Old 03-23-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9IWP View Post
Trying to think of the motive for Lucius Fox's killing. He could have known something (knew about corruption and was killed to keep quiet) -- seems probable.

Brian
I'm sure it had something to do with Batman or Bruce Wayne or both. It might even be tied in to Bruce's disappearance.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

My only problem with her turning on Alice is that Arkham is torture chamber - and Kate knows it.

It's one thing to send someone to jail for life, it's another to send someone to be abused by "medical professionals" for life. That doesn't sit well for me.

Other than that, great episode. I'm really glad that they didn't drag out Luke's figuring out about his father's real killing.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:59 PM

Kate was willing to let Alice die just a couple episodes ago. Leaving her at Arkham seems to be a step up.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:26 AM

S01E17: A Narrow Escape

WHO'S A HERO NOW? - Batwoman encounters a new challenge when an old villain resurfaces, testing the heroics of Gotham's most stand-up citizens. Alice's limits are tested.

A Narrow Escape promo: https://youtu.be/jbjdfUUgeW4
Old 04-27-2020, 12:09 AM

Some good stuff in this episode:
  • Mary finally telling Kate that she knows about Batwoman
  • Mary's conversation with Luke about Kate being Batwoman
  • Sophie actually hitting it off with Julia and not being a complete twit
  • Julia not only sticking around but also to be working with Sophie
  • Commander Kane actually taking some positive action to save the citizens of Gotham City
  • Alice and Mouse running Arkham Asylum
  • The cut-rate Batwoman filling in in Kate's absence
I wasn't a fan of Kate's PTSD, but it served to resolve Luke's murder-death-kill rage, so I'll give it a pass.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:41 AM

S01E18: If You Believe In Me, I'll Believe In You

WHO CAN YOU TRUST? - Batwoman enlists Luke and Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) for an undercover mission to recover one of the most important items from her cousin's arsenal. While Alice continues developing her devious plans within Arkham's walls, she gets an unexpected visit from Jacob Kane who needs her help. Meanwhile, Mary tries to prove herself to Kate. As Sophie gets closer to a co-worker, Kate reunites with an old flame.

If You Believe In Me, I'll Believe In You: https://youtu.be/ZWCFK1p9y68
Old 05-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Mary's zipper dress was recently seen worn by Abigail (demon ally/opponent of the main characters) on Charmed
Brian
Old 05-04-2020, 12:57 AM

Man, the fight scenes are getting better and better. I think they imported the entire Arrow stunt crew after that show ended. They've really found their groove in this episode.

Some great twists at the end. Reagan is working for Magpie and Julia is also working for some unknown entity to get the journal. The journal being encoded was not a surprise, though. And neither will I be surprised if we see both Magpie and Reagan again.

Mary as always was tonight's MVP. Welcome to the Bat Family.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:30 AM

S01E19: A Secret Kept From All The Rest

CRACKING THE CODE - When members of Gotham's intelligentsia begin disappearing, Commander Kane, Sophie and the Crows go searching for the newest homicidal threat to the city. In the meantime, Kate is consumed with someone's betrayal and starts questioning the loyalty of everyone around her just when she needs them most. So when Luke and Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) go missing, Batwoman must rely on Mary and a former foe to deploy her rescue mission. Meanwhile, Alice enlists Tommy Elliot (guest star Gabriel Mann) to help acquire an elusive item that her sister also seeks.

A Secret Kept From All The Rest promo: https://youtu.be/CfbK7YxK_N4
Old 05-11-2020, 01:18 AM

Tommy Eliot became Hush rather more quickly than I thought he would. Some other things I never thought would be revealed so quickly: Reagan is Magpie's sister. Julia is (was) working for Safiyah. Parker is let into the Batcave and Mary is understandably miffed. Julia and Sophie are a thing. Finally, Alice has the key to Lucius Fox's journal. Does this mean kryptonite can penetrate the batsuit?
Old 05-17-2020, 09:24 AM

S01E20: O, Mouse!

SEASON FINALE - When one of Gotham's former heroes returns to his old stomping grounds to settle a score, both Batwoman and Commander Kane find themselves on the defensive. Meanwhile, Alice has uncovered what could finally take down Batwoman, but she is losing hold on her henchman Mouse (guest star Sam Littlefield) and Hush (guest star Gabriel Mann), sending her spiraling into her most wicked self. Luke immediately focuses on finding a way to protect Batwoman from Alice, and Mary has a chance to be the sister Kate has needed all along. New information surfaces, forcing Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) to warn Sophie about the person pulling the strings. And in a final standoff, when Commander Kane refuses to retreat from his war on Batwoman, Kate may find herself more than heartbroken by her father's choices.

O, Mouse! promo: https://youtu.be/ls3VwH-4n7k
Old 05-18-2020, 03:10 AM

This episode was rather obviously not a season finale, with a villain-of-the-week that was rather easily dispensed with. But it served rather well as a cliffhanger, or rather, a set of cliffhangers for the next season, with Jacob declaring war on Batwoman, Alice also on the warpath for Batwoman to the extent that she would kill Mouse, everyone searching for kryptonite, and that reveal of not-Bruce Wayne at the end.

Luke better not learn about the D.E.O. and the crap-ton of kryptonite they had laying about.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:22 PM

In the DC universe, does (green) kryptonite have any properties beyond "deadly to Kryptonians"? Obviously the TV series can do whatever it wants, but I was surprised that it was nearly indestructible and also useful for piercing armor.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

I've not seen the show yet, but did you guys hear Ruby Rose has quit the show and they are re-casting Batwoman?

What the heck happened?
Old 05-19-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
I've not seen the show yet, but did you guys hear Ruby Rose has quit the show and they are re-casting Batwoman?

What the heck happened?
I came in here to post this news and found that you had beaten me to the punch.

The initial season was pretty solid, and Ruby Rose's performance was phenomenal, so this is probably the biggest shocker of the season.