Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 PM

Spoon rings for sale! Now with FREE SHIPPING!!!

I've finally gotten back into the Etsy game again with some of my many, many spoon rings that I have in inventory.

All of my spoon rings are made from silver plated silverware (hint: they're not sterling silver). I have somewhat of a variety of sizes listed now and hope to continue adding more rings everyday. I currently have over 800 rings in stock ranging from size 2.5 to 13. So, if you're looking for a particular size or particular silverware pattern, let me know.

Here's a link to my Etsy shop.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 AM

Nothing bigger? I'm size 15, and those do look cool, and they are within my ring budget.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 AM

No, I'm sorry. Every once in awhile I'll end up with a 14 by accident but the mandrel that I form them around actually only goes to 13. If I ever come up with a 15 by accident I'll let you know.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 AM

Um, your link shows what looks to me pretty standard silver modern girl rings - why are they called "spoon rings"? Are they made FROM spoons? Are they meant to be used WITH spoons somehow? What am I missing? (Wikipedia didn't help).
Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Yes, spoon rings are made from spoons and other silverware.

Specifically, all of my spoon rings are made from upcycled antique silver plated silverware. They are made by cutting off the silverware handle and forming it into a ring. I have rings made from patterns dating as far back as the 1870s through the 1960s.

ETA: That's why if you look closely some of them have sort of a 'rustic' look to them, due to wear and tear from their first life as eating utensils. Often the silver plating would wear thin in certain areas.

Last edited by Sticks and Scones; 01-16-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks and Scones View Post
Yes, spoon rings are made from spoons and other silverware.

Specifically, all of my spoon rings are made from upcycled antique silver plated silverware. They are made by cutting off the silverware handle and forming it into a ring. I have rings made from patterns dating as far back as the 1870s through the 1960s.

ETA: That's why if you look closely some of them have sort of a 'rustic' look to them, due to wear and tear from their first life as eating utensils. Often the silver plating would wear thin in certain areas.
I'm a guy that's completely clueless about jewelry. That, however, is kind of cool!