Old 04-13-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
The irony, it burns.
You think Trumpo could keep his pants on in Russia? You think Putin and his KGB friends don't know all about hidden cameras? The money angle is pretty well understood already. Hardly anyone but the Russians (laundered through Western banks, perhaps) want to lend to Mr. Bankrupt.
And you have read about Comey's book, right?
Yeah, I read ABOUT his book. I dont't plan to read it. What about his book?
Old 04-13-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillReadmore View Post
If the Stormy Daniels thing were limited to having an affair, I don't believe there would be so much effort put into fighting that. I don't believe anyone doubts there was an affair. And, even the evangelicals are pronouncing this as OK by them.

Really, the only choice is that it leads somewhere in order to be so important.

Would a video be enough?

Could it lead to illegal acts during the election?

Was there a pregnancy?

I don't know, but it can't just be an affair.
Nah, the important thing was that the story would have broke just before the election. $130 K would have been considered small change to prevent that.

Just like Watergate the interesting thing here is the coverup and the campaign financing issues.
Plus this one was consensual, which not all the others were.
Now the doorman story could be something else.

Scorecard, scorecard, you can't keep track of Trump scandals without a scorecard.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Peebles View Post
Yeah, I read ABOUT his book. I dont't plan to read it. What about his book?
He talks about Trump freaking out about the supposed pee video. More than someone would who know any such video had to be faked.
Every knew the rumors before, but it was not big news until we learned that Trump cared about it.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Unlikely. There are precious few things that Trump is consistent about, but he's been harping on "China is unfair" for decades. Long before anyone even knew who Obama was. And TPP looked like another way for China to "take advantage" of us.
Yeah, that's because Trump thought China was a party to TPP. Which it isn't.
Is Taiwan a member?
Shit, what would happen if Trump ignorantly called Taiwan China? Scary.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:55 AM
Charter Member

I'm so confused. Hillary was against TPP, so why wasn't Trump for it??? Of course, it was an Obama initiative, so that must have muddied the waters.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Guy View Post
I'm so confused. Hillary was against TPP, so why wasn't Trump for it??? Of course, it was an Obama initiative, so that must have muddied the waters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...de-deal-229381
Old 04-14-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
The (in)famous Clinton triangulation gambit. Didn't quite work out that time.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measure for Measure View Post
I hope it's not blackmail as well. Let's list the key players in this liberal elite conspiracy:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions (R)
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein (R)
Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller (R)
FBI Director Jim Comey (R)
U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman (R)
The "R" stands for "geoRge soRos."
Old 04-15-2018, 05:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Trump is an idiot and has no idea what he's doing.
Worse: Trump is way out of his depth but thinks he knows what he's doing.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:05 AM

I just thank god this is not happening in 1997, or we'd be seeing "l33t" everywhere.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
How are the elites controlling the FBI?
In this case all you needed to control in the FBI were Strzok, Comey, McCabe. Next you get Judge Contreras, who is a FISC judge. Contreras may or may not have been played, either way he was set up because of his personal relationship with Strzok. If you could see exactly how they were controlled then this would be a cut and dry case, but that is always well hidden. It is different for any given person, but the usual suspects are money, sex, power, fame, blackmail.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfriver View Post
In this case all you needed to control in the FBI were Strzok, Comey, McCabe. Next you get Judge Contreras, who is a FISC judge. Contreras may or may not have been played, either way he was set up because of his personal relationship with Strzok. If you could see exactly how they were controlled then this would be a cut and dry case, but that is always well hidden. It is different for any given person, but the usual suspects are money, sex, power, fame, blackmail.
Is there any evidence of this going on or is it too "well hidden?"
Old 04-15-2018, 06:36 PM

That's how you can be sure!
Old 04-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
It is different for any given person, but the usual suspects are money, sex, power, fame, blackmail.
Yes, those are useful tools for controlling our marionettes. But as a dues paying member of the Illumuniti, I know of another method that sometimes works - overwhelming evidence and proper judicial procedure.

Keeps the sheep off balance. They expect blackmail, but then we sock them with evidence and reason. They never see it coming.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
How are the elites controlling the FBI?
DEEP STATE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidwithanR View Post
It's possible that Trump is just no longer able to find people with the necessary qualifications to work for him - he needs his allies to have a very specific combination of characteristics, and while quick-thinking people are not scarce, quick-thinking and extremely gullible people are few and far between.
Not really. Honestly, I think "quick thinking and extremely gullible" people are much more common that "quick thinking and not gullible" people are. It's the nature and content of that quick thinking that separates the two. One of the hallmarks of stupidity is overestimating your intelligence. I think stupid people who believe they are smart can have fast moving mental processes going on, they are just faulty and incorrect. The stupid person lacks the tools to recognize this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Who are these guys? Elite what, athletes? I'm going out on a limb and saying that I believe that elite athletes are not blackmailing Trump.
Elite secretive figures. It's the fact that they are unknown that proves they exist!

Quote:
Go read a History textbook.
Oooooh, snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Guy View Post
Trump hates both but if it comes down to woman vs black person, hatred for the black person wins out every time.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
DEEP STATE!!!!!!!

Not really. Honestly, I think "quick thinking and extremely gullible" people are much more common that "quick thinking and not gullible" people are. It's the nature and content of that quick thinking that separates the two. One of the hallmarks of stupidity is overestimating your intelligence. I think stupid people who believe they are smart can have fast moving mental processes going on, they are just faulty and incorrect. The stupid person lacks the tools to recognize this.

Elite secretive figures. It's the fact that they are unknown that proves they exist!

Oooooh, snap!

Trump hates both but if it comes down to woman vs black person, hatred for the black person wins out every time.
Who are the unknown secretive Russians who colluded with Trump? Millions of dollars have been spent on an investigation that has been going on for almost a year. So who are they?
Old 04-15-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Who are the unknown secretive Russians who colluded with Trump? Millions of dollars have been spent on an investigation that has been going on for almost a year. So who are they?
Are you under the impression that anyone involved in the investigation hangs out here?
Old 04-15-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
You're asking me who are the unknown secret people? My head is about to explode. Mind-blown. The chess playing guy? Wtf. How about we wait until the investigation is concluded? It's what I don't understand about the cries from Trump and the right, the constant "There has been shown to be no collusion! NO COLLUSION! I think Trump even spouted that shit when he was surrounded by children at the Easter Egg hunt. "Happy Easter children, have fun NO COLLUSION!" Upon what are these claims based? Of course no news of collusion has been reported from the Mueller investigation, it's an ongoing investigation.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
So this totally does not answer who these elites are that you speak of.

Last edited by bobot; 04-15-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin' View Post
Are you under the impression that anyone involved in the investigation hangs out here?
If they had anything it would have leaked already.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Of course no news of collusion has been reported from the Mueller investigation, it's an ongoing investigation.
An ongoing investigation that has secured a guilty plea from Micael Flynn for lying to investigators about conversations with the Russian Ambassador. Also a indictment of Paul Manafort for money laundering. Foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos was a much smaller fish, but he pled guilty to lying to the FBI about Trump campaign contacts with Russia.

Trump Jr released emails documenting collusion:
"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," Goldstone wrote in the email to Trump Jr.
"If it's what you say I love it," Trump Jr. replied, according to the email he released.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/polit...ils/index.html

So yeah, I'd say Trump campaign collusion with Russia is pretty well established, though it is not absolutely proven that Donald Trump himself was involved in a criminal way.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
If they had anything it would have leaked already.
You do that if you want to kneecap someone. Especially if you don't think you have a good case for a court of law, but you can damage someone politically via innuendo.

Mueller, OTOH, runs a tight ship: these indictments were secured without leaking for several months.

The wheels of justice turn slowly.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
An ongoing investigation that has secured a guilty plea from Micael Flynn for lying to investigators about conversations with the Russian Ambassador. Also a indictment of Paul Manafort for money laundering. Foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos was a much smaller fish, but he pled guilty to lying to the FBI about Trump campaign contacts with Russia.

Trump Jr released emails documenting collusion:
"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," Goldstone wrote in the email to Trump Jr.
"If it's what you say I love it," Trump Jr. replied, according to the email he released.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/polit...ils/index.html

So yeah, I'd say Trump campaign collusion with Russia is pretty well established, though it is not absolutely proven that Donald Trump himself was involved in a criminal way.
True. I just meant Donald Trump himself being shown to be personally involved. If the claim has been the Trump campaign never being shown to be guilty of collusion, then my comment is off.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 04-15-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:

So what were some specific things the Russians did for the Trump campaign in the instances you mentioned?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 PM

I think we all know who's really in charge.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
You remember that Trump has insulted both Comey, who it seems was respected when he ran the FBI and the FBI in general, right? Given that the FBI needs no conspiracy to go after Trump using all legal means.
Trump is like the moron who when he is pulled over for speeding starts to insult the cop. Things seldom go well for cretins like that.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan View Post
Wish this board had likes. Tell me that guy wouldn't have had a place in Trump's cabinet.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
So this totally does not answer who these elites are that you speak of.
I'd be happy to investigate that for half the money you are paying Mueller's team to figure out who the Russians are.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I'd be happy to investigate that for half the money you are paying Mueller's team to figure out who the Russians are.
You feel yourself qualified to step into those shoes?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
You feel yourself qualified to step into those shoes?
No.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Trump's attorneys office got raided. Now suddenly he indicates he wants back in to the TPP talks. And he is talking about retaliating against Assad for a chemical weapons attack which it would have made no sense for Assad to do. I wouldn't have expected any of this from Trump. Could it be that the elites are blackmailing Trump with info revealed from the raid on his attorney's office? Or is this "4D chess" on Trump's part? Or all just coincidence? Or this all seems more weighty than it is?
Quote:
You are the one talking about these elites. I'm just curious who that is, I thought you might know since you brought them up.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
No.
Maybe you should start off your investigation on spec, so we can pay you after we think you've come up with something good.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:05 PM

Well, there's the confession. Il Douche has already admitted total innocence.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Who are the unknown secretive elites who are blackmailing Trump? Who are they?
Old 04-16-2018, 04:18 PM

If we knew who they were, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it? The Illuminati is just a front for the real conspiracy, I dare not say more.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
In February 2018, Mueller's team issued indictments of 13 individuals, mostly Russians. They were charged with conspiracy in an attempt to impair enforcement of election law, wire fraud and bank fraud. Some of these Russians have come into contact with Trump officials, though so far there are no allegations that any American was a knowing participant in law breaking. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...oadmap/553604/

American patriots support attempts to punish those who break our laws and attempt to subvert our 220 year experiment with democracy. The continuing investigation may indeed uncover illegalities within the Trump campaign: upthread I documented that Trump campaign officials (specifically Donald Trump Jr) were positively eager to collude. The Feb 2018 indictments were but one thread, one accomplishment of the Mueller team celebrated by patriots across America. Further investigation should uncover the extent and depth of the 2016 Russian attacks and their consequences.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Who are these guys? Elite what, athletes? I'm going out on a limb and saying that I believe that elite athletes are not blackmailing Trump.
Congratulations. Youíve fallen for their ruse.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:02 AM
Charter Member

In other news

Nikki R. Haley, the US's Ambassador to the UN, announced expanded sanctions on Russia on Sunday. Trump rolled back that proposal today. Trump seems to have a policy on Russia that nobody else in his administration or in Congress supports.

That's pretty unusual. Lots of people in Washington support TPP. Lots of people oppose it. So it's understandable that a hypothetical dimwitted President might take both sides of that issue, if he was easily swayed by the last person he spoke to.

But basically nobody cuddles up to Putin like Trump does. Well, I suppose Manafort did as well, but he's no longer a governmental employee and is under indictment. Basically Donald Trump is Putin's protector in DC.

The fundamentals follow: given Trump's business adventures what are the odds that he wouldn't be noticed by a half-way competent Russian intelligence service? Low. If Russian intelligence conducted routine forms of entrapment and tradecraft, what are the odds that Trump would be prudent enough not to fall for it and smart enough to inform the FBI? Fairly low I say. Trump has his skillset, but well-tuned discretion isn't part of it.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:47 AM

I think Trumpís nature makes him somewhat impervious to bribery and blackmail. You canít successfully bribe someone that has no capacity for gratitude and you canít successfully blackmail someone that has no capacity for shame.

It doesnít mean that no ones tried, though.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Charter Member

Well, Putin certainly has some form of leverage on Trump, in any event.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:25 AM

Maybe he's a victim of latent homosexuality, and all that grabbing random nookie, all that fitful and desperate womanizing is all about denial. Like that famous racehorse, served as stud for years, and when he died, they did an autopsy and discovered he was totally gay.

Black capsule. Only answer.

Last edited by elucidator; 04-17-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Maybe he's a victim of latent homosexuality, and all that grabbing random nookie, all that fitful and desperate womanizing is all about denial.
Upon review, the allegations do not explicitly state that the "golden showers" prostitutes were female... a tape of Trump playing cross-the-streams with Muscovite leather daddies might actually shake the resolve of two or three of his weaker-minded zealots.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I think Trump’s nature makes him somewhat impervious to bribery and blackmail. You can’t successfully bribe someone that has no capacity for gratitude and you can’t successfully blackmail someone that has no capacity for shame.

It doesn’t mean that no ones tried, though.
The substantial payoffs to Stormy and others, and the machinations to keep the story out of the press dating from at least 2011 show definitively that Trump is susceptible to blackmail.

Before the Stormy tale broke, that was a reasonable comment regarding the Steele dossier. That Trump is indeed vulnerable to blackmail is psychologically interesting. I either had or at least wondered about your take before Stormy came forward.

Last edited by Measure for Measure; 04-17-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

Trump has no policy beliefs, no ethical values, and no practical knowledge of any kind to support any values or beliefs. He constantly changes positions, sometimes while speaking in public without having to take another breath. Why would you think that his having changes positions on this would imply blackmail?

Not to mention that “changing” positions has almost no meaning for someone who doesn’t really have any positions in the first place.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Charter Member

He has two constant positions:

1. What's in it for me?

2. Don't piss off Vlad.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
The substantial payoffs to Stormy and others
"Substantial" according to whose definition of the term?
Old 04-17-2018, 11:06 PM
Charter Member

Trump just came out against the TPP on twitter, 5 days after saying he might rejoin it. Not especially surprising. https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/986440581994942464
Quote:
"Substantial" according to whose definition of the term?
Mine of course.

More seriously, Trump is a cheapskate: he appears to have reimbursed Cohen out of campaign funds for example. Or not. While he promised $100 million to his campaign, he didn't exactly follow through with that.

So yeah, I'd say $130,000 for each bimbo isn't chump change, even for Trump. And we don't know how many recipients are involved.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
Trump has no policy beliefs, no ethical values, and no practical knowledge of any kind to support any values or beliefs. He constantly changes positions, sometimes while speaking in public without having to take another breath. Why would you think that his having changes positions on this would imply blackmail?
Having a plank changed in the Republican Party platform that might be viewed as belligerent toward Russia by Russia.
Delaying Congressionally-approved sanctions by eight months on the transparent excuse that 'they're not needed.' (I expect that was enough time for those Russian plutocrats to transfer their money to overseas accounts.)
Nearly constant praise of Putin...even when he criticizes Russia as a nation, he never says anything negative about Putin.
Giving top secret information to Russian contacts. For literally anyone else, that would be called espionage.
Numerous ties to Russians, including highly questionable meetings during and after the campaign.

Need I go on?