Old 01-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Gingrich had actually left the Speakership and the House when the vote was taken, and did not participate in the lame-duck session where it passed (including with votes from members who had already been voted out of office for saying they'd do it). Better to have mentioned Dennis Hastert, his successor, who got caught diddling his male wrestlers when a high school coach. Hyde, who claimed his own affair, in his forties, was a "youthful indiscretion" certainly counts, though.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:44 PM

ElvisL1ves:

Quote:
How much of a role did he let her play in actual governance, or any other day-to-day stuff?
Well, according to Wikipedia, "As lieutenant governor, [Sue] Ellspermann headed the Indiana State Department of Agriculture, the Office of Energy Development, the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority, the Office of Community and Rural Affairs and the Office of Tourism Development."

I have no idea how that compares to the usual workload/day-to-day interaction of lieutenant governors (whether specifically Hoosier or of states in general), nor to how it compares to what a Federal Vice President is expected to handle. But she clearly wasn't doing nothing but sitting home waiting for the coroner to call and ask her to identify Mike Pence's body.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorhinge View Post
You forgot to mention the Kennedys. And Johnson. And everyone connected to Tammany Hall, or Chicago's city hall and da Mayor's office. Maybe you want to start another thread?
Gee, I didn't know the Kennedys and LBJ were involved in the Clinton impeachment.

I don't know why you want to re-hash the prime example of the GOP locking, loading, and shooting themselves in the ass.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
That's not a distinction. It's an excuse.
Nope. The Senate takes their role as jury very seriously and historically have based decisions for non-political reasons such as issues of their right to hold a trial if the person resigns. With Andrew Johnson the question of violating the Tenure of Office Act came down to an interpretation of the word "term" and with Bill Clinton there was great significance in his usage of "is".
Old 01-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Cad View Post
Nope. The Senate takes their role as jury very seriously and historically have based decisions for non-political reasons such as issues of their right to hold a trial if the person resigns. With Andrew Johnson the question of violating the Tenure of Office Act came down to an interpretation of the word "term" and with Bill Clinton there was great significance in his usage of "is".
Well played.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Impeachment and then...the comfy chair!

Seriously though, I agree with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Here's what I think should happen:

1) The appropriate House committees should investigate those particular questionable activities of the Trump Administration that fall within their purview.

2) As those investigations come to fruition, the House Judiciary Committee should determine which activities rise to the level of impeachable offenses. It should put together a bill of particulars supporting each article of impeachment to make a clear, unambiguous, and overwhelming case for impeachment under each article. If such a case can't be written for a particular article, that article should be rejected by the Committee.

3) Once the articles and bills of particulars are finalized, the Judiciary Committee should vote on those articles. Those that pass in committee should be voted on by the full House. Those that pass the House should be forwarded to the Senate.

4) Even if the Senate declines to hold an impeachment trial (the most likely possibility, IMHO, given Mitch), the bills of particulars are a matter of public record, summarizing the seriousness of Trump's offenses, and summarizing the supporting evidence of those offenses.

This is the endgame: a record of the seriousness of Trump's offenses that the Senate will have refused to act on. In 2020, any Dem challenger can remind the voters of just what Trump offenses the GOP incumbent felt it was appropriate to ignore.
A Senate trial may not be feasible but a thorough Congressional investigation certainly is, and once the Mueller investigation is concluded it can provide an appropriate basis for avenues to explore.

Quote:
The Democrats can't think of anything else. Of course they'll try again. And again. And again.
Why not? Republicans seems fine with this approach (see: Benghazi and indeed anything involving Hillary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
The Democrats would be hoist on their own petards if they didn't support a non-white non-male for VP without an exceptionally good reason. You can just see the meme in 2020: "The Democrats preach equality but when push came to shove, they voted against a coloured woman."
Voting for someone purely on the basis of their race and gender despite their qualifications or policy positions is silly at best and racist and sexist at worst. It's important that people of different races, genders, etc are free (and even encouraged) to run for public office and it's good to have a representative [sic] population in government, but they've also got to be able to do the job competently and in a way that represents the will of the voting populace.

From what I know of Haley she's generally competent but her policy positions are likely to be a sticking point with Democrats.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Let me fight your ignorance: her first name is actually Nimrata and her original family name was Randhawa. She's of Indian (Punjabi) extraction.
I'm aware of that, Quartz. But it doesn't change the issue.

You can look at somebody like Nikki Haley and declare that she's not white. But then you go on to say that she's still okay with you. And you think that's a sign that you're open-minded on race and everyone will applaud you.

But here's the reality. Most people never judged Nikki Haley on her race in the first place. And if they did, they thought of her as being white. So they see you calling her non-white as a sign of how narrow-minded you are on race. And your attitude that she's acceptable despite this as condescending.

And your attitude isn't uncommon among conservatives. You collectively pat yourselves on the back for saying that you think some non-white people are okay - as good as white people even. And then you get confused why non-white people don't flock to your banner.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:23 AM

RTFirefly: According to Senate Rules (cite: posted to a thread about mandatory Senate trials), the Senate is required to hold a trial.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Straight in with the ad hominem, I see.
Was it somehow not an ad hominem when you said it first?

You brought the subject up. I just pointed out that the accusation you were making against Democrats actually applied to Republicans. And then, unlike you, I provided some evidence to support for what I was saying.

Quote:
Tell me, how many non-whites stood as Republicans? How many non-whites stood as candidates in primaries?
So it's not that the Republican party is racist. It's just that people from other races don't feel comfortable in the party.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 01-09-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Cad View Post
RTFirefly: According to Senate Rules (cite: posted to a thread about mandatory Senate trials), the Senate is required to hold a trial.
The Senate has the power to change its own rules.

And if the majority party in the Senate chooses to simply ignore a Senate rule (rather than bother to change it), who can force that party to follow it?

I'm serious. I can totally see Mitch McConnell simply not holding a trial, and shrugging off anyone who points out the Senate rule to him.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
So it's not that the Republican party is racist. It's just that people from other races don't feel comfortable in the party.
It's also that people who are racist do feel comfortable in it.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Totally coincidental, I'm sure, and nobody should construe that as evidence that the party might be racially biased.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
In case anyone doesn't recognize it, I was applying an old defense of segregation. People would say things like "We don't practice segregation because we're racist. It's just that people from other races wouldn't feel comfortable here."

If the Republican Party keeps going in its current direction, they're going to need to pull these old lines out of retirement.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:09 PM

Representative Steve King (R):
Quote:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Rep. Steve King (R-IA) said in an interview with the New York Times’s Trip Gabriel published Thursday morning. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cist-offensive

I wonder where we get this crazy idea that Republicans are racists?
Old 01-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk28 View Post
Representative Steve King (R):
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cist-offensive

I wonder where we get this crazy idea that Republicans are racists?
And the GOP has had plenty of time and opportunity to say, "this guy isn't really one of us," kick him out of their caucus, and strip him of his committee assignments.

Instead, they had him chairing a committee up until they lost control of the House, and he's still the ranking member.

So it isn't just what King himself says, it's that the rest of the Republicans in Congress still embrace him as one of their own, and rarely if ever condemn him for making racist statements, or for hanging out with white supremacists and the occasional neo-Nazi.

Nobody's making the rest of the GOP accept King and condone his words and actions. They choose to do this.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:57 AM

I didn't bother to read all the replies. I hope I am repeating what many already said.

Trump Inc. and their business partners have crossed so many lines that impeachment is no longer optional. This is the man who makes Nixon look like a saint.
By not impeaching the man we are essentially condoning his behavior (including crimes, corruption and obstruction of justice) and creating a precedent for future administrations.

Even if it's on the last day of his term, this ...(maybe Tlaib had a point after all)... sad excuse for a president needs to face the disgrace and humiliation of being removed from office and then be brought to trial for the crimes he committed.

That we will have to put up with Pence and his army of hypocrites in the mean time is the result of poor electoral choices and should serve as purgatory for a nation that has lost all common sense.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictusXIV View Post
I didn't bother to read all the replies. I hope I am repeating what many already said.

Trump Inc. and their business partners have crossed so many lines that impeachment is no longer optional.
The only trouble with this is that it isn't true. The only ones who think there is enough/any evidence to impeach Trump are nuts like Ocasio-Cortez and Tlaib. Nuts like Pelosi and Schumer recognize that there isn't any there there.

At least with Clinton it could be proven that he lied under oath and obstructed justice. You don't have anything like that level of proof with Trump, and if the nuts in the House try impeachment it will fail badly.

Democrats control the House. It remains to be seen if nutcases control the Democrats.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Pelosi and Schumer recognize that there isn't any there there.
:citation needed:
Old 01-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictusXIV View Post

Trump Inc. and their business partners have crossed so many lines that impeachment is no longer optional. This is the man who makes Nixon look like a saint.
By not impeaching the man we are essentially condoning his behavior (including crimes, corruption and obstruction of justice) and creating a precedent for future administrations.

Even if it's on the last day of his term, this ...(maybe Tlaib had a point after all)... sad excuse for a president needs to face the disgrace and humiliation of being removed from office and then be brought to trial for the crimes he committed.

That we will have to put up with Pence and his army of hypocrites in the mean time is the result of poor electoral choices and should serve as purgatory for a nation that has lost all common sense.
All well said. If we then have to deal with Pence, well ya gotta start somewhere. Trumps removal is a step, albeit a small one to show his supporters that we will not tolerate criminal morons running our country. Wrote my congressmen again yesterday.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
The only trouble with this is that it isn't true. The only ones who think there is enough/any evidence to impeach Trump are nuts like Ocasio-Cortez and Tlaib. Nuts like Pelosi and Schumer recognize that there isn't any there there.

At least with Clinton it could be proven that he lied under oath and obstructed justice. You don't have anything like that level of proof with Trump, and if the nuts in the House try impeachment it will fail badly.

Democrats control the House. It remains to be seen if nutcases control the Democrats.

Regards,
Shodan
Please. Trump admitted on national TV to obstruction of justice. That's just the start.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Nuts like Pelosi and Schumer recognize that there isn't any there there.
Channeling KellyAnn much? If there wasn't any there there, would Donald be in such a panic? The only one who could definitively say what is there is Bob Mueller. He doesn't talk much but when he does, we will all listen. I think obstruction of justice is a slam dunk, conspiracy with a hostile government to influence and election is another. In addition, there may be money laundering and racketeering, witness tampering, and God knows what else. Distracting the public with a fight over a monument to racism isn't going to change things.

Last edited by BobLibDem; 01-11-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Pure nonsense. The only reason we haven't seen the evidence is because for the last two years the Republicans who controlled every branch of the government have been doing everything they can to avoid investigations.

But despite their best efforts, evidence keeps leaking out. Which means two things: There's a mountain of evidence out there so big it can't be buried. And Donald Trump is as incompetent at hiding his crimes as he is at everything else.

And now the Democrats have the power to actually go looking. Trump's barely been able to keep his head above water despite everyone in the government trying to prop him up for the last two years. He won't be able to handle facing some actual opposition. He's going to crumble.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Regards,
Shodan
Clinton didn't lie under oath until he'd been hauled into a grand jury resulting from a long congressional investigation. Once Mueller establishes sufficient evidence to empanel a grand jury (and it can't be long now), we'll see how many times Individual #1 perjures himself.

I'd put the over/under at 20.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:49 AM

It's worth noting that Trump's lawyers have been working to prevent him from being under oath as he cannot be relied upon not to lie.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
Channeling KellyAnn much? If there wasn't any there there, would Donald be in such a panic? The only one who could definitively say what is there is Bob Mueller. He doesn't talk much but when he does, we will all listen. I think obstruction of justice is a slam dunk, conspiracy with a hostile government to influence and election is another. In addition, there may be money laundering and racketeering, witness tampering, and God knows what else. Distracting the public with a fight over a monument to racism isn't going to change things.
Suspect Mueller's team is having to buy more servers every week just to catalog it all. New York, Maryland and New Jersey are after Trumps ass as well. Last I saw, there are 17 investigations into Trump.

With regard to everything else. Trump "University". And the money paid (oh, excuse me a 'campaign contribution') to Florida DA Pam Bondi to drop a criminal investigation against him. We need to dig her out from under her rock as well. The depth of Trumps corruption is obscene.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
At least with Clinton it could be proven that he lied under oath and obstructed justice.
Puh-lease. I don't care what extramarital affairs Clinton had. I don't care what extramarital affairs Trump has (although the lack of Republican outrage is pathetically hypocritical). Questions related to that shouldn't even be asked publically and/or under oath.

I'm talking about collusion with a hostile nation, self-enrichment, obstruction of justice in a criminal investigation. These are actions that belong in a banana republic and should not be tolerated.

Evidence is piling up and as more facts submerge, Trump simply changes his lies. That alone is an indication that he knowingly and willingly participated. We will see how much of it can be proven in the end and how much he will get away with.

For democracy's sake I hope no crime will go unnoticed and no crime will remain unpunished.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
The only ones who think there is enough/any evidence to impeach Trump are nuts like Ocasio-Cortez and Tlaib.

Regards,
Shodan
#ILoveThatStory.

Seriously, and I say this as Someone Who Cares...get rid of all the razorblades and sleeping pills in your house. Depressive episodes brought on by watching the news are nothing to sneeze at, and at this point I don't think even Fox News is going to be able to sufficiently sugar this pill. A little pre-emptive protection now might save you from a 3 a.m. low point. Just saying.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
:citation needed:
To date, has either one initiated, or requested, impeachment proceedings commence? Would that be because they don't have any actual evidence to support impeachment, or have they both simply decided to give Trump a break from political rhetoric and harassment out of the kindness of their little bitty, stone-cold, hearts?
Old 01-11-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
#ILoveThatStory.

Seriously, and I say this as Someone Who Cares...get rid of all the razorblades and sleeping pills in your house. Depressive episodes brought on by watching the news are nothing to sneeze at, and at this point I don't think even Fox News is going to be able to sufficiently sugar this pill. A little pre-emptive protection now might save you from a 3 a.m. low point. Just saying.
Hahahaha. That sounds like good advice for all of those Democrats, Hillary worshippers, and lame stream media members who's heads are constantly exploding due to the fact that they haven't produced any actual evidence that would warrant starting impeachment proceedings. Claims that they have actual evidence is not the same as actually having evidence.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Hahahaha. That sounds like good advice for all of those Democrats, Hillary worshippers, and lame stream media members who's heads are constantly exploding due to the fact that they haven't produced any actual evidence that would warrant starting impeachment proceedings. Claims that they have actual evidence is not the same as actually having evidence.
PSA for you: alcohol poisoning is a difficult and nasty method of offing yourself. Just saying.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
To date, has either one initiated, or requested, impeachment proceedings commence? Would that be because they don't have any actual evidence to support impeachment, or have they both simply decided to give Trump a break from political rhetoric and harassment out of the kindness of their little bitty, stone-cold, hearts?
That is rich.

Republicans separate children from their families without regard to their health or how they will reunite them, shut down the government screwing over the employees, seek to end healthcare for the middle and lover classes to fund massive tax breaks for the rich, impose tariffs that ultimately cost US jobs, open public lands for exploitation by their corporate cronies, vilify any one who doesn't meet their standards of white European heterosexual, and a dozen or so other disgraceful acts, but Pelosi and Schumer are the ones with the little bitty, stone-cold, hearts.

Sure.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
That is rich.

Republicans separate children from their families without regard to their health or how they will reunite them, shut down the government screwing over the employees, seek to end healthcare for the middle and lover classes to fund massive tax breaks for the rich, impose tariffs that ultimately cost US jobs, open public lands for exploitation by their corporate cronies, vilify any one who doesn't meet their standards of white European heterosexual, and a dozen or so other disgraceful acts, but Pelosi and Schumer are the ones with the little bitty, stone-cold, hearts.

Sure.
Thanks.

You need to get your information to Pelosi and Schumer ASAP. Your information is probably what they've been waiting for.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
PSA for you: alcohol poisoning is a difficult and nasty method of offing yourself. Just saying.
That's your 2nd post concerning suicide. You seem to be obsessed with methods of suicide. That doesn't sound healthy. You might want to talk to someone about it. Unless you are suggesting that other posters should commit suicide? You might want to talk to someone about that, also.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
It's worth noting that Trump's lawyers have been working to prevent him from being under oath as he cannot be relied upon not to lie.
Put Trump under oath for one hour and I'll bet he'll commit a dozen counts of perjury.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The Democrats took power eight days ago. Saying Trump hasn't been impeached yet is pretty slim pickings.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You don't pull the trigger until you've loaded the gun. That doesn't mean you're afraid you'll miss the target.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
You know what some prosecutors do? They wait for the investigation to complete before pressing charges.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

The Moderator Speaks

Quote:
That two personal cracks, CaptMurdock. Don't do it again.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Please. Trump admitted on national TV to obstruction of justice. That's just the start.
More things that aren't true. I get that extremists think they already have evidence. The thing is, they don't.

It's a pity, in a way. But at least the House will be wasting its time investigating, and agreeing with each other in loud voices, instead of wasting its time legislating.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-12-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
More things that aren't true. I get that extremists think they already have evidence. The thing is, they don't.

It's a pity, in a way. But at least the House will be wasting its time investigating, and agreeing with each other in loud voices, instead of wasting its time legislating.

Regards,
Shodan
I don't suppose you're concerned a bit that the FBI is investigating whether the person occupying the White House is a Kremlin agent?

Forgive my lapse of memory, but you remind me of when the FBI was investigating whether Obama or either of the Clintons were Russian agents?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
I don't suppose you're concerned a bit that the FBI is investigating whether the person occupying the White House is a Kremlin agent?

Forgive my lapse of memory, but you remind me of when the FBI was investigating whether Obama or either of the Clintons were Russian agents?
This is an easy one. It will simply be claimed that the FBI were "in the tank" for Obama, or that the investigation into Trump for following Russian orders is fake news, or even if it is happening, it's just political business as usual, both sides do it. Here's an easy list - just choose one:

- The other party does it too
- Fake news
- The FBI are all democrats and/or biased
- It does not matter until someone is charged
- It does not matter until someone is convicted
- It does not matter until all appeals are over
- It's old news, lets move on
- What about Hillary? She's a criminal.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Isn’t it logical that, had there been credible evidence that the President were a double agent for Russia (words I never thought I’d write), we might know that by now?

Connie
Old 01-12-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
That's your 2nd post concerning suicide. You seem to be obsessed with methods of suicide. That doesn't sound healthy. You might want to talk to someone about it. Unless you are suggesting that other posters should commit suicide? You might want to talk to someone about that, also.

Given that you're the one who brought up the subject of exploding heads, I don't think MY stability is not the one you should be questioning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2019, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
This is an easy one. It will simply be claimed that the FBI were "in the tank" for Obama, or that the investigation into Trump for following Russian orders is fake news, or even if it is happening, it's just political business as usual, both sides do it. Here's an easy list - just choose one:

- The other party does it too
- Fake news
- The FBI are all democrats and/or biased
- It does not matter until someone is charged
- It does not matter until someone is convicted
- It does not matter until all appeals are over
- It's old news, lets move on
- What about Hillary? She's a criminal.
Somewhere in that list, I would add "the real scandal here is the way the [Democrats|anti-Trump liberal media] are trying to sensationalize this issue for [political gain|ratings]. That's what we should be focusing on."
Old 01-13-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Somewhere in that list, I would add "the real scandal here is the way the [Democrats|anti-Trump liberal media] are trying to sensationalize this issue for [political gain|ratings]. That's what we should be focusing on."
You are hilarious! What, precisely, would be the political gain?? And ratings? Sir, your boy is king of the ratings and no one can match him. Bye.
Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man. When in the hands of a good man it is all well enough. But we ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe. Frederick Douglass
Old 01-13-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
So the problem isn't that Trump is being investigated seven ways to Sunday about conspiracy with a hostile foreign power (among about a dozen other things). The problem is that Democrats and the 'liberal media are concerned and report it.

Got it.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:25 AM

OMG let's read for content please.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
You are hilarious! What, precisely, would be the political gain?? And ratings? Sir, your boy is king of the ratings and no one can match him. Bye.
Quote:
So the problem isn't that Trump is being investigated seven ways to Sunday about conspiracy with a hostile foreign power (among about a dozen other things). The problem is that Democrats and the 'liberal media are concerned and report it.

Got it.
You missed the point. Vinyl Turnip isn't offering this as a legitimate response. He's saying it's the kind of irrelevant response that the Republicans make when people point out Trump's flaws.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 01-13-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Conrad Shadowdale View Post
Isnt it logical that, had there been credible evidence that the President were a double agent for Russia (words I never thought Id write), we might know that by now?
Why? The Republicans have controlled the government for the last two years and have been working very hard to avoid anything being found.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Natasha Bertrand stated it more clearly:
Quote:
Stepping back for a minute: If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.
That help ya any?