Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #42501  
Old 10-19-2019, 09:57 AM
enipla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
How many guns does Lumpy own? Did he trade one in for a year's supply of Viagra? In this quote one can almost hear the whining of a bitter impotent man hiding behind his surrogate penis.
And can I say that these types of put downs don't help. Never will.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #42502  
Old 10-19-2019, 10:06 AM
Buck Godot's Avatar
Buck Godot is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MD outside DC
Posts: 6,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
Ah. I see. Consider my buzz harshed. Does make me wonder why Moscow Mitch would choose WaPo to publish this Op Ed.
Because in spite of what Trump would have people believe the Washington Post is not lying liberal fake news, but instead is a world class news paper that is read by everyone who has a real interest in national politics, and regularly publishes opinions from those on the right side of the political spectrum*, particularly those of politicians. So this is exactly the sort of thing they regularly publish, and the best way for McDonnell to get his message across to those who need to hear it. Its not like he could publish this in a right wing rag.



*Although since most of its columnists have half a brain, very few, even the conservative ones, are pro Trump. Still in the last year or so they scraped the bottom of the barrel and found two who would be willing to defend the indefensible.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 10-19-2019 at 10:06 AM.
  #42503  
Old 10-19-2019, 11:25 AM
septimus's Avatar
septimus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Land of Smiles
Posts: 19,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
And can I say that these types of put downs don't help. Never will.
I strongly doubt I'll be asked to assist a campaign, but I'd adjust my dosages if it happened.

But I'm curious: Do you think there's any chance at all that Lumpy, Ditka, octopus, Annoying or one of the other oafs would change their disgusting political attitudes if we spoke gently and softly to them?
  #42504  
Old 10-19-2019, 11:36 AM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
...But I'm curious: Do you think there's any chance at all that Lumpy, Ditka, octopus, Annoying or one of the other oafs would change their disgusting political attitudes if we spoke gently and softly to them?
You're making a joke, right?

The ONLY reason they persist is because they get a reaction. There is no ideology, philosophy, stance, opinion, or anything else involved. They will not change their minds, because thought processes and reasoning are not involved. And anyway, who cares?

They. Get. Outraged. Reactions. Consistently. Period.

It's as simple as that. It's not rocket surgery.

Ceasing to respond will solve the problem, but most people can't resist the bait.
__________________
"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out." --Václav Havel
  #42505  
Old 10-19-2019, 11:43 AM
septimus's Avatar
septimus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Land of Smiles
Posts: 19,970
I realize that Annoying is a "troll" and Ditka is a "sealion." However, I'll guess that Lumpy and octopus are actually sincere. Closed-minded to the point of ugliness, but sincere.
  #42506  
Old 10-19-2019, 11:53 AM
jasg is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Upper left hand corner
Posts: 6,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
Ah. I see. Consider my buzz harshed. Does make me wonder why Moscow Mitch would choose WaPo to publish this Op Ed.
Well, it makes him look somewhat reasonable to WaPo readers, even though he slams Democrats pretty good.

But, he also calls out Obama three times and Schumer once - with nary a mention of Trump. Trump will only notice that and the fact that it appears in the Amazon Post
  #42507  
Old 10-19-2019, 12:00 PM
margin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
You're making a joke, right?

The ONLY reason they persist is because they get a reaction. There is no ideology, philosophy, stance, opinion, or anything else involved. They will not change their minds, because thought processes and reasoning are not involved. And anyway, who cares?

They. Get. Outraged. Reactions. Consistently. Period.

It's as simple as that. It's not rocket surgery.

Ceasing to respond will solve the problem, but most people can't resist the bait.

Yeah, that doesn't work. They just get bolder. Plus, silence is endorsement. They crow that unopposed arguments mean that they won. Meanwhile, when you cite facts, they have no valid response. That's why they scream "FAKE NEWS!" every time the facts are not on their side.

This "ignore them" shit only works for people who just want the victims of this crap to shut up about it.
__________________
"My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars."
  #42508  
Old 10-19-2019, 12:06 PM
margin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,048
Jesus Fuck, Barr is ordering an investigation into the beginning of the Mueller investigation, because the giant orange baby can't stand criticism.
__________________
"My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars."
  #42509  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:14 PM
Morgyn is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In the time stream
Posts: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
You're making a joke, right?

The ONLY reason they persist is because they get a reaction. There is no ideology, philosophy, stance, opinion, or anything else involved. They will not change their minds, because thought processes and reasoning are not involved. And anyway, who cares?

They. Get. Outraged. Reactions. Consistently. Period.

It's as simple as that. It's not rocket surgery.

Ceasing to respond will solve the problem, but most people can't resist the bait.
And every single last one of them is on my Ignore list so I don't have to worry about resisting the bait. Or them, really, since they've proven themselves to be humans with a total lack of empathy or compassion.
  #42510  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:21 PM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 32,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Yep, a total denial of responsibility for what they vote for and defend. When asked to defend their positions, they can't. They go into a circular 'logic' that they think is a good argument. Rinse and repeat.

They voted for a corrupt moron for President. They love the lies because that lottery ticket just might be the one.

They believe their lot in life has nothing to do with the choices that they have made. And in the same breath deride programs that would help them (education, health care etc.)
Don't be so negative. Sometimes it's the NEXT breath.
  #42511  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:24 PM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 32,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
How many guns does Lumpy own? Did he trade one in for a year's supply of Viagra? In this quote one can almost hear the whining of a bitter impotent man hiding behind his surrogate penis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
And can I say that these types of put downs don't help. Never will.
I'll never say it either.

Wait, what?
  #42512  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Muffin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Great White North
Posts: 20,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Yep, a total denial of responsibility for what they vote for and defend. When asked to defend their positions, they can't. They go into a circular 'logic' that they think is a good argument. Rinse and repeat.

They voted for a corrupt moron for President. They love the lies because that lottery ticket just might be the one.

They believe their lot in life has nothing to do with the choices that they have made. And in the same breath deride programs that would help them (education, health care etc.)
Morons voting for morons is to be expected from morons. The perfect trifecta to create a shithole country. I very much hope the next USA election will help slow that country's decline into a populist paradise.
__________________
Hour after hour, day after day, we paddled and sang and slept under the hot sun on the northern ocean, wanting never to return.

Last edited by Muffin; 10-19-2019 at 02:36 PM.
  #42513  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:35 PM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 32,202
It'll either slow it or show it.
  #42514  
Old 10-19-2019, 10:45 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,491
Yesterday, Republican Congressman announced he would not rule out voting to impeachment. Today, he announced he will not seek re-election.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ss/4039396002/
  #42515  
Old 10-20-2019, 02:17 AM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is offline
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 23,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Yesterday, Republican Congressman announced he would not rule out voting to impeachment. Today, he announced he will not seek re-election.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ss/4039396002/

Gee, I wonder if the decision to not run for re-election had anything to do with his constituents freaking out over his failure to announce his continued obeisance to Trump.
  #42516  
Old 10-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Railer13 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,008
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but here goes...

Video Shows Man in MAGA Hat Blasting Anti-Trump Protesters With Bear Repellent
After ten minutes of the groups exchanging taunts and chants then “everything went to crap,” police said



Quote:
A video posted to YouTube shows a man wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat approaching the anti-Trump protesters and then dousing the crowd with a steady stream of what police say was bear repellent.

While some anti-Trump protesters were screaming and others scattered in an attempt to avoid the spray, the man in the MAGA hat went towards an anti-Trump protester who was being held on the ground by Trump supporters and sprayed him.
Could be a long 13 months before the 2020 election.
  #42517  
Old 10-21-2019, 07:35 AM
Folacin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of the River
Posts: 3,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Fake news - it is well known that only Antifa is violent. Plus, undoubtedly a false-flag operation.
  #42518  
Old 10-21-2019, 07:44 AM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is offline
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Fake news - it is well known that only Antifa is violent. Plus, undoubtedly a false-flag operation.
That was clearly a pre-emptive strike self-defense.
  #42519  
Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 AM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Fake news - it is well known that only Antifa is violent. Plus, undoubtedly a false-flag operation.
Well they *did* warn us apocalyptically that Antifa milkshaking and glitter-bombing Nazi shitheads was merely the prelude to more serious assaults. In retrospect we should really have asked "on whom ?". Live and learn.
  #42520  
Old 10-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Steve McQwark is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Well they *did* warn us apocalyptically that Antifa milkshaking and glitter-bombing Nazi shitheads was merely the prelude to more serious assaults. In retrospect we should really have asked "on whom ?". Live and learn.
You wanna know how to keep Trump in the White House? They pull a milkshake, you pull a can of mace. He sends one of yours to the dry cleaner's, you send one of his to the ER. That's the deplorable way! And that's how you get Trump in the White House. Now, are you ready to do that?
  #42521  
Old 10-22-2019, 05:40 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,408
Right wing mama's boys get to go to prison and show everyone there about how superior white power mama's boys are to everyone else!

(tagline)
Prison: It Ain't Your Mama's Basement

"Two members of the far-right group the Proud Boys were each sentenced to four years in prison and five years post-release supervision on Tuesday for their involvement in a violent 2018 clash with anti-fascist protesters in New York City, the Manhattan District Attorney’s office said.
Maxwell Hare, 27, and John Kinsman, 40, had been convicted of attempted gang assault, attempted assault and riot in August. The jury in State Supreme Court had rejected the defendants’ claims that they had acted in self-defense."
...
“These defendants transformed a quiet, residential street into the site of a battle-royale, kicking and beating four individuals in a brutal act of political violence,” Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance said."


Oh, I bet your mama's are proud, boys!


https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntifa-n1070166
  #42522  
Old 10-22-2019, 08:44 PM
Sherrerd's Avatar
Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,251
At 40, surely John Kinsman has lost the right to be considered a "boy."
  #42523  
Old 10-22-2019, 09:13 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,408
I'm sure he appreciates your defense. The fuck.
  #42524  
Old 10-22-2019, 11:22 PM
D_Odds is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Queens
Posts: 12,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post

Oh, I bet your mama's are proud, boys!


https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntifa-n1070166
While I know neither's mother, I have met a few (and even one is too many) mothers who would be proud of such actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
At 40, surely John Kinsman has lost the right to be considered a "boy."
Whooooooooosh
  #42525  
Old 10-23-2019, 05:44 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,949
The whole "Proud Boys" label makes me laugh. I've seen the Aladdin stage musical with the song they're referencing in it, and the song is a maudlin aside that really drags the pace of the show down without adding much of value (apart from a small bit of character development). The film was better off without it, but petulant whining about irrelevant trivialities does seem to be the Proud Boys' shtick.
  #42526  
Old 10-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Superdude's Avatar
Superdude is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Fortress of Solidude
Posts: 10,671
Tennessee's Sevier County Commissioner, Warren Hurst, laments the fact that "We got a queer running for president, if that ain't about as ugly as you can get."
__________________
I can't help being a gorgeous fiend. It's just the card I drew.
  #42527  
Old 10-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,949
Apparently it ain't about as ugly as you can get, as Mr. Hurst himself demonstrates.
  #42528  
Old 10-23-2019, 11:42 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
Tennessee's Sevier County Commissioner, Warren Hurst, laments the fact that "We got a queer running for president, if that ain't about as ugly as you can get."
He also said that white people's rights were being took away every day!

I wonder if he considers "calling a person a queer without repercussion" a white person right?
  #42529  
Old 10-23-2019, 11:44 AM
mjmlabs's Avatar
mjmlabs is offline
A Rather Dubious Fellow Indeed
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Last Green Valley
Posts: 629
Republican congressmen stormed the hearing room where Pentagon official was testifying
Quote:
As Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper was sitting down to testify, the roughly couple dozen Republicans stormed through the three different doors, a source in the room said.

Rep. Bradley Byrne yelled in committee Chair Adam Schiff's face, but Schiff didn't engage. Other Democrats, including Val Demings, screamed back at both Byrne and Rep. Louie Gohmert, who were yelling about the process.

"It was closest thing I've seen around here to mass civil unrest as a member of Congress," according to a source in the room."

Cooper left the room while the Republicans refused to leave.

The source says the Capitol Police and sergeant at arms have been consulted as members refuse to leave the room.
::grabs some PopSecret Movie Theater Butter::
__________________
Take care of yourselves, and those around you. -- Margo Timmins
  #42530  
Old 10-23-2019, 11:51 AM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,408
What the fuck, Republicans?
  #42531  
Old 10-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Running with Scissors is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Small blue-green planet
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
Tennessee's Sevier County Commissioner, Warren Hurst, laments the fact that "We got a queer running for president, if that ain't about as ugly as you can get."
And to top it all off, these quintessential racist phrases appear in the article:

Quote:
I’m not prejudice, but by golly as a white male
Quote:
The commissioner later stood by his comments when contacted by WVLT and told them that some of his best friends are African-American.
__________________
"You can't really dust for vomit." -- Nigel Tufnel
  #42532  
Old 10-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
What the fuck, Republicans?
Seconded.
And for all the crying and gnashing of teeth about Antifa, where were they to keep the fascist mob at bay ?! That's what I want to know.
  #42533  
Old 10-23-2019, 01:12 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Right wing mama's boys get to go to prison and show everyone there about how superior white power mama's boys are to everyone else!

(tagline)
Prison: It Ain't Your Mama's Basement

"Two members of the far-right group the Proud Boys were each sentenced to four years in prison and five years post-release supervision on Tuesday for their involvement in a violent 2018 clash with anti-fascist protesters in New York City, the Manhattan District Attorney’s office said.
Maxwell Hare, 27, and John Kinsman, 40, had been convicted of attempted gang assault, attempted assault and riot in August. The jury in State Supreme Court had rejected the defendants’ claims that they had acted in self-defense."
...
“These defendants transformed a quiet, residential street into the site of a battle-royale, kicking and beating four individuals in a brutal act of political violence,” Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance said."


Oh, I bet your mama's are proud, boys!


https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntifa-n1070166
Put them in General Population, microwave some popcorn, and just watch the show.

They're so damn tough, they should have NO problem.
  #42534  
Old 10-23-2019, 01:17 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmlabs View Post
That looks like revolt, mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, interfering with an investigation, something. Lock their asses up for contempt, while you figure out more serious charges.

All that to destroy an investigation of a traitor president and his traitor cronies.

Fucking traitor bastards.
  #42535  
Old 10-23-2019, 01:18 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Seconded.
And for all the crying and gnashing of teeth about Antifa, where were they to keep the fascist mob at bay ?! That's what I want to know.
The Repubs ARE the Fascists.
  #42536  
Old 10-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
The Repubs ARE the Fascists.
that's what I said.
  #42537  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:18 PM
enipla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
That looks like revolt, mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, interfering with an investigation, something. Lock their asses up for contempt, while you figure out more serious charges.

All that to destroy an investigation of a traitor president and his traitor cronies.

Fucking traitor bastards.
The laws and facts are not on 'their' side, so their 'A' game is to break into the proceedings and cause a ruckus.

These guys are taking lessons from the lowest of the low MAGA's. Guess that's all they got.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #42538  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:20 PM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,290
Can't they just move to another room and hold the hearing?
  #42539  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:22 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,408
I occasionally hear references to a capitol police force. Apparently they don't carry handcuffs?
  #42540  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:23 PM
enipla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Can't they just move to another room and hold the hearing?
Can't they kick them out? Or at least demand decorum? That's got to be contempt for every one of them. Maybe obstruction too.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #42541  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:26 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Can't they just move to another room and hold the hearing?
It was in a secured room where no recording could occur.
  #42542  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:27 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,408
So, if anyone knows, barging in with devices capable of recording is...
kosher?
a crime?
a slight faux pas?
  #42543  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Skypist's Avatar
Skypist is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Can't they kick them out? Or at least demand decorum? That's got to be contempt for every one of them. Maybe obstruction too.
Apparently they refused to leave and also brought their phones into the area even though that is prohibited.

I’m scared they’re going to break in when the anonymous whistleblower(s) is/are testifying. And then goons like Gaetz or Nunez will tell trump their identity.

Dems need better security to protect the proceedings from these lawbreaking lawmakers (the GOP).
  #42544  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Can't they kick them out? Or at least demand decorum? That's got to be contempt for every one of them. Maybe obstruction too.
Will any of this take money from their pockets or land them in jail? That is the new Trump standard for giving a shit.
  #42545  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:31 PM
k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypist View Post
Apparently they refused to leave and also brought their phones into the area even though that is prohibited.

I’m scared they’re going to break in when the anonymous whistleblower(s) is/are testifying. And then goons like Gaetz or Nunez will tell trump their identity.
And probably so is the whistleblower, which is likely the entire point.
  #42546  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:39 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,408
Maybe it's a good thing that they spent their shot, if you will, strategy-wise while a known person was testifying. At the least, sessions that follow should be better patrolled by police in riot gear.
  #42547  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Aspenglow's Avatar
Aspenglow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypist View Post
Apparently they refused to leave and also brought their phones into the area even though that is prohibited.

I’m scared they’re going to break in when the anonymous whistleblower(s) is/are testifying. And then goons like Gaetz or Nunez will tell trump their identity.

Dems need better security to protect the proceedings from these lawbreaking lawmakers (the GOP).
The whistleblower will never testify and doesn't need to. We're so far beyond that. The whistleblower made the allegations, Trump himself confirmed them to be true by releasing his call summary, and every witness called since has corroborated what was contained in the whistleblower's report.

Here's the best analogy I've seen to help understand this: If someone calls 911 to report a fire, firefighters respond and find a fire is indeed in progress. The fact of the fire is witnessed by all of them. No one cares who called 911.

It's the facts that matter, not who provided the allegations. Are the allegations true or not? In this case, it would seem they are true.

The GOP has members on the committees present in the hearing room for all testimony. They get to ask questions and everything, same as the Democrats. If they had heard anything in the testimony that exonerated Trump, believe me, they would be leaking it like a blown water heater.
  #42548  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:49 PM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
It was in a secured room where no recording could occur.
I'm fairly certain there are one or two more SCIFs in the DC area.

I heard they had pizza delivered and someone brought Chik filet (however it's spelled)
  #42549  
Old 10-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Skypist's Avatar
Skypist is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 488
I wasn’t sure whether or not there would be whistleblower (WB) testimony. I’m sure these GOP whiners will make a big deal if no WB testifies and claim that trump ‘s right to confront his accuser is being violated. They keep trying to turn this into a court trial instead of the political process it actually is and claiming Democratic violation of rules that don’t apply. Most of the public is too ignorant to know that due process rules for a normal criminal trial don’t apply for impeachment and removal processes.

I want Dems to get way better security. Physical attack is what this is and republicans have done it in the past such as when GWB was “elected.” They cannot be allowed to do this again.
  #42550  
Old 10-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is offline
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 23,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmlabs View Post

&

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
The laws and facts are not on 'their' side, so their 'A' game is to break into the proceedings and cause a ruckus.

These guys are taking lessons from the lowest of the low MAGA's. Guess that's all they got.

No, it Looks like the Republicans--in Congress, yet--have abandoned any pretense whatsoever that they do not admire how the Nazis came to pwoer in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Put them in General Population, microwave some popcorn, and just watch the show.

They're so damn tough, they should have NO problem.

I really have a problem with this kind of comment. Do you seriously think that justice is in the hands of convicted felons? Let's say you do. What's your plan for rewarding them when they mete out your version of justice?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
The whistleblower will never testify and doesn't need to. We're so far beyond that. The whistleblower made the allegations, Trump himself confirmed them to be true by releasing his call summary, and every witness called since has corroborated what was contained in the whistleblower's report.

Here's the best analogy I've seen to help understand this: If someone calls 911 to report a fire, firefighters respond and find a fire is indeed in progress. The fact of the fire is witnessed by all of them. No one cares who called 911.

It's the facts that matter, not who provided the allegations. Are the allegations true or not? In this case, it would seem they are true.

The GOP has members on the committees present in the hearing room for all testimony. They get to ask questions and everything, same as the Democrats. If they had heard anything in the testimony that exonerated Trump, believe me, they would be leaking it like a blown water heater.

As I've posted before, Trump simply cannot keep his mouth shut. He is the best witness against himself. And the sooner he's out of office, the better for the country and the world.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017