Old 01-21-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropo View Post
Can’t speak for lawyers, good or bad, but the repetition of Mr. G’s buffoon act seems calculated. It fits a Trump pattern of creating numerous superficial controversies for the town, media and public to digest. Such buffoonery could always be disavowed (“You’re fired!”) or equivocated (“Rudy didn’t understand what I told him.”), so there is no perceived risk of actual consequences.

In Trump’s ignorant, compulsively lying mind, words are cheap and have no integrity... similar, I imagine, to how he views most people. And after successfully selling himself as a president, I think he feels he can sell anything, including his own innocence.
Yep. And the best part is when he genuinely appears surprised at the results. Like when Trump made statements that appeared to be anti-Muslim, and then those same statements bit him in the ass when the first round of his Muslim Ban went to court. It’s like he never considered that the words he says are actually evidence that can be used to discern motive. He just thinks that words cease to exist as soon as they are uttered.

The sad part is that many of the Red-Hat Retards appear to be under this same misapprehension.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB99 View Post
Red-Hat Retards
Red MAGA hats are the new white hoods.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
At least the KKK recognized what they were doing was wrong in some way, and chose to hide behind their masks. Not anymore...
Old 01-21-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
When did Anne of Green Goebbels Coulter begin to matter again? She sank into oblivion, and now all of a sudden she's a heavyweight? Anyway, she's already out there screaming "Amnesty!". Maybe that matters, God along knows what does, these days.
Some dumb fuck pulled the wooden stake from her chest.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropo View Post
Can’t speak for lawyers, good or bad, but the repetition of Mr. G’s buffoon act seems calculated. It fits a Trump pattern of creating numerous superficial controversies for the town, media and public to digest. Such buffoonery could always be disavowed (“You’re fired!”) or equivocated (“Rudy didn’t understand what I told him.”), so there is no perceived risk of actual consequences.
This sounds too much like fourth-dimensional chess to me. You don't distract attention away from a scandal by revealing a different scandal.

Any politician, even Donald Trump, needs to care about public opinion. He's going to be judged by public opinion next year.

A politician always tries to make himself look better than he really is. So as incompetent as Trump looks, we should consider this perception is the result of a major effort to conceal the reality that he's much more incompetent than that.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:58 AM

Yeah, I'm not seeing deep thought at work, either. Trump's schtick for decades has been to create a false reality, then sell that reality with confidence in the hopes that someone else will accept that false reality as the real reality. At that point you are a sucker and he has made his sale (or you're a supporter and he has your vote). If the lies coming from Trump & Giuliani seem more and more ridiculous, they are just following this pattern of repeating the nonsense until it is finally accepted as fact. They really have nothing else to work with.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
They are not so much hats as caps. They ought to be known as the maga redcaps, just for the sake of twisting them.

besides, there is a Red Hat Society already, which should in no way be connected with magats
Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
I can see "Wall-Tunnel-Ladder" replacing "Rock-Paper-Scissors"., only both tunnel and ladder beat wall. Kind of like Joey Tribianni's version of RPS in which rock breaks scissors and smashes through paper.
You forgot "boat".
Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Piper View Post
Who is "They"? Why is there a picture for this thread, but no others? Do the Tapatalk people insert it?

Just puzzled by it all. Why don't other threads in the other forums have pix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannyDan View Post
Wondering the same thing myself! Also viewing with Tapatalk. Does not appear on my desktop.
I have been using Tapatalk for some years now, and it seems that in the thread overviews, they show the last picture (or video) that has been posted to a thread. Note that Tapatalk also shows those pictures (and videos) inline in the posts, whereas in a browser you only see the links.

Last edited by EinsteinsHund; 01-21-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:01 PM

Individual 1 and his Vice went to the MLK memorial this morning. They said Hi, how ya doin', commented on the weather, and left after two minutes without mentioning Martin Luther King.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...AbRWOb65nEkCz4
Old 01-21-2019, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

Trump probably figured he'd been snubbed when King wasn't there to greet him.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Or afraid if King showed up, he'd ask to rent an apartment.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
They are not so much hats as caps. They ought to be known as the maga redcaps, just for the sake of twisting them.

besides, there is a Red Hat Society already, which should in no way be connected with magats
I'd like to make it perfectly clear that they are in no way toques.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:21 PM

Well, you know how to spot MAGA caps?

Look for the unpaid bills.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Yeah, I'm not seeing deep thought at work, either. Trump's schtick for decades has been to create a false reality, then sell that reality with confidence in the hopes that someone else will accept that false reality as the real reality. At that point you are a sucker and he has made his sale (or you're a supporter and he has your vote). If the lies coming from Trump & Giuliani seem more and more ridiculous, they are just following this pattern of repeating the nonsense until it is finally accepted as fact. They really have nothing else to work with.
That's all true, I think. There's also a specific (non-4th-dimensional-chess) reason for Giuliani's revelations in general though: to get out ahead of that particular piece of news and hang a 'No Big Deal' sign on it.

In this case, Guiliani told the world yesterday that Trump had talked with Cohen before Cohen's testimony to Congress, about that testimony. Guiliani didn't say that Trump had told Cohen to lie because Trump & Co. believe that the evidence Mueller has about that is of the "plausibly deniable" type.

In other words, there may be emails referring to Trump asking "what are you going to say?" and Cohen answering "that the Trump-Tower-Moscow stuff was all over before you started running for President" and Trump then talking about the weather or such. Or there may even be tapes made by Cohen of such an interchange.

It would be something that pretty clearly is Trump making sure that Cohen would lie. But it wouldn't include Trump saying the words "be sure you lie to them." So, in the minds of Trump enablers, "plausibly deniable."

It would be bad if this information came from investigators into Trump. Better to put it out first. Rudy would want the world to know that this evidence exists, and he'd want to sell the idea that it's 'a nothingberder' (as we say now).

Last edited by Sherrerd; 01-21-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Or afraid if King showed up, he'd ask to rent an apartment.
Or glad that he didn't show because президент Trump forgot his gift basket with the usual water bottles, bag o'steaks, ties, Trump Eau de Toilette Spray, Vodka...

(And maybe a roll of paper towels to boot.)
Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM

I had a cheerful thought recently since no one is being paid to inspect our food anymore there is a good chance that Trump could die of salmonella poisoning from one of his ketchup steaks or McDonalds's hamburders.

We might all die, too, but unless he's gonna be buying all his food from Canada he's just as at risk as we are. There's a silver lining in every tragedy.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've seen videos of Trump in a white MAGA hat the last few days. I guess the point comes next?
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidin View Post
So Rudy G is on Meet the Press this morning once again tearing another hole in this whole Russian Collusion thing: https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...-1429088835567

Has anyone seriously considered that maybe Rudy is a double agent working for Bob Mueller? Ala "learn all of Trump's secrets then go on TV and spill the beans all while claiming you're 'defending' him?"

I mean it's either that or Rudy is a certifiable class-A moron, so I get we won't be sure either way...
One wonders how many mafiosi are sitting in prison, wishing they could put out a hit on their lawyers. “You let THIS guy put me away?”
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

Gotta wonder what Michael Milken thinks, given RudyG pinched him for $1.2 billion for a fake $5 million invoice.

Last edited by JohnT; Yesterday at 12:23 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

oops

Last edited by Celidin; Yesterday at 12:40 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidin View Post
oops
+1

That really kinda says it all about this clusterfuck of an administration. /close thread
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

Individual 1 has received a Razzie Award nomination for Worst Actor for both Dinesh D'Souza's Birth of a Nation and Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9.
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Mitch McConnell's plan to end the shutdown, based on Individual 1's "compromise" from his speech the other day:
1300 pages
$1 billion plus more for ICE to fund more prosecutions and hire more than 2000 more agents.
A $2 million fund to award informants against undocumented residents.
Detention beds for 52,000 detainees
Bar minors from El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras from applying for asylum inside the United States, and instead require them to apply at “a Designated Application Processing Center in Central America.” The bill would also restrict the number of Central American minors even allowed to apply for asylum annually to 50,000 per year, and place a 15,000-person cap on the number of asylum applications that could be approved. The bill would also prevent them from applying at the borders, but the application processing centers wouldn't be open for nine months. The bill would also move the adjudication of asylum cases for Central American minors from the jurisdiction of immigration judges and courts, and instead would be decided by Department of Homeland Security “asylum or refugee officers.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/gops-s...um-admissions?
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Sounds like basically nobody will ever be granted asylum again under that scheme.
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM

That's the idea.
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM

And the application must be filled out in English.
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
...A $2 million fund to award informants against undocumented residents.....
Of all the goddam motherfucking rotten shit! Whats the going rate, thousand bucks for the parents, two fifty each for the kids?
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Individual 1 has received a Razzie Award nomination for Worst Actor for both Dinesh D'Souza's Birth of a Nation and Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9.
Worst Actor? This will eat at him like nothing since Rosie O'Donnell's insults.

If we're lucky, he'll be so eager to prove them wrong that he'll drop all his grifting and wreck-the-economy efforts, in favor of finding a movie to star in to show he's the Greatest Actor of All Time.

(I suggest a remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space, with Donald in the "Director's Chiropractor" role.)
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post

If we're lucky, he'll be so eager to prove them wrong that he'll drop all his grifting and wreck-the-economy efforts, in favor of finding a movie to star in to show he's the Greatest Actor of All Time.

(I suggest a remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space, with Donald in the "Director's Chiropractor" role.)
He should hire Senor Spielbergo.
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsHund View Post
He should hire Senor Spielbergo.
"Schindler es bueno, Señor Trump es el diablo."
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post

A remake of "Manos, The Hands Of Fate". Short Film category.
Giuliani can play Torgo.
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Did you go where I think you went or am I just old with an antique definition of Redcap?
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Did you go where I think you went or am I just old with an antique definition of Redcap?
I assumed he meant the murderous faeries.
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

Quote:
yes I did, tyvm
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM

privatized immigrant detention centers (where you can get work for $1/day and save up for nearly two weeks to buy a tube of toothpaste)

Last edited by eschereal; Yesterday at 09:09 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM

One Day in the Life of Juan Denisovich

Last edited by elucidator; Yesterday at 10:19 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Of all the goddam motherfucking rotten shit! Whats the going rate, thousand bucks for the parents, two fifty each for the kids?
Gotta get the ball rolling with incentives to turn in the juden vermin brown subhumans illegals.

Before you know it, they'll be building community shower facilities.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Quote:
privatized immigrant detention centers (where you can get work for $1/day and save up for nearly two weeks to buy a tube of toothpaste)
Land of the Free!
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM

Quote:
yes I did, tyvm
So, can we address the MAGA Redcaps "boy?"
Old Today, 12:10 AM

Quote:
So, can we address the MAGA Redcaps "boy?"
No. It was wrong in the old days (tolerated as it might have been), it is no less wrong today. We need to knock off with the othering, because they are sure as hell not going to.