Old 08-10-2018, 10:55 AM

Tegan Nox apparently busted up her knee doing a dive at yesterday's MYC.

Poor thing. She just got off a different knee injury to participate.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:10 AM
Charter Member

ROH has sold out Madison Square Garden.

This'll be their biggest show to date, even bigger than All In, in WWE's home venue, the night before WrestleMania. Shots fired.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:58 AM

So RoH/NJPW will be on the same night as NXT Takeover, which will be at Barclays, also in NYC. Manhattan vs Brooklyn.

It's also around the time the contracts for Cody, Kenny Omega and Young Bucks will be up for renewal. Could we see a surprise appearance by one or more of them at WM like we did the Hardys? This confluence of events can lead to some serious meta.

I'm thinking WWE doesn't really give a shit about Cody, since he'll lose his indie cred and be relegated back to JTTS status again. On the other hand, Omega and YBs would be nuclear hot.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:32 PM

Spent about 45 minutes working with Tom Phillips and his wife while at work today. They were both SUPER nice especially given the store was kinda chaos and it took me a while to help find anything for them.

Regardless, it was a cool little coincidence and I ended everything with a picture.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:57 PM

Dammit, stop with the dying.

RIP Jim Neidhart

I used to imitate Neidhart with the way he'd deliver a quick heel promo, pause, then "HAHAHA!"

Killer Bees!
You're going down!
<pause>
HAHAHA!
Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 AM

No buzz about Slummer Slam?

Paul Heyman succeeded in making the Reigns/Lesnar match more intriguing. Just the same, I wouldn't mind if it were the first match, just to get it over with.

The RAM tag and the CW title matches got demoted to the kickoff show. The CWs seem to have taken the place of the Divas position in that they're the first to get shaved when the card gets too bloated.

Hardy vs Nakamura would be decent if it weren't for Hardy working while injured, and Orton not too subtly waiting in the wings to take him out of the storyline.

I like that the Bludgeon Bros do the smash-mouth doubleteams, like the way they flipped that jobber face-first into the ring apron. ND doesn't need the titles to get over, but aside from the Usos, there's no more face teams.

Otherwise, I'm psyched for DB vs Miz, AJ vs Samoa, and Ziggy vs Rollins.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:13 AM

Summerslam seems like a perfectly fine PPV to me, but most of the matches are people fighting for the first time and I know that just means we'll see them 3 more times before we can maybe get an awesome blowoff match.

I also know that the show is going to be about 6 hours long, and that prospect is exhausting to me.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:00 AM

The 5-year old in me is worried that Johnny Wrestling is turning to the dark side.

The faux news report showing the whole roster as suspects in Aleister Black's injury was a good touch, though.

Remember when Hideo Itami went through a similar angle to storyline his injury? They made KO the prime suspect, then he got called up and the angle died a quiet death. At least this way, they can use whoever's left in NXT when Black returns.

LU had the human centipede: all 6 participants of the 6-man tag match Boston Crabbed each other with The Mack at the head, who then stepped over and made the centipede do a gradual flip. It was a thing of beauty.

LU also has an inventive way of writing out talent. They have them take on Matanza, get squashed, and then disappear as a sacrifice to the gods.
Old Today, 04:45 PM

WooT! Jeff Cobb, who dwells inside Matanza, is in RoH! He ambushed a couple of "Top Prospects" and sacrificed them to the gods.