Old 02-19-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Is this big? Or is it just another: Eh, you know, Trump and all his guys are criminals. Whattaya you gonna do?"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1Q824N

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top White House aides ignored repeated warnings they could be breaking the law as they worked with former U.S. officials and a close friend of ... Donald Trump to advance a multi-billion-dollar plan to build nuclear reactors in the Middle East, Democratic lawmakers alleged in a report released Tuesday.
Administration support for the project, however, appears to have continued to the present, with Trump meeting consortium representatives in the Oval Office last week, the committee report said. "
Personally, I think it's big. If it happens, it changes the entire calculus in the Middle East -- and not in any way to our benefit. Plus, it's illegal. Not illegal that the Saudis want to build nuclear reactors for power generation -- but the implementation that allows the Saudis to make their own power generation uranium and therefore puts them a small step away from enriching uranium for use in bombs. That's what is illegal.

Can you think of anything that will get Iran to quickly and fully abandon the nuclear agreement spearheaded by Kerry in 2015 that we've now pulled out of and is hanging by a thread thanks to the EU, than a nuclearized Saudi Arabia? I can't. So, you know, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and India all with nuclear capability in the Middle East... that should go well.

I think people are exhausted and numb to the number of violations this "administration" commits on a daily basis, so serious stuff like this slips through with hardly a notice. You're wise to pay attention to it.

Rhetorical question: Is there anything that isn't for sale to the detriment of our national interests by this criminal gang? I can see why Putin adores Trump.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Have some compassion. The Saudis NEED nuclear reactors! They don’t have any coal, so what else could they make electricity out of?
Old 02-19-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Is this big? Or is it just another: Eh, you know, Trump and all his guys are criminals. Whattaya you gonna do?"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1Q824N

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top White House aides ignored repeated warnings they could be breaking the law as they worked with former U.S. officials and a close friend of ... Donald Trump to advance a multi-billion-dollar plan to build nuclear reactors in the Middle East, Democratic lawmakers alleged in a report released Tuesday.
Administration support for the project, however, appears to have continued to the present, with Trump meeting consortium representatives in the Oval Office last week, the committee report said. "
It's just more criminality and betrayal. And the MAGAts and Deplorables don't give a fuck, as long as they can "stick it to da libruls".
Old 02-19-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Have some compassion. The Saudis NEED nuclear reactors! They don’t have any coal, so what else could they make electricity out of?
The royal assholes can burn each other for all the fucks I give.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Right. Solar power would never work there, because it's always so cloudy and rainy. And wind farms? Nah.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
It's just more criminality and betrayal. And the MAGAts and Deplorables don't give a fuck, as long as they can "stick it to da libruls".
Also to be followed with, "But Hillary sold Uranium to the Russians!"

I swear, there must be a to do list tacked up in the white house of all of the things they falsely accused the Democrats of doing that they are checking off one-by-one. Next we are going to discover that "two Big Macs, two Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, and a small chocolate shake" is actually code word for child prostitutes.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 02-19-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:59 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Good to hear Kiera Knightl[e]y has been staying busy.
I'm certainly trying to keep her that way.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I'm certainly trying to keep her that way.
Mmm...Stop with those thoughts.

What piss me of today were the reports that Trump wanted to interfere with who's the prosecutor in the NY investigations of his cronies.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
*Golf clap*

Though I wouldn't say that to a MAGAbot if I were you ... waaaaay too subtle
Old 02-20-2019, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Good to hear Kiera Knightly has been staying busy.
Busy filing restraining orders, you mean?
Old 02-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Mmm...Stop with those thoughts.

What piss me of today were the reports that Trump wanted to interfere with who's the prosecutor in the NY investigations of his cronies.
Of course CFSG condemns the report — by the Failed New York Times™ — as "fake news."

What I find more troubling than the fact that he may have tried to put Berman in charge of the Cohen investigation (I'd actually be more surprised if he didn't attempt to install a crony there) is that if Berman hadn't suffered an attack of ethics and recused himself, CFSG may well have gotten his wish.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
Personally, I think it's big. If it happens, it changes the entire calculus in the Middle East -- and not in any way to our benefit. Plus, it's illegal. Not illegal that the Saudis want to build nuclear reactors for power generation -- but the implementation that allows the Saudis to make their own power generation uranium and therefore puts them a small step away from enriching uranium for use in bombs. That's what is illegal.

Can you think of anything that will get Iran to quickly and fully abandon the nuclear agreement spearheaded by Kerry in 2015 that we've now pulled out of and is hanging by a thread thanks to the EU, than a nuclearized Saudi Arabia? I can't. So, you know, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and India all with nuclear capability in the Middle East... that should go well.

I think people are exhausted and numb to the number of violations this "administration" commits on a daily basis, so serious stuff like this slips through with hardly a notice. You're wise to pay attention to it.

Rhetorical question: Is there anything that isn't for sale to the detriment of our national interests by this criminal gang? I can see why Putin adores Trump.
I can't wait for Sarah Sanders to spin this one - The President didn't need to do this. He just wanted Armageddon to go much faster.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQwark View Post
I can't wait for Sarah Sanders to spin this one - The President didn't need to do this. He just wanted Armageddon to go much faster.
For many of the MAGA-capped Numpties, that's a good thing.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQwark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
For many of the MAGA-capped Numpties, that's a good thing.
The sooner the end of the world comes, the sooner The Rapture will follow, and You-Know-Who will be back. (Especially if we can persuade all the Jews to move to Israel. We're workin' on it.)
Old 02-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
The sooner the end of the world comes, the sooner The Rapture will follow, and You-Know-Who will be back. (Especially if we can persuade all the Jews to move to Israel. We're workin' on it.)
Why do they want Voldemort back?

The America-hating fuckstick makes him look like the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, anyway.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

Thereby making Trump the antichrist. I've seen the movie.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:32 AM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoDaFe View Post
Of course CFSG condemns the report — by the Failed New York Times™ — as "fake news."....
What does "CFSG" stand for?
Old 02-20-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
What does "CFSG" stand for?
Cheeto-Faced Shit-Gibbon. A Scottish epithet for Trump.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
In the transcript of my life for tomorrow, after "Got out of bed," I'm going to insert, "Won the Powerball, the Nobel Prize and a long, lingering kiss from Keira Knightley." It'll be just as real, and just as accurate.
Well, the Cheeto-in-Chief is making a try for one of those:

Quote:
Japan's PM nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize on U.S. request

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize last autumn after receiving a request from the U.S. government to do so, the Asahi newspaper reported on Sunday....
Old 02-20-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
So who's the bigger idiot? Trump for asking? Or Abe for doing? I'd say Abe, mostly because we know Trump's a blithering idiot. I had assumed Abe was at least of average intelligence. Guess I was wrong.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSoft View Post
So who's the bigger idiot? Trump for asking? Or Abe for doing? I'd say Abe, mostly because we know Trump's a blithering idiot. I had assumed Abe was at least of average intelligence. Guess I was wrong.
Yeah, why would Abe do that? Is thump holding Abe's family hostage at a thump property in Japan? But seriously, why?
Old 02-20-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah, why would Abe do that? Is thump holding Abe's family hostage at a thump property in Japan? But seriously, why?
Reciprocity. Now the US owes Japan a favour.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSoft View Post
Maybe Abe is trolling Trump and us.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:49 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Cheeto-Faced Shit-Gibbon. A Scottish epithet for Trump.
Ah, thanks. Google and Wiki failed me.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Maybe Abe is trolling Trump and us.
I'm betting he thinks, "If I do this, he'll stop asking me to. The committee will not award it to him no matter who nominates him. The man has no honor."
Old 02-20-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
It gives me a great deal of comfort and delight knowing that Obama has something that Trump wants badly, and he can't have one of his own, and can't take Obama's away. I'm sure it pisses him off tremendously.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:52 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
It gives me a great deal of comfort and delight knowing that Obama has something that Trump wants badly, and he can't have one of his own, and can't take Obama's away. I'm sure it pisses him off tremendously.
Maybe a previous winner will gift it to Trump, he'll have one even if he didn't get it the regular way.
Quote:
"And I said, 'Man, that’s like big stuff. I always wanted to get the Purple Heart," Trump said. "This was much easier.”
Old 02-20-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Maybe a previous winner will gift it to Trump, he'll have one even if he didn't get it the regular way.
FFS, Trump even lied about that Purple Heart:
Quote:
“I said to him, 'Is that like the real one, or is that a copy?” the Republican nominee said moments after taking the stage at a local high school.

Trump recounted the exchange, remarking that the man, who he identified as retired Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman said, "That's my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you."

"And I said, 'Man, that’s like big stuff. I always wanted to get the Purple Heart," Trump said. "This was much easier.”
Quote:
Following Trump's statement, NBC reporter Katy Tur tweeted that she had spoken with Dorfman and that he said the medal he gave to Trump was a copy of the one awarded to him.
Yeah; that's what I thought.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I thought all of the Jews had to convert to Christianity and there be a major battle at Megiddo before the Rapture.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Following Trump's statement, NBC reporter Katy Tur tweeted that she had spoken with Dorfman and that he said the medal he gave to Trump was a copy of the one awarded to him.
Somebody ought to give him a fake Purple Heart with "for bone spurs" engraved on it.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
I thought all of the Jews had to convert to Christianity and there be a major battle at Megiddo before the Rapture.
K. I'm easy.

Quote:
Somebody ought to give him a fake Purple Heart with "for bone spurs" engraved on it.
Reminds me of the episode of M*A*S*H* when Frank Burns got himself a Purple Heart because he got a "shell fragment" in his eye. It was a fragment of hard-boiled egg shell. In the end Hawkeye wound up taking the medal away from Frank and giving it to a newborn Korean baby who had been wounded in the womb of his mom before birth. That show could really get to ya.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Just the way Trump's idol acquired a Super Bowl ring, perhaps.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...per-bowl-ring/
Old 02-21-2019, 05:55 AM

I don't know where to post this 2-week old story but Trump needs to practice his teleprompter reading.

He lauds "the abolition of civil rights" as one of "our greatest strides"!
Old 02-21-2019, 06:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Reminds me of the episode of M*A*S*H* when Frank Burns got himself a Purple Heart because he got a "shell fragment" in his eye. It was a fragment of hard-boiled egg shell.
I have more respect for Ferret Face than I do for Carrot Face.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turek View Post
I have more respect for Ferret Face than I do for Carrot Face.

Frank Burns eats worms!

He takes a dump, it's Donald Trump.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:45 PM
SDSAB

Leave it to Twitler to have his administration actually try to do something smart and compassionate, and he's ignorant of it: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...plan/23675257/

Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 02-21-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:17 PM
SDSAB

A nice short essay on why most Brits don't like Trump: https://takeadeeperbreathblog.wordpr...mpression=true
Old 02-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
A nice short essay on why most Brits don't like Trump: https://takeadeeperbreathblog.wordpr...mpression=true
So very well said.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
That is fantastic.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:48 PM

Great closing line eh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate White
If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 02-22-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

I liked, "In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump."
Old 02-23-2019, 08:28 AM

Oil

Quote:
Maybe they could burn oil. Do you believe they can't find any?
Old 02-23-2019, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical slightly to the left View Post
Maybe they could burn oil. Do you believe they can't find any?
My guess is that you got whooshed there.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxgoddess View Post
That is fantastic.
I like the comment on Trump's complete lack of humor and wit, because I've noticed the same thing myself. It's amazing that someone can have been in the public eye so long and so vociferously and NEVER have said a single word that was the least bit witty.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:59 AM

Witty or wise...
Old 02-23-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I like the comment on Trump's complete lack of humor and wit, because I've noticed the same thing myself. It's amazing that someone can have been in the public eye so long and so vociferously and NEVER have said a single word that was the least bit witty.
One minute clip of a much younger Trump on the Conan show. He desperately tries to be funny, but is just an idiot.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

I think you're missing it. See, the joke is that he's a prick who made a mess for someone else to clean up, and that he's unjustifiably pleased with his own performance. Because in the real world...
Old 02-23-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
To play devil's advocate, the Sauds know the oil won't last forever so why not make electricity by other means now? Not to mention why use up what they could easily sell to others?
Old 02-23-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Brilliant. All of it quotable. Concise, with just enough words for a definitive description of him: no more, no less.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickBat View Post

Quote:
Brilliant. All of it quotable. Concise, with just enough words for a definitive description of him: no more, no less.
It's a perfect description. I just hope that it's understood that many, perhaps most, Americans feel the same way about him. We're mortified by how we must appear to the rest of the world.