Old 08-15-2018, 02:08 PM

He talks like a tough guy who still itches for a fight, just with skinheads now instead of with POC.

But that’s not why it matters. It’s basic etiquette, decency, that if someone invites you to present your views and promote your book on a platform far bigger than you can generate on your own, and gives you friendly questions, you decline the offer or at least raise your beef with them in the interview to give them a chance to respond. To instead go on, play nice, wait until you are sure the podcast is released, and THEN stick the knife in his back? Any decent person knows that is super weaselly. Not cool at all, Picciolini. Not that I should be all that surprised: he came off like an insufferable douche on the podcast.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
He talks like a tough guy who still itches for a fight, just with skinheads now instead of with POC.

But that’s not why it matters. It’s basic etiquette, decency, that if someone invites you to present your views and promote your book on a platform far bigger than you can generate on your own, and gives you friendly questions, you decline the offer or at least raise your beef with them in the interview to give them a chance to respond. To instead go on, play nice, wait until you are sure the podcast is released, and THEN stick the knife in his back? Any decent person knows that is super weaselly. Not cool at all, Picciolini. Not that I should be all that surprised: he came off like an insufferable douche on the podcast.
He may not have been aware of it at the time. Your knee jerk defense of Harris, and attacks on any critics, are very telling.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:14 PM

Aware of what?
Old 08-15-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Aware of what?
The things Harris has said that Picciolini finds objectionable.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:02 PM

Really? That’s a little hard for me to believe. He was on the podcast pretty recently, long after the podcast episode that started this thread, and the accompanying Vox articles and so on.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Really? That’s a little hard for me to believe. He was on the podcast pretty recently, long after the podcast episode that started this thread, and the accompanying Vox articles and so on.
Who the hell knows? I don't care about etiquette when it comes to the appropriate ways to criticize those who enable white supremacists and white supremacism.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 08-15-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Who the hell knows? I don't care about etiquette when it comes to the appropriate ways to criticize those who enable white supremacists and white supremacism.
I would call that a bogus characterization of Sam. But you obviously believe it. Would you play nicey-nice with him so you could pimp your book, then shit talk him later? If so, you’re a scuzzy weasel too, just like Picciolini.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I would call that a bogus characterization of Sam. But you obviously believe it. Would you play nicey-nice with him so you could pimp your book, then shit talk him later? If so, you’re a scuzzy weasel too, just like Picciolini.
He certainly enabled Murray, without challenging any of Murray's bullshit views in any way at all. As for the rest, I'm not interested in your childish nonsense.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:11 AM

Really? Not a legitimate question to ask if you would play a two-faced, self-serving game like that with someone you deeply disapproved of? I call that a dodge.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:56 AM

I had never heard of Picciolini before his book was recommended last week in this thread. This did not give me a good first impression. From taking a look at his social media, I get the sense that, similar to the SPLC, he's a mixed bag who provides value in exposing some groups while having struggles categorizing other people and difficulty correcting mistakes. I think Harris made a very poor choice in C. Murray as an interview subject and has not come out looking great defending it (to Klein). I just don't see a pattern of Harris continually bringing up the subject multiple times. I don't think he does and his own views oughtn't steer folks in that wrong direction.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Really? Not a legitimate question to ask if you would play a two-faced, self-serving game like that with someone you deeply disapproved of? I call that a dodge.
I wouldn't go on his podcast.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
I wouldn't go on his podcast.
Good. Then you have more integrity than Picciolini.