wanted or need such a big Christmas tree. I am gonna have to displace the loveseat to outside somewhere. On the porch I guess. The tree is up and lit. Now I must fluff the branches and decorate it. The fluffing will take hours. Back to it.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 12-01-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Dreary, rainy day here. We went to Bob Evans for breakfast because I wanted an omelette. They didn't have mushrooms, dammit, and the omelette was floating in grease!! I sopped a bunch of it up with a napkin. ick.

Afterwards, we stopped at Lowe's so FCD could get a vacuum cleaner for his office and I got a long-handled scrub brush so I don't have to get on my knees to clean behind the toilet. YAY!

Major plan for today is to rearrange the freezers so I can fit the turkey and broth in one of them. Beyond that, I don't intend to do much of anything.

Happy Sunday!!
Old 12-01-2019, 10:42 AM

Happy birthday sunny!

Read all, retained some.

Hung out with Dad and some other family for a few days. Wednesday, I took him to town to get some groceries and the wind just about blew us to Ohio. We took his truck (he can't get in and out of my car) and driving a vehicle with a higher center of gravity in that wind was a challenge.

We enjoyed the visit, he has enough Polish food in the freezer to have a meal a week for a couple of months from it. It rained the whole 400 miles home, so it took an extra hour. I was exhausted once I got in, as was Nelson.

Today, I need to pick up a few groceries and finish the laundry from the trip.

Happy Sunday!
Old 12-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated and sheveled. It's still raining, so I had to drag Princess Pretty Paws off the porch for him to go pee.

Good luck Cupcakes!

Glad things are better Midget.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Gpt the groceries. I thought I ordered a loaf of bread, but I guess I didn't.

Now I'm just waiting for everybody to get here. I have almost everything prepped and ready to go.
It is going to be such a mish mash of food, roasted cabbage, turkey tetrazzini, ham and N.O.T. casserole (or maybe I'll roast the N.O.T. with the cabbage and have the ham on the side, fake crab salad, cocktail rye bread, and chocolate crunch ice cream cake for dessert.
Yep, nothing goes together.
That'll teach them for coming after Thanksgiving instead of before.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Sounds good Sari. Tree is 3/4 fluffy. Gotta use a ladder to get the top. It’s not only tall but big around. I don’t even know if the fence I got to go around it will fit it and if not it will be a constant battle to keep Buddy out of it. Right now he is scared of it. Of course when I got the tree after Christmas last year I didn’t know I would have this hellion. Today is five months since my perfect boy crossed the rainbow bridge.

Onward.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Happy Birthday, Sunny!

I hope your day is filled with little joys, much appreciation, and a whole lotta cake!
Happy day after birthday, Ms. Sunny.
My out-of-towners all left this morning. I've gotten the floors cleaned. Kitchen is clean, I worked on it while all the cooking was going on, so it wasn't too bad. The fridge was a disaster. It's clean now. I gotta strip the beds and wash sheets. Tomorrow. Bathrooms need doing.
The cat's have velcroed themselves to me. For love or punishment? I'm not sure.
I'M SO HAPPY THE CHIHUAHUAS HAVE GONE!!!

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 12-01-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:35 PM
born to be shunned

I'm rushing to head in for an extra shift.

No ---- I never learn.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
The cat's have velcroed themselves to me. For love or punishment? I'm not sure.
I'M SO HAPPY THE CHIHUAHUAS HAVE GONE!!!

I think your mystery is solved.

I want yummy food. I don't know what yummy food, just something.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:14 PM

667 cigarettes not smoked. Go me!
Old 12-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Yay WetOne. How much money have you saved?