Old 05-14-2020, 12:09 AM

Any photographers here? Looking for a modern, compact ultrawide.

In a past life, I used to love amateur photography and mostly shot with a DSLR and a 11-16mm f/2.8 ultra-wide lens. I loved how the photos looked, but the setup was huge and bulky, necessitating a chest carrier for longer hikes. I took fewer and fewer photos every year because of the bulk. But that was a decade ago.

These days, I envy iPhone Pro owners with their 13mm lens in such a tiny package, but I'd prefer something with a bigger sensor and slightly more creative control (a mirrorless camera? a compact?). Does something like that exist now? A small-ish camera, with a fast ultrawide lens, interchangeable or not, and at least an APS-C sensor? I don't care about zoom or telephoto.

I'm not even sure if those terms are relevant anymore... things have changed so much since the simple ol' days! I did some research on my own (looks like Sony's Alpha line has grown tremendously, and Canon and Nikon both have a lot of mirrorless lines now...). It's all a bit overwhelming. Are there any clear leaders in this area right now?
Old 05-14-2020, 08:08 AM

Check out the DPREview website. They have excellent camera reviews, ways to sort and select them, and a nice forum to boot.

(digital photography review)
Old 05-17-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
Check out the DPREview website. They have excellent camera reviews, ways to sort and select them, and a nice forum to boot.

(digital photography review)
Forgot about that! Will do, thanks