Old 11-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Bethesda admits the best perks of the Fallout 1st subscription don't even work.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

76 is getting human NPCs! And coming to Steam.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 02-10-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:59 PM

"Fallout 76 continues to truck along, and Bethesda isn't wavering in its support. Since launching on November 14, 2018, Fallout 76 has received a number of big updates; some have been welcomed with open arms, others have not."

Now THAT'S some of the most gagchoking cocksucking of Bethesda that I've seen in a while.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
"Fallout 76 continues to truck along, and Bethesda isn't wavering in its support. Since launching on November 14, 2018, Fallout 76 has received a number of big updates; some have been welcomed with open arms, others have not."

Now THAT'S some of the most gagchoking cocksucking of Bethesda that I've seen in a while.
I'm curious what your problem with that is, it's accurate. Bethesda is still supporting it, They have been making major updates and continue to, And some have been well received, and some have been hated.

It seems like so many people are so committed to the narrative that 100% of players have hated it from day 1 unwaveringly through now, that they have a conspiracy like belief that anything but loathing is fake.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post

I read that as saying that despite their efforts its not going well. You must have a low opinion of fellatio.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:19 AM

Loaded it up under Steam and played a good couple of hours this morning. Definitely feels more like standard fallout now with the new updates that add NPC people in, but fortunately it's still a good sense of adventure, not too crowded.

P.S. if a Mod happens by this way, could you please add a general Fallout 76 tag to the title for clarity, the announcement was years ago.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

Done.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

I still have some Atoms and subscription time remaining on my Bethesda copy, so I'll continue playing on it until my monthly subscription runs out. If I don't use all my Atoms, I guess I can continue popping in during sales to use it up even as I use Steam as my new main.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:49 PM

Looking forward to jumping in after work and a birthday meal tonight. Should be interesting!!
Old 04-14-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
I read that as saying that despite their efforts its not going well. You must have a low opinion of fellatio.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Done.
Thank ya Sir.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:17 PM

Anyone else been playing? I definitely appreciate the Wastelanders update. It was hard to motivate myself to even load up F76 given its state when I left, but I'm glad I did. It's arguably a better game than F4 at this point (which may not be saying much...). There's still no big overarching plot, but that's there are a number of smaller questlines that are reasonably satisfying.

The community seems better, too. The vending machines in particular encourage people to build nice bases and put them in accessible locations. So I have the option for visiting a CAMP instead of scrounging for ammo, for example.

I don't bother at all with the events at this point. Endless grind for no reason. Hopefully Bethesda can keep putting out reasonable single-player content.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:21 PM

Haven't been keeping up, last I checked you could not do a private server with only selected players. Is that a thing yet?
Old 05-02-2020, 03:20 PM

You can, if you pay for it. I haven't.

I agree that this is still the biggest missing piece of the whole thing. But my complaints before revolved around there being no persistency in F76 (aside from your CAMP).

The Wastelanders update actually improves this: the new quests do have lasting changes in the world, at least from your perspective. Since it actually has characters now, said characters remember previous interactions. Several of the characters hang around your CAMP, too, so there's incentive in building that up. Although I haven't finished yet, I believe some things will permanently unlock when I finish the main quest line.

Also, many/most of the new quests used instanced locations. I only play solo, but if you show up with a group in these locations, it's a bit like a private server--nobody else will bother you.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
You can, if you pay for it. I haven't.

I agree that this is still the biggest missing piece of the whole thing. But my complaints before revolved around there being no persistency in F76 (aside from your CAMP).

The Wastelanders update actually improves this: the new quests do have lasting changes in the world, at least from your perspective. Since it actually has characters now, said characters remember previous interactions. Several of the characters hang around your CAMP, too, so there's incentive in building that up. Although I haven't finished yet, I believe some things will permanently unlock when I finish the main quest line.

Also, many/most of the new quests used instanced locations. I only play solo, but if you show up with a group in these locations, it's a bit like a private server--nobody else will bother you.
Oh ok cool. How much is it /what do I need to buy? Might pay with kiddo and/ or wife once we finish BL3.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:34 PM

You just need the base game--the add-on content has been free (so far). Copies seem to be around $15 right now. I guess you probably need one per family member.

The private servers are more expensive--$13/mo, or $100/yr. Seems expensive to me, but maybe justifiable for a month or two if you have a group you expect to play with.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
You just need the base game--the add-on content has been free (so far). Copies seem to be around $15 right now. I guess you probably need one per family member.

The private servers are more expensive--$13/mo, or $100/yr. Seems expensive to me, but maybe justifiable for a month or two if you have a group you expect to play with.
Ok, thanks...we might give it a shot.

Just watched this review of the Wastelanders release:

https://youtu.be/nDmY3c1l3Zg

I love this guy's reviews, he's hilarious.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

I had been playing Fallout 76 for a while, and have subscribed for about the last 4 months. Given how much I play each month, the subscription is well worth it to me. I've played The Elder Scrolls Online, which also has an optional subscription with similar benefits (unlimited crafting material storage, for example).

I've been a big fan of the Fallout series (particularly starting with 3, then New Vegas), so this game is right in my wheelhouse. With the "free" copy the existing PC customers got on Steam, I've now swapped over mostly to that launcher; dropped my Bethesda-direct monthly subscription and purchased one year through Steam. I think it works out to $8.33/month; I may not play hard every single month, but I know I'm a fan of the franchise so it's a safe purchase for me.

My take on the subscription: obviously I like it well enough to pay. The big features for me, in descending order:

* unlimited crafting material storage ("junk" in the Fallout parlance). Note: not unlimited storage; only crafting materials. Your guns, armor, ammo all take up a finite amount of space.

* private world - if I want to go loot a place like Sugar Grove for those sweet desk fans, I know in a private world they'll be there, unlooted, when I get there. Also, sometimes I just don't want to deal with other people. I have the choice; I can also have up to 7 of my friends join me on that server when I'm playing. Also, private worlds' performance seems a bit better.

* mobile campsite - fast travel to your own CAMP is free. A subscription gets you a mobile tent that you can drop pretty much anywhere. It includes a cot, stove, and storage containers, and fast travel to it is free. There is no cost to move it.

* a pot of Atoms (aesthetic shop) included each month, which if bought separately would cost almost as much as the subscription. I rarely buy "skins" for my armor or weapons, but I do buy enhancements for my CAMP (new wall styles, new outbuildings, etc).