Old 12-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Drop the corpse into the Amazon jungle, and instantly deforest a couple thousand square miles. Agent Orange Ultra.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Drop the corpse into the Amazon jungle, and instantly deforest a couple thousand square miles. Agent Orange Ultra.
Just another example of how Trump is bad for the environment.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
He has no virtues to his character at all. The only good thing one might expect of him at this point is that he will probably make good compost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
He may be full of shit but years of self tanner abuse has made him too toxic to compost or cremate. When the time comes, he'll need to be disposed of like hazardous waste material.
We could ship the body to Russia, and they could embalm him and shove him into the glass box they keep Lenin's corpse in.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddle Peghead View Post
Here's a fun idea, though: once in a while, if something occurs to you that might actually criticize a liberal or defend a conservative, post it in a thread like this. See how quickly people ignore what you wrote and start putting words in your mouth and making silly assumptions.
I'm not sure what brought this on but if you were saying that Trump didn't do hold up Ukrainian military aide in order to extract a public announcement that would hurt a political opponent, then you are basically saying that the whole world is lying and Trump is the one telling the truth.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
Are you a newb in NYC , Fiddle? Trump has been a corrupt racist adulterer scumbag for decades and nearly all New Yorkers know it. Sure, I can defend some conservatives and condemn some liberals. Not a problem at all. Trump is irredeemable trash, though. There can be no rehabilitation, even if the Dow Jones hits 50,000.
Corrupt: No more corrupt than any other real estate developer. So yeah, pretty corrupt.

Racist: I don't know that this was common knowledge in NYC. It wasn't a really big part of his public persona. He was sort of a limousine liberal in NYC.

Adulterer: Well, duh. So were Clinton and JFK.

Scumbag: Aside from the corruption, not really sure what you are referring to. AFAICT, liberals didn't start hating him until about 2000 when Trump saw Bloomberg bypass the Democratic machine pecking order by running as a Republican. It was like a light bulb went off in his head when he realized that he could run as a Republican.

A few things could redeem Trump. None of them are likely to happen.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Come on. Do you REALLY think any Repubs in the Senate have the guts to vote guilty for the asshole that's giving them the Taliban judges of their dreams?
Just about any Republican president would be nominating justices off the same list. He holds the distinction of having won an election and being in a good position to win again, maybe.

Trump is valuable because he is electable and has coattails. As soon as he loses those things, he is useless to the Republicans.

The moment it makes more political sense to turn on trump, they will do so. And he is no more loyal to them than they are to him.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Racist: I don't know that this was common knowledge in NYC. It wasn't a really big part of his public persona. He was sort of a limousine liberal in NYC.
Trump and his father were fined for redlining blacks applying to rent apartments in Trump properties in the early 1970s.

Trump took out an ad in the NY newspaper talking about executing the Central Park 5 in 1989.

Trump pushed the "Obama was born in Kenya" racist bullshit theory for years.

Just because you didn't know, don't trivialize it by saying it wasn't common knowledge:

Trump's racist history started in the 1970's.

Quote:
Scumbag: Aside from the corruption, not really sure what you are referring to. AFAICT, liberals didn't start hating him until about 2000 when Trump saw Bloomberg bypass the Democratic machine pecking order by running as a Republican. It was like a light bulb went off in his head when he realized that he could run as a Republican.
More things you don't know. Watch the documentary, "Get me Roger Stone".

Quote:
A few things could redeem Trump. None of them are likely to happen.
Name ONE.

Last edited by QuickSilver; 12-03-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Seppuku in the Rose Garden? Settle for that.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddle Peghead View Post
And what is it with some people, that their pathetic little minds can't handle a simple idea that not everything the media says about Trump is necessarily true when they are attacking him? But I am quite serious about my OP. Try it. TRY IT, MOTHERFUCKERS, IF YOU DARE!!! You will see very quickly what I'm talking about. But for some reason, I'll bet none of you lily-livered cowards will have the guts to do so. Wouldn't want to lose any street cred, now would we? And this is most important: refrain from making such statements as "Let me play devil's advocate for a moment", or otherwise making it oh so fucking clear that you of course aren't really serious about whatever you try to defend. I know this will be difficult, and the idea that someone might think you are a die-hard Trump supporter even for one fucking second is terrifying to you. And now, the really important part: people most definitely will assume this, so do not take my suggestion seriously if you can't handle it.
Fuck traitor Trump, and at this point, fuck all his fanboys and defenders TOO.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Been there. Done that.

When Trump said that he was planning a major infrastructure program, I went on record supporting the program and supporting him for proposing it.

I was not ignored or attacked. Nobody put words in my mouth or made silly assumptions about me or what I wrote.
But of course, as always, Trump was lying the whole time and never intended to do that or anything else that doesn't directly benefit HIM.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Come on. Do you REALLY think any Repubs in the Senate have the guts to vote guilty for the asshole that's giving them the Taliban judges of their dreams?
That's not what you said originally. You said McConnell would stop the impeachment (but I assume you mean trial) of Trump. How would he stop the trial?
Old 12-05-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post

Name ONE.
Ummm, suicide by FIRE????
Old 12-05-2019, 12:43 PM

Let's see, defend Trump...

I do think sometimes the media goes nuts over really minor issues, like when Trump inadvertently acknowledged Taiwan during a phone call and China still considers it part of their country. I didn't know that was taboo myself, so I can't get mad at Trump for that.

I did like it when he announced he was going to restrict lobbyist access to Congress, but it turned out he didn't mean all lobbyists. Just the environmentalists, gun control activists, National Park workers, human rights advocates, etc.

I do think having a nut in the White House deters our enemies from attacking us to some degree, but it's also turning our allies into enemies and enemies (Russia) into allies. Remember when we were supposed to beware of Russian interference in our government, like from the end of WWII until before Trump took office? Now it's actually happening, and the conservatives are pretending otherwise.

I supported the conservative position of fiscal responsibility and balancing the budget, platforms which helped Reagan win both his terms, but now those ideals have been abandoned in favor of a 14 trillion dollar debt to foreign powers. Conservatives used to think that was a bad thing. Turns out they just used that to get votes. They bald-facedly lied, and now I think they're untrustworthy weasels who continue to lie. The only saving grace is that they got worse at it and are easily disproved. Now they rely on bandying fear of liberals to their small-town constituents who have been laid off from coal and auto factories closing down because technology has the nerve to keep improving. It's the same tactic Mao used to attain rulership of China, by preying on the fears of the common man and labeling his opponents as capitalists. In a nutshell, conservatives are using communist tactics.

Oh dear, I'm ranting again. Sorry, still bitter about the soul-crushing betrayal of values I used to support.