Old 08-20-2015, 02:51 PM

Grude, I thought the warp pads were to other planets at first as well. It's weird to think how different Earth must be in the Steven Universe world. Of course, in at least one episode there's a shot of Earth from space and it seems like Florida is totally gone, so there's even more different than just old Gem sites scattered around.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:19 PM

New ones this week and next two at least: Nightmare Hospital (aired 9/10), Sadie's Song (to air 9/17), and Catch and Release (9/24).

SPOILER:
I am wondering if there is any meaning to the fact that Steven, who is of the same gem as Rose (as well as human) and who has so many of her other attributes (from healing, to shielding, to causing so many to say "Just let me do this for you!") does not at all use Rose's sword: Connie does.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:06 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
New ones this week and next two at least: Nightmare Hospital (aired 9/10), Sadie's Song (to air 9/17), and Catch and Release (9/24).

SPOILER:
I am wondering if there is any meaning to the fact that Steven, who is of the same gem as Rose (as well as human) and who has so many of her other attributes (from healing, to shielding, to causing so many to say "Just let me do this for you!") does not at all use Rose's sword: Connie does.
I think that is because they are meant to fuse and maybe stay fused as Stevvonie, the Connie half uses the sword and Steven uses his shield and other powers.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:18 PM

Yeah seems like that is the way it will go but isn't that the cart pulling the horse?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:39 AM

Just noticed something funny-
In "Bubble Buddies" Lars makes fun of Steven, who is trapped in his bubble with Connie,
by asking "Is this your Looove bubble? Did you make it because you're in Loove?"
Time has shown that the answer to those questions are Yes and Yes.

Also, a thought question- the Gems seem to have a militaristic, martial culture. So who do they fight?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:49 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ecks View Post
Just noticed something funny-
In "Bubble Buddies" Lars makes fun of Steven, who is trapped in his bubble with Connie,
by asking "Is this your Looove bubble? Did you make it because you're in Loove?"
Time has shown that the answer to those questions are Yes and Yes.

Also, a thought question- the Gems seem to have a militaristic, martial culture. So who do they fight?
Yes this show holds up on review big time, there are a couple times we see Garnet having two gems like to open her room, Centipeede when accidentally released assumes a humanoid shape first. There are other examples of later developments making sense.

The gems are still withholding info from Steven, so I assume Homeworld's enemies will be revealed. Remember how reluctant they were to admit the monsters are corrupted gems.

What the heck is Homeworld or Peridot intending to accomplish with the cluster experiment? They obviously have no military value and pose no real threat, mindless bodies that grope people, maybe trying to beg for help or death?
Old 09-17-2015, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

"We're evil because we can create creepy monsters."

Last edited by furryman; 09-17-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:17 PM
BANNED

The last episode was kind of boring, Steven was acting out of character and it was entirely concerned with character development between Sadie and her mom.

And Steven in a dress and makeup, I hope the show isn't starting to pander to the adult fans online that think it is some pioneering grand statement on erasing gender/sexuality boundaries. I like the laid back mood of the show and how the gems all being "female" is just a fact and not even commented on, and the metaphors are not so much on the point(forced fusion for example).
Old 09-18-2015, 04:15 PM

A sort of sweet ep to me, that at first glance seems like a throw-away, off arc and main character development line. But in this show I still wonder if something is being foreshadowed.

We all suspect that Rose had some special ambition for what Steven would become, what with him being her gem hybridized with human. Is her ambition for him going to made more clear and is this foreshadowing his eventual pushing back against it?

But maybe not.

As to Johnny Ecks' question, I had pictured them as an expanding empire, conquering and plundering planets in multiple directions, none of which were any real match to their powers. Not as them having a single major foe.

And I see the clusters as experiments trying to develop techniques to fuse fragments into functional war monsters, so far experiments that have failed, since so far the only brain to harvest has come from that Abby Normal gem.

Last edited by DSeid; 09-18-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
We all suspect that Rose had some special ambition for what Steven would become, what with him being her gem hybridized with human. Is her ambition for him going to made more clear and is this foreshadowing his eventual pushing back against it?
I imagine that the goal is to give something like "gem powers" to the humans. They knew the homeworld would come for them eventually, and just the four of them wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight, but breeding the ability to do gem stuff into the humans will allow them to defend themselves.

And we've seen that Human-gem hybrids have some advantages over full-blooded gems -- they can walk through forcefields and are immune to that gem destabilizing wand.

Quote:
As to Johnny Ecks' question, I had pictured them as an expanding empire, conquering and plundering planets in multiple directions, none of which were any real match to their powers. Not as them having a single major foe.
I figure they'd encountered planets with life before, but never intelligent life, so previous gem takeovers of worlds to turn them into gem incubators were environmental disasters, but not "wars". Rose was unique in seeing that humans were "people" like themselves and that killing them was different from killing animals.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahcim View Post
I imagine that the goal is to give something like "gem powers" to the humans. They knew the homeworld would come for them eventually, and just the four of them wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight, but breeding ...
I appreciate the sharing of the speculation but given that Rose had to cease her existence/manifestation as Rose for her gem to be part of Steven I do not think that could be it. Even if you had the other three gems all breed with humans there would still only be four of them.

The second part though ... may be on to something I think. Steven essentially is a fusion ... of Rose's gem and Greg. And fusions, at least desired willing fusions, we have seen, are much more than the sum of their parts.

The parallel potentially follows through with the other gems and Beach City to some degree: they had, before Greg entered the scene, been keeping themselves separate from the human culture around them. Through the show we see them increasingly becoming part of the community and maybe eventually they will be shown to be stronger as a unit together?

But if that is the theme they are going for then my foreshadowing idea with Sadie's Song is pretty much toast.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:09 PM
BANNED

Something subtle I noticed in We Need To Talk, remember the song What Can I Do For You with the lyrics "what can I do, that no one else can do" which inspires the jealous Pearl to fuse with Rose to annoy Greg? Well Greg ends up doing what no other gem like Pearl can do with Rose which was to produce Steven.

Just a funny subtle thing.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:41 AM

Hello all, I found this forum while Googling something completely unrelated. After perusing the information I was looking for I poked around a bit and found this thread relevant to my interests, so I signed up. I looked for an "Intro Thread" like some forums have but found no such thing, so I decided to just proceed on here. If I missed it, and someone feels like pointing me in the right direction, that would be great.

That being said, I'm like one of the other posters on page one that is a childless adult who still enjoys his cartoons. It appears I have missed a bit of the newer episodes, but I don't mind spoilers much so nothing was ruined for me. The last episode I watched(can't remember title) was the one in which Garnet was still fuming at Pearl for tricking her into continually fusing into Sardonyx, but eventually cooled off after splitting down to Ruby and Sapphire and letting each half deal with it in their own way. I'll have to play some catch up when I can get to the episodes I missed.

I really enjoy the presentation of the show, it reminds me of the Nick cartoons of my youth in the sense that they can be innocent at times but also straddle the line of dark humor that may or may not be appropriate for kids.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:30 AM

"Catch and Release" in comparison significantly advanced the plot line.

Kudos to Johnny Ecks and grude for the call.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
"Catch and Release" in comparison significantly advanced the plot line.

Kudos to Johnny Ecks and grude for the call.
Yep good episode, two things occur to me.

So the forced fusions we have seen are not the goal of the cluster experiment, they are failures or just proofs of concept or just incidentally produced. The Cluster is something very different with the ability to destroy earth, I'm wondering if it is some godzilla sized fusion monstrosity intended to just be let loose and randomly destroy stuff or if it is some kind of planet buster bomb or something.

And at this point are we meant to believe the normal size for gems is Peridot size? Ruby, Sapphire, Lapis, Peridot, Amethyst, and Centipeedle's humanoid shape when it reformed are all around Steven's size.

Rose, Jasper, and Pearl are the odd ones out. And Pearl is tall but skinny, it appears Rose and Jasper are freakishly large for gems. Wondering if Rose was originally a warrior like Jasper.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grude View Post
And at this point are we meant to believe the normal size for gems is Peridot size? Ruby, Sapphire, Lapis, Peridot, Amethyst, and Centipeedle's humanoid shape when it reformed are all around Steven's size.

Rose, Jasper, and Pearl are the odd ones out. And Pearl is tall but skinny, it appears Rose and Jasper are freakishly large for gems. Wondering if Rose was originally a warrior like Jasper.
I think perhaps it was more Rose was the leader. There is some intimation that Gem society might be rigidly caste-based, yes? Perhaps physical stature correlates to societal position. The bigger you are, the more important you are. Think back to the episode where Greg flashbacks to when he first met the Gems. They are notably smaller than they are in the present day. They appear to age noticeably in the span of a few years, despite being evidently thousands of years old. And the only thing to change in that span is that Rose, their leader, is gone. It would seem that, for Gems, the phrase "you're only as old as you feel" is literal truth.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:24 AM

Although the fusions get huge despite not being leaders ... just powerful.

But yes, it does seem that the other Gems have had to both emotionally (and thus physically?) grow up some without Rose there. Not that size correlates with emotional maturity for Gems either.

By the way - welcome The Webbliest™ !
Old 09-30-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Well in this latest one it mostly focuses on the Gems bringing threats to Earth by their being here(future plot arc) AND a very significant background sight gag. A pic of Steven's stomach with pregnant? written on it.
I think it might just be a reference to the episode that Lion was introduced. Steven walks into the pizza place and says he's ordering for two. Reynaldo says "Steven's pregnant!"
And then when they think Steven is lying about Lion, the scene ends with "I bet he's not even pregnant."
Old 10-04-2015, 12:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push You Down View Post
I think it might just be a reference to the episode that Lion was introduced. Steven walks into the pizza place and says he's ordering for two. Reynaldo says "Steven's pregnant!"
And then when they think Steven is lying about Lion, the scene ends with "I bet he's not even pregnant."
Ah I missed that connection, thanks!

Anyone else find Greg acts weird and is treated weird by everyone including Steven?

I mean when Greg turned Steven over to the custody of the gang he had no powers, not even a promise of having powers in the future. But they were still dragging him along on adventures cleaning up the feral beasts still out there, and the gems had no experience in child rearing not even the observational skill childless people get by osmosis. There are hints in the early episodes Greg is a mess since Rose died but you'd think all the more reason he needs Steven in his life.

What the hell Greg? And when Greg tells a white lie to spend time with Steven in the geode episode Steven gets so angry he basically banishes him, WTH? And the whole thing with the gems hating Greg introduced in the early episodes, which is shown to not even be true except for scorned Pearl. Greg and Pearl need to both suck it up buttercup and let Greg live in the house with Steven.

I'm wondering if the house wasn't originally built for Greg to live in, we're shown that Rose's room can't create edible food or drink and Gems don't need to use the bathroom. Where did Greg and Rose live?

It is a testament to this show that it invites this kind of analysis.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:24 AM

I like th way you think, crude, but we know from the special long-form opening theme song that Greg and the Gems worked together to build the house for Steven when Steven was already old enough to play the ukulele.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiko View Post
I like th way you think, crude, but we know from the special long-form opening theme song that Greg and the Gems worked together to build the house for Steven when Steven was already old enough to play the ukulele.
Hmm I haven't seen that yet, I'll fix that now.

Greg's 'I just wanted to live with my son again" was heartbreaking.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperJJ View Post
... I find myself sitting around with nothing in my mind and immediately start singing the theme songs. ...
...aaaand Pearl... 🎶
Old 10-06-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Ah I missed that connection, thanks!

Anyone else find Greg acts weird and is treated weird by everyone including Steven?

I mean when Greg turned Steven over to the custody of the gang he had no powers, not even a promise of having powers in the future. But they were still dragging him along on adventures cleaning up the feral beasts still out there, and the gems had no experience in child rearing not even the observational skill childless people get by osmosis. There are hints in the early episodes Greg is a mess since Rose died but you'd think all the more reason he needs Steven in his life.

What the hell Greg? And when Greg tells a white lie to spend time with Steven in the geode episode Steven gets so angry he basically banishes him, WTH? And the whole thing with the gems hating Greg introduced in the early episodes, which is shown to not even be true except for scorned Pearl. Greg and Pearl need to both suck it up buttercup and let Greg live in the house with Steven.

I'm wondering if the house wasn't originally built for Greg to live in, we're shown that Rose's room can't create edible food or drink and Gems don't need to use the bathroom. Where did Greg and Rose live?

It is a testament to this show that it invites this kind of analysis.

There's a lot of...complicated stuff with Greg and the Gems.
The episode where Amethyst and Greg marathon watch Baby Butler (Lil Butler?) in the storage space, you find out that they used to spend A LOT of time together. Greg breaks down when Amethyst shapeshifts into Rose.....there is some heavy stuff. If it were an adult show there's some subtle storytelling that would make you think that Amethyst and Greg spent the night together post-Rose--mourning...maybe drunk. But it's a kids show... so you're not quite sure what to think.

Pearl's relationship with Greg is obviously all through the prism of jealousy.

Garnet is largely indifferent and/or condescending to all humans. Greg is no different.

I think the Gems took stewardship of Steven at an early age because even if he had no powers he still had a gem and needed watching over.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:20 PM

I saw the whole Lil' Butler incident as a thinly veiled pot metaphor.

Currently, I guess I was wrong about Periodot being beyond redemption- Now I think it will be revealed that she is a very young Gem, possibly even younger than Steven. This explains a lot of her behavior- created as an adult with adult knowledge, but emotionally still a child, and without true experience. Also, my prediction for her character arc is that when Yellow Diamond shows up, she will provide replacement limb enhancers, and Periodot will return to her service- but quickly realize where her true loyalties are, possibly even abandoning her new limbs to save the others.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
There's a lot of...complicated stuff with Greg and the Gems.
The episode where Amethyst and Greg marathon watch Baby Butler (Lil Butler?) in the storage space, you find out that they used to spend A LOT of time together. Greg breaks down when Amethyst shapeshifts into Rose.....there is some heavy stuff. If it were an adult show there's some subtle storytelling that would make you think that Amethyst and Greg spent the night together post-Rose--mourning...maybe drunk. But it's a kids show... so you're not quite sure what to think.

Pearl's relationship with Greg is obviously all through the prism of jealousy.

Garnet is largely indifferent and/or condescending to all humans. Greg is no different.

I think the Gems took stewardship of Steven at an early age because even if he had no powers he still had a gem and needed watching over.
I honestly did not know what to think of the Lil' Butler ep, and if anything seeing it as a sexual metaphor has become even CREEPIER since the reveal that when Greg met the Gems Ame was at the level of a toddler or young child.

I think in my head I am choosing to assume Ame was her usual crass self and trying to cheer Greg up she surprised him in Rose's form after Rose uh died, and Greg was instead shocked and appalled and that is the source of the falling out. She shows a lack of sensitivity like making kidnapping jokes an hour after it happened for instance.

Ironically in the Cat Fingers incident where Steven lost control of shape shifting it was Greg who saved him.

---------------------

There is a short line in Catch And Release that has made me come up with a dark theory, when Peridot is unbubbled in the room with the giant heart she sees all the bubbled gems and asks fearfully is they are going to "harvest" her.

Now this might just mean use her gem to power an object, like we saw with Lapis. But what if the Gems are using power from all the bubbled gems to power the temple somehow, harvesting their power or something? Maybe this is not fatal or injurying, but how would Steven react to learning the temple is powered by all those bubbled gems?

Is the temple a spaceship? Smaller than the one the handship came from obviously, but it also has the veins and a heart in it.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 AM

So, last night was another light episode that confirms much speculation-

Confirmed- Gems are a strict caste-based society
Confirmed- Multiple copies of each gem type exist
Confirmed- Pearl is a low caste servant Gem - (and status symbol, apparently)
Confirmed- Periodot is a technician type.

This really explains Rose's videotaped message to Steven in Lion 3- as a living thing, Steven is outside the Gem system and gets to be a blank slate and a unique individual, unlike Gems.

In addition, Periodot continues to show that she has little real experience and is quite naive, but capable of growth.

Make you wonder what the others are designed for, and how far out of their fields they are operating. Rose was obviously a high status leader type, and Pearl her servant.

Ruby, seems to be a warrior type- but if that is so, why is she so small? Sapphires probably serves as advisers or strategists, given the future vision.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ecks View Post
So, last night was another light episode that confirms much speculation-

Confirmed- Gems are a strict caste-based society
Confirmed- Multiple copies of each gem type exist
Confirmed- Pearl is a low caste servant Gem - (and status symbol, apparently)
Confirmed- Periodot is a technician type.

This really explains Rose's videotaped message to Steven in Lion 3- as a living thing, Steven is outside the Gem system and gets to be a blank slate and a unique individual, unlike Gems.

In addition, Periodot continues to show that she has little real experience and is quite naive, but capable of growth.

Make you wonder what the others are designed for, and how far out of their fields they are operating. Rose was obviously a high status leader type, and Pearl her servant.

Ruby, seems to be a warrior type- but if that is so, why is she so small? Sapphires probably serves as advisers or strategists, given the future vision.
A quibble.

Multiple copies exist for at least some gems. Which we already knew given the Kindergarten. Pearls inclusive. We do not know whether or not there are multiple Rose Quartz gems or multiple Yellow Diamonds ...

Ruby is small but then Amethyst is clearly a not large warrior.

A little apparent contradiction in the show ... it sure seems like Amethyst has physically grown from the flashbacks to now but at Kindergarten she fit into the "me-shaped" hole.

Also confirmed this ep is that ep's theme repeated. Disagreeing that only Steven gets to be a unique individual, unlike the other gems. The subversiveness of Earth and its impact on Rose was that who they each are are as gems is not ordained by their gem type. Amethyst was created as a "mistake" and grew to become something much more. Pearl has become more than a low caste pretty status symbol but both a skilled fighter and a skilled technician. Steven's impact more than anything is to catalyze that ability to change, to grow in ways not part of original "programming."

In that vein multiples of the same gems I wonder if the disaster that was Steven and the Stevens is a bit telling. The Rose quartz gem is I suspect unique.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:25 PM
BANNED

I dislike heavily when works do this but apparently a book has been released that has plot points not yet revealed in show.

Fusion between DIFFERENT gem castes is seen as weird on homeworld, fusions of the same gem are routine.

There are some others and you can find the info online.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I dislike heavily when works do this but apparently a book has been released that has plot points not yet revealed in show.

Fusion between DIFFERENT gem castes is seen as weird on homeworld, fusions of the same gem are routine.

There are some others and you can find the info online.
...thanks for the spoilers?
Old 10-09-2015, 04:53 PM

I will join in the request to please keep anything you read out of the book or reviews of it out of this thread.

It so far is made clear that how the gems live on earth is very different than how they lived on home world. But it is also clear from Lapus that over the past thousands of years home world society has changed too ... obviously in a different direction.

Though now that such is mentioned one cannot help but wonder - when did Ruby and Sapphire fuse? After the war?
Old 10-09-2015, 05:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
In that vein multiples of the same gems I wonder if the disaster that was Steven and the Stevens is a bit telling. The Rose quartz gem is I suspect unique.
Have you seen the "unaired" pilot episode? The one in a totally different art style with different character designs? The gems have bands around them that seem to denote status, I'll say no more.

I wasn't sure it was a spoiler.....the book is written for kids from Steven's point of view, like a guide to the show by the show runner. I found it annoying they are putting out info that way. Sorry.

There are some official short animations on CN home page that cover how gems are made also.

EDIT:When I found out here there was an online only extended opening I went looking and found a lot of non-aired stuff, sorry but I mean anything not shown on TV is a spoiler?

Last edited by grude; 10-09-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 PM

Hadn't until now! Or the extended opening. Which does address some of my questions to a point.

What you wrote was not much of a spoiler ... just fearful of what other plot points might be so revealed.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:52 AM

Quote:
A quibble.

Multiple copies exist for at least some gems. Which we already knew given the Kindergarten. Pearls inclusive. We do not know whether or not there are multiple Rose Quartz gems or multiple Yellow Diamonds ...

Ruby is small but then Amethyst is clearly a not large warrior.

A little apparent contradiction in the show ... it sure seems like Amethyst has physically grown from the flashbacks to now but at Kindergarten she fit into the "me-shaped" hole.

Also confirmed this ep is that ep's theme repeated. Disagreeing that only Steven gets to be a unique individual, unlike the other gems. The subversiveness of Earth and its impact on Rose was that who they each are are as gems is not ordained by their gem type. Amethyst was created as a "mistake" and grew to become something much more. Pearl has become more than a low caste pretty status symbol but both a skilled fighter and a skilled technician. Steven's impact more than anything is to catalyze that ability to change, to grow in ways not part of original "programming."

Regarding Amethyst's size- there's nothing to indicate that size can't be changed during regeneration. Amethyst could easily have been created at one size under Homeworld's plan. Then when her behavior gets her poofed, maybe at some point after she learned about humans, she could easily choose to regenerate in a smaller form. This could be conscious, to try to be more like humans, or subconscious, showing her lack of confidence in herself. Then as she gained more confidence, probably at some point when Steven is at most a toddler, Amethyst steps up and moves into her "grown up size" after getting poofed. This is a theory only, and it's probably totally wrong.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:39 PM

Decent theory but now we know ... she "should" be a much bigger warrior but was probably in the ground too long. Not sure if they meant for us to perceive flashback Amethyst as smaller rather than just younger and more immature.

Meanwhile they are spending a lot of show telling energy on Peridot's growth and gradual connection building.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Decent theory but now we know ... she "should" be a much bigger warrior but was probably in the ground too long. Not sure if they meant for us to perceive flashback Amethyst as smaller rather than just younger and more immature.

Meanwhile they are spending a lot of show telling energy on Peridot's growth and gradual connection building.
I fear they are setting up a twist here, where we assume Peridot will betray them to homeworld but she doesn't and instead Amythyst does instead feeling betrayed by the team.

Honestly how old is Steven anyway? 8-10? Maybe before it was ok, but now that homeworld is paying attention to earth again Greg and the gems need to sit him down and tell him everything they know, doing otherwise is crazy. Embarrassment at being a former slave or having a socially disapproved sexuality could hurt Steven badly, I'm kinda glad this isn't a more "realistic" show because that could end bad.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Is this on Netflix or something like that?

I'd love to see it from the beginning and watch whatever happened before the giant hand robot when I came into the series
I think it's on hulu, if not I'd try KissCartoon. We're on a two month hiatus so you have plenty of time to catch up.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:26 PM

I started watching this show a few weeks ago thanks to this thread and binge-watched the entire series over the weekend. It's been a while since a cartoon has impressed me this much, although if I started from the beginning, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiko View Post
Regarding Amethyst's size- there's nothing to indicate that size can't be changed during regeneration. Amethyst could easily have been created at one size under Homeworld's plan. Then when her behavior gets her poofed, maybe at some point after she learned about humans, she could easily choose to regenerate in a smaller form. This could be conscious, to try to be more like humans, or subconscious, showing her lack of confidence in herself. Then as she gained more confidence, probably at some point when Steven is at most a toddler, Amethyst steps up and moves into her "grown up size" after getting poofed. This is a theory only, and it's probably totally wrong.
Amethyst spent too long incubating in the ground and came out a lot smaller than than she was engineered to be. Also, she emerged all alone in the kindergarten and was stranded there for who-knows-how-long before Rose and the Crystal Gems found her and took her in. Also, according to "Too Many Birthdays", gems are as old as they feel they are. With Rose as a mother figure and being the literal baby of the group, Amethyst was content to remain a child. At some point, she matured into her present form (which in body language, posture, and attitude is entirely adolescent), either because she had to grow up a little after Rose's death, or perhaps because she was hanging around humans like Vidalia enough that it was awkward to be a little kid.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:32 PM

Does anyone know when new episodes start again?
Old 11-08-2015, 11:35 PM

I don't think an air date has been announced.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:37 AM

Word is no return until 2016, but there's nothing more detailed than that so far.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:27 PM

Kind of a bummer that they are no new episodes for the foreseeable future, now that ths show is getting a lot more focused on the Cluster storyline.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:48 PM

Can anyone spoil the last few minutes of "Too Far" for me? It hasn't shown up in my iTunes Season pass and on my Cable On Demand cuts out when Peridot saves Amethyst from the runaway drill.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Can anyone spoil the last few minutes of "Too Far" for me? It hasn't shown up in my iTunes Season pass and on my Cable On Demand cuts out when Peridot saves Amethyst from the runaway drill.

IIRC-
Well... the sexual tension between the two is pretty thick at that point.

Amethyst thanks Peridot but coyly still calls her a "nerd" over her shoulder as she walks that short bootie away. Steven ask Peridot how she feels and she says "I feel... cool."
Old 12-04-2015, 12:45 PM

Assuming that it did not cut out before you heard Peridot apologizing to Amethyst via a recording on her cassette log.

You can stream it [link removed] if you want.

Last edited by Idle Thoughts; 12-04-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:31 PM

Mod Note

Please don't post sites that stream shows or movies illegally.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Sorry, had not even thought that it might be an illegal site. But of course.

D'oh.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
IIRC-
Well... the sexual tension between the two is pretty thick at that point.

Amethyst thanks Peridot but coyly still calls her a "nerd" over her shoulder as she walks that short bootie away. Steven ask Peridot how she feels and she says "I feel... cool."
Thanks. My cable feed cut out when Pearl was shouting about how she can't leave them alone for a second.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM

Just for kicks, Here's the official map of Beach City, Delmarva from the the Steven Crewniverse blog.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:32 PM

New episodes start January 4th!
Old 01-04-2016, 10:00 PM

New episode aired tonight as part of a weeklong Steven Bomb. "The Answer" has Garnet telling the story of how Ruby and Sapphire met and joined the Crystal Gems. It's told in a somewhat stylized style, with the already-known characters (Ruby, Sapphire, Garnet, Pearl, Rose Quartz) with their regular designs and voices and the incidental characters and background done in silhouette with Garnet provides their voices along with the narration.

Interesting points:

-Blue Diamond is in this episode, but we don't see her (hidden behind a veiled palanquin) or hear her (Garnet provides the voice in her story). We see her Pearl, though.
-Sapphire was a high ranking gem and a member of Blue Diamond's court, which explains her frou-frou princess dress and opera gloves.
-Sapphire was summoned to Earth in the early days of the rebellion specifically to provide her future vision. She came with three Ruby bodyguards, one of which was our Ruby.
-Sapphire's initial prophecy was that the Crystal Gems would attack their present location (The Sky Arena), and would be defeated, ending the rebellion, but only after a certain number of gems, including two Rubies and Sapphire herself, were destroyed. Sapphire is very fatalistic about this.
-Rose and Pearl sure know how to make an entrance and fight. Rose takes down the fused Rubies with one shot, and Pearl takes out several larger gems and is prepared to cut down a passive Sapphire before Our Ruby intervenes by jumping to protect Sapphire and ends up fusing with her accidentally, invalidating her earlier prophecy.
-Confirmed that, while fusion among gems of the same type is common on Homeworld, fusion with a different type of gem is seen as anathema. Blue Diamond actually sentences Ruby to death for daring to fuse with a high status gem, which causes Sapphire to flee with Ruby and defect.
-Everything about Ruby and Sapphire in the is ep is awesome.