Old 05-20-2019, 04:09 AM
Charter Member

Since I'm Awake I'll Start The MMP

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 68 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark but the moon is bright) with a predicted high of 91 and partly cloudy (which I assume can mean also mostly N.O.S.) for the day. This bein' Moanday I shall defilthyfy da cave. Rah. Also, tonight is men's night over to the church house, so steaks are marinatin' and beer is chillin'. I shall head over around fourish this afternoon to do prep stuff as is my wont.

OK, so I didn't start off with a topic to hijack, cause I don't have one. Just woke up early and am wide awake. Plus we need a MMP so here it is. Do what you will.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day!

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 05-20-2019, 04:14 AM

can we have our weather back? it decided it was going February and flood again ...normally tis 80-100 out

i know everyones freezing tonight because heats off for the year and everyone was getting the swamp coolers fixed ....... on the weekly mens night thing ....yall ever try chicken?
Old 05-20-2019, 04:22 AM

I have a cold, Lizipaína (well, Lysopaïne, it speaks French) and paracetamol. When somebody comes to try and do le baiser with me, I raise the tube of my-throat-hurts medication at them. COUGH COUGH.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Nava - Hope your cold doesn't last too long. I think I may finally be over mine, tho I did have to take a slug of Nyquil last night to quiet the coughing.

My day will start with mowage on the last part of the front that I hate the most - the corner hill. At the moment, I'm charging the weed-whacker - maybe I can use it instead of the mower. We shall see.

Then daughter and I will be assembling 3 sets of shelves for the shop and moving all the small stuff from the paint shed to the new shelves so FCD can install the compressor in the shed. SIL will do morning Roxy duty, since he has the best luck getting her down to nap.

It's gonna be another hot one here. Methinks FCD will be ordering the A/C install in the shop before the day is out.

Happy Moanday!!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:11 AM

Afternoon all, it's sunny again here, meaning I wanna go out and do something, but I also want to stay in and revise. I'm definitely discovering that years of typing have had a pretty big negative impact on my ability to write essays. I want to go back, add and rephrase things, change the paragraph structure, and the stupid pen doesn't have a backspace button.

I think I shall compromise and do a bit more revision then go out for some fresh air, as healthful exercise is also important. It's warm enough to maybe go play round the beach a bit, if not to go swimming, by my standards, anyway. I think most of you would class this as chilly...

By next MMP, the skool year shall all be over, and I get summer holidays for months and months. Well, aside from part time work, which I will have to look for more of, but I'm not really thinking about that yet.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:16 AM

Happy Moonday!

It's a cloudy 66 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 85.

Slept well, so I feel pretty good this morning.

I have nothing I need to do this week that involves leaving the house, except for the park, so I hope to focus on irk this week to make up for last week's crappy paycheck.
Except I think I will go to Lowes and get some plants for where the gas men dug up the yard. I can take Ripple with me, but I think he will not accept a trip to Lowes as a substitute for a trip to the park.

Going to make a pork roast for dinner. The store had a sale on pork roasts, buy 1 get two free.

I haven't seen Antlers for a few days, I'm hoping she/he didn't sneak into the neighbor's basement while the doors were open Saturday and didn't get locked down there. Or maybe the gas men scared him/her away. I put out a can of food and kept Adam in, so we should be able to tell something.

It's quiet outside for a change, the gas company is almost done on our block, and are working on the next block over.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:26 AM

I went out and checked, Antlers ate the entire can of food, and ran off when he/she saw me.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 AM

Blurf. Up. Posted in the wrong MMP. Starting out the week on the wrong foot.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:47 AM

Sari, glad Antlers is still with us.

Nut, enjoy the time away from studies and (hopefully) whatever work you end up doing.

FCM, enjoy the mowing...

Nava, hope you feel better soon.

71F here with a high of 86F and N.O.S. skies. No rain in the weekly forecast and temperatures are supposed to be in the 90's, so I'm going to have to deploy the sprinklers earlier this year then planned. The LIST of stuff to do is in front of me and beginning to exercise it's will in making me do stuff...but not quite yet.

Good Moanday, all y'all.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:59 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
OK, so I didn't start off with a topic to hijack, cause I don't have one. Just woke up early and am wide awake. Plus we need a MMP so here it is. Do what you will.
Riots in the streets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iqLhdInGrk

Right now its gloomy and steamy but we're supposed to get some sun after lunch. We'll see.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. I shall go to the laundromat.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:33 AM

We had the Monday Team Meeting. When it was time for my weekly report, Boss said "woah, are you sick? You sound like a movie bad guy!"

Apparently Darth Vader just had a cold.

Last edited by Nava; 05-20-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:04 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Mowage/whackage is done. Two shelf units assembled, in place, and loaded with bins. FCD bought 3 units, but we took the shelves from the 3rd and added them to the other 2. Now we're left with a set of legs to hold nothing. How sad...

Anyway, it's break time, then it'll be back to emptying the shed. rah.

Did I mention it's hot and humid and icky here?
Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Saturday we went to a wedding of one of Mrs. L.A.'s former coworkers. Mrs. L.A. didn't know anyone there, except for the bride. And then 'M' showed up.

'M' was the manager where Mrs. L.A. used to work. Last Autumn, she berated Mrs. L.A. -- even though 'M' was completely in the wrong. Mrs. L.A. has PTSD, is a very sensitive person, and was extremely hurt. We went on our planned vacation. (Well, it was a staycation.) Mrs. L.A. decided to quit her job and start her own business. During that time, 'M' was fired. She had lectured a woman in the office about the woman's Spanish accent, saying people couldn't understand her. Actually, she was the only one having trouble. The woman contacted Corporate to ask if 'M' could get some training. Corporate sacked 'M'. Even though 'M' was gone, Mrs. L.A.'s mind was made up. She said that 'M' had destroyed her life.

So 'M' comes to the wedding, and is all friendly. Obviously, she's over whatever mental breakdown led to her berating Mrs. L.A. and other nurses, and berating the Hispanic woman. She doesn't know how badly she'd hurt Mrs. L.A. Last night there were tears. I tried to explain that hatred only gives power to the hated, and it's a waste of energy to spend any time thinking about people who are irrelevant. No good.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

We left the wedding early and went out for Mexican food. We'd had breakfast around 09:30 or so, and it was late in the afternoon when we had dinner. I had two 20-ounce margaritas. Of course I took a nap on the couch when we got home. The thing is... I don't remember packing up the leftovers. Mrs. L.A. said I'd packed the rest of my taco salad and the leftover hot wings I'd had as an appetiser, and she said I then tried to help her with her leftovers. I have absolutely no memory of any of that.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:09 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Lunch break. We're almost done moving stuff around... for now... FCD has wired 3 machines - he has 4 more plus the welder to go. And the compressor, plus one last section of air line. Looking around the shop, it's amazing to think it was all crammed in our basement!

I'll post pics in FB once it's organized.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:12 AM

Dreary in no. Illinois today. Cloudy and windy with a high of 60. I doubt it will get there. Another day of irk, but I'm off next week. Go me! Already set up the appointment for the ceiling fan replacement.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:02 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
The thing is... I don't remember packing up the leftovers. Mrs. L.A. said I'd packed the rest of my taco salad and the leftover hot wings I'd had as an appetiser, and she said I then tried to help her with her leftovers. I have absolutely no memory of any of that.
Have I ever mentioned to you that there are big chunks of both the Ford and Carter administrations that are a complete mystery to me?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:13 PM

From last weeks MMP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred
I got the groceries, but had to stop at three Kroger stores to find the glucose test strips that I use. They're Kroger brand and considerably less expensive, so they have to come from a Kroger store.
I gave up and just order mine from Amazon. 200 strips for $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee
My mother ordered butterflied shrimp for me, rather disappointing though because even though it was not asked for, they came drenched in hot sauce. I don't mind a little heat, but this was outrageous heat, even after I blotted the shrimp. As well as shrimp has a mild flavor, so why would anybody want to drown out the flavor with hot sauce? If you are going to eat that much hot sauce you may as well put it on a cheap cut of meat because all you can taste is the hot sauce anyway.
Preach it sistah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vorlon
Same as Beckdawrek, it will yell at me when things exceed or go below set levels, thus precluding things like the dialysis center calling me with their hair on fire because I'm over 500. (I can't feel highs, but I cross 80 and I have very loud alarm bells.) [pod on me Bluetooths to my phone giving me real-time readings without my arm looking like I had a close encounter with a rabid porcupine] {came across a article that resourceful Type-1's are combining these real-time meters with older hacked insulin pumps to have a reasonable artificial pancreas. The FDA must be giving birth to a Spiney Sea Urchin breach over that!}
I've been watching these developing technologies with great interest. Someday I suspect people will be able to just get a tattoo on their skin that will read blood glucose and transmit results to a receiver. as soon as somebody figures out how to make a pile of money off the technique.
Unfortunately, I'll be dead by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith
Blurfage. I have walked the dog and loaded the dishwasher.
Quick! check the dishwasher! Is it barking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek
Have I ever mentioned to you that there are big chunks of both the Ford and Carter administrations that are a complete mystery to me?
If you just remember that governments exist to protect the ruling class, and in Merika the ruling class is the people with all the money, things will become much clearer.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:39 PM

Holy Moly. I finally ventured out to the store. Even though it is only 86F the heat index is 100F and it is miserable out there. No wonder hubby irks all the time.

I got a small amount of stuff we needed. Tis enough for a few days. I think I will give the dog a bath and laundry is still in the works.

Life of sloth. Used to this I could get.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:47 PM

So. Much. Blurfage. I suppose I will be planting my dahlias in the damp. It's not raining with any enthusiasm, but it is most assuredly damp out there. My daughter encouraged my dahlia obsession when I was purchasing tubers in late winter, I now have more than 20 dahlias to plant. That is just the dahlias. I also finally got the pink delphiniums I have coveted for years.

I must find coffee . . .
Old 05-20-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
The thing is... I don't remember packing up the leftovers. Mrs. L.A. said I'd packed the rest of my taco salad and the leftover hot wings I'd had as an appetiser, and she said I then tried to help her with her leftovers. I have absolutely no memory of any of that.
I hope you weren't driving. Could be dementia I suppose. That'd be alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
To be fair, they are to everyone.

Here in NoCal the weather has decided that it's Winter again. I guess Game of Thrones wasn't using it anymore. We've got storm warnings up in the Sierra, and received buckets of rain this weekend. At least one more storm is coming through starting later today. I'm praying for death. The barometer swings are making me miserable.

2 more weeks of school and then my weekdays get easier.

Tonight shall be poke roast, and home-made applesauce for 'Beamer's birthday. We're also trying a new cake recipe, but I'm sure he'll be fine with it. It has 4 types of chocolate. I'm leaving out the white chocolate layer though, because that it NOT chocolate.

Happy Moanday all!
Old 05-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
I shall go to the laundromat.
Ummm, spin class usually involves indoor bikes, not climbing in a washer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
It's okay; Reagan didn't remember much of his administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I'm leaving out the white chocolate layer though,

I wored out the pup yestidy with a couple of walks; she passed out on the sofa last night. However, 'car'ma got me back with a 5 hr drive home. The first three hrs was about 15mph average. I can bike faster than that.

Let me get all caught up with what is necessary - ::lobs something dangerous towards flytrap:: There; that's done.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I hope you weren't driving. Could be dementia I suppose. That'd be alright.
Agus fágaimíd siúd mar atá sé.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:18 PM

Gesundheit.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Da cave is spiffed and sanitized. Go Me! Now for chillage until time to head over to the church house. Speakin' of which, Shades everyone brings his own steak or whatever to grill along with whatever he wishes to consume if it's alcohol. Tea, coffee, and lemonade are on hand thanks to whoever does prep which is most of the time me since I am a retired drain on society now. OYKW and I almost always have steak. However, on occasion, I go rogue and may do fish, chikin, or poke chops. One guy even brought tree rat squirrel once! No one has ever brought possum however.

{{{Nava}}} feel better soonest.

FlyBoy sorry your wife got so stressed from seein' "M". Glad "M" got what she deserved. Tequila will do that for ya sometimes. Remember... one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!

Rumor has it that Nixon and Ford were both president when I was in kolledge. Couldn't swear to that however. I have vague memories of the Carter and first Reagan administration.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:56 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

After lunch, I took Roxy to Food Lion and procured many items. We also stopped at the Amish market for tomatoes and strawberries. Since being back, I've laundered my sheets, read Hop on Pop a few dozen times, then got Roxy to take a nap. I'm having a few quiet moments before I have to create something for supper.

SIL had to run to Leonardtown for something and he brought me back a chocolate Frosty. I'll probably let him continue to live here.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:06 PM

It turned out to be a very nice day.
Kind of windy though, my son told me the clothesline blew over.

I had the windows open but the neighbors are blasting out rap music so I had to close them. It was either that or turn up the metal.

They were supposed to be moving, then they were supposed to be breaking up.
I don't care except when they blast music, then they can't move soon enough.
I don't know what their landlord is going to do when they move out, from what I hear the downstairs is a real mess with water leaks and the ceiling caving in. I guess that is why the downstairs is empty.

Ripple had a good time at the park. There was an airedale puppy that likes to play as rough as he does. They wore each other out, until three other dogs (I don't know the breed, some kind of bulldog) showed up and the playing started all over again. It is a bit hot though, so they all kind tired pretty quickly.

Okay alapaha blue blood bulldogs https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/alapaha...odbulldogs.htm
Old 05-20-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post
Dreary in no. Illinois today. Cloudy and windy with a high of 60.
same here it might get up to 70 or so tho

took a shower since apparently, my idea of slovenly doesn't match anyone else ....

and in a bit i have to clean up after a couple of on their last leg cats ........the worst one is so far gone she can't make it to the box...... my cats still trying to put up a fight tho ....

other than that same ole same ole ..
Old 05-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Charter Member

Emptied out the RV fresh water tank, which I keep full all the time in case of some natural disaster. Refilled it and added a half cup of bleach to sanitize it and kill any critters. I'll let that sit overnight and then empty/refill it again tomorrow. Getting too old to crawl around on the ground, though. To reach the drain valve, I have to lie down as close to the chassis as I can get and then st-r-e-t-c-h my arm till my fingertips can reach it. Luckily, I have some styrofoam sheets that were packing for a storage cabinet I bought last week, so I used those to lie on.

My reward was another yummy meatloaf sandwich. Sadly, said meatloaf is down to the last slice (sound of taps playing, softly).
Old 05-20-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
After lunch, I took Roxy to Food Lion and procured many items. We also stopped at the Amish market for tomatoes and strawberries. Since being back, I've laundered my sheets, read Hop on Pop a few dozen times, then got Roxy to take a nap. I'm having a few quiet moments before I have to create something for supper.

SIL had to run to Leonardtown for something and he brought me back a chocolate Frosty. I'll probably let him continue to live here.
lol SIL' s a big spender eh? wendy's having a national " 50 cents frosty " special from now til Sept or so although its nice to be thought of ...
Old 05-20-2019, 06:02 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I don't care how much he spent - I'm just impressed that he thought top bring it to me.

We had Amish 'maters with supper and Amish strawberries for dessert. Mega-YUM!!!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:32 PM

metal mouse, re: last evening's pepsi comment, you would just have to make the switch to diet pepsi, coffee or tea if you had to watch your glucose.

I hope you feel better soon nava.

nut, so you are writing your paper by hand? However will you read it?

bumba, that's just a bit more than I pay for the Kroger strips ($22 for 100). I may check into that as an option though.

I'm glad that karma bit M in the ass Johnny.

What should have merely heck week has already begun as hell week II. The old bat has called out for the week just in time for her big location count that takes a couple of weeks to do. The other colleague won't be back from her cruise until tomorrow afternoon, so's I'm by myself still. Retirement is beginning to look really good about now.

Nelson and I had some excitement this afternoon. We were out for his afternoon walk and the apartment manager's teenaged daughter was walking their dogs. The big one got off leash and charged us. I immediately picked Nelson up, but he jumped down when the other dog was jumping on me (she's about a fifty pound dog). The big dog got Nelson on the ground before I could get them separated. I wouldn't have been afraid of her on my own and she was in a play stance, but damn! She just can't rush others. The man next door walks with a walker and she would have knocked him over. I'm just glad Nelson wasn't hurt.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We're home from men's night over to the church house and full of steak, sallit, baked N.O.T., and bizkits. A good crowd was on hand as well.

Red Glad Nelson and you are OK. Sounds like the dog meant no harm but perhaps said teenaged girl shouldn't be walkin' her if she can't handle him on the leash.

Last edited by swampbear; 05-20-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:03 PM

Dang glad y’all are ok,Red.

Still not done with laundry. Et. Down.

Louie did get his bath.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
I had the windows open but the neighbors are blasting out rap music so I had to close them. It was either that or turn up the metal.
Hey, you got your chocolate in my peanut butter. You got peanut butter on my chocolate.

Stoopit allergies; Immabout ready to take a gun to my nose.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:56 PM

Evening all. About 60% of THE LIST is completed, including all outside jobs, albeit I keep adding new things to it. Nappage turned into Sleepage as I spend 2+ hours in bed, which means getting to sleep tonight will be a chore. Temperature was in the high 80's F, so as long as the AC works, I'm going to maximize stay-home time.

Red, glad you and Nelson are ok--sounds like the dog was trying to be friendly, but hasn't been well socialized like Melson is--and they need a better leash!

Spidey, you don't want to take a gun to your nose; because how would you smell? (Everybody:
SPOILER:
TERRIBLE! HE NEVER TAKES A BATH!

Flyboy, hope wifey is not to traumatized, but sounds like M was a 1st class 'female dog' to a lot of folks. And heck, Ford and Carter didn't remember much of their terms either....

Cookie, and meatloaf sammich sounds pretty good (had grilled cheese with tomato and pickle tonight). Maybe you can encourage someone to make another?

FCM, glad you got some work done and also got a unexpected treat--those are the best, IMHO.

And assorted hugs, tears, laughter and merriment to all y'all. Internettin' will now continue (need to check Schlock Mercenary update and watch Amtrak Train #4 arrive in Missouri).
Old 05-20-2019, 08:11 PM

Aerosmith is not metal.

Tool was my music of choice today, Sober would have been most appropriate.

I don't know what all the arguing was about tonight, but I'm sure alcohol was a contributing factor.

My son had to talk with his adviser today, it was painful to listen to, he is so shy. I wanted to grab the phone out of his hand and just get it over with. After the call was over he was so upset he felt like he was going to throw up. He wants to take all online classes and it is coming to a point where he is going to have to go on campus. He also needs to do an internship and he doesn't want to do that.
He should graduate next spring, and I think he has to take a few summer classes. He only needs 24 credits to graduate, but he needs 27 credits in 300 level or above. He tried to sign up for two summer classes and he doesn't have the prerequisite for one of them, and the other I think he needs permission from the professor to take the class. I should have put the phone on speaker because he is not good at taking notes or remembering what was said.
It would be a lot easier to go sit in the adviser's office and look at everything together, however, his adviser is in Frostburg. You'd think they'd have somebody down here.

Glad you and Nelson are okay Red.

Has anybody heard from Juliet?
Old 05-20-2019, 08:19 PM

About 3 weeks ago, one coworker quit over something really stupid. She hasn’t been replaced yet. Last week my boss went on vacation. He’ll be back tomorrow. Yesterday another coworker had emergency gallbladder surgery. So today it was me and one other person against the world on our busiest day of the week. I was so tired and sore when I got home. I took a nap and scaled the wall to get back down the stairs to find some Aleve. My mom was nice and fixed dinner. Now I’m contemplating going back to bed.

Oh, forgot to mention in the midst of the chaos having to leave and getting fitted with a 24 hour heart monitor for the pesky heart palpitations that I’ve been having lately.

Yep, I think it’s time for bed.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Ummm, spin class usually involves indoor bikes, not climbing in a washer.
Or copious amounts of whiskey.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:10 AM

Metal Mouse - why are you watching that Amtrak train?
Old 05-21-2019, 02:00 AM

cause trains are cool? could i get a link to that site rat?

due to my kitty's possibly day/night on earth ...most of my day has been sadness and pee .......
Old 05-21-2019, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
nut, so you are writing your paper by hand? However will you read it?
I'm genuinely a bit worried that they won't be able to read it- my handwriting looked like someone dipped a spider in ink, got it drunk, then let it run round a page when I was a kid, and it's got even worse through lack of practice.

When I was a kiddie I was really into secret codes- my Dad pointed out that I should just write sooper seecrit stuff in my usual writing, it was probably harder to translate than most of the codes. I may have to include a decoder ring with the answers.

Tis lovely and sunny again today; plan is to check on the bees and maybe have a go at shopping for Dad's birthday, as well as a bit more swotting, of course.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:46 AM

heh nuts my teachers after the 6th grade wouldn't let me write anything they're one reason I'm told I can't legally write anything but my name ...... tried ot take a typing class but due to CP i can't hold my fingers in what used to be the assumed positions ... same reason i cant use speech-based tech it doesn't understand me

So everything was done orally multiple choice or copied sheets where I had to write as little as possible ....
Old 05-21-2019, 04:13 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 68 Amurrkin out and dark (TWPTB say clear) with a predicted high of 93 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. The forecast shows the high temp goin' up one degree per day over the next five days. Weird. Today is laundry day. Woo and hoo. I foresee some quality cee-mint pond time as well. Sup shall be shrimp 'n chikin fajitas (OLÈ!) and fixin's. YUM!

I am left handed and have the handwritin' of a serial killer. When I write in cursive I expect a SWAT team to show up. However, I can print fairly neatly.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 05-21-2019, 04:23 AM

as sunny said earlier it's like winter came back to CA... it's just gonna make it more miserable when it does get hot......
Old 05-21-2019, 05:18 AM

Nightshadea, I’m sorry about your Kitteh. Sometimes the right thing to do is also the hardest.

Anyone heard from Midget?
Old 05-21-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post

Anyone heard from Midget?
She posted on fb last night.

Off to a hopefully less exciting day of work.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:32 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Back at my desk, not as achy as I'd anticipated, but very ticked off that I forgot to put my banana into my lunch bag. Dammit.

Not as much crap awaiting me as I feared, but enough that my day should be full, so that's good. Onward!!

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 05-21-2019, 06:36 AM

Interesting…

So, I've got a can of soda. That's not particularly interesting. It's labeled in French and Flemish, so I figured it would be made in Belgium (it was): the combination of languages plus location isn't terribly interesting, either. But on the Flemish side it's got a sign that says "for sale in France only" (well, actually it says that but in French and Flemish). That, I do find interesting. I'm wondering whether the same brand makes almost-identical cans for the Belgian market or what (the brand itself does exist in Belgium).

When I left for lunch, the big sky fan was on so it was pretty cool, cool enough that guys wearing thick jackets were perfectly happy to scrunch up in them. When I left my house after lunch, the big sky fan was still on. Someone switched it off when I was halfway back. Help, I'm roasting!

Last edited by Nava; 05-21-2019 at 06:38 AM.