Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #851  
Old 09-16-2019, 03:06 AM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,931
I'll have to keep that in mind as I'm farming heirlooms. So far, I haven't found a "perfect" plagued shield - the best I have so far has crit chance, crit damage, void chance, plaguebringer, and trainer efficiency. I'm guessing that once I have two good ones, that the point where you stop overkilling every zone would be the point to switch from void chance to health.

Meanwhile, after my last few runs I was finally able to max out Capable, and in the subsequent run I've hit level 10, evolved, and leveled Fluffy back up to E1L8. I'm not quite feeling the difference to my attack bonus yet, but I'm sure it'll become noticeable soon.
  #852  
Old 11-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,931
In today's update, the daily challenge multiplier now affects dark essence, nature tokens, and nullifium recycling, which should definitely speed a lot of things up.
  #853  
Old 11-21-2019, 01:12 AM
Rhodes's Avatar
Rhodes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 885
Also a new repeatable Radon challenge up to zone 70, so we don’t have to run 10-minute Melts any more.
  #854  
Old 01-11-2020, 11:04 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,658
Can I get everybody's opinion on how many gigastations to build at a time? I originally waited until I had at least 100 Warpstations before building them, and always bought the max amount. However, the Reddit forums recommend something entirely different.
Quote:
Your strategy should aim for one main goal - that you end your run with no GS and that you use your last GS 1-2 zones before the end. If you do that then you've maximized fully your potential of GSs.

To achieve that you need 2 things - a starting point and a delta. The starting point is the number of WSs you need to build before beying your first GS. The delta determines how much this amount increases for each consecutive GS.

Those 2 numbers can change a lot as your He increases. For example early in the game you can start with at 10 with a +1 delta. Then you slowly raise your starting point until you find that you can do much more. Lets say you've reached 25 and +1 delta and you think 25 is already too late to begin. Then you switch to 15 and +2. And you keep adapting those numbers according to how your last run went.
So this one recommends buying 1 GS at 10 WSs, then 2 at 20 WSs, correct? Do you want to restart your WSs at 1 each time you buy GSs?
  #855  
Old 02-04-2020, 03:08 AM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,931
Ah, I'd forgotten how easy Poison Spires are. Just got my first Spire V clear without even having to do much extra aside from unlocking Z620 gear and saving all my nurseries until the end.

Now that I've got the Classy perk, I'm assuming I should pump as much helium into it as I can so I can get Fluffy those last few evolutions he needs to unlock Radon.

Last edited by Smapti; 02-04-2020 at 03:09 AM.
  #856  
Old 02-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Rhodes's Avatar
Rhodes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Can I get everybody's opinion on how many gigastations to build at a time? I originally waited until I had at least 100 Warpstations before building them, and always bought the max amount. However, the Reddit forums recommend something entirely different.
Quote:
Your strategy should aim for one main goal - that you end your run with no GS and that you use your last GS 1-2 zones before the end. If you do that then you've maximized fully your potential of GSs.

To achieve that you need 2 things - a starting point and a delta. The starting point is the number of WSs you need to build before beying your first GS. The delta determines how much this amount increases for each consecutive GS.

Those 2 numbers can change a lot as your He increases. For example early in the game you can start with at 10 with a +1 delta. Then you slowly raise your starting point until you find that you can do much more. Lets say you've reached 25 and +1 delta and you think 25 is already too late to begin. Then you switch to 15 and +2. And you keep adapting those numbers according to how your last run went.
So this one recommends buying 1 GS at 10 WSs, then 2 at 20 WSs, correct? Do you want to restart your WSs at 1 each time you buy GSs?
I think "10 with a +1 delta" means you buy 10 WS, then a GS. Then 11 WS, then a GS. Then 12 WS... . But you can adjust at any time if it seems too hard or too easy to buy the next WS.

When I was at that stage of the game, I wasted way too much time trying to maximize my population (and thus coordination) on each run. It's probably best not to spend a ridiculous amount of time for a single WS, unless maybe you're almost out of GS and 1 extra WS will earn you a coordination.
  #857  
Old 02-20-2020, 01:51 AM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,931
Today's patch (in addition to some U2 stuff I can't get at yet) turns some of the lower-level achievements into BW awards and replaces them with some new ones. Most notable are Herbalist, which gives you an attack boost based on how much Food you have on hand and should effectively triple or quadruple your damage in the late U1 zones, and Map Battery, which doubles the attack bonus for running maps.

I've managed my first <4 hours Spire V run with the new buffs, and did it with just the Zone 605 gear. Yay me.

Last edited by Smapti; 02-20-2020 at 01:53 AM.
  #858  
Old 02-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
I think "10 with a +1 delta" means you buy 10 WS, then a GS. Then 11 WS, then a GS. Then 12 WS... . But you can adjust at any time if it seems too hard or too easy to buy the next WS.

When I was at that stage of the game, I wasted way too much time trying to maximize my population (and thus coordination) on each run. It's probably best not to spend a ridiculous amount of time for a single WS, unless maybe you're almost out of GS and 1 extra WS will earn you a coordination.
I've been trying 3+3 until level 100, then 10+5. I still run out of GSs at 180-190 and everything slows to a crawl, even after I finish the Daily.
  #859  
Old 02-21-2020, 02:49 PM
omenran is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I've been trying 3+3 until level 100, then 10+5. I still run out of GSs at 180-190 and everything slows to a crawl, even after I finish the Daily.
I think you need to up those numbers up. One piece of advice I read was to work out how many you build before an upgrade by ones target zone. I've not even gotten past 150 myself, and I was starting to run out of GS upgrades doing +6, so +3 and +5 seem awfuly low to me.

For me, I seem to have gotten a glitch, autojob suddenly unlocked for me, and that doesn't seem like it should have happened. Not that I'm put out by it, and I have no clue if it will survive past taking a portal.
  #860  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:44 PM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by omenran View Post
For me, I seem to have gotten a glitch, autojob suddenly unlocked for me, and that doesn't seem like it should have happened. Not that I'm put out by it, and I have no clue if it will survive past taking a portal.
AutoJobs is an automatic unlock as of the latest patch.
  #861  
Old 02-22-2020, 03:31 PM
omenran is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18
Yeah, I just took a look at the updates, I'm usually not concerned with them since they often don't affect my low zone play. I felt real silly after seeing that note in the update.
  #862  
Old 02-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Peter Morris's Avatar
Peter Morris is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The far canal
Posts: 13,211
Ever since the last update, Climb BW has sdopped working for me. Anyone else finding this?
  #863  
Old 02-27-2020, 06:30 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post
Ever since the last update, Climb BW has sdopped working for me. Anyone else finding this?
It shows as a red button in the BW zones on the right.
  #864  
Old 02-27-2020, 07:03 AM
Peter Morris's Avatar
Peter Morris is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The far canal
Posts: 13,211
Yes, I know, but it doesn't work. At least, it doesn't work for me. I select Climb BW, and it doesn't climb. It just runs the current one, and then stops. It used to automatically advance to the next one.
  #865  
Old 02-27-2020, 07:34 AM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post
Yes, I know, but it doesn't work. At least, it doesn't work for me. I select Climb BW, and it doesn't climb. It just runs the current one, and then stops. It used to automatically advance to the next one.
I haven't had any issues. Have you checked your Map At Zone settings?
  #866  
Old 02-28-2020, 03:32 AM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post
Ever since the last update, Climb BW has sdopped working for me. Anyone else finding this?
According to today's patch notes, it wasn't working unless you set it up via Map At Zone, but it should work now.
  #867  
Old 02-28-2020, 04:10 AM
Peter Morris's Avatar
Peter Morris is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The far canal
Posts: 13,211
Great, glad that's fixed.
  #868  
Old 05-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Rhodes's Avatar
Rhodes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 885
Until this week I had been using Quagmire as my primary source of Radon. I had 100T. I had tried Archaeology a couple times, but couldn't make it profitable. But then I browsed Reddit, and learned to do it right.
  • Get as much Greed perk as you can, and of course max out Tenacity.
  • You need a Scientist staff. One with Scientists, Farmers, and Miners would be great, but for your first couple Archaeologist runs you can just switch between Scientist staff and your other staffs.
  • Equip a staff with max VMDC for the easy zones.
  • Golden Upgrade to +200% Battle will be helpful on this first run, but commit all the rest of your Goldens to Radon.
  • Set up AutoJobs to get lots of scientists and farmers.
  • Set up Archaeology Automator to get 50 reSources and Radon relics. For the first couple runs you might struggle to keep up with Attack and Enemy attack. It might make for a slow run, but it should be worth it. And buy very few, if any, Breed relics. This will be easier tomorrow when you have a new fuckton of Carpentry, but I admit breed time will be frustrating the first time you do a good Archaeology run. I think my Automator string on my first profitable run was 50s,50r,-30e,-30a,-80b. You can manually buy more a and e relics as needed, but make sure r is 50 at zone 95.
  • With your long breed time, you'll want to make sure your trimps aren't dying. Maybe try 50 Equality and compensate with a bit of Attack relic, or you could try less Equality and get Enemy attack relic instead. You'll probably end up waiting for Tenacity to kick in on later zones.
  • To make the most of Greed, you need 1250 Tributes.
  • Make sure Map At Zone is set up to run all voids at the end of zone 95.
  • Run through the world until things get slow around zone 88-ish. Spend a couple hours picking up resources, focusing on one at a time. Assign all workers to Scientist, equip your heirloom, and run Research cache maps until you have a nice surplus. Switch all workers to Farmers / heirloom / Savory maps until you have 1250 Tributes. Switch to Miners / heirloom / Metal maps until equipment is trivially affordable. Grab enough wood for Smithy 17, and then run Melting Point for Smithy 18. Run lvl 91 maps for prestiges. You may be able to run even higher maps.
  • When you have a nice pile of prestige XX equipment, 1250 Tributes, and plenty of surplus science to replenish your relics, fire all workers so they can breed. Then go ahead to zone 95, run all your voids, and finish the challenge to collect a pile of Radon.
I did this with 100T Radon. It took 10 hours, and rewarded 100T Radon. I got a few new levels of Greed and Carpentry, and ran it again in 4 hours 150T Radon. A couple more times, and a couple of Bone Portals, and now it takes 2 hours for 350T Radon. I now have 10Qa Radon, and it's only been a few days since I was at 100T.

All of the remaining Acheivements are easy now using relics. I took my Shielded row from 80 all the way up to 100 by using 50s,50e, as many Attack relics as I could afford, no relics spent on radon, and stop at zone 95 to collect prestiges from maps 101-105. Mapless Drifter from 80 up to 100 was also easy using 50s, but took 7 hours because I had to wait for Tenacity to build up on the last few zones. And the Archaeology feat was simple with 0s,0a,0e,0b,0r. So 5 new +750% Achevements gives me 2 new Golden Upgrades.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017