Old 08-16-2018, 06:17 PM

If they were inflated with farts, would they float?
Old 08-16-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.bn1hbPTOkeA

I can not attest personally to the quality of any of these. But I want one.
Oh good. Someone is making them. I looked about 10 days ago and couldn't find one. I will investigate and buy them for all my friends.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:53 PM

If there's anyone left who doubts that thump is a narcissist, I submit:
Quote:
“I want to begin today by expressing my condolences to the family of a person I knew well,” Trump said Thursday during a Cabinet meeting. “She worked for me on numerous occasions. She was terrific—Aretha Franklin—on her passing. She brought joy to millions of lives and her extraordinary legacy will thrive and inspire many generations to come.”
Source
My bold.

She WORKED for me?? I knew her (like hell!) and she fucking WORKED for me?? THAT'S what he has to say about Aretha Franklin? THAT'S her claim to fame? That's the noteworthy thing about her accomplishments and her life? Maybe he expects it to say on her tombstone, "I proudly worked for <you know> on numerous occasions."

Jesus.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Oh good. Someone is making them. I looked about 10 days ago and couldn't find one. I will investigate and buy them for all my friends.
If you would be so kind- report back on the quality of your purchase, I want some, too!
Old 08-16-2018, 07:32 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Remember to bring your festive balloons to the parade!

(Though I still don't see why he needs another parade when he already had one....)
Not so fast...

Pentagon postpones Trump's parade
Old 08-16-2018, 07:43 PM

Pentagon gives the Screeching Orange Shitstain the middle finger in other words.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybaby Boobie View Post
So Omarosa has tapes of Lara Trump basically offering her a bribe. And Trump was yelling at anyone and everyone to have Omarosa arrested (on what charge you might ask? no one knows).

Somehow Omarosa is going to bring this whole kit and kaboodle down.

Who the hell is Lara Trump?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post

I've been wondering this too, but can't be arsed to click on any of these stories. I'm reading the headlines, and the pic accompanying the story usually has a blonde woman sitting next to Eric Trump, so I assume she's the person married to that shit-for-brains.

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; 08-16-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
I've been wondering this too, but can't be arsed to click on any of these stories. I'm reading the headlines, and the pic accompanying the story usually has a blonde woman sitting next to Eric Trump, so I assume she's the person married to that shit-for-brains.
That'd be her.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

What's even more pathetic than Trump's petty and authoritarian act is the response to it from the Party of Treason, i.e., the Republicans in Congress: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/polit...nce/index.html Many supported it and the only one who spoke out against it with any force was Bob Corker.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post

Lara Trump, Swamp Raider.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
What's even more pathetic than Trump's petty and authoritarian act is the response to it from the Party of Treason, i.e., the Republicans in Congress: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/polit...nce/index.html Many supported it and the only one who spoke out against it with any force was Bob Corker.
They are all talking just about Brennan, who is an easy target since he has been very out front and vocal. But what about the other people who are on the "enemies" list? How do they justify that? What has Sally Yates or Susan Rice said in public that would rise to that level?
Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
They'd just get towed at owner expense.

(Not that the idea I had of planting stinkbombs would turn out much better for perpetrators, but at least it would have an effect on the parade itself.)
Which would suck for the poor damned grunts who've been roped into putting on a show for the asshole who wants them to patriotically refuse their measly pay raises.
Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM
Elephant Whisperer

In the wake of Aretha Franklin's death, I am waiting for President Chump to announce a day of mourning ... NOT.

The wife was watching the news today and told me when he did mention it, his focus was that she had worked for him. She wasn't sure what that was about. The best I can figure is he had hired her for a gig at his place at one time or other.
Old Yesterday, 01:39 AM
Charter Member

Here in Aus, Trump's tweets mentioned that she 'had a gift from God'.

My reading between the lines of course, it meant that Aretha didn't EARN her talent..it was 'given' to her.

Shitty whichever way you want to read it really.
Old Yesterday, 01:46 AM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kambuckta View Post

My reading between the lines of course, it meant that Aretha didn't EARN her talent..it was 'given' to her.

He is absolutely not clever enough to have meant that.
Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora maire View Post
They are all talking just about Brennan, who is an easy target since he has been very out front and vocal. But what about the other people who are on the "enemies" list? How do they justify that? What has Sally Yates or Susan Rice said in public that would rise to that level?
It's obvious: they're women. How could they not be on Douche L'Orange's hit list?
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
It's obvious: they're women. How could they not be on Douche L'Orange's hit list?
If you're not on the grab list, you're on the hit list.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Even with the case of Brennan, just imagine how apoplectic these Republicans would have been if Obama had taken away the security clearance of someone who was being very outspoken and critical of him. (And, that is not even an appropriate analogy because I don't think being very critical of Trump is even "partisan". The man is objectively unfit in knowledge and temperament to be President.)

Last edited by jshore; Yesterday at 06:53 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
Even with the case of Brennan, just imagine how apoplectic these Republicans would have been if Obama had taken away the security clearance of someone who was being very outspoken and critical of him. (And, that is not even an appropriate analogy because I don't think being very critical of Trump is even "partisan". The man is objectively unfit in knowledge and temperament to be President.)
It's okay when Republicans do it.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Meh. It's just boilerplate praise for anyone with extraordinary ability, and doesn't require deep parsing.

(And if her talent was earned rather than given, then one would think a lot more people would be putting in the hours that it takes to become a once-in-a-lifetime 18-Grammy-winning artist.)
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
"I saved the American people 90 billion dollars by canceling the military parade and the fake news media doesn't talk about it!"
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
She might materially contribute to bringing him down if she has either one of two types of tape:

***Proof that Trump did know in advance (in 2016) about the upcoming Wikileaks release of Democratic emails, or

***Audio of Trump expressing contempt for the non-rich people who people his rallies. Something on the lines of 'those losers, trailer-park trash, they have no idea what I really think of them!'

The first would be useful in making Mueller's case, and the second would be useful in getting the GOP Congress's butts in gear to rein in Trump (assuming the Base reacted vocally enough to being ridiculed by their hero).
The former, possibly but the latter has no chance; his hard Base would simply go through the mental gymnastics quite familiar to them by now to convince themselves that it is Fake News!!!1!! After all, Dear Leader would never do anything to harm or denigrate the common man he loves so much.
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

Omarosa, you know that lying, not smart, wacky "dog" (yuck I feel dirty now) was, after being fired at the WH, offered a job at the Trump campaign. Because Trump only hires only the best people. It should be funny to watch the right wing talking heads twist this one.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4392243/...h-campaign-job

Last edited by BeepKillBeep; Yesterday at 09:27 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Quote:

I took it simply as a plug for his evangelical bases, knowing that as long as he mentions god now and then and nominates anti-abortion judges they will ignore the fact that he is the walking embodiment of everything Jesus stood against.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Lara Trump, Swamp Raider.
If the White House wanted to offer Omarosa a bribe, shouldn’t the bribe have been offered by someone who works at the White House...?

How did Lara Trump earn the position of Official U.S. Government Briber?
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
If the White House wanted to offer Omarosa a bribe, shouldn’t the bribe have been offered by someone who works at the White House...?

How did Lara Trump earn the position of Official U.S. Government Briber?
I think she might be Official Trump Campaign Briber, or at least one of 'em.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Nah...Trump's an idiot, but the fact he's not been in jail for the last 30 years indicates that he has enough low cunning to keep that shit at arm's length.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Because it's about the Russia thing. Just more obstruction of justice in plain sight: all of these people are potential witnesses against him.
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

The others are for intimidation. Of witnesses. As in obstruction of justice.
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Trump as canceled the parade, and is blaming the DC government.

"The local politicians who run Washington, D.C. (poorly) know a windfall when they see it. When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up! I will instead...

....attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...23480725118976
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...26536871116801
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM

Evidently Trump doesn't know the difference between napalm and Agent Orange:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...h-vietnam-vets

Quote:
Source present at the time tell The Daily Beast that multiple people—including Vietnam War veterans—chimed in to inform the president that the Apocalypse Now set piece he was talking about showcased the U.S. military using napalm, not Agent Orange.

Trump refused to accept that he was mistaken and proceeded to say things like, “no, I think it’s that stuff from that movie.”
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post

He knows it's napalm because Agent Orange is what they use in the tanning booth.
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Trump as canceled the parade, and is blaming the DC government.

"The local politicians who run Washington, D.C. (poorly) know a windfall when they see it. When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up! I will instead...

....attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!"
Bolding mine. I'd love it if someone asked him "which war?" he thought was being celebrated. I'd lay odds he has no idea, and would probably guess WWII.

Last edited by jsc1953; Yesterday at 12:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post

"Are my methods unsound?"

"I don't see any method at all, Mr. President."

"My methods are sound. I have... look, nobody's methods are as sound as mine are. Believe me."

"Please, please just chop my head off too."
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Bolding mine. I'd love it if someone asked him "which war?" he thought was being celebrated. I'd lay odds he has no idea, and would probably guess WWII.
And if you want to be nitpicky, the war actually didn't end until June 28th 1919, when the Germans signed the Treaty of Versailles. The time between November 11th and June 28th was an armistice.
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoDaFe View Post
And if you want to be nitpicky, the war actually didn't end until June 28th 1919, when the Germans signed the Treaty of Versailles. The time between November 11th and June 28th was an armistice.
Too much history! Too complicated!

<Thump's head explodes>
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Too much history! Too complicated!

<Thump's head explodes>
Ooooh! Do you think that would work?
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Ooooh! Do you think that would work?
If only.
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Pass the popcorn:

Quote:
It’s not just audiotapes.

Omarosa Manigault Newman has a stash of video, emails, text messages and other documentation supporting the claims in her tell-all book about her time in the Trump White House, a person with direct knowledge of the records told The Associated Press Friday....
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM

Elliott Broidy being investigated for accepting bribes:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...offering-trump
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoDaFe View Post
If you want to be extraordinarily nitpicky, the war didn't end until 1921. The United States Senate didn't ratify the general peace treaties so we just continued under the armistice agreement while we negotiated separate peace treaties with Austria, Germany, and Hungary. These were signed in August 1921 and went into effect a few months later; the final one was the treaty ending the war between Hungary and the United States, which went into effect on December 17, 1921.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Omarosa Manigault Newman has a stash of video, emails, text messages and other documentation supporting the claims in her tell-all book about her time in the Trump White House, a person with direct knowledge of the records told The Associated Press Friday....
It comes down to a question of credibility. Who do you think the American people are going to believe? A vindictive has-been reality show star who has a history of mental instability, a well-established pattern of lying, and a clear motive of cashing in on a high-placed government position? Or Omarosa Manigault Newman?
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
It comes down to a question of credibility. Who do you think the American people are going to believe? A vindictive has-been reality show star who has a history of mental instability, a well-established pattern of lying, and a clear motive of cashing in on a high-placed government position? Or Omarosa Manigault Newman?
Unfortunately a disturbing proportion of Americans believe this vindictive has-been reality show star over verifiable FACTS, so believing him over Omarosa is nothing. After all, she's a black woman, that's like double minority Not to mention she's just as cutthroat and untrustworthy as anyone else who was in that White House.

I personally lean more towards believing her than not believing her, same as I felt with Michael Wolfe. Don't particularly like either of them though.
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM

trump is Agent Orange.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Does Rick Wilson post here?
Quote:
"You could dip Steve Bannon in a hogshead of bleach, sandblast every inch of him, laser off the thick dermis of scrofula, warts, wens, tumescent bullae, and hobo dander, then send him to a spa for a week and he'd still look and smell like he slept below an overpass."

https://t.co/Pbgha49fEM
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You could dip Steve Bannon in a hogshead of bleach, sandblast every inch of him, laser off the thick dermis of scrofula, warts, wens, tumescent bullae, and hobo dander, then send him to a spa for a week and he'd still look and smell like he slept below an overpass.
That said, the futility of the process would not distract from its entertainment value (of everything up to the "spa" part).

Last edited by Steve MB; Yesterday at 10:29 PM.
Old Today, 01:18 PM
Charter Member

The Washington Post is reporting that the Trump administration is discussing timing the revocation of security clearances so as to distract from other things on bad news days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.17b1ffa815e5
Quote:
The White House has drafted documents revoking the security clearances of current and former officials whom President Trump has demanded be punished for criticizing him or playing a role in the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to senior administration officials.

Trump wants to sign “most if not all” of them, said one senior White House official, who indicated that communications aides, including press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Bill Shine, the newly named deputy chief of staff, have discussed the optimum times to release them as a distraction during unfavorable news cycles.