Old 05-20-2019, 02:59 PM

DFW dopers, would anyone be willing to let me cry on their shoulders?

And I mean that literally.

I've been through a grief workshop and grief counseling. They helped, but looking back on them what really helped was having a place where I could talk about Bob and cry with permission.

And I'd much rather do that with people I feel like are relatively intelligent and can get my sense of humor. IOW, dopers.

So, would anyone like to get together this Saturday? I'd rather it be in the HEB/Grapevine/Colleyville area, Irving or Arlington.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:19 PM

I wish I was close. I know exactly what you mean. I'm still actively grieving my Daddy. My family and friends are done with me doing this. They think It's been too long, that I should get over it. I will never get 'over' it. Don't let anyone tell you how to grieve. Do it at your own pace. Writing in a journal helps me get the words off my heart. I still feel the pain and I still cry, but I don't feel the need to talk so much. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post

I wish I was close. I know exactly what you mean. I'm still actively grieving my Daddy. My family and friends are done with me doing this. They think It's been too long, that I should get over it. I will never get 'over' it. Don't let anyone tell you how to grieve. Do it at your own pace. Writing in a journal helps me get the words off my heart. I still feel the pain and I still cry, but I don't feel the need to talk so much. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.
Same for the anger one might feel. I still rage inside at my son, while at the same time grieving his loss. Both anger and grief are tapering off, but still present and easily brought to the surface.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Same for the anger one might feel. I still rage inside at my son, while at the same time grieving his loss. Both anger and grief are tapering off, but still present and easily brought to the surface.
Oh, my god. That must be so hard. I remember you posting about your sons death. Kids are supposed to outlive their parents. It must a particularly painful grief. I continue to be sorry for your loss.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 05-20-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:16 PM

I could maybe do something Saturday.

Do you know Alley Cats, in Hurst? Would that be an okay place to meet?
Old 05-22-2019, 11:11 AM

I have not been to Alley Cats, but I know where it is. I would be fine going there. Have you been? They have food, right?
Old 05-22-2019, 03:29 PM

Yes, they have food & bar. On Sundays, they have freeroll poker games, as well. I can get us a bowling lane if you'd like to play a round or two while we chat.

I go there all the time with my family.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:11 PM

So is there a particular time that is good for you, Sarabellum? I'm wide open
Old 05-24-2019, 03:01 PM

Okay, sounds like we are decided on 6PM. We're going to meet for dinner first, at Hurst Alley Cats. They have a little bistro cafe called 820 towards the back.

Anyone else care to join us? The more the merrier!

Menu

They have bowling, mini golf, rock climbing, go karts, rides, batting cages, laser tag, arcade games, and rides (a small rollercoaster, himalaya, tea cups, etc.) So plenty to do, activity-wise.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:29 PM

If anyone is coming, I'll be wearing this shirt: https://shirt.woot.com/offers/here-b...nt_ctlg_dgn_18