Old 06-06-2003, 01:52 AM

All time WORST movie

So, we all know what our favorite movies are, how about your least favorite?
a few:
The In-Laws
Idle Hands
Center Stage
A Mighty Wind-sure it was ok, but not as good as Best in Show and that made me sad
anymore?...come on..theres gotta be hundreds.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:13 AM

Black and White
Johnny Mneunomic
Dr. T and the Women

And, the first 40 minutes of Punch Drunk Love had to be some of the most annoying ever made. The philip glass score was horribly grating and all the performances gave me the creeps.

Funny thing is, I actually liked Magnolia and Boogie Nights. A lot.

No idea how the movie ended. Couldn't take it anymore.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:33 AM

Can't say my least favorite... I've just plain stopped watching some really bad movies part-ways through, so I never knew the extent to which they sucked...
Old 06-06-2003, 02:37 AM

This may not be the worst movie, but it definitely made me mad when I watched it. Blues Brothers 2000! The original Blues Brothers is my favorite movie of all time, and when I saw the sequel, I couldn't believe how stupid it was! The fact that they even tried to make a sequel was rediculous without Belushi. Anyway, that's my pick!
Old 06-06-2003, 02:44 AM

A Night at the Roxbury - i think the writers tried to be too funny

Pulp Fiction - i love Quentin Tarantino movies, but this just sucked the lame ball for some reason

A.I. - the only movie i ever walked out of the theatre
Old 06-06-2003, 02:50 AM

From those I've watched recently:

Little Nicky - I know it's meant to be a silly comedy but I didn't even laugh once
Black Knight - I don't think I can ever watch another Martin Lawrence movie after this crap. Like what, 3 jokes in the entire movie?
Volcano (the one with Tommy Lee Jones) - Just silly.
And I'll throw in MIB II - The characters were stupid, jokes were forced and a lousy storyline.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:51 AM
BANNED

Plan Nine from Outer Space. The leading man (Bela Lugosi) dies during production and nobody pretends to notice. Beat that!
Old 06-06-2003, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldoon III
[B]
Pulp Fiction - i love Quentin Tarantino movies, but this just sucked the lame ball for some reason
I know, it's just your opinion.. but worst of all time? Wow..
Old 06-06-2003, 03:20 AM

I agree with mmmmm, there have been many movies I barely remember because they were so .

But to pick one, I'd have to pick The Blair Witch Project as my least favorite. My ex wife made me watch it and I was so bored I was actually twiddling my thumbs.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:40 AM

Mars Attacks. Although, to be fair, it's so bad, it's good.

I also got dragged to see Speed 2. Words can't describe how awful it was. I fell asleep part way through and didn't miss much, apparently.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:49 AM

Quote:
But to pick one, I'd have to pick The Blair Witch Project as my least favorite.
Never saw Blair Witch, but watched Blair Witch II a few weeks ago. It was atrocious.

My pick: Eraserhead
Old 06-06-2003, 05:35 AM

Here are my picks:

Blood and Wine
James Bond - Tomorrow Never Dies
The Thin Red Line
Fargo
Old 06-06-2003, 06:39 AM

Four Weddings and a Funeral - absolutely horrible, to my great surprise.

Sudden Impact - the first movie I ever stopped watching because it was bad. I was very young, but my older brother and father agreed.

Eraserhead - gee...
Old 06-06-2003, 06:40 AM

Can't believe I forgot to mention Signs... That sucked the great big [expletive deleted].
Old 06-06-2003, 06:55 AM

For me, it is Spinal Tap...........one of only two movies I've ever walked out on. The other was Firefox with Clint Eastwood flying a stolen Russian fighter that flew by mental commands...............as long as you were thinking in Russian......

Coldfire says I got cojones!!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:11 AM

Worst film I've ever seen all the way through was Boogie Boy, trust me, you do not want to see this film!

Only films I've ever walked out of were Hotel Paradiso and Freddy got Fingered. They were awful.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:15 AM

Sorry, folks...worste movie of all time:

Troll 2

Terrible acting, terrible camera work, terrible special effects, terrible EVERYTHING. And what's worse...IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE ONE FRIGGIN' TROLL IN IT!!!!! It dealt with a witch and goblins. I mean, what the f*#k?
Old 06-06-2003, 07:54 AM

Ice Pirates

There was another one on the SciFi Channel last month that was so hideous it deserves a place in this thread. Unfortuantely, I can't remember the name of it, but it was two Starbuck and Apollo wannabees sent out into deep space for 70 years or so. On the way they stop at the intergalatic whore house. After that I stopped watching. Oh yeah, and one of them was in love with the ship's android. Horrible stuff.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:11 AM

I kinda almost liked Ice Pirates. I loved Eraserhead.

That said, I was severely disappointed when I saw Four Weddings and a funeral too. I walked out shortly after Rowan Atkinson's grotesque unfunnyness.

That said, I'd nominate The Fearless Vampire Killers, Roman Polanski's vampire "comedy". It's maybe not really the worst film I've ever seen, but the insane fact that it's widely regarded as a masterpiece just makes me hate this sad excuse for a film beyond measure. Inane slapstick with only an occasional vampire reference, ludicrous over-the-top acting, mindnumbingly bad music... And it just seems to go on forever. The only redeeming factor is the truly beautiful Sharon Tate, but alas, it's not enough.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:12 AM

I've seen a lot of movies, and that includes bad ones. But the two on my bottom list of all time most horrible awful penis-sucking movies is Eraser (with Arnold) and Species. Words cannot describe how bad these movies were to me. And anymore when I see an awful movie, I think to myself "Well, at least it's not as bad as Eraser or Species. Now those were some awful movies".
Old 06-06-2003, 08:13 AM

Titanic... How I loathed that Movie

Fast and the Furious.... Dumb, dumb... and the gay subtext just didn't work for me.

Battlefield Earth!!
Old 06-06-2003, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Priceguy

Eraserhead - gee...
Whoops, I meant Eraser. I haven't even seen Eraserhead, but I believe I'd like it.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:18 AM
BANNED

Jeepers Creepers. Not only is this the worst movie ever made, but I believe it to be the worst movie possible.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:18 AM

I take a personal point of pride in the fact that, of the 100 Worst Movies list on the IMDB, I have seen... well, very few of them. I used to be able to say none, but now I see Highlander II, Batman and Robin, On Deadly Ground, and Tarzan, the Ape Man.

My personal least favorite that I watched all the way through: Laserblast.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:19 AM

You're right kingpengvin. How could I forget Battlefield Earth?? I was at home sick when this tripe was on cable and it nearly put me into a coma. Pudgy John Travolta with dreadlocks and platform boots, vapid dialog and bad special effects... everything tilted at an angle.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Austrialian film...The Castle...I could not believe they made such a film.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Austrialian film...The Castle...I could not believe they made such a film.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:31 AM

It's funny what some people feel are the worst are some of my favorites - probably for the exact same reasons!

I think there have been too many stinkers to find a single, worst film ever but here are some of my suggestions:

Howard the Duck.
The Thin Red Line.
Every Highlander movie after Highlander.
SW Episode I & II
Old 06-06-2003, 08:39 AM

The worst movie I have ever wasted a full theater admission on was Eight-Legged Freaks. We didn't even make it through the first thirty minutes before walking out.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:55 AM

Zardoz. Sean Connery in a red diaper and a ponytail. It was so atrociously bad, it was actually entertaining.

"This has been Leonard Pynth-Garnell, and you've been watching 'Really Bad Cinema'."
Old 06-06-2003, 08:56 AM

A.I. was okay until he went to Manhattan. It was all downhill from there.

I can't believe no one's mentioned:
Wild, Wild West
House of 1000 Corpses
Kids
Blade II

And I hated Eraserhead.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:32 AM

The Chase. Mid-nineties car-chase movie with Charlie Sheen. I LOATHE that movie and it is the Bad Movie that I judge all other Bad Movies against.
I have never seen a movie worse than that one and I hope I never do.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:42 AM

Once again, I must opt for the heinousness that was Kiss Her Goodbye, as evidenced by these two very old threads: I Just Saw The WORST Movie On AMC! and Last Chance To Experience "Kiss Her Goodbye".
Old 06-06-2003, 09:45 AM

I am fascinated by some of the responses in this thread. Pulp Fiction, Eraserhead, Titanic, Signs, FARGO!!!!. You all need to get out to see more movies. You may have a personal distate for some of these films, but most of the ones you have listed are well made and well acted.

The worst movie ever made in terms of production value was IMO Glen or Glenda. I can't figure out why Plan 9 gets the attention when this Ed Wood effort is far worse. It is the story of a transvestite coming out to his girlfriend. Given that plot line, it is tough to figure out where an obviously high Bela Lugosi croaking out non-sequitors comes in. There is also gratuitous stock footage of buffalo stampeding. Not to mention numerous admonitions that transvestites are not homosexuals. The problem with all of the above is I have seen it five times. It may be bad, but I keep coming back.

The worst movie in tems of watchability in my experience is Battlefield Earth. I could never sit through that again. If there was any justice in the world Travolta would never get to act again. The camera was also tilted at an angle throughout the film for no discernible reason. A true suckfest.

Films that were critically acclaimed that I hated almost deserves another thread. The English Patient played like an interminable Ralph Lauren ad. I have never seen so many people looking so pretty in such trying circumstances. The Thin Red Line was awful. Malick wasted no opportunity for philosophical speechifying. A war movie should never put you to sleep. Not to mention Travolta's scene with that tiny hat on top of his big melon head.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:50 AM

<b>The Truth about Charlie...</b>

My god that was so freakin' horrible. And not just because Markie Mark was walking around Paris in a beret.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:58 AM

Yeah, a lot of this seems like "that really popular and recent film that I hate" rather than "worst of ALL time." I mean, when we have stuff like "Brown Bunny" coming out, the best you can think of is Pulp Fiction?

Brown Bunny, incidentally, did make me like Ebert again (though I still doubt that Ebert watches more thn 1/3 of the movies he claims to review). Vincent Gallo attacked him for being so harsh on his movie, saying "If a fat pig like Roger Ebert doesn't like my movie, then I'm sorry for him."

Ebert replied: "It is true that I am fat, but one day I will be thin, and he will still be the director of 'The Brown Bunny.' "

Heh.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:49 AM

I wholeheartedly disagree with many of the movies listed here...alas I will ignore that and list my choice:

Cutthroat Island, starring Geena Davis as a pirate

It is the only film during which I've ever intentionally napped.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:53 AM

2001, Fargo, Spinal Tap?

Just because you hate it doesn't necessarily make it a bad movie, let alone the all-time worst. A good example for me is Dancer in the Dark. I hated, hated, hated this movie. Does that make it a bad movie? Hell, no! It was a great movie. It's just that I will never, ever willingly subject myself to that again.

That being said, I'll cast my vote for the craptacular Battlefield Earth.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:57 AM

I mentioned this one in another thread, but for my money, the all-time most amaturely made motion picture has got to be The Giant Spider Invasion. It makes Ed Wood look like Hitchcock.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Terminus Est
2001, Fargo, Spinal Tap?

Just because you hate it doesn't necessarily make it a bad movie, let alone the all-time worst.
Right on. I can admit that movies I didn't like were good movies, that I didn't like (although I happened to love those three).

The only movie I ever paid admission to see and walked out of was Lost in Space. I finally said to myself, "This is not worth spending the next hour of my life watching."
Old 06-06-2003, 11:05 AM

As I've observed before, whenever this topic (or a similar one) comes up, almost every poster is going to name a very successful, very popular work that he/she just doesn't like.

If I ask, "Who's the world's worst writer," I'll probably get dozens of votes for John Grisham. If I ask, "Who's the worst singer of all time," I'm sure to get dozens of votes for Brittny Spears. And if I ask "What's the worst movie ever made," you can bet "Titanic" will get loads of nominations.

In reality, though I'm not a fan of Grishmao r Spears, and didn't love "Titanic," it's ridiculous to suggest they're the worst in their class. Here in Austin, on any weeknight, you can visit dozens of music clubs that have singers WAAAAAY worse than Brittny Spears. And every day, every publishing house receives a hundred manuscripts by would-be authors far worse than John Grishma will ever be. And even the people who vote for "Titanic" would surely admit, if you asked them one on one, that they've seen a hundred movies much worse than "Titanic."

This is the kind of topic that people use as an excuse to dump on extremely popular artists they don't like. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

How about Species 2. The worst movie I've ever paid full price to see. Hey, I was visiting an old college buddy I hadn't seen in years, and we wanted to see a science fiction movie...we picked Species 2 over Lost in Space. I still can't decide if we made the wrong choice.

The original Species was lame, but at least it had Natasha Henstrige naked some of the time. Species 2 didn't even have that.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:32 AM
I Am the One Who Bans

The Faculty
Urban Legends
Teaching Mrs. Tingle
Kingdom of the Spiders (William Shatner AND arachnids. I'm amazed lived through this one.)

But the worst thing I've ever seen, BY FAR, is (I shit you not) Can Heironymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?
Old 06-06-2003, 11:37 AM
I Am the One Who Bans

Quote:
we picked Species 2 over Lost in Space. I still can't decide if we made the wrong choice.
Having seen Lost in Space, I can tell you there was no right choice.

By the way, I'm sorry to have forgotten the Vanilla Ice vehicle Cool As Ice.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:40 AM

Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo for so many reasons.

There were only about three funny things in the movie, but I got to see them all in the ads, which ran seven hundred times a day or so.

Is there such thing as a female gigolo?

And don't get me started on the title. What's the sequel going to be: Bob Spediatrist: Male Podiatrist

Grrrr...
Old 06-06-2003, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marley23

But the worst thing I've ever seen, BY FAR, is (I shit you not) Can Heironymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?
Unless doing so would cause you to double over in pain, can you tell us some more about this one? I'm curious, the title just stood out as saying, "this I gotta see!" It didn't come up on IMDB.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:15 PM

Manos: the Hands of Fate. Made other MST3K movies look like Citizen Kane.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:25 PM

I've always maintained that Judge Dredd was the worst film ever made. I have met other people, though, who like its campiness. I wasn't familiar with the comic book, either--I don't know if that would have improved my impression or not.

And just as there are people who liked Judge Dredd, there are people who love Eraserhead.

I'm one of the latter.

"So, I just cut them up like regular chickens?"

"Sure, just cut 'em up like regular chickens!"
Old 06-06-2003, 12:29 PM

I'm not fully sure if this is "films I don't like" or "bad films".

If it's the latter, then I'd probably suggest some of the "B-Movies" that I've seen over the years, some already mentioned, others which I'd rather not remember the names of.

If it's the former, however, I have a list of recent films to go after.

(BTW, Short Guy, I personally feel that Roman Polanski has, for a theoretically "great" director, made a huge amount of films that I don't care for. (Pirates and The Diary of Forbidden Dreams come to mind.))
Old 06-06-2003, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fruitbat
I am fascinated by some of the responses in this thread. Pulp Fiction, Eraserhead, Titanic, Signs, FARGO!!!!. You all need to get out to see more movies. You may have a personal distate for some of these films, but most of the ones you have listed are well made and well acted.
i was going to make the same complaint. The problem was the OP started it off. This thread should be renamed "Movies i didn't care for" since that seems to be 90% of the posts. People, if it went to the theaters, and didn't star Travolta or CGI Godzilla it doesn't deserve to be listed. direct to video is where you should look. The Coleman Francis trilogy, Manos, Troll 2, any movie involving "teenagers" (from space or whereever) played by 35 year old actors, Robot Monster, any Tor Johnson movie (except the Hope/Crosby Road movie he was in), Space Mutany, Gor movies, Disney direct to video sequals...all put your choices to shame.

And Manos is the worst. One Fertilizer Salesman's movie to rule them all!