Old 05-21-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Warned for accusing me of lying: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...&postcount=518

And I've been a good boy and not responded to him the entire thread.
Hey, I set that up!
Old 05-21-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Hey, I set that up!
Old 05-21-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
Have you considered the possibility that maybe the SDMB, with its focus on public discourse, isn't the right fit for you?
He holds his own in the Pit. That makes him okay in my book.
There needs to be some kind of Oscar/Emmy award/Tony award/Stanley Cup or something for this.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:39 AM

HD whines about his warning: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...9#post21655979
Old 05-22-2019, 02:26 PM

Shodan is complaining that "Dopers are trying to bait HurricaneDitka into getting warnings". And he obliquely references this thread: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...3#post21657123

I guess he thinks actually engaging HD is "baiting" him? Or maybe not engaging him? I'm not sure. Whatever it is, stop it! Stop baiting HD, you evil Dopers!

Old 05-22-2019, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

"Go away! Baiting!"
Old 05-22-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Shodan is complaining that "Dopers are trying to bait HurricaneDitka into getting warnings". ...
I wonder why he didn't use the colloquial "employing the HurricaneDitka".
Old 05-22-2019, 04:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
"Go away! Baiting!"
I bow to the Master.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
He must find it very annoying after all the work he put in to studying all the rules, so he can (just barely) stay on the right side of them. He's even asked probing questions in ATMB, just to make sure he got all the nuances right. He's pretty much a certified Class "A" Expert Troll now, highly accomplished at producing maximum annoyance without actually breaking any rules, often leaving others with a trail of warnings which is the real hallmark of Class "A" trolling. It's always a disappointment when a Class A troll blunders, kind of like a Formula 1 race driver going off the track and ramming the barricade. Life on the edge is fraught with risk.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Shodan is complaining that "Dopers are trying to bait HurricaneDitka into getting warnings". And he obliquely references this thread: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...3#post21657123

I guess he thinks actually engaging HD is "baiting" him? Or maybe not engaging him? I'm not sure. Whatever it is, stop it! Stop baiting HD, you evil Dopers!

Just like as asking Trump about any contacts with the Russians is setting up a perjury Trap.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
He must find it very annoying after all the work he put in to studying all the rules, so he can (just barely) stay on the right side of them. He's even asked probing questions in ATMB, just to make sure he got all the nuances right. He's pretty much a certified Class "A" Expert Troll now, highly accomplished at producing maximum annoyance without actually breaking any rules, often leaving others with a trail of warnings which is the real hallmark of Class "A" trolling. It's always a disappointment when a Class A troll blunders, kind of like a Formula 1 race driver going off the track and ramming the barricade. Life on the edge is fraught with risk.
"What doesn't ban me makes my trolling stronger."

-- HurricaneNietzscheka
Old 05-23-2019, 12:49 PM

...There's nothing Ditka couldn't teach you bout the toiling of a troll
Vinny himself is insufferably droll!...
Old 05-23-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
"What doesn't ban me makes my trolling stronger."

-- HurricaneNietzscheka
"When you stare long at the troll, the troll stares back at you."
-Ibid
Old 05-24-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:

So Shodan thinks that baiting people into getting warnings is a bad thing now? That seems to be one of his primary pastimes here.

Last edited by Gyrate; 05-24-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
So Shodan thinks that baiting people into getting warnings is a bad thing now? That seems to be one of his primary pastimes here.
There can be only one master baiter.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:30 AM

Wax on, whacks off.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:59 PM

I challenged Shodan's baiting accusation, and he hides behind bullshit (says that he can't respond in the ATMB even though he brought up the accusations in the first place in the same ATMB thread) but the Mods told us to take it outside, so here we are in the Pit and I'll ask again if Shodan would care to try and back up his accusations.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I challenged Shodan's baiting accusation, and he hides behind bullshit (says that he can't respond in the ATMB even though he brought up the accusations in the first place in the same ATMB thread) but the Mods told us to take it outside, so here we are in the Pit and I'll ask again if Shodan would care to try and back up his accusations.
It's because I said I set that up
Old 05-24-2019, 02:40 PM

I baited him too, Shodan. A different time. He totally fell for it and got warned.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
You do seem irrationally proud that HD got a warning. I suppose the approval of an online audience or two is its own reward.

Last edited by octopus; 05-24-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
You do seem irrationally proud that HD got a warning. I suppose the approval of an online audience or two is its own reward.
Pride is for accomplishments. I didn't accomplish anything here. But I won't deny that it made me chuckle.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Just taking pride that at least most of the audience were intelligent enough to get the joke should be enough, I would think.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:27 AM

He's the conservative gadfly that pricks the pretensions and follies of libtards!

(I wonder if "prick" is precisely the right word? Yes. It is.)
Old 05-25-2019, 01:45 PM

Fuck you QQandyQQQQ*, fuck you with all the cactuses that have gone lonely since the ban on “fuck you” has been lifted. I've been out of this place for nearly two months now, finding that I really did have better things to do than to spend time dealing with the trolls and liars that have infested this board (I did put this in this thread for a reason, Fuck you too HD, and in a much less non-serious way than my chiding of mr, “it's four eyes”).

But then I notice that you go start a thread that looks interesting, so I read and follow, and while I'm at it, I pick up a couple others as well. Just when I thought I was out, they bait me back in. I was actually getting some shit done man, and then I find myself spending a bunch of time paging through posts, between people of character and nuance with a great deal of thought behind their words, and a bunch of assholes who seem to get enjoyment only from the ruining of things.

*Q's are just capital eyes.

Last edited by k9bfriender; 05-25-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Fuck you QQandyQQQQ*, fuck you with all the cactuses that have gone lonely since the ban on “fuck you” has been lifted. I've been out of this place for nearly two months now, finding that I really did have better things to do than to spend time dealing with the trolls and liars that have infested this board (I did put this in this thread for a reason, Fuck you too HD, and in a much less non-serious way than my chiding of mr, “it's four eyes”).

But then I notice that you go start a thread that looks interesting, so I read and follow, and while I'm at it, I pick up a couple others as well. Just when I thought I was out, they bait me back in. I was actually getting some shit done man, and then I find myself spending a bunch of time paging through posts, between people of character and nuance with a great deal of thought behind their words, and a bunch of assholes who seem to get enjoyment only from the ruining of things.

*Q's are just capital eyes.
My condolences!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:14 AM

HD whines about a mod note: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=876525

Ha! What a lying asshole.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:00 AM

For a guy who should have been banned a long time ago, he sure likes to whine about the moderation.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:08 AM

That said, in this particular instance the stopped clock appears to have been correct.

I mean, HD is still a hypocrite and an asshole but that shouldn't have been a part of the mod note.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
Haven't commented on Horrible Dickface for a while, but yeah, fuck that guy.

I seriously hope he dies a painful death. While he's in the process, I hope has time (while he's suffering) to look back on all the he loved and realize that he's about to lose it.

Also, fuck that guy. If he really is a Mormon, he is literally the worst Mormon I've ever known, and if he's a Christian...well, I mean he's probably average if he identifies as Evangelical, but all of them can painfully fuck them selves in the ass with a concrete vibrator and die as well.
#OldiesButGoldies
Old 06-03-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
That said, in this particular instance the stopped clock appears to have been correct.

I mean, HD is still a hypocrite and an asshole but that shouldn't have been a part of the mod note.
Yes, I agree. The mod note shouldn't say don't do this and then the mod does the same thing.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
For a guy who should have been banned a long time ago, he sure likes to whine about the moderation.
As a professional troll, that's an important part of his job.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Shit, he gets paid?
Old 06-03-2019, 03:17 PM

Just the few rubles that arrive every month in a plain brown envelope.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

Huh. Cheap bastard - he could pay for a subscription, write it off on his taxes. Too bad he doesn't.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Huh. Cheap bastard - he could pay for a subscription, write it off on his taxes. Too bad he doesn't.
As a conservative, he's in favor of the free market. Emphasis on the free.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:14 PM

I spotted this in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
That's an ugly thing to wish for, even if you perceive it will bring you some political advantage.
I doubt very much that is what Sage Rat was saying. And this has fuck all to do with political advantage. It has everything to do with people that support a criminal.

My question is: Was the unviewed Ditka post in question of the
#HurricaneBigot
#HurricaneStupid
#HurricaneHypocrite
#HurricaneShill
#HurricanePathetic
#HurricaneMoron_pretending2B_Imbecile
variety, or some other twitter hashtag?
Old 06-10-2019, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

So you put him on Ignore, and now you want us to read his posts to you? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

That takes passive-aggressive to a whole new level.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
he said, admiringly...
Old 06-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
So you put him on Ignore, and now you want us to read his posts to you? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

Regards,
Shodan
It's the most painful part of ignore. Sure, one might be happier NOT seeing Whosie's posts, but then someone answers them. Then you have to open the freaking post to see what the reply was about. You've actually made extra work for yourself instead of making life easier.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 AM

Never "ignore". No prob, usernames are right there. I like posters who are brilliant, insightful and knowledgeable. Or better still, funny. Yusta be, some conservative posters were pretty sharp cookies. (They never seemed to have much in the way of funny.)

Add to that, sometimes somebody will answer me directly, in rebuttal. If I don't see them, I don't get to sneer a rejoinder, which might hand a chuckle to a comrade homie. Hell, that's half the fun given up right there.