Old 05-02-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
tripthicket, are you a member of C.E.C.I.L.? I don't think I've seen you in-game.
No, not a member, although that's no reflection on C.E.C.I.L., of course. I played from June 2006 until the last day, way back when. Have been playing on the Homecoming servers for just over a year now. I mostly play solo or on PUGs, and the occasional Mothership Raid. Not a member of any supergroup save my own, with a base for storage and transporters.

I've long lurked here on the Dope (2003? dun remember), had been aware of this thread, but only look at it every few months or so, and haven't read the whole thing. I will do so today, to see what C.E.C.I.L. is all about.

As for seeing me in-game, I play just about every day, on two servers, but I have very severe alt-itis. A year of play has produced only 6 or 7 50s, seldom played. I think in March there was a stretch where I was making a new character every day; once or twice I made TWO in a day! Being retired, and loving this game, I have lots of time and passion.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Heck, my alt-itis isn't nearly that bad (I think 15ish characters?), and I still only have five 50s.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:07 PM

Just started playing a couple weeks ago on the Torchbearer server. I'm having fun, even though I still take a minute to find locations on the map. I get lost easily irl too. :-)

My main is a tanker named Brickface. I'm glad I don't have to worry about DPS. As long as the mobs beat on me while my group buddies blast them, I'm happy.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Just started playing a couple weeks ago on the Torchbearer server. I'm having fun, even though I still take a minute to find locations on the map. I get lost easily irl too. :-)

My main is a tanker named Brickface. I'm glad I don't have to worry about DPS. As long as the mobs beat on me while my group buddies blast them, I'm happy.
Glad to see new people discovering the game too, not just us old-timers..
Old 05-13-2020, 02:44 AM

Spotted in late-night General chat:

" Rikti Astley. Denial: Give you up. Negative: Let you down..."
Old 05-13-2020, 08:03 AM

Very nice. Always love the humor and creativity we get on CoH.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

That had to have been from Risa Beedam, right? She's always singing in Rikti.

Last night, I was on my baby villain (level 9 at the time), and asked in LFG if there was a red DFB forming. Instead, I got invited to some level 50 Snake thing, and holy Hell, that was some insane XP. In less time than a single DFB, I ended up hitting 16, and at one point, I literally had triple-stacked inspirations from leveling.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:00 PM

I don't recall who it was, but they said their friend has that entire song translated into Rikti grammar, and likes to break it out durin MSRs.

Saturday the 9th was my first birthday in Homecoming! At least Flaminatrix's info says she was rolled on May 9, 2019. I swear it was a bit later than that, like the 18th. I seem to recall that I got signed up for Homecoming three days before my WoW sub was set to expire on the 21st, and I just let the WoW sub go like a hot potato. Perhaps the date got messed up when I transferred all of my existing characters over to Everlasting from Reunion, though my main villain, Bruised Violet, shows she was rolled on the 10th, one day after Flaminatrix, which would be correct (the one day later part, not necessarily the specific date).

Last edited by Mister Rik; 05-13-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:52 PM

I dropped out of the guild yesterday. Good hunting, y'all.
"Yes, but that's because you're a wild human, not a tame human. The likes of you would have to be kept in a zoo, and the keepers would be very careful to never put their tentacles inside the bars"--Lemur866 describing Oak, 11/13/09
Molon labe--Leonidas I
Old 05-17-2020, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

Was it something we said?
Old 05-17-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Was it something we said?
Not at all. I'm just rarely on that toon, and almost never when there's anyone else on.
"Yes, but that's because you're a wild human, not a tame human. The likes of you would have to be kept in a zoo, and the keepers would be very careful to never put their tentacles inside the bars"--Lemur866 describing Oak, 11/13/09
Molon labe--Leonidas I