Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41001  
Old 04-25-2019, 09:44 PM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Wait....Germany fell? Why was this not reported anywhere?
"The Haters and Losers in the Fake News Media refuse to report on my great Success in stopping our Country from falling (like Germany did!) so they can deny "Trump" a Great win. Apologize!"

Last edited by Smapti; 04-25-2019 at 09:48 PM.
  #41002  
Old 04-26-2019, 05:27 AM
dropzone's Avatar
dropzone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 29,626
Huh? Wha'? How fucking senile does this guy need to get? Or is that the Adderall talking?
  #41003  
Old 04-26-2019, 05:53 AM
Gyrate is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Wait....Germany fell? Why was this not reported anywhere?
I vaguely remember seeing a video on the internet about Germany and its "Downfall", but I don't think Merkel was in it...
  #41004  
Old 04-26-2019, 06:34 AM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
"The Haters and Losers in the Fake News Media refuse to report on my great Success in stopping our Country from falling (like Germany did!) so they can deny "Trump" a Great win. Apologize!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Huh? Wha'? How fucking senile does this guy need to get? Or is that the Adderall talking?
FTR, that isn't a real Trump quote. It's just me imitating his speaking/Tweeting style, which I seem to be uncannily good at. SAD!

Last edited by Smapti; 04-26-2019 at 06:34 AM.
  #41005  
Old 04-26-2019, 07:03 AM
Bryan Ekers's Avatar
Bryan Ekers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 59,012
Tweeting like Trump isn't difficult. Just write a tweet and take away reason and accountability.
__________________
Don't worry about the end of Inception. We have top men working on it right now. Top. Men.
  #41006  
Old 04-26-2019, 07:24 AM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Tweeting like Trump isn't difficult. Just write a tweet and take away reason and accountability.
Throw in a couple of misspellings, and you're there. Anyone can be president!
__________________
"If we're not supposed to dance, why all this music?" Gregory Orr
  #41007  
Old 04-26-2019, 10:05 AM
kaylasdad99 is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 31,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
"The Haters and Losers in the Fake News Media refuse to report on my great Success in stopping our Country from falling (like Germany did!) so they can deny "Trump" a Great win. Apologize!"
Sorry, if you're not going to post a link to the tweet, I have no choice but to view it as a brilliantly constructed parody.
  #41008  
Old 04-26-2019, 10:07 AM
kaylasdad99 is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 31,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Huh? Wha'? How fucking senile does this guy need to get? Or is that the Adderall talking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
FTR, that isn't a real Trump quote. It's just me imitating his speaking/Tweeting style, which I seem to be uncannily good at. SAD!
Heh. Called it.
  #41009  
Old 04-26-2019, 11:19 AM
JohnT's Avatar
JohnT is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,720
You should open a parody Trump Twitter account, Smapti. You'll get some followers: your stuff is that good.
  #41010  
Old 04-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
You should open a parody Trump Twitter account, Smapti. You'll get some followers: your stuff is that good.
When it comes to pure comedy, it isn't as good as the original.
  #41011  
Old 04-26-2019, 11:34 AM
Buck Godot's Avatar
Buck Godot is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MD outside DC
Posts: 5,787
I fully expect a re-tweet to correcting it to being "the worst thing since the fall of Hitler."

With the question of whether this means that worse stuff happened before the fall of Hitler, or Hitler's fall itself being bad, left up to the audience.
  #41012  
Old 04-26-2019, 01:33 PM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
I fully expect a re-tweet to correcting it to being "the worst thing since the fall of Hitler."

With the question of whether this means that worse stuff happened before the fall of Hitler, or Hitler's fall itself being bad, left up to the audience.
"Many fine people in Germany were treated very unfairly by our military under Lazy Frankie Roosevelt - who, many people are finding out, was a Democrat."
  #41013  
Old 04-26-2019, 01:55 PM
MacCat's Avatar
MacCat is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Throw in a couple of misspellings, and you're there.
Don't forget some random capitalization's...

Smapti does have that covered though.

Last edited by MacCat; 04-26-2019 at 01:58 PM.
  #41014  
Old 04-26-2019, 03:38 PM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
"Many fine people in Germany were treated very unfairly by our military under Lazy Frankie Roosevelt - who, many people are finding out, was a Democrat."
And he was a crip in a wheelchair. *Womp-womp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCat View Post
Don't forget some random capitalization's...
...
No to mention some random apostrophes.
__________________
"If we're not supposed to dance, why all this music?" Gregory Orr
  #41015  
Old 04-26-2019, 03:52 PM
MacCat's Avatar
MacCat is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
No to mention some random apostrophes.
Not to mention a forgotten T What law is that?

I plead accepting spell check. Three times I edited Smapti because it gave me Smart. I wasn't sure about my spelling of capitalizations and when I saw it highlighted I assumed (I know) it corrected me and I didn't check myself.

  #41016  
Old 04-26-2019, 06:05 PM
dropzone's Avatar
dropzone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 29,626
Gaudere's Law. What happened to her? I liked her. She was cute and snarky.
  #41017  
Old 04-26-2019, 06:51 PM
kaylasdad99 is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 31,697
Last post was in 2015. Last activity in October, 2018.

I miss her.
  #41018  
Old 04-26-2019, 07:07 PM
Ukulele Ike is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Last post was in 2015. Last activity in October, 2018.

I miss her.
I met her nearly 20 years ago at one of the first SDMB corporeal meet-ups, in Chicago, along with Jophiel (still here) and UncleBeer (sadly missed).

She was great. If I hadn’t already been married, I would have eventually made her Missus Ukulele.
__________________
Uke

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 04-26-2019 at 07:07 PM.
  #41019  
Old 04-26-2019, 07:43 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
I met her nearly 20 years ago at one of the first SDMB corporeal meet-ups, in Chicago, along with Jophiel (still here) and UncleBeer (sadly missed).

She was great. If I hadn’t already been married, I would have eventually made her Missus Ukulele.
Really plucked the right strings, did she?
  #41020  
Old 04-27-2019, 12:57 AM
Bryan Ekers's Avatar
Bryan Ekers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 59,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Really plucked the right strings, did she?
Careful, puns make him fret.
__________________
Don't worry about the end of Inception. We have top men working on it right now. Top. Men.
  #41021  
Old 04-27-2019, 01:47 AM
Nobody is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,414
In a rare Smart Republican idea of the day event, I was watching Rachel Maddow and she played this clip from Andrew Napolitano saying how the Muller report shows multiple attempts at obstruction of justice and that William "Barr has a personal view of obstruction at odds with the statute itself. "

I wonder how much blow-back his Fox News colleagues have given him.
__________________
End of Line.
  #41022  
Old 04-27-2019, 02:06 AM
OttoDaFe's Avatar
OttoDaFe is offline
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Soviet of Washington
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Careful, puns make him fret.
You certainly have him pegged.
  #41023  
Old 04-27-2019, 05:41 AM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoDaFe View Post
You certainly have him pegged.
That's a bridge too far.
  #41024  
Old 04-27-2019, 05:45 AM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
In a rare Smart Republican idea of the day event, I was watching Rachel Maddow and she played this clip from Andrew Napolitano saying how the Muller report shows multiple attempts at obstruction of justice and that William "Barr has a personal view of obstruction at odds with the statute itself. "

I wonder how much blow-back his Fox News colleagues have given him.
Here's a link to the article BY Napolitano for those who (like me) resist watching videos. I couldn't believe it was on FOX.
Quote:
...
Mueller laid out at least a half-dozen crimes of obstruction committed by Trump -- from asking former Deputy National Security Adviser K.T. McFarland to write an untruthful letter about the reason for Flynn's chat with Kislyak, to asking Corey Lewandowski and then-former White House Counsel Don McGahn to fire Mueller and McGahn to lie about it, to firing Comey to impede the FBI's investigations, to dangling a pardon in front of Michael Cohen to stay silent, to ordering his aides to hide and delete records.

The essence of obstruction is deception or diversion -- to prevent the government from finding the truth. To Mueller, the issue was not if Trump committed crimes of obstruction. Rather, it was if Trump could be charged successfully with those crimes.

Mueller knew that Barr would block an indictment of Trump because Barr has a personal view of obstruction at odds with the statute itself. Barr's view requires that the obstructer has done his obstructing in order to impede the investigation or prosecution of a crime that the obstructer himself has committed. Thus, in this narrow view, because Trump did not commit the crime of conspiracy with the Russians, it was legally impossible for Trump to have obstructed the FBI investigation of that crime.

The nearly universal view of law enforcement, however, is that the obstruction statute prohibits all attempted self-serving interference with government investigations or proceedings.
....
__________________
"If we're not supposed to dance, why all this music?" Gregory Orr
  #41025  
Old 04-27-2019, 07:07 AM
asahi's Avatar
asahi is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 10,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Here's a link to the article BY Napolitano for those who (like me) resist watching videos. I couldn't believe it was on FOX.
Napolitano has actually, pardon the pun, been pretty fair and balanced in his assessment of Trump's legal problems from what I can tell. And while I'm not a lawyer, everything I've ever understood about obstruction is in line with what he said about Barr -- the AG is simply flat out wrong in his application of the obstruction statute. It's not necessary for there to be evidence of an actual crime to have been committed for obstruction to exist. Obstruction is about the act of deliberately interfering with a lawful criminal investigation -- whether you're interfering with an investigation related to a possible criminal act that ultimately doesn't lead to prosecution doesn't matter, nor does it matter whether the president was actually successful in getting his aides to carry out his obstructionist intent. Donald Trump committed acts in which he deliberately tried to interfere with a federal investigation that was lawful; therefore, he committed obstruction.

Bob Barr is acting not as the attorney general but almost as a legal intermediary between the DoJ and the White House counsel, and I can't think of a precedent in recent history.
  #41026  
Old 04-29-2019, 04:18 AM
Gyrate is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Tweeting like Trump isn't difficult. Just write a tweet and take away reason and accountability.
For what it's worth ISWYDT, Mr. Udall.
  #41027  
Old 04-29-2019, 12:09 PM
foolsguinea is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 15,792
Oh, should we lampshade the reference? I got it too, but I imagine a lot of Dopers didn't.
  #41028  
Old 04-29-2019, 12:14 PM
CalMeacham's Avatar
CalMeacham is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 44,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Napolitano has actually, pardon the pun, been pretty fair and balanced in his assessment of Trump's legal problems from what I can tell. And while I'm not a lawyer, everything I've ever understood about obstruction is in line with what he said about Barr -- the AG is simply flat out wrong in his application of the obstruction statute. It's not necessary for there to be evidence of an actual crime to have been committed for obstruction to exist. Obstruction is about the act of deliberately interfering with a lawful criminal investigation -- whether you're interfering with an investigation related to a possible criminal act that ultimately doesn't lead to prosecution doesn't matter, nor does it matter whether the president was actually successful in getting his aides to carry out his obstructionist intent. Donald Trump committed acts in which he deliberately tried to interfere with a federal investigation that was lawful; therefore, he committed obstruction.

Bob Barr is acting not as the attorney general but almost as a legal intermediary between the DoJ and the White House counsel, and I can't think of a precedent in recent history.


The saga continues:

Quote:
Trump could’ve ignored the criticisms, but he instead responded the way he always does: by publishing some unfortunate tweets.



The president wrote over the weekend that Napolitano’s argument was “very dumb,” and was actually the result of corrupt motives. “Ever since Andrew came to my office to ask that I appoint him to the U.S. Supreme Court, and I said NO, he has been very hostile!” Trump wrote. “Also asked for pardon for his friend. A good ‘pal’ of low ratings Shepard Smith.”

I don’t know why Trump included the word “pal” in quotes, though the president has repeatedly made clear that he doesn’t know how quotation marks work.

Legal professor Orin Kerr noted soon after, “In Trump’s world, everyone who turns on him at one point asked him for a favor and was turned down, making Trump the top dog in the end.” Kerr published a list of examples, and it wasn’t brief.

Napolitano himself responded this morning, denying Trump’s claims, and taking the dispute one step further.


In terms of the “pardon” situation, Napolitano said Trump once asked for his opinion about the conviction of a “mutual friend” of theirs. Napolitano said he thought that the conviction was just, to which, Trump offered “a very strong term” to express his disagreement.

“He said, ‘You know this person as well as I do. Call this person up and tell this person he’s going to be on the list of pardons that I will seriously consider.’ That was the extent of that conversation.”

Well, that’s sort of interesting, isn’t it? Did Trump really urge the Fox News legal analyst to dangle a pardon to a mutual friend? Why would he do that?
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...essively#break

See also:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/napolita...reat-a-friend/
__________________
Who is the Calypso Singer that rides Pegasus?
Harry Bellerophonte

Last edited by CalMeacham; 04-29-2019 at 12:17 PM.
  #41029  
Old 04-29-2019, 05:01 PM
foolsguinea is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 15,792
'Pal' presumably is a way of implying that Napolitano is less than heterosexual, & therefore one of them. (Shep, of course, is openly gay.)
  #41030  
Old 04-29-2019, 05:05 PM
Typo Negative's Avatar
Typo Negative is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 7th Level of Hell, Ca
Posts: 17,581
Quote:
Napolitano himself responded this morning, denying Trump’s claims, and taking the dispute one step further.


In terms of the “pardon” situation, Napolitano said Trump once asked for his opinion about the conviction of a “mutual friend” of theirs. Napolitano said he thought that the conviction was just, to which, Trump offered “a very strong term” to express his disagreement.
An obvious lie. Trump has no friends.
__________________
"God hates Facts"

- seen on a bumper sticker in Sacramento Ca
  #41031  
Old 04-30-2019, 02:40 AM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 15,976
Remember Jacob Wohl, the professional troll who tried to falsely accuse Robert Mueller of rape and embarrassed himself in the process?

He apparently learned nothing, as he's tried it again with Pete Buttigieg, just as sloppily as before, and this time even the alleged "victim" says he wants no part of this.

Quote:
“It's important for everyone to know that I was not sexually assaulted and would never falsely accuse anyone,” he wrote. “To keep it brief for now, I was approached by a political figure to come to DC to discuss political situations from the standpoint of a gay Republican. When I arrived they discussed Peter Buttigieg and started talking about how they would be working a campaign against him.”

“I went to bed and woke up to a fake Twitter @RealHunterKelly and an article that I in no way endorsed or wrote. I have since left and am working on a formal statement to give to everyone including the Buttigieg family.”

After publication, Kelly told The Advocate that Wohl and Burkman flew him to Washington, D.C. on Sunday evening to participate in the scheme. But Kelly said he didn’t realize what they had planned, and that he didn’t consent to their publication of the Buttigieg allegations under his name.
How this idiot isn't in prison yet is beyond me.
  #41032  
Old 04-30-2019, 04:06 AM
Gyrate is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,359
Who the fuck is funding Wohl and Burkman? Are they paying for all this stupidity themselves?
  #41033  
Old 04-30-2019, 07:03 AM
Morgyn is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In the time stream
Posts: 5,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Who the fuck is funding Wohl and Burkman? Are they paying for all this stupidity themselves?
I think Wohl's dad is rich. Plus, you know the same folks who provided O'Keefe with funding are probably helping out, either because they believe this shit themselves or because they're hoping that, eventually, something will stick and the target will dissolve like ACORN did.
  #41034  
Old 04-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 16,874
Wohl claimed to the pretend victim that he was working for the White House.
  #41035  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 AM
Fear Itself is online now
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Flavortown
Posts: 35,839
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick calls Beto O'Rourke 'light in the loafers' on Laura Ingraham show.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...light-n1000936
  #41036  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:09 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,410
'light in the loafers' is a gay euphemism? That's a new one to me.
  #41037  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Andy L is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,435
Mail fraud https://twitter.com/JustSumGuy176/st...02427325689856
  #41038  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:18 AM
elucidator is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 59,885
Quote:
"Light in the loafers' is a gay euphemism? That's a new one to me.

Its actually rather old, from the time when homosexual men were presumed to be effeminate, like "limp-wristed".

See https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_...sages/379.html

"...Of a male, from the mincing manner of walking adopted by some: ..."

Last edited by elucidator; 05-02-2019 at 08:19 AM.
  #41039  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:47 AM
wguy123 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
'light in the loafers' is a gay euphemism? That's a new one to me.
What did you think the saying meant? Or, had you never heard the saying?
  #41040  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:48 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
What did you think the saying meant? Or, had you never heard the saying?
I might have heard it. Never really thought about it I guess.
  #41041  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Ukulele Ike is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
What did you think the saying meant? Or, had you never heard the saying?
For years I thought it meant an ineffectual, lightweight sort of person. Several years ago there was a piece in the New Yorker that made a reference to the true meaning, and light dawned.

It’s possible that Dan Patrick shares my former ignorance. I doubt he reads the New Yorker.
__________________
Uke
  #41042  
Old 05-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Gyrate is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy L View Post
So the GOP appear to be sending out "Congressional Census" forms and demanding that they be returned with a $15 "processing fee". And why not - Ted Cruz got away with it.
  #41043  
Old 05-02-2019, 09:13 AM
asahi's Avatar
asahi is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 10,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
So the GOP appear to be sending out "Congressional Census" forms and demanding that they be returned with a $15 "processing fee". And why not - Ted Cruz got away with it.
Moreover, the president can't commit crimes while he's in office.
  #41044  
Old 05-02-2019, 09:24 AM
CalMeacham's Avatar
CalMeacham is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 44,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
So the GOP appear to be sending out "Congressional Census" forms and demanding that they be returned with a $15 "processing fee". And why not - Ted Cruz got away with it.
This looks almost exactly like the Republican Survey form I wrote on this Board about a couple of weeks ago, right down to the "official document" notice on the envelope and the $15 processing fee.
__________________
Who is the Calypso Singer that rides Pegasus?
Harry Bellerophonte
  #41045  
Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 AM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
So the GOP appear to be sending out "Congressional Census" forms and demanding that they be returned with a $15 "processing fee". And why not - Ted Cruz got away with it.
Wow. This needs to be looked into.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #41046  
Old 05-02-2019, 09:53 AM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
So the GOP appear to be sending out "Congressional Census" forms and demanding that they be returned with a $15 "processing fee". And why not - Ted Cruz got away with it.
That's some SERIOUS shit. Part of my job involves providing data to the Census Bureau. You do NOT mess with the census. Anything faked or data released or used for other means could get me jail time.

Of course this shit is fake, but still, you do NOT mess with the Census Bureau. I've been looking for census contacts, but am on vacation. I have let Denver 9News know.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #41047  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:09 AM
El_Kabong's Avatar
El_Kabong is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle
Posts: 15,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
So the GOP appear to be sending out "Congressional Census" forms and demanding that they be returned with a $15 "processing fee". And why not - Ted Cruz got away with it.
Yeah, I've gotten at least two of those, festooned with bullshit "Official Document, Do Not Discard" notations. I'm a little unclear as to how the RNC got the notion that I'm some sort of steadfast supporter. I'm perfectly clear on the degree of contempt they apparently have for their own constituents.
  #41048  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Budget Player Cadet's Avatar
Budget Player Cadet is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Yeah, I've gotten at least two of those, festooned with bullshit "Official Document, Do Not Discard" notations. I'm a little unclear as to how the RNC got the notion that I'm some sort of steadfast supporter. I'm perfectly clear on the degree of contempt they apparently have for their own constituents.
Have you gone to the cops? That's mail fraud.
  #41049  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Yeah, I've gotten at least two of those, festooned with bullshit "Official Document, Do Not Discard" notations. I'm a little unclear as to how the RNC got the notion that I'm some sort of steadfast supporter. I'm perfectly clear on the degree of contempt they apparently have for their own constituents.
They don't care if you're a supporter or not.

They only care if they can con you out of your money using deception.
  #41050  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy L View Post
Also reported here.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017