Old 02-15-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
How easy is it to smuggle Ricin into a prison?
Bake it into a cake and we'll see!
Old 02-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
Bake it into a cake and we'll see!
I didn't say "rice pudding". I said "ricin pudding". It's his own fault if he didn't listen.

Think of it as suicide by inattention.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

If we knew he was coming ...
Old 02-15-2019, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
If we knew he was coming ...
If I knew you were baking
I'd have come in your cake!
Old 02-15-2019, 01:30 PM

Damn, son. You ejaculate ricin?
Old 02-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

Yesterday, Matt Schlapp, head of the American Conservative Union and husband of Mercedes Schlapp, a White House strategic communications adviser, said:

Quote:
“Tomorrow will be the first day that President Trump will have a fully operational confirmed Attorney General,” Schlapp wrote Thursday on Twitter. “Let that sink in. Mueller will be gone soon.”
I think that it is more interesting that today is the day the new AG is briefed on what Mueller has found. Much more likely that Barr will be astounded than eager to shut things down.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
Much more likely that Barr will be astounded than eager to shut things down.
Yeah, that sounds like some insanely wishful thinking, especially given Barr's and Mueller's shared history. That really seems to have the foxes spooked and looking for the henhouse exits.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

Mueller recommends 19.5-24 years for Manafort:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/statu...340244480?s=19
Old 02-15-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Mueller recommends 19.5-24 years for Manafort:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/statu...340244480?s=19
For a guy turning 70 in April, that should do it.

I guess they'll have to put him in an administrative segregation housing unit so he doesn't get shanked by some celebrity-seeking... roommate.

I hope it's hard time.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:22 PM

Too late to edit:

This story was also pleasing. (Reuters)

Quote:
Self-described “dirty trickster” Roger Stone will still be able to speak about his upcoming criminal trial under a gag order issued on Friday, but the U.S. judge handling the case warned the former adviser to Donald Trump that he might want to choose his words carefully.

<snip>

The order prohibits lawyers involved in the case from speaking with news media outlets and prohibits other participants, like Stone himself, from making statements that may affect the case when they are near the courthouse.
Something tells me this will be a stepping, uh, stone to a full gag order. This guy would use his mother's face as a foothold to climb his way up to a camera.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
For a guy turning 70 in April, that should do it.

I guess they'll have to put him in an administrative segregation housing unit so he doesn't get shanked by some celebrity-seeking... roommate.

I hope it's hard time.
He should get a tattoo of Nixon on his back for protection.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:36 PM

Here’s a link to the full sentencing memo.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/polit...emo/index.html

Wow. This is some seriously harsh stuff. And when Trump hears about this (I almost typed “reads about this”, then caught the obvious error) he’s gonna need his 243 pound diaper changed.

Because I promise you Trump has been doing stuff like this for decades. He’s dirty as fuck. And right now his accountants and Michael “Flip” Cohen are unloading on the Feds. Someday I’m going to be reading a document almost exactly like this with Trump as Defendant. Fuck Russia, that’ll just be the dressing on the cake.

Oh well, time will tell, but the thought is a nice Friday night pick-me-up. A girl can dream.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 02-15-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
He sure should. <smirk>

Quote:
Here’s a link to the full sentencing memo.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/polit...emo/index.html

Wow. This is some seriously harsh stuff. And when Trump hears about this (I almost typed “reads about this”, then caught the obvious error) he’s gonna need his 243 pound diaper changed.

Because I promise you Trump has been doing stuff like this for decades. He’s dirty as fuck. And right now his accountants and Michael “Flip” Cohen are unloading on the Feds. Someday I’m going to be reading a document almost exactly like this with Trump as Defendant. Fuck Russia, that’ll just be the dressing on the cake.

Oh well, time will tell, but the thought is a nice Friday night pick-me-up. A girl can dream.
I can't agree with fuck Russia, but in all other respects, we are of an exact same mind. I want to see this filthy man taken down so bad.

William Barr is about to become either the greatest hero or the most ghastly villain our country has ever known. I wish I knew which.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, dragons on the chest don't work.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
He sure should. <smirk>I can't agree with fuck Russia, but in all other respects, we are of an exact same mind. I want to see this filthy man taken down so bad.<snip>
Bolding mine. While his everyday basic real estate and other crimes are serious (Trump U). Treason is sort of serious shit. Best not to have a traitor in the White House.

I don't generally agree to make an example of someone's crimes to deter others, but in this case, we should. If we don't, every crook and con-man will just try to get elected to avoid legal trouble and enrich themselves.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
Yesterday, Matt Schlapp, head of the American Conservative Union and husband of Mercedes Schlapp, a White House strategic communications adviser, said:

I think that it is more interesting that today is the day the new AG is briefed on what Mueller has found. Much more likely that Barr will be astounded than eager to shut things down.
Barr better watch out too. It's well known he was installed by Trump to kill and bury the investigation. It's also very possible there's a fat file on him too.

I think if he does the right thing, it will be purely out of self preservation. He's scum. Trump only hires scum like himself.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
He sure should. <smirk>

I can't agree with fuck Russia, but in all other respects, we are of an exact same mind. I want to see this filthy man taken down so bad.

William Barr is about to become either the greatest hero or the most ghastly villain our country has ever known. I wish I knew which.
Well, I can agree with "fuck Russia". They've been carrying Trump for a long long time (using real estate for money laundering), giving him no pay loans, sending secret money through Deutsche Bank, running hacking operations and disinformation scams to elect Trump, etc, etc. Putin and the oligarchs have been using him and the scum on his White House "staff" for years in one way or another.

So yeah, fuck Russia.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andros View Post
Damn, son. You ejaculate ricin?
That would be telling.

Nevertheless, now the song will be stuck in your head for the rest of your life.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Well, I can agree with "fuck Russia". They've been carrying Trump for a long long time (using real estate for money laundering), giving him no pay loans, sending secret money through Deutsche Bank, running hacking operations and disinformation scams to elect Trump, etc, etc. Putin and the oligarchs have been using him and the scum on his White House "staff" for years in one way or another.

So yeah, fuck Russia.
I think my meaning has been misconstrued.

I was responding with a perception that Ann Hedonia was saying that in the total scheme of things, Russia was not the important matter when she said, fuck Russia.

I was saying I disagree with that. I think Russia is the most important matter. Like enipla and Steve1 said, it's my view that we can't accept on any level the insertion of a Russian asset, witting or unwitting, as our head of government. And while I understand it may not be the thing that takes Trump down, I believe it is a mistake to minimize in any way what clearly occurred.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Bolding mine. While his everyday basic real estate and other crimes are serious (Trump U). Treason is sort of serious shit. Best not to have a traitor in the White House.

I don't generally agree to make an example of someone's crimes to deter others, but in this case, we should. If we don't, every crook and con-man will just try to get elected to avoid legal trouble and enrich themselves.
In theory, the electorate should have some sort of say in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
That would be telling.

Nevertheless, now the song will be stuck in your head for the rest of your life.
Ricin has about the same time to act as the life of an earworm?
Old 02-16-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Steve-O's Prison Sex Avoidance Tattoo is his own huge face taking up his whole back and underneath it says "yeah dude, i rock!". Genius.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:23 AM

Mueller tells the court he has evidence of Roger Stone colluding with WikiLeaks.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/polit...ks/index.html?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:54 PM

Mueller has now subpoenaed Brittany Kaiser, the former business development director for Cambridge Analytica, the defunct Trump-campaign-linked data firm. Kaiser is the second former employee from Cambridge Analytica to be drawn into Mueller's probe.

"Defunct" meaning it apparently existed JUST long enough to help Putin and Trump. The "data firm", which once had former Trump strategist Steve Bannon as its vice president, worked on President Trump's 2016 campaign. Cambridge Analytica, launched with the help of Republican megadonors Robert and Rebekah Mercer, also worked with advocates of the United Kingdom's departure from the European Union, resulting in interest from British parliamentary opponents.

Another one, Republican lobbyist Sam Patten already pleaded guilty in August to violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act—and part of his agreement was that he cooperate with the Mueller probe. Which helped pave the way to Cambridge Analytica.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:00 AM
BANNED

Totally get why this thread seems to exist in perpetuity. Of course it goes right along with the ongoing investigation, and provides no end of entertainment for the anti-Trumpists! Good for you!

Yet I sometimes wonder if anyone posting here is actually smart enough to realize just how wholly irrational and counterproductive this thing is, overall. Mueller is running out the clock to demonstrate his own relevance, justify his paycheck and appease the powers-that-be, regardless of the outcome.

From a recent Hill article:

Quote:
...he and others believed they were working for a president who might have conspired with Russia to betray this country. There must not be one scintilla of evidence of this; otherwise, special counsel Robert Mueller surely would have taken steps long before now to rid the nation of such a dangerous commander-in-chief.
You people are fucked in the head.

Last edited by BeenJammin; 02-18-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add link
Old 02-18-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenJammin View Post
Totally get why this thread seems to exist in perpetuity. Of course it goes right along with the ongoing investigation, and provides no end of entertainment for the anti-Trumpists! Good for you!

Yet I sometimes wonder if anyone posting here is actually smart enough to realize just how wholly irrational and counterproductive this thing is, overall. Mueller is running out the clock to demonstrate his own relevance, justify his paycheck and appease the powers-that-be, regardless of the outcome.

Thank you for that insightful analysis.

[/sarcasm]
Old 02-18-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Fascinating insight. Who specifically, pray tell, are these "powers that be" that Mr. Mueller so wants to appease? Name names, if you please.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 AM

Nothingberder!
Old 02-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

The Starr investigation score: Time 4 years, indictments 0. The Mueller investigation score: Time 2 years, indictments 37 (and counting). I am no fan of the Clintons but the difference is telling.

Last edited by DesertDog; 02-18-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:

I have this vision of a bunch of Mueller peoples sitting around a big conference table with piles of papers in front of them.
Mueller asks what the first person has done this week and the answer is something along the lines of, "well, I looked into ____ and that led me to ___ and ___ and now I'm investigating ___ and ___ and ___ and ___."
"Any idea when you'll finish up?" asks Mr. Mueller.
"Well, if we farm the ___ investigation and all it's children off to ___ State investigators, and the ___ investigation and it's fifteen children don't lead to any further side investigations, maybe in a year?"

"Next?"
"Same answer, sir"

Times about 20.

After which they all put their heads down and sob.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Nothingberder!
With fries!
“Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man. When in the hands of a good man it is all well enough.” But “we ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Frederick Douglass
Old 02-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Opinion piece <> article
Old 02-18-2019, 10:44 AM

Nice to see the arrival of Derp to the thread.

Last edited by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear; 02-18-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The Starr investigation score: Time 4 years, indictments 0. The Mueller investigation score: Time 2 years, indictments 37 (and counting). I am no fan of the Clintons but the difference is telling.
And remember that every conservative's safe word is "Benghazi."
Old 02-18-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
And then there are the associated guilty pleas. I wonder why BeenJammin seems to have forgotten to mention any of that?

Last edited by El_Kabong; 02-18-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:58 AM

So far it isn't Trump directly, so Democrats are fucked, or some other dumb shit.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:
...he and others believed they were working for a president who might have conspired with Russia to betray this country. There must not be one scintilla of evidence of this; otherwise, special counsel Robert Mueller surely would have taken steps long before now to rid the nation of such a dangerous commander-in-chief.
Or, Mueller wants a case so ironclad not even the most delusional MAGAer can deny it (although, cue the "Deep State" is out to get Trump cries).

Thought experiment:

A decent percentage of Trump supporters believe him over any other source of information, even their favorite news source like Fox News (saw a recent poll about this somewhere).

What would happen if Trump himself admitted to his base that he actively and directly colluded with Putin?

I'll bet there would be some that justify this with their go-to talking point by saying "But, Hillary...[insert whatever conspiracy theory]"
Old 02-18-2019, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
Opinion piece <> article
You dare question the journalistic bona fides of FRANCEY HAKES, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR, and by extension, the impartiality of our own BeenJammin? You, sir, are nearly as despicable as Robert Mueller and his rogue's gallery of Deep State traitors!
Old 02-18-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
And then there are the associated guilty pleas. I wonder why BeenJammin seems to have forgotten to mention any of that?
Do you seriously wonder that? Surely not.
“Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man. When in the hands of a good man it is all well enough.” But “we ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Frederick Douglass
Old 02-18-2019, 11:26 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
You dare question the journalistic bona fides of FRANCEY HAKES, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR, and by extension, the impartiality of our own BeenJammin? You, sir, are nearly as despicable as Robert Mueller and his rogue's gallery of Deep State traitors!
As I tell my children when I enforce the cruel realities of homework having to be completed before TV and electronics: "I am a horrible person. I have come to accept this about myself and have learned to live with it."
Old 02-18-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
You, sir, are nearly as despicable as Robert Mueller and his rogue's gallery of Deep State traitors!
Nitpick, but aren't they more of a motley crew? I don't think a mere gallery of rogues could arrange for such a symphony of fake indictments, fake confessions, fake jail terms, fake evidence, fake paper trails and so on.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Motley?

Positively doughty, I’d say.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
I thought they were after Trump? You know - #1 guy? Sorry if I'm not trying hard enough...

How delusional do you have to be to NOT believe this level of investigative scrutiny would not turn up similar shenanigans from a similar group of Dems?

Last edited by BeenJammin; 02-18-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I thought they were after Trump?
They're after the facts. So far, the investigation has uncovered a lot of criminal activity. Whether it leads to Trump or not remains to be seen.

It has, however, established a pattern of lying by Trump about all things Russian.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
I'll bet there would be some that justify this with their go-to talking point by saying "But, Hillary...[insert whatever conspiracy theory]"
Fuck Hillary, and fuck all the distractions too. Furthermore, how delusional do you have to be to believe Trump is NOT just a GOP patsy, with literally no fucking idea what they are doing to/with him, right from the start?
Old 02-18-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I thought they were after Trump?
Not explicitly. The Special Counsel's investigation is into possible Russian interference with the 2016 election and possible links or coordination with the Trump campaign.

Naive foreigner here, but I would have thought that every American would want to know if a foreign power had tried (and potentially succeeded) to tilt the pinball table of US politics.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
Naive foreigner here, but I would have thought that every American would want to know if a foreign power had tried (and potentially succeeded) to tilt the pinball table of US politics.
That was blatantly obvious to EVERYONE for quite some time.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
..how delusional do you have to be to believe Trump is NOT just a GOP patsy, with literally no fucking idea what they are doing to/with him, right from the start?
If the POTUS is a patsy, surrounded by unscrupulous criminals, then don't you want them investigated and brought to justice?
Old 02-18-2019, 01:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Not explicitly.
Explicitly? Does every bit of paperwork coming out of the executive branch need be on Trump letterhead? Jesus fucking h-christ.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
If the POTUS is a patsy, surrounded by unscrupulous criminals, then don't you want them investigated and brought to justice?
Still watching, waiting. Maybe I'm just too impatient?
Old 02-18-2019, 01:44 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Still watching, waiting. Maybe I'm just too impatient?
Impatient, stupid and dishonest is no way to go through life.