Old 08-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
This. It's easy to change the station with the button on the steering wheel. I can find something I like within a few seconds.
I don't know if I'll find something I like, but I can darn sure find something else! With the amount of station changing I do, it's a wonder I don't have carpal tunnel syndrome.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
whatever radio JAQ's car has just sounds like the software running on it is garbage. There's no real thing as a "station" for SiriusXM; you're not changing the frequency the tuner is receiving when you select a channel. the signal is just one big encrypted digital stream, and selecting a "channel" is just telling the MCU which bits of the stream to pick out, decode, and play for you.
2019 Chevy Colorado. It really is clunky. Next time I'm driving I'll give it a valid test. But it does seem like if I hit the station button on the wheel twice, it.....

..changes.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Rind View Post
Well you and I are in lockstep on this. My wife has had SiriusXM in her last couple cars, so I was well aware of the quality issues. Now that my new car has the same service, I find myself counting the number of repeats and thinking about dropping my plan.
Third.

I recently bought a Sony head for my RAV4 and then upgraded the stock speakers. Nothing fancy. I basically wanted the USB port for a thumb drive with my MP3s and the BT interface for my cell phone. The Sony unit had a port for a SiriusXM receiver, so I spent the few extra $$$ for that as an add-on. I got 6 months of full SiriusXM for the cost equivalent of two months.

What a disappointment. First, the DJs and their endless prattling. I don't mind them telling me what I heard, or what I'm about to hear, but I don't need every little story and detail. Second, the poor sound quality was a huge downer. If they need to provide shitty sound so they can give me hundreds of channels, they made the wrong choice. I can put 10,000 MP3s on my USB and play them randomly and get hugely better sound quality. (Unfortunately, the Sony takes almost a minute to read the USB and catalog all the tracks, so that kind of sucks.)

TL;DR: Bad choice by SiriusXM to have both talkative DJs and poor sound quality.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag Otto View Post
I'm not a fan of SiriusXM, but the wife is so we have it. I have two main complaints. First, the audio quality of the music is really atrocious due to high compression. I thought the tweeters in my car were defective, but playing CDs or streaming FLAC or even 320 Mbps mp3 files sounded great. It's the satellite signal that sucks.The second is that I don't like the actual programming, it seems as if rather than having a library of a few million tracks (like Spotify) they have a library of thousands of tracks. To me it sounds repetitive.

But if you like it, do yourself a favor and compare the sound quality of the streaming SiriusXM app (which can be set to a good sounding bitrate) vs the sound quality of the satellite signal. If you don't mind the data use, it's worth streaming SiriusXM.
just as an aside, does the branding in your car use the Sirius dog logo or is it labeled/branded "SiriusXM?" if it has the dog logo then it has an older receiver from back before the merger; Sirius used an older codec (Lucent PAC) which has poorer sound quality and today is absolutely falling apart at the low bit-rates required for the number of channels. Anything branded "XM," "SXM," or "SiriusXM" should be using the XM receivers/chipsets which use a much more modern AAC-based codec. it's still not going to be pristine quality thanks to only having ~48 kb/s per channel (variable) but it's a lot better than the old Sirius PAC receivers.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneadToKnow View Post
When I have access to satellite radio (i.e., when I'm in a rental car that comes with it), I listen almost exclusively to one of the comedy channels, so I guess I actually prefer talking to music.
I'm the same way, although I listen primarily to two stations now - the CNN audio simulcast (on my commute), and Fight Nation (mainly for the Busted Open pro wrestling show). I also used to listen to Entertainment Weekly Radio a lot before it closed in June.

Right now, my six presets on my car radio are Fight Nation, CNN, ESPN Radio, NASCAR, the Beatles channel, and Netflix Is A Joke (the Netflix stand-up comedy channel).
Old 08-09-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
just as an aside, does the branding in your car use the Sirius dog logo or is it labeled/branded "SiriusXM?"
It's XM, the factory radio in a 2008 Honda CR-V. I'd hate to hear how bad those old Sirius units sounded

John Stossel is a fuckwaffle
Old 08-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

This should be a poll. I HATE the yammering. Broadway channel is pretty bad for yammering at times. BPM is pretty bad all the time, especially when they have the Chainsmokers DJing. Chill is better, and that's my go-to when I get so annoyed by the yammering I have to change the channel.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:57 PM

I changed my mind. This should not be a poll, because I want to vote twice.

I HATE the yammering.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:59 PM

You know what else I hate, when a new DJ comes on, and there is a long (like 2-4 minute) introduction with noise and other non-music. I'm not talking about the 15-second "It's Showtime on Broadway" jingle, I'm talking about the stuff on BPM where you are listening to it thinking what the heck is this, and you can't even last the 4 minutes to find out what DJ it is.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:21 PM

I was a big fan of XM radio before the merger, but after they became SiriusXM I left because they started really narrowing playlists and adding more talkative stations. I think it's fundamental to Sirius's business model and is really likely to continue, but I also think it's obvious that a lot of people really like it so it's not changing.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
This, exactly. I love the 60s and 70s channels precisely because the hosts bring back the days of Top 40s radio with their patter. Best of all, there are no ads. The hosts don't go on very long--their airchecks never seem to be over fifteen seconds, tops, and are often shorter; and then we're back to music.

I will agree with the others who feel that Cousin Brucie is well past his Best Before date. When he comes on, I just flip up to the 70s or 80s.
The thing with him is that it is amazing the dude is still alive. I only got him once, and switched pretty quickly since I don't care about the callers. I listened to AM radio in the early '60s, and there was a lot more yammering (and ads) than there is on 60s on 6.
They do tend to have small playlists, though.

We listened to it driving across the country both ways in a 2019 CRV and the sound quality was fine. Not real different from listening to stuff from my phone.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:35 AM
Charter Member

It depends on who's doing the talking. Some DJs, particularly on the classic rock channels, have interesting tidbits to share; others prattle on and on and on with mindless chatter. It doesn't bother me that much; there are plenty of other channels available.

Regarding sound quality, I'm generally happy with it, but there are instances where certain channels will noticeably tweak the speed or bass, often to the point that the song is unlistenable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post
I can't listen to 60s on 6 when "Cousin Brucie" is DJing, because he talks and talks, and has listeners call in.
And he leaves his banner up for the entire show, even when music is playing, so you have to keep listening to him in hopes he'll at least say the name of the artist without rambling about some vaguely related artist or event. As mentioned upthread, Cousin Brucie fans probably love this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
With Amazon Prime music or Pandora available, I can't understand why anyone would pay for Sirius.
In my case, I would have to upgrade two car stereos in order to stream from my phone (or some other Bluetooth device). I typically don't worry about equipment upgrades until something breaks...heck, I'm still using a 5th generation iPod in one vehicle.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:35 AM

Another vote for DJ's should just give title and artist and shut it up otherwise.

Yet apparently there are far, far, far more people who like "Morning Zoo Doo Crew" chatter and what not. So Sirius has a market to please.

And I can't wish these bozos into the cornfield since Mrs. FtG has a close relative that earns a living doing exactly this.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

On the weekends, they devote large portions of the Jazz and Blues channels to talking about Jazz and Blues.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

FWIW, my biggest beef against SiriusXM isn't the talking so much as the fact that they play censored edits of a lot of their songs.

Panic! at the Disco's "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" has the bit about "closing the god-damned door" edited so the "god" part is silent.

And on the reggae Channel The Joint, Something Marley's "Boom Draw" is edited. "A boom draw of herb de by me bedside" edits out the word "herb." Because listeners of THE FUCKING JOINT are such snowflakes that the word "herb" is offensive.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHomie View Post
FWIW, my biggest beef against SiriusXM isn't the talking so much as the fact that they play censored edits of a lot of their songs.
Yesterday I heard Steve Miller singing about funky kicks going down in the city. I want my funky shit, goddammit.*

I'm tired of this do-goody-good bullshit. We're adults here.

*I bought SMB Greatest hits CD off Amazon, and they had a large EXPLICIT warning, but of course the greatest hits has the AM sanitized version.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:50 PM

I agree that they should not assume a person who listens to 60s music wants to hear a recreation of a 60s radio station.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lingel View Post
I HATE the yammering.

I'm with you. I stopped listening to Sirius. Don't get me started on Skye Sports coverage of Formula One. My God! These guys must get paid by the word! Never shut-up.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
Yesterday I heard Steve Miller singing about funky kicks going down in the city. I want my funky shit, goddammit.*
Interestingly, if you hear that song on 70s on 7, you get the "funky kicks" version. On Classic Rewind, it's "funky shit."

I ascribe it to 70s on 7 being programmed to resemble a 1970s top-40 AM station, complete with things like that, while Classic Rewind is meant to sound like a classic rock FM station (and, IME, those sorts of stations do tend to play the unadulterated versions of songs like that).
Old 08-10-2019, 05:10 PM

just FYI, SXM offers the ability to block channels (or groups of channels.) one of those options is to block "xL" (eXplicit Language) channels. so that's why some will play censored/sanitized versions of songs.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:58 PM

I had Sirius for about a year and a half. Every time I cancelled they offered another trial. Never did pay for it.

I didn't mind the DJs so much (maybe it's worse now), but the stations I listened to seemed to have very shallow catalogs that begat frequent repeats. Even Deep Tracks.

Anyhoo, now I am completely sold on my paid version of Spotify. It beats Sirius in every important metric.

mmm
Old 08-10-2019, 10:20 PM

I got it free with my new car a couple years back, and just recently finally decided I spend enough time in my car to pay for it at the cheap $5/month rate.

I think in this day and age of streaming services you NEED DJs as something that will set you apart. Giving information about the bands, upcoming concerts, stuff like that. I mostly listen to the metal/hard rock stations (Octane 37, Liquid Metal 40, 90/00s Rock 41) and doesn't seem to be too much talking. Even enjoy Grant Random's off-color news even if it's a bit juvenile.

I will say that there seems to be a lot more talking on some other stations I sometimes check out (like 80s on 8), and even on my regular ones, I'm not a fan of some of the intros for some of the new songs they get the band members to record ("this is a song about X I came up with while doing Y and blah blah blah"). Maybe it'll be some interesting info about the song the first time, but by the time I reach the fifth playing of the song and hear the same canned intro it gets old quick.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:23 AM

I quite like Sirius XM. Certain channels, like Margaritaville and Beatles are good background music. I listen to a few others like Progressive Talk and MSNBC Live and NPR. The single thing that makes me stab a channel button as fast as I can, and go to any other, is the voice of the Madison Read (or Reid?) inventor's ads. She needs to hire someone to do her commercials. Her voice is grating and annoying. It's not the accent. I can handle accents. It's the combination of nasal and scratchy and hard-edged that offends my ears. She seems to be on every Sirius channel.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
With Amazon Prime music or Pandora available, I can't understand why anyone would pay for Sirius.
Did you know that SiriusXM owns Pandora?
-IQ
Old 08-11-2019, 11:06 PM

I see zero point in listening to satellite radio, UNLESS someone is talking. For 5 to 10 bucks a month there are multiple music streaming services that will be far more tailored to your musical taste, with no talking whatsoever.

Then again, if I want to listen to someone talk, I'll find a podcast.

I simply find no reason to listen to satellite radio unless you're out of range to a cellphone tower. Or have a crappy radio with no Bluetooth connection.

Or, you want to listen to "personalities" prattle on...

Last edited by Ashtura; 08-11-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:44 AM

I am a Howard Stern fan, the only reason I subscribe, but you only expect talk from him.

My wife is an XM subscriber and can't stand Madison, who is apparently popular with soccer moms, but likes Jenny Elisque. I often find the celebrity DJs talk way too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtura View Post
I see zero point in listening to satellite radio, UNLESS someone is talking. For 5 to 10 bucks a month there are multiple music streaming services that will be far more tailored to your musical taste, with no talking whatsoever.
I don't want music tailored to my musical taste. I listen to satellite radio to be exposed to music outside my usual listening. Have discovered some really amazing artists in this way. And the DJs on the channels I listen to don't "blather" much; if they did I'd move on. There are a lot of choices, unlike over-the-air radio.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
just FYI, SXM offers the ability to block channels (or groups of channels.) one of those options is to block "xL" (eXplicit Language) channels. so that's why some will play censored/sanitized versions of songs.
Except the same thing happens on over-the-air stations, even big-city stations that you'd think wouldn't care if an occasional fundie gets upset about the language.

DC-101, the DC-area rock/alternative station, plays "Sins Not Tragedies" and they bleep all those 'goddamned's, and it really fucks up the song, since that line recurs at least a half-dozen times. I really like the song, but I'd rather not hear the song at all than hear the bleeped version.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Except the same thing happens on over-the-air stations, even big-city stations that you'd think wouldn't care if an occasional fundie gets upset about the language.
they always care, especially when said "fundie" gets the FCC involved.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtura View Post

Then again, if I want to listen to someone talk, I'll find a podcast.

I simply find no reason to listen to satellite radio unless you're out of range to a cellphone tower. Or have a crappy radio with no Bluetooth connection.

Or, you want to listen to "personalities" prattle on...
or don't want our mobile data torched.

or want to put on a channel of a genre you like and stumble upon new releases or new artists you didn't know about.

or don't want to have a million accounts with various streaming services and relentlessly have to keep track of what content is available on which.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
Another vote for DJ's should just give title and artist and shut it up otherwise.

Yet apparently there are far, far, far more people who like "Morning Zoo Doo Crew" chatter and what not. So Sirius has a market to please.

And I can't wish these bozos into the cornfield since Mrs. FtG has a close relative that earns a living doing exactly this.
I can certainly understand why people like Morning Zoo stuff, but they could also have some channels that do that and others that just run through playlists.
I'll listen to some stations that don't play any music (CNBC, comedy stations etc) or some that play a bit less music (Tom Petty, for example), but as stated earlier, it's what I expect from those stations.
I think they could do well with some Morning Zoo shows, but put them on the stations that you're not expecting music from (even if they play music). I could see one of the comedy stations doing this, most of them have some type of talk show during the day at some point. Put it on in the morning and have them talk about some current events.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:01 AM

I agree with some of the others up above, if I just wanted music I could listen to Amazon Music Unlimited or Pandora or Spotify, but I like to hear the stories and learn about it, and that is what radio is good for. I have had Sirius XM since I got my new car about a year ago, and even though I live in New Orleans which has some fantastic FM stations, I don't see myself getting rid of it until I can't negotiate a good rate with them anymore.

Also: where else are you going to be able to listen to the Grand Ole Opry and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir every week, as well as highlights from multiple different music festivals throughout the year in one place?

For the record, I love the stations: Lithium, First Wave, Underground Garage, Outlaw Country, Rock the Bells Radio, Real Jazz, Broadway, and the 90s on 9. Admittedly I do listen to these primarily for the music, but each one of them also has interesting DJs that know what they are talking about.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:05 AM

I sometimes even like it when the DJs break in. Over on Octane and Liquid Metal there's Jose Mangin who just brings joy every time he's on the air. You can really tell he loves this music and he's always positive and supportive and it just makes me feel happier after hearing him. You can feel that sometimes and it makes the music better.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitii View Post
For the record, I love the stations: Lithium, First Wave, Underground Garage, Outlaw Country, Rock the Bells Radio, Real Jazz, Broadway, and the 90s on 9. Admittedly I do listen to these primarily for the music, but each one of them also has interesting DJs that know what they are talking about.
I have a feeling you'd like Tom Petty Radio (#31). A lot of Tom Petty music, but they're still playing Buried Treasure reruns, which is Tom playing his favorite music.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
they always care, especially when said "fundie" gets the FCC involved.
Good luck getting the FCC involved over 'goddamned.'
Old 08-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

I turn over vehicles fairly quickly, so the result is I usually have a free trial available to me. I don’t usually use it because the talk sucks, and my phone has much better options.

I recently went on a four week road trip, from the Great Lakes to California and back. T-Mobile coverage sucks, and AT&T’s coverage map for the vehicle hotspot was a massive lie, so it meant that to soothe the kiddo, I was pretty much forced to turn on SiriusXM every once in a while. It seems like we were in the shadow of a mountain about 20% of the time, so even that didn’t work out so well. Finally when the stars align and I can listen to Radio Disney, it’s some chipmunk chirping for five minutes at a time about uninteresting trivia rather than playing music.

It was nice to get east of Denver and count on good, unlimited T-Mobile bandwidth once again.

(My company gives my information to SiriusXM, who postal mail spams me, so there’s that negative experience, too.)
Old 08-13-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
I have a feeling you'd like Tom Petty Radio (#31). A lot of Tom Petty music, but they're still playing Buried Treasure reruns, which is Tom playing his favorite music.
Thanks! I will definitely check that out, at least the Buried Treasure show!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I really don't understand it sometimes, like on Octane or Turbo the DJs are uncensored, then they play a censored version of a song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
I sometimes even like it when the DJs break in. Over on Octane and Liquid Metal there's Jose Mangin who just brings joy every time he's on the air. You can really tell he loves this music and he's always positive and supportive and it just makes me feel happier after hearing him. You can feel that sometimes and it makes the music better.
Yep I've heard him and was pretty impressed. And on Outlaw Country, Steve Earle is really a student of music and tells a lot of interesting stories.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by control-z View Post
I really don't understand it sometimes, like on Octane or Turbo the DJs are uncensored, then they play a censored version of a song.
I have an hypothesis. I think that perhaps when SiriusXM signed the contract(s) with the music license-holder(s), it was specified that they would only be given radio edits, perhaps due to something having to do with the FCC or something. It's all I've got.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I have an hypothesis. I think that perhaps when SiriusXM signed the contract(s) with the music license-holder(s), it was specified that they would only be given radio edits, perhaps due to something having to do with the FCC or something. It's all I've got.
I fear it's changing morality. We as a country have regressed. You can't say stuff on TV you could 20 years ago. And it goes into radio as well.

Two examples. WeTV shows bowdlerized Law and Order reruns. Let that sink in. A basic cable station edits "offensive" dialog from a show that was originally broadcast on network television! (and shows them with promos for some of the most offensive shows I've ever seen, like Marriage Boot Camp and Love After Lockup and a show about "Atlanta's hottest strippers".)

But Lennie Brisco saying "butthead" gets censored.

Example 2: the other music service, Music Choice, used to play the "funky shit" version of SMB's Jet Airliner on their "classic rock" channel and the "funky kicks" on their 70s channel. Now they play the funky kicks on both channels. Regression.

Last edited by Just Asking Questions; 08-13-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I fear it's changing morality. We as a country have regressed. You can't say stuff on TV you could 20 years ago. And it goes into radio as well.

Two examples. WeTV shows bowdlerized Law and Order reruns. Let that sink in. A basic cable station edits "offensive" dialog from a show that was originally broadcast on network television! (and shows them with promos for some of the most offensive shows I've ever seen, like Marriage Boot Camp and Love After Lockup and a show about "Atlanta's hottest strippers".)

Example 2: the other music service, Music Choice, used to play the "funky shit" version of SMB's Jet Airliner on their "classic rock" channel and the "funky kicks" on their 70s channel. Now they play the funky kicks on both channels. Regression.
Thanks a lot, Mike Pence.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:

obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBD94cs0T8
Old 08-13-2019, 03:09 PM

I don't notice song censorship much, if at all, on Channel 41 Turbo which I listen to constantly.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:17 PM

I listen to SiriusXM quite a bit*, but only seem to notice yammering every now and then; mostly on the '80s and '60s channels.

Alan Hunter is a moron and Nina Blackwood's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me, so sometimes I have to switch away from the '80s channel if one of them is talking a lot. The '60s channel is much worse: I can't listen at all in the mornings because of Phlash Phelps, and -- as others have mentioned -- Cousin Brucie needs to just retire already.

*I tend to cycle between The Bridge, First Wave, Soul Town, and the '60s, '70s, and '80s in the car (I have two other bands of XM stations, but am super lazy). At work I use the SiriusXM app on my phone, and my favorites there also include Yacht Rock, '70s/'80s Pop, Real Jazz, Oldies Party, and Hits 1 Discovery (for when I'm feeling out of touch with what the kids are listening to).
Old 08-14-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I don't see that, you can generally say and show a lot more than 40 years ago.

SiriusXM is not freely broadcast to the general public, it's a subscription-based service like HBO. HBO has been cursing since the 1970s and there is no reason SiriusXM can't as well. I've heard plenty of uncut songs on SiriusXM. I'm guessing whoever provided the songs to Sirius was responsible for whatever reason. Maybe it was easier to get their hands on the radio edits in some cases.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I don't see that, you can generally say and show a lot more than 40 years ago.
yep. at least two of George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV" have been said on broadcast TV in recent years.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've heard plenty of uncut songs on SiriusXM.
Oddly, another one of the things that bothered me during my use as described above was that I noticed censoring of some of the songs. I don't recall which, but it was definitely a few, because another issue with SiriusXM was that they kept playing the same stuff over and over and over again. FWIW, I mostly stuck to Disney, 8, 9, 10, 1st Wave, and Alt Nation.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:25 PM

They need to realize it's pay radio, and there's no need for the DJs to talk over the song intros to squeeze in more songs or commercials! I hate when a DJ talks over the song on broadcast radio, and I hate it on Sirius!

The practice was one of the reasons listeners left top 40 radio stations and went to AOR stations back in the 70s!
Old 08-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by california jobcase View Post
They need to realize it's pay radio, and there's no need for the DJs to talk over the song intros to squeeze in more songs or commercials! I hate when a DJ talks over the song on broadcast radio, and I hate it on Sirius!

The practice was one of the reasons listeners left top 40 radio stations and went to AOR stations back in the 70s!
As I noted upthread, that is *not* standard across SiriusXM stations -- the stations where they do this (particularly 70s on 7) are *intentionally* re-creating the feel of an AM top-40 station of that era, at which, yes, it was often the standard for DJs to talk over the ramp/lead-in for songs. The other SiriusXM stations that I listen to which have DJs (such as Classic Rewind, First Wave, etc.) specifically *don't* do this.

Last edited by kenobi 65; 08-15-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:38 PM

It sucked then and sucks now. I don't think anyone ever said "I listen to WPOS because I love how skillfully the deejays talk over the songs!"