Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7001  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Fiveyearlurker is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,564
Who among us would disagree with his most recent tweet? Nobody. Because nobody has any idea what he's talking about.

"is = if (Spell)! Not like Chris."
  #7002  
Old 06-13-2019, 12:03 AM
JohnT's Avatar
JohnT is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,733
Excuse me, sir: I speak Dotard.

He quotes Geraldo Rivera who himself is quoting Chris Cuomo, and there is a misspelling in Cuomo's tweet where he put "is" instead of "if".

In short, Trump is now dogging on others for their spelling.

Covfefe!
  #7003  
Old 06-13-2019, 12:10 AM
Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,674
You can tell he's really proud he spotted that. Things like this are why his followers think he's a genius.
  #7004  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:26 AM
DesertDog is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mesa, Ariz.
Posts: 5,517
It's four-dimensional grammar.
  #7005  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Fiveyearlurker is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,564
Prince of Whales:
  #7006  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:11 AM
CalMeacham's Avatar
CalMeacham is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 44,272
"There's a School of Whales"
"They're too big for a school. Should be a University."
"University of Whales?"

---Yellow Submarine
__________________
Who is the Calypso Singer that rides Pegasus?
Harry Bellerophonte
  #7007  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:31 AM
JohnT's Avatar
JohnT is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Excuse me, sir: I speak Dotard.

He quotes Geraldo Rivera who himself is quoting Chris Cuomo, and there is a misspelling in Cuomo's tweet where he put "is" instead of "if".

In short, Trump is now dogging on others for their spelling.

Covfefe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Prince of Whales:
I'm convinced: God is trolling us.

The tweet has been deleted, but not before intrepid internet sleuths took screenshots!

https://twitter.com/tomtomorrow/stat...59782894575616

Last edited by JohnT; 06-13-2019 at 08:32 AM.
  #7008  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:49 AM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 34,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Prince of Whales:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
The tweet has been deleted, but not before intrepid internet sleuths took screenshots!

https://twitter.com/tomtomorrow/stat...59782894575616
Context for the above tweet:
Quote:
President Trump is playing defense after telling ABC's George Stephanopoulos he'd be open to listening to information from foreign governments that might damage his opponents in the next election, a comment that swiftly drew backlash.

Asked by Stephanopoulos whether he'd take information offered from a foreign government or alert the FBI, Mr. Trump suggested he might do both.
  #7009  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:09 AM
SlackerInc's Avatar
SlackerInc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 11,512
He loves the superfluous quotation marks, doesn’t he?
  #7010  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 12,224
What kind of intelligence is he hoping to get from the whales?
  #7011  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
What kind of intelligence is he hoping to get from the whales?
Not sure, but it will be released in a podcast.
  #7012  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Jumpbass's Avatar
Jumpbass is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Napa Valley (lucky me)
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Not sure, but it will be released in a podcast.
Win
  #7013  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:02 PM
Fair Rarity's Avatar
Fair Rarity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,151
I'm super proud of my kid.

"Can you spell the place Wales?"

"w-a-l-e-s?"

"Can you guess who couldn't today?"

Big sigh/eyeroll combo (which really gets tested a lot in tween years. It's going to be a wild ride when we hit full teenage years).

"Trump."

Like, it's not even funny. There's no anger. Just disappointed resignation. Such a good example for teh childrun.
  #7014  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:40 PM
wguy123 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,898
The White House posted a Flag Day tweet with a picture of Donny Two Scoops molesting the US flag. Donny Dipshit proudly retweeted the flag hump photo.
  #7015  
Old 06-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,674
What news story is this a reaction to? I want to read it!
Quote:
The Corrupt News Media is totally out of control - they have given up and donít even care anymore. Mainstream Media has ZERO CREDIBILITY - TOTAL LOSERS!
  #7016  
Old 06-15-2019, 03:17 PM
dasmoocher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
What news story is this a reaction to? I want to read it!
I dunno. Is there a recording of something he said in public being reported on?
  #7017  
Old 06-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 34,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
What news story is this a reaction to? I want to read it!
Deadline Hollywood believes he's simply trying to fire up what remains of his base for next year.
  #7018  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:04 PM
jsc1953 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 10,534
The story says that heís launching his 2020 campaign. Didnít he do that in January 2017?
  #7019  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,674
Trump and his advisers have spent many months grappling with the big question that America faces in its future - should the slogan remain as "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN", or should it be "KEEP AMERICA GREAT"?
  #7020  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Aspenglow's Avatar
Aspenglow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
The story says that heís launching his 2020 campaign. Didnít he do that in January 2017?
It happens over and over and over again.

Much like Infrastructure Week.
  #7021  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:55 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I'm convinced: God is trolling us.

The tweet has been deleted, but not before intrepid internet sleuths took screenshots!

https://twitter.com/tomtomorrow/stat...59782894575616
Stephen Colbert at his finest:
https://mashable.com/video/stephen-c...nce-of-whales/

The "Prince of Whales" bit starts just past the 5:30 mark, but the whole thing is worth a watch!
  #7022  
Old 06-15-2019, 07:43 PM
Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,674
It's been noted that Trump tends to accuse other people of things that he's guilty of himself, perhaps as a way of deflection - if two people are calling each other liars, then it is not immediately clear who is the liar, and who is telling the truth.

Here are the things Trump has accused other people of on Twitter in the last 24 hours:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump

"national disgrace"
"Corrupt"
"totally out of control"
"have given up"
"donít even care anymore"
"ZERO CREDIBILITY"
"TOTAL LOSERS!"
"a disaster"
"will only get worse"
"very dishonest"
"want to destroy our Country"
"not playing it straight"
"ridiculous"
"obstructionist"
"will stop at nothing to distract the American people"
"dishonest"
  #7023  
Old 06-15-2019, 08:14 PM
Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,674
I thought it might be, since the clips that have aired this week have been pretty damning, but it's now apparent that the Stephanopoulos interview is likely what's on Trump's mind. As Trump helpfully informs us in his tweet: "It will be aired on Sunday night at 8:00 P.M., and is called, ďPresident Trump: 30 HoursĒ. So put that in your diaries, I think it could be explosive. He calls Don McGahn a liar who lied under oath in one clip, and in another says he's open to colluding with foreign governments to get dirt on a political rival.

Trump's latest trio of tweets mean that these words can now be added to the list above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump

"Fake"
"distort"
"as negative a way as possible"
"misleading"
  #7024  
Old 06-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,674
Goddamit Donald, stop tweeting and go to bed - the task of writing this list will never end!

New updates for the list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump

"Failing"
"a virtual act of Treason"
"once great"
"desperate"
"bad for our Country"
"ALSO, NOT TRUE!"
"Anything goes"
"Corrupt"
"They will do, or say, whatever it takes"
"with not even the slightest thought of consequence!"
"true cowards"
"without doubt, THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!"
  #7025  
Old 06-15-2019, 08:42 PM
Aspenglow's Avatar
Aspenglow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,849
This is our "president."

And the Republicans don't mind.
  #7026  
Old 06-15-2019, 08:53 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 34,597
To be fair, some conservatives* who discovered he's actually worse than they were led to believe have been having buyers' remorse for at least a year now.


*Minorities, mostly.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 06-15-2019 at 08:57 PM.
  #7027  
Old 06-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,674
That Donald Trump is both preventing Don McGahn from speaking, and also calling him a liar and a criminal (since he lied under oath) cannot be making McGahn happy.

That Trump says in the interview that he's open to receiving foreign election interference, brings up the question of 2016 collusion again - if he is open to it now, why would he not have been in 2016? Plus, since it's illegal, he's openly saying in the interview that he would be happy to commit a crime. That Trump is saying that he won't respect the integrity of an election process is surely another argument for impeachment.
  #7028  
Old 06-15-2019, 09:49 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
That Donald Trump is both preventing Don McGahn from speaking, and also calling him a liar and a criminal (since he lied under oath) cannot be making McGahn happy.
Then he should testify. There is nothing and no one stopping Don McGahn from testifying except Don McGahn.
  #7029  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:34 PM
dasmoocher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
That Trump says in the interview that he's open to receiving foreign election interference, brings up the question of 2016 collusion again - if he is open to it now, why would he not have been in 2016? Plus, since it's illegal, he's openly saying in the interview that he would be happy to commit a crime. That Trump is saying that he won't respect the integrity of an election process is surely another argument for impeachment.
Ah! But, you see, that's not collusion. It's just looking at "oppo research" to see if it's "bad" [for Trump's opponents, I assume Trump means]. Trump, of course, knows more about the legality of this than anybody, such as the FBI Director and the head of the FEC, say.

The latest Republican talking point is that it was Hillary Clinton who colluded in 2016 with the Russians. I've seen a few clips of the Trump defenders claiming Clinton paid (albeit indirectly) for the Steele dossier and Steele used Russian sources to get dirt on the Trump campaign. And the dossier was used to get the illegal spying on the Trump campaign going with the Carter Page FISA warrants.

Therefore, it was Clinton who colluded with Russians and Trump is an innocent victim in this Fake Which [sic] Hunt Hoax!!!

So, now they're complaining that all the Democrats are out to get Trump on fake charges--because Mueller totally exonerated Trump, yet don't care about Clinton's blatant collusion with the Russians.

Video clip example of Trumpster Kayleigh McEnany "debating" Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks on Chris Cuomo's Primetime CNN show.
  #7030  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:41 PM
mistymage's Avatar
mistymage is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 900
It really sucks that the White House Facebook page has become a branch of the Trump propaganda machine.
  #7031  
Old 06-16-2019, 12:42 AM
Locrian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Village, CA
Posts: 4,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
This is our "president."

And the Republicans don't mind.
Since this seems fictional to the hilt with the verbiage of his tweets, isnít there a Jack McCoy type out there who can issue a 357 exam (or whatever number) for a psych evaluation?

And why the GOP allows it is still baffling to me, other than investments, like McTurtle getting a Russian steel mill in his home state.
  #7032  
Old 06-16-2019, 01:31 AM
SlackerInc's Avatar
SlackerInc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 11,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Stephen Colbert at his finest:
https://mashable.com/video/stephen-c...nce-of-whales/

The "Prince of Whales" bit starts just past the 5:30 mark, but the whole thing is worth a watch!

Nice! He took a deserved bow after that one. I have watched him on and off for years, but didn't realize he was so good at sound effects.
  #7033  
Old 06-16-2019, 01:52 AM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 31,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
Since this seems fictional to the hilt with the verbiage of his tweets, isnít there a Jack McCoy type out there who can issue a 357 exam (or whatever number) for a psych evaluation?
Failing that, a Judge Benjamin Caulfield type...?
  #7034  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
And why the GOP allows it is still baffling to me, other than investments, like McTurtle getting a Russian steel mill in his home state.
But God forbid that the Obama administration allowed a Russian company to purchase majority interest in a Canadian company that operates a uranium mine in our country.
  #7035  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:22 AM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
But God forbid that the Obama administration allowed a Russian company to purchase majority interest in a Canadian company that operates a uranium mine in our country.
Just can't let that pile of bullshit go, can you?
  #7036  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,404
  #7037  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:15 AM
Budget Player Cadet's Avatar
Budget Player Cadet is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
But God forbid that the Obama administration allowed a Russian company to purchase majority interest in a Canadian company that operates a uranium mine in our country.
Hey guys, pro tip: block Railer13. Go to your ignore list and ignore him. This guy has nothing of value to say. Nothing. At all. He's at best an idiot and at worst a lying shitbag troll. No, seriously, at this point, anyone still hawking this bullshit lie does not deserve to have a seat at the adult's table.
  #7038  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:21 AM
raventhief's Avatar
raventhief is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Just can't let that pile of bullshit go, can you?
That's... Not the way I read it. The Republicans are ok with rampant corruption and hey look Yertle got a steel mill, and THAT'S OK,. but god forbid a Russian company get involved with any damn thing under Obama, because Republicans will pitch a fit for YEARS about that.


I may have misunderstood.
  #7039  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:24 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Hey guys, pro tip: block Railer13. Go to your ignore list and ignore him. This guy has nothing of value to say. Nothing. At all. He's at best an idiot and at worst a lying shitbag troll. No, seriously, at this point, anyone still hawking this bullshit lie does not deserve to have a seat at the adult's table.


I don't think you or running coach understood what you read. I think raventhief did understand what he read.

ETA: Here's your Big Clue™: the sentence starts with the word "but".

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-16-2019 at 11:25 AM.
  #7040  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:48 AM
SlackerInc's Avatar
SlackerInc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 11,512
Raventhief and Bo are right. BPC, you look like a drooling idiot who isn’t even aware you just pantsed yourself.
  #7041  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Locrian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Village, CA
Posts: 4,222
Well, uranium is worth way more than steel. But Trump's no good at business, so they'll have to settle with the steel.
  #7042  
Old 06-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Just can't let that pile of bullshit go, can you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Hey guys, pro tip: block Railer13. Go to your ignore list and ignore him. This guy has nothing of value to say. Nothing. At all. He's at best an idiot and at worst a lying shitbag troll. No, seriously, at this point, anyone still hawking this bullshit lie does not deserve to have a seat at the adult's table.
Jeez, dudes, have you looked at anything else I've ever posted? I'm as big of a Trump hater as anybody on this board. If there's any way to mark a post as sarcastic, I want to know about it so guys like you can figure out when something is posted in jest.

Thank you, raventhief and Snowboarder Bo and SlackerInc for coming to my defense.
  #7043  
Old 06-16-2019, 12:50 PM
Budget Player Cadet's Avatar
Budget Player Cadet is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,372
I'm sorry.

In my defense: there are probably people on this forum who buy that shit, and they are exactly that fucking sick in the head. And I keep running into them for some godawful reason.

Last edited by Budget Player Cadet; 06-16-2019 at 12:50 PM.
  #7044  
Old 06-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
I'm sorry.

In my defense: there are probably people on this forum who buy that shit, and they are exactly that fucking sick in the head. And I keep running into them for some godawful reason.
Apology accepted.

And I agree with your assessment.
  #7045  
Old 06-16-2019, 01:04 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 16,883
Individual 1 suggests that he be allowed to serve as President after his two terms end.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...52529428717568
  #7046  
Old 06-16-2019, 01:25 PM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Individual 1 suggests that he be allowed to serve as President after his two terms end.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...52529428717568
No surprise there.
__________________
"If we're not supposed to dance, why all this music?" Gregory Orr
  #7047  
Old 06-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Siam Sam is offline
Elephant Whisperer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 40,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Individual 1 suggests that he be allowed to serve as President after his two terms end.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...52529428717568
Similar probably to how Chump will "suggest" he be allowed to stay on if he loses next year.
__________________
The two most interesting things in the world: Other people's sex lives and your own money.
  #7048  
Old 06-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Sherrerd's Avatar
Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Similar probably to how Chump will "suggest" he be allowed to stay on if he loses next year.
Yeah. And if both the Secret Service and the US Marshal Service have been purged of all who decline to take an oath of personal loyalty to the rancid clown, we may be in for some major drama on January 20, 2021.
  #7049  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:41 PM
Siam Sam is offline
Elephant Whisperer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 40,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Yeah. And if both the Secret Service and the US Marshal Service have been purged of all who decline to take an oath of personal loyalty to the rancid clown, we may be in for some major drama on January 20, 2021.
I feel he will eventually have to be dragged out like the tantrum-throwing brat he is am looking froward to that.
__________________
The two most interesting things in the world: Other people's sex lives and your own money.
  #7050  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:58 PM
SlackerInc's Avatar
SlackerInc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 11,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
I feel he will eventually have to be dragged out like the tantrum-throwing brat he is am looking froward to that.

Indeed. He has foolishly feuded with federal law enforcement and the military, making him about the last wannabe strongman who could ever get them to back a radical move like that. He's no Kim Jong Un, that's for sure.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017