9) The first book of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
10) Flesh, Philip Jose Farmer
11) Vector Prime, by RA Salvatore
12) The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
13) Foucault's Pendulum, by Umberto Eco

pass
Old 08-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

Biblical references in Bob Dylan's lyrics.

1. Banker's nieces seek perfection/expecting all the gifts that wise men bring (Love Minus Zero/No Limit)
Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 AM

1. Banker's nieces seek perfection/expecting all the gifts that wise men bring (Love Minus Zero/No Limit)
2. Are you ready for the judgment/Are you ready for that terrible swift sword/Are you ready for Armageddon/Are you ready for the day of the Lord? (Are You Ready)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:06 AM

2. Are you ready for the judgment/Are you ready for that terrible swift sword/Are you ready for Armageddon/Are you ready for the day of the Lord? (Are You Ready)
3. Like Judas of old/ You lie and deceive/ A world war can be won/ You want me to believe (Masters Of War)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

3. Like Judas of old/ You lie and deceive/ A world war can be won/ You want me to believe (Masters Of War)
4. May you build a ladder to the stars/And climb on every rung (Forever Young)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:26 AM

5. They say in your father’s house, there’s many mansions (Sweetheart Like You)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:54 AM

6. Hmm, once I was wading in fortune and fame/Everything I dreamed of to get a start in life’s game/But suddenly it happened/Hmm, I lost every dime/ But I’m richer by far with a satisfied mind (Job/A Satisfied Mind)
Old 08-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

5. They say in your fatherís house, thereís many mansions (Sweetheart Like You)
6. Hmm, once I was wading in fortune and fame/Everything I dreamed of to get a start in lifeís game/But suddenly it happened/Hmm, I lost every dime/ But Iím richer by far with a satisfied mind (Job/A Satisfied Mind)
7. God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"/Abe said, "Man, you must be puttin' me on" (Highway 61 Revisited)
Old 08-15-2018, 02:14 PM

6. Hmm, once I was wading in fortune and fame/Everything I dreamed of to get a start in life’s game/But suddenly it happened/Hmm, I lost every dime/ But I’m richer by far with a satisfied mind (Job/A Satisfied Mind)
7. God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"/Abe said, "Man, you must be puttin' me on" (Highway 61 Revisited)
8. Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord/But you're gonna have to serve somebody (Gotta Serve Somebody)
Old 08-15-2018, 02:58 PM

8. Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord/But you're gonna have to serve somebody (Gotta Serve Somebody)
9. “All along the watchtower, princes kept the view” (Isaiah 21/“All along the Watchtower")

Last edited by gkster; 08-15-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:55 PM
SDSAB

9. “All along the watchtower, princes kept the view” (Isaiah 21/“All along the Watchtower")
10. "I've been walking forty miles of bad road / If the Bible is right, the world will explode" (Things Have Changed)

I especially love #7, which continues, "God say, 'You can do what you want to, Abe, but the next time you see me comin', you better run'...."
Old 08-16-2018, 12:17 AM
Charter Member

5. They say in your fatherís house, thereís many mansions (Sweetheart Like You)
6. Hmm, once I was wading in fortune and fame/Everything I dreamed of to get a start in lifeís game/But suddenly it happened/Hmm, I lost every dime/ But Iím richer by far with a satisfied mind (Job/A Satisfied Mind)
9. ďAll along the watchtower, princes kept the viewĒ (Isaiah 21/ďAll along the Watchtower")
10. "I've been walking forty miles of bad road / If the Bible is right, the world will explode" (Things Have Changed)
11. I see pieces of men marching; trying to take heaven by force/I can see the unknown rider, I can see the pale white horse (Angelina)
Old 08-16-2018, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

11. I see pieces of men marching; trying to take heaven by force/I can see the unknown rider, I can see the pale white horse (Angelina)
12. And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard/And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall (A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall)
Old 08-16-2018, 08:52 AM

12. And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard/And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall (A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall)
13. Oh, Angelina, oh, Angelina/ In the valley of the giants where the stars and stripes explode/ The peaches were sweet and the milk and honey flowed ….. (Angelina)

New!

Unusual things you have seen or heard lately.

1) A diamond-shaped road sign that read "POET CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC".

It turns out the POET refers to a type of ethanol plant.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

2) "How can a lesbian get pregnant?"
Old 08-16-2018, 11:03 AM

3) Martha Stewart and Snoop Dog hosting a show together
Old 08-16-2018, 02:16 PM

4) Giving tax breaks to billionaires will stimulate the economy.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:55 PM

5) Dragonflies in a cornfield
Old 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM

6) David Bote's ultimate grand slam for the Cubs

A grand slam with the home team trailing by three runs in the 9th inning (or later), two out, and two strikes on the batter
Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM

7) A sign in a Toronto park that says "Dogs that dig holes must have their owners fill them in immediately"
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM

7) A sign in a Toronto park that says "Dogs that dig holes must have their owners fill them in immediately"
8) an honest to goodness door to door salesman (was selling carpets)
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

9) A leaf caught in an air pocket, hovering in place some 20' above the ground
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM

10) A Red Hawk perched on my A/C
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

11) A black squirrel

I know that they're common in many areas, but not where I live
Old Today, 08:58 AM

11) A black squirrel
12) Avatars on the SDMB

Get yours today!
Old Today, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

11) A black squirrel
12) Avatars on the SDMB
13) A local minor league baseball team is having a "Bring Your Dog to a Game" event

I can imagine at least ten different ways this will go wrong

I'll pass

Last edited by Little Nemo; Today at 12:42 PM.
Old Today, 12:50 PM

LOL Little Nemo, I can imagine the possible chaos at that game!

New category

A-M medications, prescription or over-the-counter, brand name or generic

1. acetaminophen

Last edited by gkster; Today at 12:52 PM.
Old Today, 01:04 PM

1. acetaminophen
2. Bayer aspirin
Old Today, 01:13 PM

1. acetaminophen
2. Bayer aspirin
3. codeine
Old Today, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

1. acetaminophen
2. Bayer aspirin
3. codeine
4. Dilantin

Last edited by Little Nemo; Today at 01:14 PM.
Old Today, 03:10 PM

1. acetaminophen
2. Bayer aspirin
3. codeine
4. Dilantin
5. Excedrin
Old Today, 03:21 PM

1. acetaminophen
2. Bayer aspirin
3. codeine