Old 01-13-2020, 04:31 PM

Nah, Trump is just putting up an immanence front (it's a put on).
Old 01-13-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT View Post
Who said I was ok with murdering people?
You did.

The rest of your post is just you spewing lies and bullshit. Like how you attempt to post about ME instead about what I wrote: "Your boy Soleimani" for example. Oh, and that whole last paragraph too. Oh, and your closing sentence.

What a fucking joke you are.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 01-13-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sorry if this hurts your delicate sensibilities, though I've noticed the hypocrisy that is rampant on this board where the focus on SOME 'murders' (such as when the US does something like this) gets folks tearing their hair and crying crocodile tears of grief and rage, while other 'murders' (such as, oh, those ordered by Soleimani, or by others who aren't the US or Trump or someone that politically sticks in your ass) aren't really mentioned or talked about much.
I'm an American. Immoral things done by the American government offend me in a personal way that immoral things done by the Iranian government do not.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
… I've noticed the hypocrisy that is rampant on this board where the focus on SOME 'murders' (such as when the US does something like this) gets folks tearing their hair and crying crocodile tears of grief and rage, while other 'murders' (such as, oh, those ordered by Soleimani, or by others who aren't the US or Trump or someone that politically sticks in your ass) aren't really mentioned or talked about much. …
ITFP, please point us to these “crocodile tears”. Who on this board is actually mourning the death of Soleimani? I am seeing people say that killing him was wrong, improper, or dangerously stupid. I am not seeing sadness or grief at his loss from anyone here.

Beyond that, you might want to consider that
  • General Soleimani was a terrorist
  • who killed Americans
  • sent to Iraq by the US government
  • expressly to prosecute a war/occupation
  • meaning, with full knowledge of being in harm's way (it was their actual job description)
  • a war that Bush\Cheney lied the US into
  • and then those liars declared Soleimani/the IRGC terrorists

So, without the malfeasance of the W administration, it is not entirely obvious that Soleimani would ever have been anything other than a carpenter. What is obvious is that the Bush/Cheney lies literally gave rise to ISIL, which never would have formed under Saddam Hussein's Ba'athist regime.

So tell me again who the real terrorists are/were.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:21 PM

If right move, then still wrong timing. We should have done it on Iranian soil. Iraqis are seriously and justifiably pissed. With a mere 2 hour wait, our Iraqi bases would be safe. What the heck was so urgent that we had to bite our own foot off?
Old 01-14-2020, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Who said I was ok with murdering people? I'm acknowledging reality and that states do this all the time. Your boy Soleimani did this, and so do and does the Iranian regime. And it's not like the US and Iran are the only ones. Of course, wrt a nation state, 'murder' is kind of a gray concept itself, especially in this circumstance. I'm not going to shed any tears for Soleimani, as he was kind of familiar with 'murder' himself, especially the directed kind where he orders or plans for the 'murder' of others. What IS an issue is that just because you can do something, or even that it's justified, doesn't necessarily mean you should do it as a nation state, as you need to consider the ramifications.

Sorry if this hurts your delicate sensibilities, though I've noticed the hypocrisy that is rampant on this board where the focus on SOME 'murders' (such as when the US does something like this) gets folks tearing their hair and crying crocodile tears of grief and rage, while other 'murders' (such as, oh, those ordered by Soleimani, or by others who aren't the US or Trump or someone that politically sticks in your ass) aren't really mentioned or talked about much. Like I said, for my part, I'm shedding no tears about Soleimani. It was STILL a very, very stupid thing for Trump to do, and it put us on the edge of war with Iran, and THAT is the real issue. But you want to make this about 'murder', and how that was the bad part, well, you go there man. But you are a fucking hypocrite unless you are going to do this across the board, and lash out at EVERY state sanctioned 'murder' that is ordered by a country. And every major player...such as our now deceased boy, Soleimani AND the various players in the Iranian regime who do this sort of shit every day.

I'm guessing though you will save your outrage for Trump and the US, while missing what the real issue is and was. JMHO of course.
Funny, you're defending the assassination of Soleimani, but I've never heard you defend the murder of the American contractor that was killed by the Iran-backed militia a few weeks back.

Hypocrite.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
Funny, you're defending the assassination of Soleimani, but I've never heard you defend the murder of the American contractor that was killed by the Iran-backed militia a few weeks back.

Hypocrite.
Well, that was an American. Soleimani was one of those icky Muslim types. Those are the lesser people, so killing them is no big deal. You might as well be handling livestock.

/s
Old 01-14-2020, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
I'm an American. Immoral things done by the American government offend me in a personal way that immoral things done by the Iranian government do not.
Indeed. The problem with Soleimani's killing isn't that Soleimani was a lovely person who will be sorely missed by the world; it's that we're supposed to be the good guys here and "good guys" aren't supposed to go around killing just anyone they want to for any reason they want (or indeed with little reason at all).

Admittedly the US has been doing this sort of thing for most of the last century anyway, but at least we usually did it in a way that gave us plausible deniability. Now we're just thugs.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Indeed. The problem with Soleimani's killing isn't that Soleimani was a lovely person who will be sorely missed by the world; it's that we're supposed to be the good guys here and "good guys" aren't supposed to go around killing just anyone they want to for any reason they want (or indeed with little reason at all).

Admittedly the US has been doing this sort of thing for most of the last century anyway, but at least we usually did it in a way that gave us plausible deniability. Now we're just thugs.
Maybe that should be the new US motto, printed on the currency:

We Used to have Plausible Deniability, but Now We're Just Thugs.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Who said I was ok with murdering people? I'm acknowledging reality and that states do this all the time. Your boy Soleimani did this, and so do and does the Iranian regime.
Your boy Adolf Hitler was pretty good at this kinda stuff, too. He was also pretty good at using false pretexts for war. See, Adolf, that's where the more, ahem, well-adjusted among us in a democracy step in and say "We're better than this, we as citizens should have some transparency and accountability in government, and we're not going to just shirk away because authority figures tell us to get over it."

Quote:
Sorry if this hurts your delicate sensibilities
LOL. Good night, Rambo.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isosleepy View Post
But that said: prima-facie - and disregarding the author - couldn’t this be called a win?

Hey, put a dollar on the Powerball for me too. Better odds.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
The question I'm very interested in Damuri Ajashi answering is the one about "So when are you going to go line up outside the Army recruitment office in the minimall in your hometown?" Because it seems like it's always people who think OTHER people's kids should die for their tough-guy fantasies who push for warlike responses to everything.
I already did that during the first gulf war.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
Never. The chickenhawk calls the veterans cowards.
And since when has actual military service been a necessary precedent to having a foreign policy position that included war?

This is almost as stupid as people who think that if you support increasing taxes you should give the government more of your money.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcenio View Post
You talk big and deadly for a man with absolutely no skin in "the game."
How do I have any less kin in the game than you?
Old 01-16-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
And accept the reality that their existence as a nominally sovereign nation is dependent upon the good will of the USA.
How many other nations will come to the same conclusion?[/QUOTE]

Well, we can't fight the whole world and we can't abandon countries in Europe and the Far East to global competitors like Russia and China but we can try to keep countries like iran from getting a nuclear bomb.

How far do YOU think we should be willing to go to prevent Iran from getting a bomb? Lets say that Trump shat on the Ayatollah's desk and then molested his daughter on the desk so diplomacy was out of the question. How far do you think we should be willing to go to prevent a nuclear Iran?
Old 01-16-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Your boy Adolf Hitler was pretty good at this kinda stuff, too. He was also pretty good at using false pretexts for war. See, Adolf, that's where the more, ahem, well-adjusted among us in a democracy step in and say "We're better than this, we as citizens should have some transparency and accountability in government, and we're not going to just shirk away because authority figures tell us to get over it."

LOL. Good night, Rambo.
I'm pretty sure XT would be cool with dropping a bomb on Adolf Hitler
Old 01-16-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Well, we can't fight the whole world and we can't abandon countries in Europe and the Far East to global competitors like Russia and China but we can try to keep countries like iran from getting a nuclear bomb.
We were doing that. The JCPOA was working. Conversely, everything Trump has done, up to and including the Soleimani assassination, has facilitated and accelerated Iran becoming a nuclear power.

Last edited by Gyrate; 01-16-2020 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:05 PM

Maybe we need to take a closer look at WHY certain nations have so much animosity towards us. Could it be because we have meddled and bullied and manipulated and even attacked as part of our agenda in that region? Rather than kill everyone who hates us, which would be a sizable task, perhaps we should look at improving relations.

Iran has every right to look at Trump as an enemy and a dire threat to their nation. According to our own philosophy, they should then have the right to send in a drone and vaporize his motorcade. Can you imagine what would happen if they did? We have to look at things not just from our viewpoint, but from the viewpoint of the people we are attacking.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Maybe we need to take a closer look at WHY certain nations have so much animosity towards us. Could it be because we have meddled and bullied and manipulated and even attacked as part of our agenda in that region? Rather than kill everyone who hates us, which would be a sizable task, perhaps we should look at improving relations.

Iran has every right to look at Trump as an enemy and a dire threat to their nation. According to our own philosophy, they should then have the right to send in a drone and vaporize his motorcade. Can you imagine what would happen if they did?
Pretty sure we'd invade and regime-change the country. What would you imagine would happen?