Old 05-13-2020, 10:58 AM

Finding historical sports videos

I recently recalled a couple of things I saw on tv in my youth, but can’t seem to find any videos online:

1) Back when Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (formerly Chris Jackson) was protesting by not standing for the national anthem before his NBA games, his teammate Dikembe Mutombo was asked about his thoughts on the subject. He responded with a classic, to the effect of: “It’s not like he’s coming to your house and having sex with your wife.”

2) There was a “documentary”-type report about WWE’s (WWF at the time) Wild Samoans. One of them is shown sticking his head underwater and emerging with a fish in his mouth.

And idea where I might be able to find such videos?
Old 05-13-2020, 04:49 PM

If they are not on Youtube they will be very hard to find. You could check local TV websites but they normally don't keep old stuff unless it's a championship season.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackknifed Juggernaut View Post
I recently recalled a couple of things I saw on tv in my youth, but can’t seem to find any videos online:

1) Back when Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (formerly Chris Jackson) was protesting by not standing for the national anthem before his NBA games, his teammate Dikembe Mutombo was asked about his thoughts on the subject. He responded with a classic, to the effect of: “It’s not like he’s coming to your house and having sex with your wife.”

2) There was a “documentary”-type report about WWE’s (WWF at the time) Wild Samoans. One of them is shown sticking his head underwater and emerging with a fish in his mouth.

And idea where I might be able to find such videos?
There are Facebook groups for both classic wrestling and the NBA. You might join them and ask. I’m sure there are also subreddits for both.

The videos may well be on YouTube, just under a different name or as part of a compilation. I’ve seen plenty of ‘crazy classic wrestling’ clip montages.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:54 PM

Not what you asked for, but kinda close:

Sika eats a chicken