Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:27 PM
Yankees 1996 Champs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 159

Michael Savage


Has anyone listen to The Savage Nation, a rightwing talk radio show, hosted by nationalist Michael Savage since 1994.

Savage is one of the most listened to talk show hosts in America, which has vaulted him to the Talk Radio Hall of Fame.

I don't care for his Trump approval, but he is very intelligent. He has a master's collegiate degree in medical botany and anthropology at the University of Hawaii and a Ph.D. in nutritional botany from the University of California, Berkley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage
  #2  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 PM
Kimstu is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 23,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
Has anyone listen to The Savage Nation, a rightwing talk radio show, hosted by nationalist Michael Savage since 1994.
Not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs
I don't care for his Trump approval, but he is very intelligent. He has a master's collegiate degree in medical botany and anthropology at the University of Hawaii and a Ph.D. in nutritional botany from the University of California, Berkley.
Always flattered to hear somebody endorsing the assumption that having a Ph.D. automatically makes a person "very intelligent", irrespective of whether or not the subject of their doctoral work has anything to do with what they're expressing opinions about. But I'm not sure it holds up in Michael Savage's case. For one thing, his endorsement of homeopathy doesn't speak well for his intelligence.

Summary from above link:
Quote:
On the basis of his published writings as both [his legal name] Michael Weiner and Michael Savage, he might be described as a health nut who believes that white, Christian people are under assault from the heartless, atheistic left-wing, that strong borders will prevent the spread of virulent, immigrant-borne diseases, and that there are natural cures for everything from heart disease, to cancer, HIV, and liberal thinking. [...]

Michael Weiner aka Michael Savage is one of those people who have made a career — and a considerable fortune — lying to the American people to create impressions that exacerbate the hysteria on the RIGHT while claiming that the left is hysterical. He is a rabble rouser with a following, and that makes him a very dangerous man, but not a very smart one.

Last edited by Kimstu; 11-26-2019 at 10:38 PM.
  #3  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Yankees 1996 Champs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Not me.


Always flattered to hear somebody endorsing the assumption that having a Ph.D. automatically makes a person "very intelligent", irrespective of whether or not the subject of their doctoral work has anything to do with what they're expressing opinions about. But I'm not sure it holds up in Michael Savage's case. For one thing, his endorsement of homeopathy doesn't speak well for his intelligence.

Summary from above link:
He is rightwing, yes.

What makes a person intelligent in your opinion?
  #4  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:46 PM
thorny locust's Avatar
thorny locust is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,619
What has homeopathy to do with being right wing?
  #5  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:30 PM
Miller's Avatar
Miller is offline
Sith Mod
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bear Flag Republic
Posts: 44,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
What has homeopathy to do with being right wing?
I don't know, but right wingers eat that shit up. The left isn't immune to it, by any means, but right wing loons seem to have had a lot more success peddling it - almost all these shrieking demagogues like Savage have a major side-line in snake oil.
  #6  
Old 11-27-2019, 10:41 AM
thorny locust's Avatar
thorny locust is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
I don't know, but right wingers eat that shit up. The left isn't immune to it, by any means, but right wing loons seem to have had a lot more success peddling it - almost all these shrieking demagogues like Savage have a major side-line in snake oil.
Not really the point I was trying to make. Kimstu said, Savage's endorsement of homeopathy doesn't speak well for his intelligence. Yankees 1996 Champs responded specifically to that comment, quoting it, by saying yes, Savage is right wing: as if the only thing wrong with supporting homeopathy were that he thinks Kimstu perceives it as a right wing position. I was trying, apparently not very successfully, to point out that Champs' answer is a nonsequitur.

FWIW, the homeopathy-favoring people I know are mostly far left. I'm not surprised to hear that it's gone in for by multiple sides, however.
  #7  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:44 PM
Left Hand of Dorkness's Avatar
Left Hand of Dorkness is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: at the right hand of cool
Posts: 41,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
What has homeopathy to do with being right wing?
They dilute facts until they're nonexistent, and peddle the result as remedies for society?
  #8  
Old 11-27-2019, 07:06 AM
jz78817 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Under Oveur & over Unger
Posts: 12,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
He is rightwing, yes.

What makes a person intelligent in your opinion?
First and foremost, an intelligent person knows the limit of their own knowledge.

Savage is just another self-proclaimed “smartest guy in any room” who believes the stupidest shit because he thinks if a “smart” guy like him believes it, it must be true.

Last edited by jz78817; 11-27-2019 at 07:06 AM.
  #9  
Old 11-27-2019, 08:22 AM
margin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
He is rightwing, yes.

What makes a person intelligent in your opinion?
Not being right wing.
__________________
They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
  #10  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:55 PM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,427
I'm vaguely aware of Savage being a right wing nut who says hateful things (didn't he once tell a caller that he hoped the caller got AIDS and died?) but he doesn't really take up much space in my brain.

Why is this in the Pit? What's your opinion of him?
  #11  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:20 PM
Yankees 1996 Champs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
I'm vaguely aware of Savage being a right wing nut who says hateful things (didn't he once tell a caller that he hoped the caller got AIDS and died?) but he doesn't really take up much space in my brain.

Why is this in the Pit? What's your opinion of him?
I think Savage is rude and nuts, but he makes good points about society. America is losing social cohesion of community.

America has a social issue.
  #12  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:37 PM
crowmanyclouds's Avatar
crowmanyclouds is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
{...} America is losing social cohesion of community.

America has a social issue.
"Social cohesion of community" . . . what the fuck is that, and when did America have more of it???

CMC fnord!
  #13  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:51 PM
Yankees 1996 Champs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post
"Social cohesion of community" . . . what the fuck is that, and when did America have more of it???

CMC fnord!
A sense of belonging.

A sense that Americans have a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.

Those things have been lost since the 1990s.
  #14  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:57 PM
Left Hand of Dorkness's Avatar
Left Hand of Dorkness is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: at the right hand of cool
Posts: 41,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
A sense of belonging.

A sense that Americans have a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.

Those things have been lost since the 1990s.
In the 1990s, Pat Buchanan declared at the RNC that "there is a religious war going on in this country. It is a cultural war, as critical to the kind of nation we shall be as was the Cold War itself, for this war is for the soul of America," because of things like "the amoral idea that gay and lesbian couples should have the same standing in law as married men and women." James Byrd, Jr. was dragged to death because he was black. Mathew Shepard was beaten and left to die because he was gay. Abortion clinics were bombed. The Oklahoma Federal Building was bombed. The Unabomber was active. And Rush Limbaugh was building his media empire by incessantly attacking feminazis, communists, the NAACP ("The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."), and anyone else he could demonize.

You really think that there was a sense of belonging for all Americans in the 1990s?

Last edited by Left Hand of Dorkness; 11-26-2019 at 11:59 PM.
  #15  
Old 11-27-2019, 02:12 AM
Gary Kumquat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
A sense of belonging.

A sense that Americans have a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.
Absolutely. It is only through sense of belonging, trust, strength and bond of honor that the glorious American republic will rise up to overthrow the chains of bourgeois capitalism! All power to the United States. Peace to the People. Land to the peasants.

Can I just note your grammar is really coming along nicely. Have you been practising?
  #16  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:32 AM
RickJay is offline
Charter Jays Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Oakville, Canada
Posts: 42,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
A sense of belonging.

A sense that Americans have a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.

Those things have been lost since the 1990s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War
__________________
Providing useless posts since 1999!
  #17  
Old 11-27-2019, 11:18 AM
Typo Negative's Avatar
Typo Negative is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 7th Level of Hell, Ca
Posts: 18,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
A sense of belonging.

A sense that Americans have a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.

Those things have been lost since the 1990s.
Lets talk about that bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.

You are either not from these parts or willfully ignorant.

Back in the bygone days when we had a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith, it was OK for cops to belong to the KKK. Lynching was OK. Blacks having to go to separate schools, use different bathrooms, use different water fountains...that was OK.

Not as OK as the bygone days of bonds of honor, trust, strength and faith when the blacks could be sold as property and savagely beaten or killed if they misbehaved. You ever hear of Emmett Till? But the conservatives eventially had to make allowances. They could still have a world where gays had to hide for fear of being beaten of killed and have the cops not care so much, so long as it wasn't on the front page. Because if gays complained to the cops, they would arrested. Ya know, for doing gay-stuff. (it was illegal!) They could have a world where non-white, non-Christian and non-heterosexuals could be treated as second class citizens.

And women, barefoot and pregnant. Or, if in the workplace, OK to ogled, pawed at, harassed and told they could only keep their jobs by sucking the boss's cock and get fired if they complained. All while working for less than a man would get. Woman were to be subservient. The office place was a bastion white men, Christian and Straight! It was good, because they a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith!

And you could practice your faith in a catholic church where they didn't have to hear all the talk about Priest's molesting kids. They didn't do that back then. Because Priests had bonds of honor, trust, strength and faith!




The good old days weren't nearly as good as some people remember.
__________________
"Just love everybody. I'll sort 'em out later"

-God
  #18  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:18 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
A sense of belonging.

A sense that Americans have a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.

Those things have been lost since the 1990s.
Bullshit.

I don't trust liars and crooks and flag waving traitors. I don't trust the far "alt" right (nazis). I don't honor people who piss on me and tell me it's raining. And I don't see strength in an administration of back biters, bullies, liars, cowards, thieves, and draft dodging war mongers.
  #19  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:53 PM
jz78817 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Under Oveur & over Unger
Posts: 12,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
A sense of belonging.

A sense that Americans have a bond of honor, trust, strength, faith.

Those things have been lost since the 1990s.
well what do you expect when the people who support our President think it's okay to advocate for the murder of their fellow citizens for the heinous crime of having a different political viewpoint?
  #20  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:14 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post
"Social cohesion of community" . . . what the fuck is that, and when did America have more of it???

CMC fnord!
Yeah. What IS that.
  #21  
Old 11-27-2019, 02:48 PM
Typo Negative's Avatar
Typo Negative is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 7th Level of Hell, Ca
Posts: 18,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Yeah. What IS that.
"Social cohesion of community" is when one segment of the community gets to dominate the others. And when they can't dominate them, the feel that the bond of honor, trust, strength, faith is broken.
__________________
"Just love everybody. I'll sort 'em out later"

-God
  #22  
Old 11-27-2019, 03:02 PM
thorny locust's Avatar
thorny locust is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Yeah. What IS that.
There probably is such a thing, as in, say, if most of the neighbors will turn out to help clean up after the fire and put the burned-out up for a while, without stopping to ask whether the people who had the fire are of their religion, group heritage, or political opinions. (And in that sense, at any given time some neighborhoods have it, others don't; and the country as a whole has never either been perfect about it, or lacked it entirely; though the overall balance does vary from time to time.)

But what most people seem to mean by a lack of social cohesion is 'I've discovered that a lot of people disagree with me and they keep saying so out loud!'
  #23  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Kimstu is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 23,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
I think Savage is rude and nuts, but he makes good points about society. America is losing social cohesion of community.
Largely thanks to Michael Savage and his ilk spewing their rudeness and nuttiness all over the place, as Defensive Indifference recalled:
Quote:
Television viewers may still remember Savage’s brief, unhappy tenure on MSNBC, which ended after he responded to a prank caller by saying, “Oh, you’re one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig.”
The fact that someone like Savage can make millions off of decades of whipping up his fellow conservatives to hate people, and then be taken seriously by them when he whines that America is "losing social cohesion", merely demonstrates how abjectly conservatives in general these days have abandoned critical thinking and regard for facts.
  #24  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:48 PM
Yankees 1996 Champs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Largely thanks to Michael Savage and his ilk spewing their rudeness and nuttiness all over the place, as Defensive Indifference recalled:


The fact that someone like Savage can make millions off of decades of whipping up his fellow conservatives to hate people, and then be taken seriously by them when he whines that America is "losing social cohesion", merely demonstrates how abjectly conservatives in general these days have abandoned critical thinking and regard for facts.
Michael Moore, Cenk Ugyr whips up fellow progressives to hate people as well. Both sides have their crackpots.
  #25  
Old 11-27-2019, 12:45 AM
Guinastasia's Avatar
Guinastasia is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 53,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
Michael Moore, Cenk Ugyr whips up fellow progressives to hate people as well. Both sides have their crackpots.
That's your argument, "they do it too!" ?

Not very convincing, dude.
__________________
It’s not you, it’s your sports team.
  #26  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:15 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
Michael Moore, Cenk Ugyr whips up fellow progressives to hate people as well. Both sides have their crackpots.
and here... we... go...


That tired ass "both sides" shit.
  #27  
Old 11-27-2019, 04:22 AM
Nava is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hey! I'm located! WOOOOW!
Posts: 43,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
I think Savage is rude and nuts, but he makes good points about society. America is losing social cohesion of community.
America has long been proud of having no such thing. Immigrant communities have much more social cohesion (in some cases, forced by the rejection from the not-so-receiving country) than Standard Americans, and these more than Mythological Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Michael Savage vs Dan Savage. Discuss.
My money's on Dan.

Last edited by Nava; 11-27-2019 at 04:23 AM.
  #28  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:13 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
... America is losing social cohesion of community.

America has a social issue.
Uh huh. Meaning we took their "fuck your feelings" and gave it right back to the fuckers.

Social cohesion. WTF is that anyway.
  #29  
Old 11-28-2019, 05:29 AM
septimus's Avatar
septimus is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Land of Smiles
Posts: 20,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees 1996 Champs View Post
I think Savage is rude and nuts, but he makes good points about society. America is losing social cohesion of community.

America has a social issue.
Tell me if I have this straight.
* Savage is a Trump-licker, but you aren't. (You voted for Gary Johnson — what do I win?)
* Savage is rude and nuts, but you listen to his talk show anyway.
* Among all the lies, gibberish, and Trump-licking, Savage came up with one right-wing talking point that you think has merit.

Did I get that right? Good. Now please answer the following question before we move on:

Why not mention the right-wing idea itself, or even put it up for debate. Why instead make a thread about Savage?

If I had to guess I'd go with:
"Right-wing bloviating dolts often come up with right-wing talking points that I think have merit. Therefore they are NOT bloviating dolts, they're GENIUSES. You libtard dolts are listening to the wrong talk shows!!!"
What do I win?
  #30  
Old 11-28-2019, 06:55 AM
kambuckta is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Great Barrier Reef, wooo
Posts: 10,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Tell me if I have this straight.
* Savage is a Trump-licker, but you aren't.

If I had to guess I'd go with:
"Right-wing bloviating dolts often come up with right-wing talking points that I think have merit. Therefore they are NOT bloviating dolts, they're GENIUSES. You libtard dolts are listening to the wrong talk shows!!!"
What do I win?
A puppy, homeopathically immunised against parvo and rabies.
  #31  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:59 PM
Lamoral's Avatar
Lamoral is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Fenario
Posts: 3,049
The OP's posting style reminds me very much of someone else.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

There's something about the cadence of his posts that's familiar to me.

Interesting how that works, isn't it?

I wonder if it's just a coincidence.

Are we ever going to know the truth?

I hope so. But maybe it's just not in the cards.
  #32  
Old 11-27-2019, 03:14 AM
crowmanyclouds's Avatar
crowmanyclouds is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,778
Has anyone heard anything about an upcoming grit shortage? I hear China's gonna cut their exports.
Thank God we have President Trump, I'm certain that Hillary would have sold America's gumption mines to the Russians!

CMC fnord!
  #33  
Old 11-27-2019, 03:24 AM
Gary Kumquat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 4,396
Michael Savage vs Dan Savage. Discuss.
  #34  
Old 11-27-2019, 03:49 AM
Alessan's Avatar
Alessan is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 25,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Michael Savage vs Dan Savage. Discuss.
I'd say that any contact between the two would lead to a roughly 3 gigaton explosion (assuming 75 kg for the lighter of the two).
  #35  
Old 11-27-2019, 04:53 AM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 8,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Michael Savage vs Dan Savage. Discuss.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Michael_Savage

Vs.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dan_Savage
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #36  
Old 11-27-2019, 05:07 AM
Gary Kumquat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
I'd say that any contact between the two would lead to a roughly 3 gigaton explosion (assuming 75 kg for the lighter of the two).
Good answer, but I'm afraid I'll have to mark you down for not showing your work.


Plagiarism is bad enough, but you've not even gone to the effort of trying to cut and paste into an answer. See me after class.
  #37  
Old 11-27-2019, 05:24 AM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 8,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Good answer, but I'm afraid I'll have to mark you down for not showing your work.




Plagiarism is bad enough, but you've not even gone to the effort of trying to cut and paste into an answer. See me after class.
Man, im just auditing this class. Get off my back!
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #38  
Old 11-27-2019, 07:17 AM
Alessan's Avatar
Alessan is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 25,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Good answer, but I'm afraid I'll have to mark you down for not showing your work.
Assume a matter-antimatter explosion. 1 gram of antimatter has a explosive yield of 40 kilotons of TNT. Taking a mass of 75 kg (as only the lighter of the two will undergo a full reaction), that's 40,000 tons X 75,000 grams = 3,000,000,000 tons, or 3 gigatons of TNT.

Better?
  #39  
Old 11-27-2019, 11:32 AM
Buck Godot's Avatar
Buck Godot is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MD outside DC
Posts: 6,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Michael Savage vs Dan Savage. Discuss.
Doc savage takes them both out without breaking a sweat.
  #40  
Old 11-27-2019, 05:12 AM
Budget Player Cadet is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,722
Dan Savage taught me there's nothing wrong with expecting a relationship that's sexually fulfilled.

Mike Savage taught me there's nothing wrong with being an offensively awful bigot for much of the country.

One of these helped me a lot. The other depresses me greatly.
  #41  
Old 11-27-2019, 08:08 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Dan Savage taught me there's nothing wrong with expecting a relationship that's sexually fulfilled.

Mike Savage taught me there's nothing wrong with being an offensively awful bigot for much of the country.

One of these helped me a lot. The other depresses me greatly.
What has Randy "Macho Man" Savage taught you?
  #42  
Old 11-27-2019, 08:15 AM
mozchron is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 953
I'm not going to get into this Savage guy's philosophical rhetoric, which I assume is the usual right wing bullshit shit sandwich nonsense that his stupid listeners eat up with a grin

I'll just say that I have a PhD. I know literally thousands (and I mean literally, not figuratively) of other people who have PhDs in a dizzying array of academic fields.

Some of them are goddam morons. Most are at least competent in their areas of expertise (but not all!), but having a narrow area of knowledge does not make you intelligent.

You don't have to be that smart to get a PhD. You just need to be very persistent.

This guy sounds like a moron with a PhD.

Last edited by mozchron; 11-27-2019 at 08:15 AM.
  #43  
Old 11-27-2019, 08:39 AM
scabpicker's Avatar
scabpicker is offline
Yo soy pinche idiota
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Funkytown (Fort Worth)
Posts: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
What has Randy "Macho Man" Savage taught you?
To snap into a Slim Jim?

Hey, it's far more valuable than what Michael Savage has taught me. I've heard his show. If you are able to listen to five minutes of it and still think that he's smart, you're one of the biggest dumbfucks to ever post here.
  #44  
Old 11-27-2019, 08:59 AM
Budget Player Cadet is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
What has Randy "Macho Man" Savage taught you?
That Slim Jims are fucking awesome. Which places him slightly below Dan and way above Mike. I think Adam might be the best Savage, though, in no small part because of this tweet.
  #45  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:57 AM
wguy123 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by scabpicker View Post
To snap into a Slim Jim?

Hey, it's far more valuable than what Michael Savage has taught me. I've heard his show. If you are able to listen to five minutes of it and still think that he's smart, you're one of the biggest dumbfucks to ever post here.
<macho man> Oh YEAHHHHHH!!!! </macho man>
  #46  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:20 AM
Ludovic is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: America's Wing
Posts: 30,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
What has Randy "Macho Man" Savage taught you?
That wrestling fans love them some Village People?
  #47  
Old 11-27-2019, 05:55 AM
Steve MB is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 13,493
Mistaking Mr. Weiner for an "intelligent" person speaks poorly of your discernment.
__________________
The Internet: Nobody knows if you're a dog. Everybody knows if you're a jackass.
  #48  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:12 AM
digs's Avatar
digs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: West of Wauwatosa
Posts: 10,349
I'm a little confused by people who see a board with the expressed purpose of Fighting Ignorance, take the trouble to choose a name, join, and compose posts, then start their own thread... knowing that their Spreading Ignorance isn't going to do any good.

Do they not read a few threads first and realize this place is predominantly Smartypantses?


(I do realize this OP could just be someone who wants to 'rile dem libs', who's possibly been here before... but my point applies to decades of predecessors)
  #49  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:34 AM
Budget Player Cadet is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,722
As a native-born Mainer, I can say: this is exactly what I expect out of a Yankees fan.
  #50  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:22 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
As a native-born Mainer, I can say: this is exactly what I expect out of a Yankees fan.
As a Mets fan, I concur.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017