Old 10-12-2019, 09:39 PM

Some fairly obvious trolling from Tim R. Morris. His post has nothing at all to do with the thread topic, which is about the problems the Trump administration has had. He's just delighting in being able to slip in an attack on Democrats in a thread where people had mentioned how bad Trump is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. Mortiss View Post
Well I'm loving it. Just watched the Trump rally in Louisiana on TV. I actually stood up and cheered when Trump made this very un-Presidential statement:
"The radical Democrat's policies are crazy, their politicians are corrupt, their candidates are terrible, and they know they can't win on election day, so they're pursuing an illegal, invalid, and unconstitutional bullshit impeachment."
I just gotta love that kind of no-holds-barred honesty. How many elected officials have the balls to call "bullshit" when they see it?
I'll be very honest--it's really hard for me think the guy is legit in general, because normal people don't act like he does. But, at the very least, this is some obvious trolling.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:50 PM

Literally anything you fools disagree with and don’t like is “trolling”.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:03 PM

Shut up, short eyes.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
Literally anything you fools disagree with and don’t like is “trolling”.
You are literally wrong. I think people who like pineapple on pizza to be lowlife scumbag degenerates. But I don't think they're trolling.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Some fairly obvious trolling from Tim R. Morris. His post has nothing at all to do with the thread topic, which is about the problems the Trump administration has had. He's just delighting in being able to slip in an attack on Democrats in a thread where people had mentioned how bad Trump is.

I'll be very honest--it's really hard for me think the guy is legit in general, because normal people don't act like he does. But, at the very least, this is some obvious trolling.
This is the thing about Trump that his supporters call "telling it like it is". It has nothing to do with how "it is" in reality, but they love it anyway. It would be more honest for them to say that they support Trump because he "tells it like I want it to be".
Old 10-12-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
You are literally wrong. I think people who like pineapple on pizza to be lowlife scumbag degenerates. But I don't think they're trolling.
Watch what you say about my wife and her abominable taste in pizza toppings.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:27 AM

Relevant Pearls Before Swine.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:10 AM

A poster finally gains some insight into the nature of his brief window posting on this message board:

Quote:
...It it’s a sad and disturbing little social experiment going on that I have no doubt will be looked at in the future as a dark time in history.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
A poster finally gains some insight into the nature of his brief window posting on this message board:
I was being completely honest. Giving pre-pubescent children medication to block puberty and forever changing their physiology is appalling and severely disturbing.

I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
Ah, appeals to popularity for the slam dunk? I feel very confident that my opinion of you as a sad, hateful little troll, if polled board-wide, would be in the mainstream. Fortunately for you and transgender people, appeals to popularity aren't very useful.

But one important difference - you have no evidence that your opinion has any basis in fact. I have extensive evidence that my opinion does.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
A moment's reflection on social progress throughout human history will tell you that this is evidence that you are almost certainly on the wrong side of this. We didn't need activism to (for example) abolish slavery or enfranchise women because the majority mainstream view was the right one.

Last edited by Riemann; 10-15-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
{...} Giving pre-pubescent children medication to block puberty and forever changing their physiology is appalling and severely disturbing.

Good for you!

Problem is, we don't decide what is and what isn't proper medical care by the national polling of folks like you.

CMC fnord!
Old 10-16-2019, 11:27 PM

Let's see, 1st post, wall o text, about very personal stuff....yep, I'm thinking troll.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=883758
Old 10-17-2019, 06:00 AM

When did we become "Dear Abby"? Never ask random strangers on the internet for relationship advice.

But yeah - lots of red flags there, based on previous board experience.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:08 PM
Charter Member

Is Tempe Jeff a troll or not? At this point, I'm not sure I can tell anymore. Two or so years of mostly innocuous posts, then suddenly raging Trumpist.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:41 PM
A Rather Dubious Fellow Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
Is Tempe Jeff a troll or not? At this point, I'm not sure I can tell anymore. Two or so years of mostly innocuous posts, then suddenly raging Trumpist.
After about the fifth post of his in that thread, I could no longer maintain any beneficial doubt: cast my vote for "Troll." Could just be "Trump voter who drank too much watching football this afternoon," but I'm not willing to believe that anymore.

Last edited by mjmlabs; 10-20-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
He's got another one going at the same time over here in a different forum. As for the troll question, I don't know -- sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between an intentional troll and a feeble-minded imbecile. He's already been topic-banned from starting Jeffrey Epstein threads, one of which was started in GQ for the purpose of implicating Bill Clinton as a child molester. Then he complained about his Epstein threads being moved. So yeah, judging from the tone and quality of his posts, I'm guessing he's either an immature dumb kid or a grown-up imbecile of very limited intellectual stature, whose cognitive development got stunted at about the age of seven. I note that he makes his living sorting packages in a company mailroom, so, not a rocket scientist. In fact I think I just convinced myself that he fits the profile of an authentic Trumpist.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:12 AM

Not to defend Tempe Jeff, because fuck him, but I make my living shipping packages in a company warehouse. Why can't I be a rocket surgeon?
Old 10-21-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
Ah, appeals to popularity for the slam dunk? I feel very confident that my opinion of you as a sad, hateful little troll, if polled board-wide, would be in the mainstream. Fortunately for you and transgender people, appeals to popularity aren't very useful.

But one important difference - you have no evidence that your opinion has any basis in fact. I have extensive evidence that my opinion does.
Only a sick demented fuck would alter a child, and that is precisely the "social progress" that makes people gag when discussed openly.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
he makes his living sorting packages in a company mailroom[/URL], so, not a rocket scientist. In fact I think I just convinced myself that he fits the profile of an authentic Trumpist.
This comes off as quite elitist, although I don't think you intended it in this manner. There are more reasons to go off track or never begin a career than lack of intelligence. In this case it was certainly a factor though.

I would change "troll" to "low effort troll". He posted nothing but an OP in his G7 post. If he's going entirely for reactions then people are definitely providing them in spades.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Only a sick demented fuck would alter a child, and that is precisely the "social progress" that makes people gag when discussed openly.
Yeah, I hear you, those sick fucks at Operation Smile make me gag.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Yeah, I hear you, those sick fucks at Operation Smile make me gag.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
If by "people" you mean "people who revel in their fundamental ignorance of the scientific research and history of the issue", then sure.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Are any of your posts not arguments? You seem like a very negative individual.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Why the rolleyes? It's YOUR opinion
Old 10-21-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Oh, jeez. Are we going to have this argument about circumcision again?
Old 10-21-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Are you suggesting that Annoyed should change? You are a demented child-alterer.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
They aren't arguments, they're just contradiction.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
They aren't arguments, they're just contradiction.
[John Cleese]
No it isn't!
[JC]

Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I might actually feel sorry for WillFarnaby if he wasn't so aggressively crazy. It must be hard having to bear the burden of his delusional beliefs in his own lonely world with no one to support him -- at least no one here that I know of.
Suspended again; announcement pending...
Old 10-21-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
I don't know how to feel about that. I mean, WillF is a Grade-A loon who adds nothing of value to any thread with his delusional ramblings. On the other hand, you have to admire the irony of getting suspended for railing about "Brutal infringement of anti-state speech".

Lord knows I won't miss him though, although I hope he gets help some day. That boy ain't right.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apanthro View Post
This comes off as quite elitist, although I don't think you intended it in this manner. There are more reasons to go off track or never begin a career than lack of intelligence. In this case it was certainly a factor though.
You're right, on both counts. Jeff Tempe is such a useless dumb fuck, just so obviously and ineffably stupid, that I got carried away. That part of my post was completely irrelevant. My apologies to anyone I offended.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post

So far no announcement of the suspension in ATMB. And the mod post in question has this tidbit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
I'm suspending you pending mod loop discussion.

What's the likelihood that's a banning, not suspension, announcement?
Old 10-22-2019, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
What's the likelihood that's a banning, not suspension, announcement?
Pretty fucking likely.

Time to be on the lookout for new joins with distinctly aggressive anarchistic views, especially if they have usernames like WilliamF or PalaIsland.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, troll or not it doesn't seem like he can keep himself away.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Time to be on the lookout for new joins with distinctly aggressive anarchistic views
Hey, now, don't saddle us with that RW idiot. He was no anarchist.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

But... now my ignore list is useless!
Old 10-22-2019, 07:36 AM

I don't know about that. I've recently experimented with my ignore list, and the specimen I chose has resulted in positive results!
Old 10-22-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Pretty fucking likely.

Time to be on the lookout for new joins with distinctly aggressive anarchistic views, especially if they have usernames like WilliamF or PalaIsland.
It would be interesting to have an actual libertarian post here, instead of a fellow who worships a tax-hiking, eminent-domain-lover.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
Are you suggesting that Annoyed should change? You are a demented child-alterer.
He should change only if he's receptive to change, and doesn't mind the color shift in his aura. He is endangering his karma with his constant negativity, and reduces his potential to reach Nirvana. I only wish he can find peace. Maybe hugging a few trees would help.

Are there trees on your property Annoyed? You might find embracing fellow children of Mother Earth therapeutic.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Maybe it's me, but Max S returning to the impeachment thread within minutes of Taylor's statement being released, only to respond to multiple two-week old posts with his trademark Wall o' Text replies, is... odd. Especially when he is reviving the same argument that was wrong last time, and subsequent events have proven the folly of even deeper.

Or maybe it's just me.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
Yeah, troll or not it doesn't seem like he can keep himself away.
Somebody's butthurt.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:43 PM

Cue Men At Work's "Who Can It Be Now"...
Old 10-26-2019, 06:22 AM

I hate to jump to conclusions, but I kind of suspect that new user vaanikapoor55555 might be just a spammer.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
I hate to jump to conclusions, but I kind of suspect that new user vaanikapoor55555 might be just a spammer.
Heh.
Couldn't he have infested ATMB? That part's nothing but right-wing snowflakes whining about moderation - an ad spammer is a lot more interesting than their entitled asses.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:37 AM

Now that you mention it, I wonder why it was GQ exclusive? ATMB is the top forum in the list.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:40 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

GQ has 237K threads, ATMB only 15K.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:02 AM

And he is still going. 102 threads when I made my post here, 138 threads as of right now.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:55 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post

Nah. That's not spam; it's a mantra.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:29 AM

Do that voodoo that you do so well.