Old 05-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Blindspot season 5 (starts May 7)

I might be the only one who watches this show. The plots are frankly ridiculous.
But I'm going to watch the final (I believe) season -- they better give Patterson's first name. Ashley Johnson is one of reasons I watch (I mean there is plenty of eye candy, but AJ has legitimate geek cred)
Last season we found out that Patterson's dad is Bill Nye* (the science guy) (she took her mom's last name) - according to IMDB he might appear next week.

Brian
* in real life Bill Nye doesn't have any kids -- there is a family history of some genetic disease and he didn't/doesn't want to chance it.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:39 PM

Wait - this show is still on? I'll have to check it out.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:02 PM

You're not the only viewer here. And I primarily watch because of Patterson and Rich.com, both of whom I adore.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:40 AM
Charter Member

I did not like Rich at first, but now that he is (mostly) good I like him better, and I like the Patterson <--> Rich dynamic.

Brian
Old 05-05-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9IWP View Post
I might be the only one who watches this show. The plots are frankly ridiculous.
But I'm going to watch the final (I believe) season -- they better give Patterson's first name. Ashley Johnson is one of reasons I watch (I mean there is plenty of eye candy, but AJ has legitimate geek cred)
Last season we found out that Patterson's dad is Bill Nye* (the science guy) (she took her mom's last name) - according to IMDB he might appear next week.

Brian
* in real life Bill Nye doesn't have any kids -- there is a family history of some genetic disease and he didn't/doesn't want to chance it.
Interestingly enough, the episode where we find out Bill Nye was Patterson's father was the exact same episode I said "I'm out".
Old 05-05-2020, 01:16 PM

I thought the initial premise was really interesting. I wanted to see how the writers would answer all of those open questions. Unfortunately, it appears that the writers had no idea themselves. It's called "planning".

Anyway, I've been watching ever since. I hate myself for it. It's unrealistic in almost every way you can think to explore. It's so poorly written. It's so poorly acted. It feels like an Action Movie Soap Opera.

I did give up on Walking Dead after roughly 5 or 6 seasons. I can at least be proud of that.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

So Patterson's first name is

SPOILER:
William
but we still don't her Space Camp name.

I missed how they bypassed the pressure sensor behind the dome, can anyone clue me in?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 05-15-2020, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

Some background info:
https://www.etonline.com/blindspot-p...clusive-146547

Brian
Old 05-15-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9IWP View Post
From the article:
Quote:
Now that we know Patterson's first name, another question popped up by way of her father: What the heck is her Space Camp name?

That, unfortunately, is a question that will remain a mystery. "That will be lost in time," Gero says with a laugh, confirming that he does know what it is. "That's for when we reboot the show or we do a Patterson spinoff."
A Patterson spinoff? Yes, please!